Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: >> CLAN's advantage <<

Re: Re: >> CLAN's advantage <<

Originally posted by Cosmik

Ok guys, this is what we have planned. Clan bonuses will be given as available advantages for organisations. There should be a good selection of these bonuses. Omni-Tek organistaions on the other hand will have very few or no advantages available. At the moment there is no ETA as it's still making its way through the normal processes, but it is indeed coming.

I'll forward the suggestions you guys have supplied here as well. There's always room for good suggestions. I'm sure you'll have a few words to say about the upcoming advantages (now that I've reinforced what they are) so I look forward to your comments.
    Did some pencil pushing VP at Funcom have a gun to your head forcing you to type that?

Cosmik, shame on you for feeding us that crap.

That is the *******SAME******* statement we've been hearing for over a YEAR NOW.

During this year, Omni has had their sweet gear and cheaper prices all along (and guess what folks, money matters). Omni Pol and Omni Pol elite are not only GREAT armor, but they are the COOLEST LOOKING armor in the game. Graft and Organic armor look like vomit.

You already have 1 skill bonus that works. What the hell is the problem with making the same object for all the other skills? Just copy the item and change the skill..... DUH.

Stop telling us what is being planned and make it happen. This was promised in the MANUAL. It was supposed to be available at release.

You keep saying "this is what we plan" but it has been TOO LONG.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Re: Re: Clan Advantage

Originally posted by Shub
    Okay, your org advantage is the ability to have funky colors. It's just as useful as our "economic advantage"
    Wrong.

Omni Pol and Omni Pol elite armor *ALONE* are a huge advantage.

Not only are they great armor, but they look BAD A$$!

And in AO, money makes a big difference. Getting all those nanos, cars, armor, weapons, etc. cheaper means you can upgrade more frequently, get faster transportation sooner, etc.

Don't pretend you don't have advantages. Humongous advantage? No. But it is an advantage nontheless.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

i'll take a 1% xp bonus for clans. almost completely useless and unnoticeable, but would give us stinkin' clanners a warm fuzzy.

You wanna look badass, get some Kevlar. Nuff said.

Actually, getting everything cheaper means you can level faster. Although it's the same thing in the end. And don't forget that you can use our map terminals anyway.

1% exp bonus sounds good.

Originally posted by Zylina
    Of course, just maybe you're not suppose to have an advantage of being a clanner. Maybe you're a clanner because you believe in your fight for freedom and a democratic government. Not because you might get +1 to body dev at somepoint down the line. Let's face it. You're the rebels. Many of you are sons and daughters of ex Omni employees who decided to...rebel.

Of course, you might not give a damn about the rp aspect of the game. To you this game is a bigger version of Starcraft. Stop worrying about what the other people have. Look at what you have and make the best of it. There seems to be an awefull lot of clanners that do just that. And do just fine without a coded 'clan advantage'.
    I agree with this 100%. The obvious clan advantage is our freedom to choose. The Omni disadvantage is their lack of freedom. However, Omni has no lack of freedom. The only thing that reminds them they're even a part of some cohesive whole is the messages in the city and the occasional Omni-Tek logo on the shirt of a lowbie.

The goal in implementing advantages and disadvatages is to promote role-playing by making the differences behind the sides noticeable. I've been playing since the beginning and have only seen a deterioration of the "conflict" to practically nothing. There was more Omni/Clan rivalry while the Amnesty was in effect than there has been in months since it was taken away. It's gone from guilds kicking members who were found teaming with the other side to members of Div 9, arguably one of the most story/rp oriented guilds, regularly teaming with clanners without a second thought. The "conflict" is a joke, and implementing real, in game reflections of the side you choose would be a great first step in restoring the atmosphere to this game.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I hear Omni-Tek players making statements about the RP aspect of advantages, and they sound good. Well, I guess anyone would agree that if you are a part of a huge corporation like Omni-Tek, then that corporation would offer it's employees advantages that a rag-tag rebel force could not enjoy. Common sense huh?

Well, it falls short in the game. As you play this game, what restrictions is Omni put under? None! Playing the game as an Omni character...... you are free to do whatever your heart desires. For all intents and purposes Omni players are exactly the same as Clan, acept Omni players will always have more money, incredibly better hunting spots, and cool music.

In the game, Omni-tek never asks anything from your Omni character, never puts restrictions on your movements (you are allowed to go where ever you please), requires you to pay no taxes....ever, you have no uniform or item mandates from Omni-Tek, you can switch sides to clan with no questions asked if you switch back, you can gank fellow OTs in ther arena or 0% zones, kill Omni guards, switch sides back/fourth, use illegal equipment etc... etc... etc...

If you ask me, there is complete and utter anarchy in Omni-Tek, they are no different from clan.....as far as the characters are concerned. So you cannot try to justify the advantages for Omni from a RP aspect, because the Omni players are doing exactly the same as clan.

That being said, why are there money and spawn area advantages for Omni? Why are they given these advantages and never any disadvatages to counter them with? The peeps at FC have been giving out new items that are clan only, and mirror these for omni, but they have never balanced the initial Omni advantages.

There should be Omni only laws or restrictions imposed BY Omni-Tek on Omni palyers, or they should face dire consequences. Hell, the Omni guards kill clan peeps for daring to be free clansman.

This thread should be completely 180 degrees around. The Omni players should be crying about clan advantages, and we clanners would say "We are free to do what we want to, we don't have Omni-Tek looking over our shoulder telling us how to live our lives." But instaed, we have OT players that are running around carefree, completely uncontrolled by Omni-Tek, and they have the advantages, without any oppressive contols exerted by Omni-Tek what so ever.

Kwangju, I wub your post
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Originally posted by Luxxan

It's gone from guilds kicking members who were found teaming with the other side to members of Div 9, arguably one of the most story/rp oriented guilds, regularly teaming with clanners without a second thought.
    The problem is that despite certain people thinking that AO has an increasing subscription base, they're wrong. It's very very very hard many times of the day to fill a six man team with only omni or clan. Personaly, I feel that it should have been coded so teaming between sides just couldn't be done.

Money being kind of a joke for most people in this game, I don't think any advantage centering around credits is going to do anything. So I thought perhaps an advantage that requires you to stand up for being clan (or omni) would be better. For instance, an all clan team could gain bonuses to their evades or something. An all omni team could get automatic team level 2 or 3. Or anything really. Things along this line would give either sided characters 'advantages' but better yet, would require characters to actually act like a clanner or omni employee to benifit from. ie: not teaming with the enemy.

Sorry folks i have to say it.. don't wine about things that don't exist ! let's see what come and then cry out load !

I personally don't care if clans get skill boni or not, all who want can switch side then. I'am Omni.....

Re: Re: Re: Clan Advantage

Originally posted by Cindrax

Wrong.

Omni Pol and Omni Pol elite armor *ALONE* are a huge advantage.

Not only are they great armor, but they look BAD A$$!

The fact that you can change from clan to omni, buy omni-only armor, and then return to clan still wearing omni-only armor makes this a moot point.

When the clan org advatages are implemented this should be rectified ... if you aren't of omni faction, your omni only armor/weaps should fall off.
    Same goes for any omni wearing clan only items.

Lightbulb

Clan Advantages: Basic non-guild advantages plus Guild advantages.

Omni Advantages: still the same but boost AC and weapons so they are actually a good choice ingame, maybe rank 2nd or third to rare items. Also make it so Clans can't wear omni armor what so ever, like when they put it on it over equips 100% because wrong faction.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

So cosmik is telling us about clan advantages being added on december 5th or 6th, it is July 31st and still none have been added. Er, the 1h blunt and no atrox allowed is still there, though.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Clan Advantage

Originally posted by Wambly

The fact that you can change from clan to omni, buy omni-only armor, and then return to clan still wearing omni-only armor makes this a moot point.

When the clan org advatages are implemented this should be rectified ... if you aren't of omni faction, your omni only armor/weaps should fall off.
    Same goes for any omni wearing clan only items.
    Ahh! So THAT is why i saw an omni wearing Khealar(spelling?) sleeves...
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

You know what ?

This thread was sticky once...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Clans should have no bonus what so ever. Total BS! OT do not have better gear. About all we have better then clans are the OT rings. Sure we have OP armor but it is not overpowering. You have nominal increses in cost to save and cost to buy from shop but after level 100 you hardly ever use shops at all. Saving is done less then once a level so no biggie on that. If you guys get an advantage I want advantage too!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Agreed, the clans should have no advantage, if you want to be an clanner then be an clanner because you belive in what they fight for, and accept that OT has better equipment, more manpower and are richer.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

We're not really taking polls here, and certainly not in a such unconstructive ways.

It was planned to have advantages for both sides.
    Yes I do forget about neutrals, their inner advantage being able to move freely around, even if not being able to shop / scan.

Cz, how's the planning of this thing coming ?
    Is it still in the Dev's Team mind ?
    Something happening in Shadowlands maybe ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Originally posted by Oldskule / Ternak
    Clans should have no bonus what so ever. Total BS! OT do not have better gear. About all we have better then clans are the OT rings. Sure we have OP armor but it is not overpowering. You have nominal increses in cost to save and cost to buy from shop but after level 100 you hardly ever use shops at all. Saving is done less then once a level so no biggie on that. If you guys get an advantage I want advantage too!
    And omnis with similar comp lit get 33% more for all loot sold to stores?? thats a nice fat advantage for new players right there and a decent one for a vet who doesn't like swaping his junk to his level 25 trader twink

Honestly if i were omni i would be atleast 100mil richer right now if not more from that bonus alone so don't try and tell me that its not a big deal.

Its time clans get the bonuses that are due for us.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by Intrepid

And omnis with similar comp lit get 33% more for all loot sold to stores?? thats a nice fat advantage for new players right there and a decent one for a vet who doesn't like swaping his junk to his level 25 trader twink

Honestly if i were omni i would be atleast 100mil richer right now if not more from that bonus alone so don't try and tell me that its not a big deal.

Its time clans get the bonuses that are due for us.
    How about a nice big muzzle?

Class specific?

Errr...how about just making tons of stuff "illegal", and forcing Fixers and Traders to set up some sort of illegal black market for Omnis who want that "stuff"?

Ya know, Fixers are supposed to be criminals...there's never been a good "Fixer" in all of literature.

I'd say the ease of getting black market items would be an advantage to Clanners. Of course, this is only if black market items are worth using...how about First Aid stims that do 50% more healing, at the cost of a -20 Run Speed due to muscle cramps or something? I'd use that. Or say a stim that boosts all Melee abilities by 50, but decrease all Nano abilities by 100?

Ya know, little things that could just change gameplay and gives more choice to the players.

Peace,
    Souldoctah

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast