Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: >> CLAN's advantage <<

Originally posted by Bezerka
    Clan cant buy from Omni stores, regardless of amnesty
    This is incorrect. They can use our terminals. Omni can't use Clan NPC shops either so that it's not an issue.

Even if they suddenly can't use our terminals after the amnesty ends, they can still make an Omni character to buy for them, therefore getting BOTH advantages.

THERE IS NO OMNI ADVANTAGE.

I play an Omni Crat and an Omni NT. Where is my advantage? The armor I use is not Omni Restricted and it can't be bought in ANY shop (Bau Wiatt)

You're asking for a Clan advantage when neither side has an advantage over the other.

Clan currently can use Omni terminals, if that changes all they have to do is create an Omni mule to buy what they need.

The Omni Advantage you all seem to think exists, better shops, is a pretty ****ty one since shops do not carry anything over QL125. Are you going to propose that the Clan advantage automatically CEASE at level 125?

We can only use the cluster terminals, nothing else, and it has been like that long before the amnesty, so i guess it is a bug.

FC has said that Omnis will be able to join official omni departments like Omni-Pol, and im sure this includes some advantages, and they have also said Clans will get some skill bonuses. I am not sure what the official departments will provide for omnis, they say nothing about it, but it would be very meaningless unless it includes some advantages.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu
    We can only use the cluster terminals, nothing else, and it has been like that long before the amnesty, so i guess it is a bug.

FC has said that Omnis will be able to join official omni departments like Omni-Pol, and im sure this includes some advantages, and they have also said Clans will get some skill bonuses. I am not sure what the official departments will provide for omnis, they say nothing about it, but it would be very meaningless unless it includes some advantages.
    I was in Omni-Pol for a month or two and all I have to say is "lol"

Omni-Pol's founder quit the guild and joined the Clans. The second in command was a complete and utter moron. The leaders of subdivisions from OP were Hard Corps (or something similiar), Elite something, and another in charge of Omni-Med. (sorry for the scarcity of names, but this was about 2-3 months ago.) ALL of the -important- leaders of OP quit the guild and moved on to bigger and better things. Maybe 2 people in OP are above level 100+. The guild had a weak base and was unstable.

I'm only pointing this out because Guilds should not gain advantages. What about the people out there roleplaying as Mercenaries, or Lone Wolfs who chose not to join a guild? Should we exclude them from all the game's advantages?

And for all of those stubborn people who still believe that Omni has an advantage of Clans, all I have to say is join Omni. You'll see for yourself that we get no advantage.

Do we have Cosmik on the boards ?

Originally posted by Zeth
    And for all of those stubborn people who still believe that Omni has an advantage of Clans, all I have to say is join Omni. You'll see for yourself that we get no advantage.
    Should I jump back in my pink Clan Yalmaha ?

OT departments should be lead by ARKs IMHO.
    There is no mature enough players in this game that want to lead such huge guild. Just check the "OT has no advantage whining" posts.

LOL even I start to be tired by all the trolls.

I just hope that FC will implement what has to be done really soon now.

Cz any supportive post here ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Re: Do we have Cosmik on the boards ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Should I jump back in my pink Clan Yalmaha ?

I'm actually wondering why you chose the color pink for your Yalmaha ..makes me worry about you ..

OT departments should be lead by ARKs IMHO.
    There is no mature enough players in this game that want to lead such huge guild. Just check the "OT has no advantage whining" posts.

Yup, I guess so. Also check out the "Clans dont have the facts straight" posts. I'm sure you'll learn a thing or two.

LOL even I start to be tired by all the trolls.

Wouldn't you be a troll yourself?

I just hope that FC will implement what has to be done really soon now.

Yup, and I hope that FC will implement the Omni advantage really soon now too. <grins>

Cz any supportive post here ?

Well, it'd be a first. <smirks>
    Last edited by Zeth; Jan 6th, 2002 at 13:38:44.

Re: Re: Do we have Cosmik on the boards ?

I flame because I care, and because I want to better Anarchy Online.
    What the hell is the point of posting when the Officials never read them?
    Oxymoron at is finest.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I was in Omni-Pol for a month or two and all I have to say is "lol"

Omni-Pol's founder quit the guild and joined the Clans. The second in command was a complete and utter moron. The leaders of subdivisions from OP were Hard Corps (or something similiar), Elite something, and another in charge of Omni-Med. (sorry for the scarcity of names, but this was about 2-3 months ago.) ALL of the -important- leaders of OP quit the guild and moved on to bigger and better things. Maybe 2 people in OP are above level 100+. The guild had a weak base and was unstable.

I'm only pointing this out because Guilds should not gain advantages. What about the people out there roleplaying as Mercenaries, or Lone Wolfs who chose not to join a guild? Should we exclude them from all the game's advantages?

Hmm, i think you misunderstood, the Omni-Pol guild you were a member of was a player run guild, what i am talking about is departments run by FC...

Plz click here and check it out.
    NT phone HOME!!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=5900

I *really* like the idea I posted there on how to make up for the Omni-pol armor advantage (the only real advantage to being omni, but only an advantage if you use str/agi armor, which is not even 1/3 of the player base, well atleast on Rk2)

Sorry but no. The Omni only restrictions have been removed from all but a few terminals. You can use all the important ones like Weapons and Armor. Go to Trade and check again. If it were a bug it would still say Omni Only yet be able to use it.

Originally posted by EvilGlitch
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=5900

I *really* like the idea I posted there on how to make up for the Omni-pol armor advantage
    Your idea is nice. But the look should be altered somehow : maybe it should be scratched or the clan-rhino tag should be painted on the torso / helmet I don't know.

Eh, once in a while we have a suggestion here. How sweet.

Post Smuggling... Hmmm

Smuggling, smuggling, smuggling... This has been a dream of mine since before AO was even released... I think it would balance things slightly by limiting the choice of weaponry that Omni has.
    My ideas:

1. Certain items will be banned by omni-tek. This means that if an omni employee is seen by the guards with this item in their inventory, the item is confiscated and the player is fined (depending on level). Of course, this doesn't mean that the employees can't use those item... They just have to be careful not to walk into guards line of sight while they've got those on them. Items that are banned could be rebel-made items, or items made by corporations other then omni-tek altogether, though that might be a little too much.

2. New Fixer skill, "concealed carry". Really giving Fixer's the ability to "fix" things for players who don't want to get caught and fined by guards, but want that clanner rifle, the Fixer would have the ability to conceal weapons, armor, or items, making them able to walk freely in most areas without fear of having the items confiscated. This would give them an ability that no other class posseses, the ability to smuggle things to people...

This would give Omni-Tek a distinct disadvantage when it comes to weapon selection, and rebels would be free to use whatever they like. Of course to make things fair the new fixer ability would be implemented... Constructive criticism is appreciated...

Re: a non flame omni view

Originally posted by Succumbus
    Firstly I would like to say I would like to see The Clans getting an advantage to even things up (I'm an omni player). However I would like to see it as something that would make sense with the Background. The organisation advantages seem to make some sense, however all the calls for increased skills or better equipment don't. Historically rebel or guerrilla forces are badly equipped and trained. Their main advantage is their knowledge of their home territory and loyalty to the cause. This being the case, perhaps the Clans should be given a larger advantage in clan territory, or maybe have much reduced map skill requirements for using the maps of clan areas? Another Idea maybe to not give the Clans any specific advantage, but to give Omni some disadvantage to balance out. After all in the manual it says that the clan lifestyle is more freewheeling, while Omni is restricted and more uniform. perhaps something like this could be put into place?

On a separate note, The clans are not fighting a guerrilla war, as they gave up the ability to do that when they took control of the North and built cities, which they now have to defend. The Situation is closer to the American war of Independence, with a small, badly equipped and train force taking on the overwhelming might of a Well equipped, well trained army, though one that doesn't understand the local terrain as well. It should also be noted that this war, like that one, will probably only be won with the intervention of another power on the behalf of the Clans, Like the French for the Americans, as on their own the Clans don't have the manpower, infrastructure or equipment to take on a Corporation that owns a huge number of star systems.
    Don't understand the terrain that well? Omni BUILT the terrain. They it know it pretty damn well. But this really doesn't have anything to do with *gaming*. Flavor and Rules must often be seperate.

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Your idea is nice. But the look should be altered somehow : maybe it should be scratched or the clan-rhino tag should be painted on the torso / helmet I don't know.

Eh, once in a while we have a suggestion here. How sweet.
    I said it should gain a new look

What i cant grasp in this discussion is that ppl want advantages for clanners equipment-wise, when thaer in other post claims that cease fire isnt to be obliged by everyone since clans arent one big faction but rather lots of small factions that works independent against the same goal.

Question is, how would 140 isolated people (read guild) get their hands on that equipment that OMNI doesnt have, thats just pure hypocrisy, they dont have science facilities to produce it, so Omni-tek should have better gear.

As for better skills like the adventuring skills, swimming, adventuring and so forth could be higher for clans by default i can agree on that since they are brought up in a certain kind of society with certain resources, but then again omni has the same upbringin with other advantages, and that would leave us with slightly higher skills by default for both and then nothin gained just wasted hours of work in something useless by FC.

Originally posted by Whites
    What i cant grasp in this discussion is that ppl want advantages for clanners equipment-wise, when thaer in other post claims that cease fire isnt to be obliged by everyone since clans arent one big faction but rather lots of small factions that works independent against the same goal.

Question is, how would 140 isolated people (read guild) get their hands on that equipment that OMNI doesnt have, thats just pure hypocrisy, they dont have science facilities to produce it, so Omni-tek should have better gear.

As for better skills like the adventuring skills, swimming, adventuring and so forth could be higher for clans by default i can agree on that since they are brought up in a certain kind of society with certain resources, but then again omni has the same upbringin with other advantages, and that would leave us with slightly higher skills by default for both and then nothin gained just wasted hours of work in something useless by FC.

Exactly, we are brought up in a more hostile environment, we should get more health, more MC (cause we have to cook for our selves, and food is sparse, so we use NTs to magically create some...),higher attack skill (cause all families arent so lucky to have an NT, so their soldiers etc needs to hunt from their childhood), Better tradeskills (cause we have to make our own stuff) ETC.......
    NT phone HOME!!

Exactly, we are brought up in a more hostile environment, we should get more health, more MC (cause we have to cook for our selves, and food is sparse, so we use NTs to magically create some...),higher attack skill (cause all families arent so lucky to have an NT, so their soldiers etc needs to hunt from their childhood), Better tradeskills (cause we have to make our own stuff) ETC.......
    Is this a joke?

Garzu is right - Omnis are just fat and ill-trained because they eat too much bronto-burritos and watch too much holo-TV.

We claners are hungry, fast and deadly.

How do you think we can keep at bay such a huge power as OT is supposed to be ?

Originally posted by Gummizluv

How do you think we can keep at bay such a huge power as OT is supposed to be ?
    You can't.
    I suggest you surrender, for your own safety.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast