Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: >> CLAN's advantage <<

ok then

Since I guess maybe my previous post on the subject was too involved, it comes down to as follows:

I want the clans to have some sort of advantage. I'm just so tired of things in these games not making sense. Sudden amnesty so we can all fight pumpkin monsters anyone?

It is a roleplaying game, and I'd like it to start behaving as such.. hell, if they got the guild skill gains by distributing illegal drugs to their clan members that'd work for me.

I'm sure I speak for a small minority. I think that changes, any changes, are given the opportunity to contribute a small detail to the backstory, some do, some don't.

So take the clan skillgain thing all the way. Give the other Omni departments armor. If it was planned to be that simple then I don't see a problem with it.

Fed Up

Alright, Im getting sick and tired of listening to this crap.

Most of the people who post and whine are ignorant newbies *****ing because they want something they have no knowledge of. People think "Oh, I can't wear Omni Elite armor, therefore it must be the best." Listen up whiners -

Flowers and Primus has the exact same AC as Elite, except Flowers is low on Cold/Fire, and Primus is low in Radiation, while Elite is low on Chemical. So understand this - When you reach QL 200 armor, it doesnt make a difference what the hell you wear, ALL of the Energy/Melee/Proj AC is the EXACT SAME, only little ACs are altered. If you want to wear black armor, just get an OT app, go Omni, wear the Elite armor, wait 24 hours, then switch back to Clan. I swear I see HALF of the Clanners on RK1 wearing Elite. No OT Advantage There.

Omni gets a 5% discount in STORES? Wow, stores. I'm a level 120 character and I have NEVER EVER bought ANYTHING from a store. I have ALWAYS bought ALL of my equipment from the trade market channel, where EVERYTHING is 40% less then store price from actual playes. Do you remember paying 80k for that QL 50 Novaflow? What about 800k for that QL 70 Tank Armor? Oh wait, you DIDNT buy it fom the stores, so it probably cost you 30k for that Nova and 90k for that Tank from another player. Ever think about that? Not to mention that the 5% discount is worthless since everything above QL 125 is nonexistant. To prove my point here, I placed my QL 200 Novaflow in a vendor. Turned out I can sell my QL 200 Novaflow for 31k. Yes, 31k, when compared to the 8-15 MILLION credits I can sell it on the market. This proves that you can't complain about Omnis getting millions and millions from selling their supplies to vendors. No OT Advantage There.

On a side note, I do want to say that Clans have a HUGE advantage over Omni-Tek. I dont know whether this is intentional or a bug, but Clan can see EVERY Omni channel. Trading, Groups, OOC everything while Omni can't see a damn from Clans. This leads to leaks on attacks in PvP fields since Clanners can snoop in OT conversation. This also gives Clanners te ability of TWO shopping channels. For me, this is the biggest advantage in the game. So Funcom, either give Omni-Tek all of the Clan channels, or take away all of the OT channels from Clans. Clan Advantage There.

Now, as far as this "Clan skill advantage" bull**** goes, it's total and utter nonsense. It's Funcom not thinking things through and doing a rush job because people are whining and complaining. A +20 skill bonus? Do you realize how effective people can weave that into skill wranglers, buffs, and implants? You'll be seeing almost every level 100 Clanner in QL 200 armor. Clan Advantage There.

To sum things up? Clan - 2. Omni - 0. Yeah, I really like the numbers here. And the most amazing part is that you whiners want MORE.
    Last edited by Zeth; Dec 29th, 2001 at 01:55:30.

Re: Fed Up

Originally posted by Zeth
    On a side note, I do want to say that Clans have a HUGE advantage over Omni-Tek. I dont know whether this is intentional or a bug, but Clan can see EVERY Omni channel. Trading, Groups, OOC everything while Omni can't see a damn from Clans. This leads to leaks on attacks in PvP fields since Clanners can snoop in OT conversation. This also gives Clanners te ability of TWO shopping channels. For me, this is the biggest advantage in the game. So Funcom, either give Omni-Tek all of the Clan channels, or take away all of the OT channels from Clans. Clan Advantage There.

We cannot see the OOC channel, we can only see the trading, this is a bug introduced with the amnesty. BTW, i have never seen anything on that trade channel about attacks etc, that is bull****.

We are on the offensive, we fight for our lives, that should be enough to grant some ability bonuses.
    NT phone HOME!!

I swear I see HALF of the Clanners on RK1 wearing Elite. No OT Advantage There.
    ROFL - Yes the other half is flying in pink Yalmahas.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Most of the people who post and whine are ignorant newbies *****ing because they want something they have no knowledge of.
    lol from your previous post its obvious you are one who fits into this category.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Flowers and Primus has the exact same AC as Elite, except Flowers is low on Cold/Fire, and Primus is low in Radiation, while Elite is low on Chemical. So understand this - When you reach QL 200 armor, it doesnt make a difference what the hell you wear, ALL of the Energy/Melee/Proj AC is the EXACT SAME, only little ACs are altered. If you want to wear black armor, just get an OT app, go Omni, wear the Elite armor, wait 24 hours, then switch back to Clan. I swear I see HALF of the Clanners on RK1 wearing Elite. No OT Advantage There.

This is false, go check those stats again.
    NT phone HOME!!

I swear I see HALF of the Clanners on RK1 wearing Elite. No OT Advantage There.

No OT advantage here? Except that those clanners loose their tokens, OTs keeps their tokens which is a GREAT advantage.
    NT phone HOME!!

Clan - 2, Omni - 0

Originally posted by Garzu

We cannot see the OOC channel, we can only see the trading, this is a bug introduced with the amnesty. BTW, i have never seen anything on that trade channel about attacks etc, that is bull****.

We are on the offensive, we fight for our lives, that should be enough to grant some ability bonuses.
    The OOC channel is constantly dead, so dont worry about missing private Omni convos there. As for the Trade Channels, you get the ability to buy from Omni players and listen into private messages concerning Attacks on 2HO, MMD, etc,etc.

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    ROFL - Yes the other half is flying in pink Yalmahas.
    I just saw 4 Clanners in the middle of Tir wearing full elite. Although I'm not too sure about those Pink Yalmahas. *grin*

Originally posted by KrazyKanuck

lol from your previous post its obvious you are one who fits into this category.
    uh ..care to explain before humiliating yourself on the forums?

This is false, go check those stats again.
    Alright Garzu, if you insist. :

Primus Body QL 200

MeleeAC by 1000
    EnergyAC by 1000
    ChemicalAC by 625
    RadiationAC by 250
    ProjectileAC by 1000
    PoisonAC by 875
    FireAC by 875
    ColdAC by 875

Flower Body QL 200

FireAC by 750
    MeleeAC by 1000
    EnergyAC by 1000
    ChemicalAC by 875
    RadiationAC by 1000
    ProjectileAC by 1000
    PoisonAC by 250
    ColdAC by 750

Elite Body QL 200

RadiationAC by 875
    FireAC by 875
    ColdAC by 875
    MeleeAC by 1000
    EnergyAC by 1000
    ProjectileAC by 1000
    PoisonAC by 875
    ChemicalAC by 250

Hey guess what Garzu? Im right. Thanks for letting me prove you wrong and proving you're a newbie when it comes to armor. Once again I state that ALL armor ACs are equal except for 1 stat that are all different from one another.

No OT advantage here? Except that those clanners loose their tokens, OTs keeps their tokens which is a GREAT advantage.
    Once again Garzu, you're proving your ignorance on the boards. You dont "lose" your token board, you merely get a new one from the other side. And when you switch back, you still retain your current tokens.

Originally posted by Spaycey
    About the token thing. Your token count does not reset, you just cant wear it. I know, Ive done it before. When you switch back you can put the old token board back on like you never left. So, no, thats not a valid arguement.

It is an exploit that clanners do this.
    Originally posted by Tomasin
    My girlfriend switched to clan to explore a little and see how the other half lived, and when she did it, she couldnt wear her omni token board.

Then she switched back to omni and now she had 2 omni boards, the old one with all the tokens, and a new one with zero tokens. She just deleted the new one and continued to use the old one.
    And besides, there's no -REAL- advantage from Token Boards unless you have over 500 tokens already.

*smiles*

I love being me.
    And just to refresh all of your memories, the Clan Advantage still stands at 2, while the Omni Advantage still stands at 0. I still cant believe you whiners want more.

Re: Clan - 2, Omni - 0

Alright Garzu, if you insist. :

Primus Body QL 200

MeleeAC by 1000
    EnergyAC by 1000
    ChemicalAC by 625
    RadiationAC by 250
    ProjectileAC by 1000
    PoisonAC by 875
    FireAC by 875
    ColdAC by 875

Flower Body QL 200

FireAC by 750
    MeleeAC by 1000
    EnergyAC by 1000
    ChemicalAC by 875
    RadiationAC by 1000
    ProjectileAC by 1000
    PoisonAC by 250
    ColdAC by 750

Elite Body QL 200

RadiationAC by 875
    FireAC by 875
    ColdAC by 875
    MeleeAC by 1000
    EnergyAC by 1000
    ProjectileAC by 1000
    PoisonAC by 875
    ChemicalAC by 250

Hey guess what Garzu? Im right. Thanks for letting me prove you wrong and proving you're a newbie when it comes to armor. Once again I state that ALL armor ACs are equal except for 1 stat that are all different from one another.
    LOL, now you make a fool out of yourself, did you look at those stats or did you just quickly write em down? As far as i can see, the elite is better than the 2 others, guess who is the n00b, yes you are right, YOU are.

Once again Garzu, you're proving your ignorance on the boards. You dont "lose" your token board, you merely get a new one from the other side. And when you switch back, you still retain your current tokens.

Once again bla bla bla... ONCE again YOU are mistaken, you only show you dont care to check out what you claim before you insist you are right, clans loose their tokens forever once they switch sides, maybe not omnis, but clans do, check other thread for this. Anyway, if clans kept their tokens, its a bug, and bugs should not be counted as advantages.
    NT phone HOME!!

Garzu, what are you? Some kind of powerhungry newbie who can't be corrected? Face it, you're wrong. LOOK at the stats before making such ignorant comments.

Almost ALL of the ACs in ALL THREE armors are the same. The differences are that Primus lack in Radiation, Flowers lacks in Poison, and Elite lacks in Chemical. Grow up Garzu and learn to be wrong. Once again, Omni-Tek gains NO advantage from having Elite armor.

Once again bla bla bla... ONCE again YOU are mistaken, you only show you dont care to check out what you claim before you insist you are right, clans loose their tokens forever once they switch sides, maybe not omnis, but clans do, check other thread for this. Anyway, if clans kept their tokens, its a bug, and bugs should not be counted as advantages.

Funny Garzu, since you mentioned "check other threads for this" is which I did. I posted threads about other CLANNERS posting about how they DONT lose their tokens when they switch back. GIve it up Garzu, you're wrong, and you're only proving your ignorance and stubborness on the forums.

Elite and Nano armor is the best in the game, while hanshi and flowers come as a good second, hanshi lack a little in a second ac too, and if you add all the ac together, you will find that elite got more ac, not much but still, so i am RIGHT, YOU are WRONG.

Clan tokens, Anyway, in that case it is a BUG if clanners gets to keep the tokens, which is NOT intended by FunCom, which makes it an exploit, and becuase of that cant be counted as an advantage.

Elite and Nano armor is the best in the game, you cant deny that, even if the difference is small.
    Last edited by Garzu; Dec 30th, 2001 at 02:53:40.
    NT phone HOME!!

Clan Advantage

Wow, so Clanners lack 100 AC in Radiation with their QL 200 armor with 5,000 AC in every other armor class. Lets balance out this problem by giving Clanners more of an IP and skill bonus. Hell, lets also give Clanners the ability to gain double the IP per level than Omni, Im sure this will balance out the lose of 100 AC in Radiation when the hit level 200.

Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

Garzu, FC said that overequipping is an exploit. Therefore, by using ANY nuking nano above level 100 (or whatever you are) is an exploit. Are you using QL 103 armor at level 100? Oops, looks like you're exploiting Garzu.

Garzu, an exploit that is common is seen in the eyes of players are something thats is meant to be their intentionally. Remember treatment stacks? That was considerd an exploit, but 80% of the players on the server saw it as something intentional to help them along. This same concept applies with Token Boards.

Once again I state, for the 59th time, Clanners should get NO advantage since Omnis have NO advantage as well. If you want to truely distinguish each side, look at my post regarding "How to better Anarchy Online".

Wow, so Clanners lack 100 AC in Radiation with their QL 200 armor with 5,000 AC in every other armor class. Lets balance out this problem by giving Clanners more of an IP and skill bonus. Hell, lets also give Clanners the ability to gain double the IP per level than Omni, Im sure this will balance out the lose of 100 AC in Radiation when the hit level 200.

Do you realize how stupid this sounds?
    Yeah, it sounds really stupid, and you were the one who said it...

Garzu, FC said that overequipping is an exploit. Therefore, by using ANY nuking nano above level 100 (or whatever you are) is an exploit. Are you using QL 103 armor at level 100? Oops, looks like you're exploiting Garzu.
    Now how can I overequip a nano? I always meet the reqs when I nuke, do you know what you are talking about?

Garzu, an exploit that is common is seen in the eyes of players are something thats is meant to be their intentionally. Remember treatment stacks? That was considerd an exploit, but 80% of the players on the server saw it as something intentional to help them along. This same concept applies with Token Boards.
    Well, no matter how the players look at it, its still what it is, an exploit. Personally i have had that problem myself, with pillows, got nerfed, made left hand only, got my right hand in before nerf, now it is an exploit to use 2 Important stripes, and ppl have been banned for it. And most of us didnt exploit to equip 2 pillows, but still ppl get banned for it.

And to end it, Omnis have advantage, they got many more shops to choose from and much easier access to good equipment, they get more creds, and the best armor (not much, but still)

BTW, im lvl 154 NT with QL 200 nano armor all over, and im not overequipping, i meet the reqs as it is hard to overequip nano armor because of the lack of buffs. Anyway i got the reqs to take it on and off at will, without buffs.
    Last edited by Garzu; Dec 30th, 2001 at 07:23:13.
    NT phone HOME!!

1: Elite does have higher AC. This is intended. It might not have the best chemical AC, but very few armor lines does.

2: Clanners who uses any Omni only armor are exploiters. This should have been fixed by now, but for some reason it isn't.

3: Clanners does not get any more IP or skills than Omnis do. I don't know where you've gotten this from.

4: None of the clan advantages are in the game, so no one can say for sure what we will get.

5: The token count stored on your character should be reset when you switch sides. The board itself might be left, but it is going to be a lot harder to upgrade. I think it should vanish alltogether when you switch. *shrug*

6: I really hope the Omni advantages will develop alongside the Clan ones.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Re: Clan Advantage

Garzu, FC said that overequipping is an exploit. Therefore, by using ANY nuking nano above level 100 (or whatever you are) is an exploit. Are you using QL 103 armor at level 100? Oops, looks like
    Ummm buddy do you know anything??? Funcom says that overequiping or "twinking" as they call it is NOT a exploit although if it gets out of hand they will take a look at it. Know the facts and quit spouting BS.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    1: Elite does have higher AC. This is intended. It might not have the best chemical AC, but very few armor lines does.

2: Clanners who uses any Omni only armor are exploiters. This should have been fixed by now, but for some reason it isn't.

3: Clanners does not get any more IP or skills than Omnis do. I don't know where you've gotten this from.

4: None of the clan advantages are in the game, so no one can say for sure what we will get.

5: The token count stored on your character should be reset when you switch sides. The board itself might be left, but it is going to be a lot harder to upgrade. I think it should vanish alltogether when you switch. *shrug*

6: I really hope the Omni advantages will develop alongside the Clan ones.
    Thanks for this island of sanity.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Re: Clan Advantage

I flame because I care, and because I want to better Anarchy Online.

What the hell is the point of posting when the Officials never read them?
    Sorry Zeth was a bit tired lately and didn't saw your sig. I won't bother try to discuss anything more with you.

Hope you have a clue.

Re: Re: Clan Advantage

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Sorry Zeth was a bit tired lately and didn't saw your sig. I won't bother try to discuss anything more with you.

Hope you have a clue.
    Why Gummi? Are you an Anarchy Online Official? Have you seen ANY responce from an Official throughout this 110+ post thread?
    Didn't think so.

Now, this is REALLY off topic. Just ignore it if you want to.

Gummizluv:
    Heh, thanks for that one.

Zeth:
    If you want a reponse, go write down the important stuff off this thread into a mail. Then mail that to feedback@anarchy-online.com. I can even do it myself if you want to.

You will get a responce about it. I have done this with other things. I've learned one thing: The boards are, and has always been, for player to player discussions.

And there is a big difference between pointing out people's misstakes and flaming them. I think you should reconsider which one of these 2 things that you want to do.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Clan special abilities – Clan organisations will be able to choose certain skills in which all members of the organisation receive a buff.
    From the official site.

End of the story ?
    Just implementing what was never active ?

Mmmmmh... below average : can do better.
    Lot better.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast