Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: >> CLAN's advantage <<

Hmmm.... well, as one person stated, after all that exposure to notum, like the Fremen on Dune, we would start to change... perhaps grow a third arm?

"Triple-wield anyone?"

Lol!!!

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    Clans can't get unrealistic bonuses like +XP% or additions to your skills..

What the hell are you smoking?

Then omni players will never be as good as the clanners and no one will play omni.

Omnis only advantage is supposedly better stores, but anyone can make a level 1 omni mule and buy equipment for them.

No. The clanners need something trivial and non stat related to their bonus... such as cooler guild houses, or better closer/better hunting grounds.
    Actually nutie npcs as well as clanner npc have less hp//hit softer than OT ones(i think this is a bounus for omnis)
    This means in affect omnis already get a xp bounus also if you play as omni the loots are better and you get better prices in stores selling as well as buying.
    I dont think playing as a clanner or a nutie should be as easy as playing as an omni scumbag
    And i fully agree that if clan gets some sort of bonus it should be trivial and or omni should be able to tap into it somewhat as well.

CLANS WITH AN XP BONUS!!! TALK ABOUT UNBALANCING. I DONT CARE IF ITS 1, 2, or 3%! Well maybe 1%

What a joke.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by newarival
    [B]

Actually nutie npcs as well as clanner npc have less hp//hit softer than OT ones

*Laugh* Where did you come up with this one?

And dont tell us Omnis have the best armor in the game. Flowers Tech? Waiit? Nano?? Im not even going to go into the Special armorss that are available to everyone but hard to get...

Angry Balance

Ok let me get this out first. I Am a clanner, I have always been a clanner and I will not change, I won't make a "mule" omni character, I play the game like I belive it was intended. It seems to me that both clanners and omni alike are crying for an advantage. Omni think that clans should not have any advangtage, while clanners think that we should get one. This is supposed to be a ROLE PLAYING GAME!! You make a character and play a role, that is why you choose your side, not on the advantages that you have. Yes, clans should finally ge their caln advantage, it was advertised, and how many omni players knew about it? Well if you read your manual, it was in there. But yet you chose Omni still, why because you wanted to ROLE PLAY an omni character. Basically what I am saying is that both sides should have seperate advantages in different areas, that is how you achieve balance. How many people complain that engi's or mp's have pets, and the enf doesn't? Come on people every one has strengths and weaknesses, that is what makes them individual. But wait there are alot of people out there who want to be uber in everything, IE deal the most damage, heal themselves at will, travel where they want to, make the best items, nuke and root, all in the same character. Last time I checked, I haven't seen any Clan only items, but please correct me if I Am wrong. I have seen omni only items, but I have not, nor do I intend to switch sides just to get them on. People quit worrying about who has what and concentrate on what you have. For instance my doc has all biomech armore, yes I could get better armor on that protects more, but I wanted all biomech becuase I feel that is what a doc should wear, it is sort of like a badge of station, everyone knows I am a doc just by looking at me. That is a part of ROLE PLAYING.

Nrse

Why just dont give the Clans a Clan only armor that has just the same stats as the Omni only ones...?

Clan advantages should deffinetly be linked to actually being in a clan, I mean seriously if you're a Clanner who's not actually in a clan then you're really just a neutral who dislikes Omnis and likes Clanners.

For clanner advantage I really like the bonuses to skills idea as was origonally intended (and they already kinda got it implimented for 1hb so it won't take anouther year or so as it would if they'd come up with some other advantage). However if that was given without actually giving the Omnis an advantage then everyone would just be clan as they would obviously be superior.

What I propose is the clanners get their pluses to skills (to be explained RP wise as their needing to be more self reliant and thus more skilled to survive) where as every single "best" item in the game in every single category should be Omni only. Omni-tech is an intergalatic corporation and they can't come up with new equipment that's better then what a bunch of low tech rebels can? Give me a break.

Also Omni stores should be stocked to the max, anything you want at any time should be available in an Omni store. That's the advantage of working for a uber corp. Also they should get their stuff cheaper. I think ALWAYS haveing superior gear to what the clanners have would balance out a few pluses in skills. But that's just my opinion.

Oh and as for "Hey I'm gonna go omni equp my uber stuff then go back clan" well how about every time you zone have it check to see if you meet the faction requirements for your stuff. If not it gets dumped in your inventory.

Anyways those are just my thoughts.
    Oren "Ironheel" Fadri
    Clan Enforcer

Well we are going toward the 10.000 readings, and yet ...
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

There is no Clan Advantage

Omni - Tons more places to hunt in, like every single Omni zone has good hunting, so more xp, and hunting is more fun then missions.

Omni - Get more money selling to shops, lie 50% more credits

Omni - Buy items for less at shops

Omni - Have implant/cluster shops stacked one floor on top of the other, to make finding the best implants... did I mention their clusters cost a lot less?

Omni - Can buy "Omni only" Med Suits right from a shop, to put in those cheap clusters they have so many of. Clan folks have to find them in a mission as a reward.

Omni - Have "Omni only" weapons and armor, not that they the best armor and weapons you can buy, but some people will switch sides just to get this armor, then switch back. Those Clanners also keep seeing these dang items as rewards and pick-up items in clan missions, go figure.

Clan - have no hunting spots to speak of in ANY Clan held zone, for characters aove level 30. This includes all of Athen, Tir, Greater Tir, Athen Shire, Aegean. All they have is Varmint Woods and the Borg in Avalon.

Clan - Pay more for items and get less for selling them.

There is no clan advantage. Don't give me that, "There are more clan then Omni" whine.
    Last edited by Kwangju; Mar 28th, 2002 at 18:19:41.

There should be a clan advantgae to fit the game

That all said, the clan advantage........... hmmmm..........

Think about it as a RP game:

The Omni are fat dumb and happy with there uber armor weapons, and supposed righteousness. They are well protected and coddled by the all powerful Corporation.

They view the Calns as unorganized and poor. So it make sense that the clans are going to be honing their warrior skills, so they probably would have a slight advantage in battle skills. I can see the clans getting those plus to skills bonuses.

If the Omni have the best armor in the whole game" blah blah blah, then i can see the Omni slacking off a bit, not as prepared maybe as the clan.

Question Huh?

Nogood hunting spots in clan-held territories? I beg to differ. There are quite a few places clan members can (and I) hunt at above level 30. Shades and Vultures in G.T.C., Longest Road in Athens, Bot Mountain in Tir, The Scorpion Pit, anywhere in Avalon, Mort and Perpetual Wastelands (if you can avoid getting PKed on the way there); You just gotta go out there and look. It shouldn't just be dropped in your lap.
    Give me liberty, or give me a bronto-burger (or kill me)!

Whaddevah," We will pillage your women and sodomize your towns!" Corny"The wise-cracking slayer of many!"
    Yahmuddah "Yeah, yours! Whatchagonnadoooo?

black market

i've seen much talk of a "black market" well, i'm proud to say, as omni, i already run one. buying hard to find items (for clan) from omni stores and fencing them to clanners in nuetral cities (newland is a gold mine). the black market does exist, and for me it thrives. in a mere 2 hours spent in newland i made 1.5mill (at lvl 43) so i'm all for the black marker ;0

hunting

After struggling to lvl 50 with my clan character, i made an omni character and achieved the same lvl in half the time. Hunting as omni is much much better, you dont have to treck out to the middle of nowhere. varmint woods is a joke, there's not enough mobs, as omni you can jog out to NW or SW Mine (depending on lvl) and find more monsters then you can possibly kill by yourself. which of course means you have to group unless the stuff is mostly yellow and green for you. at lvl 50 at nw mine you can easily gain 3 levels in an hour, with a well built group. long live omni.

Go Omni my friend and see

UOTE]Originally posted by Whaddevah
    Nogood hunting spots in clan-held territories? I beg to differ. There are quite a few places clan members can (and I) hunt at above level 30. Shades and Vultures in G.T.C., Longest Road in Athens, Bot Mountain in Tir, The Scorpion Pit, anywhere in Avalon, Mort and Perpetual Wastelands (if you can avoid getting PKed on the way there); You just gotta go out there and look. It shouldn't just be dropped in your lap. [/QUOTE]

I have been to the vultures in Aegean, they spawn slow, and one team can own all the hunting in Aegean, because it's only those few vultures at The Tooth in all of Aegean. If there are two teams hunting in aegean then it's one team too many.

Bot Mountain in GTC? (Greater Tir County) If you try to assemble a team of lvl 30+ guys to hunt Bot Mountain, they will laugh at you. The scorpians, yeah one team of lvl 30 guys can hunt that, they are mostly green to level 30 characters, but they spawn ok.

The Shades in GTC, they are a joke, compare theses shades of GTC, to the ones in Omni areas and you will see how pathetic the Clan shades are. Slow spawns and few in number. Up to four teams can hunt the Omni shades, one team gets bored in GTC.

Avalon, there is the factory, but a team of 3-4 can own that place, and then sit around waiting for the respawns, they are very slow. Avalon has no hunting areas, there are a few monsters roaming around. (Borgs are not a hunt area) If you do find 4-5 grouped vultures there, then only one team could hunt them, and then be forced to move on becasue of the 5-10 minute spawn rate.

Get any level 40 Clanner, and look for a place to hunt. Clanners are so screwed they sit at a bridge in VW (Varmint Woods), and hunt two Hardened Bullies. Clanners and Neutrals go to VW and then clanners do missions. VW is not clan, but it's close to NL, and easy to get to for clan or OT.

You have obviously not played an Omni tech character and hunted in Omni held zones. I have seen both ends of the stick, and as an OT you can hunt in Omni areas, even multiple teams can hunt in the same place, all the way up to level 80.

Make an Omni character and start hunting my friend, once you see how fast you can level hunting in the great outdoors in Omni lands, you will see what I mean.

If you want to go back being a clanner after level 80ish, go for it. But do not try to compare your pathetic clan hunting spots *I laugh* to the great hunting in Omni lands.

Once again, there is no, none, zero noda clan advantage, except that there are more of you clanners then Omni palyers. But that in itself is not a game advantage, it's just a look at the numbers.

This thread started on December 5th, 2001. Has anything been done since then?

Originally posted by Garr1
    This thread started on December 5th, 2001. Has anything been done since then?
    Is this even in an "envisioned" somewhere?

Exclamation

Instead of doing anything really stupid like unbalancing the game (more IP? are you on crack? good god) give the clanners the org advantage bonuses. But make it a 'free' expertise buff, not a new buff. Set it to 0 ncu cost (or 1 ncu for 'all' guild benefits, and cap the number of benefits allowed, or let players choose up to 5 benefits per char, etc) and be done with it. It would help lower levels the most...which is exactly what the omni bonuses do. Sorry but anyone who is on their 3rd char or above 100 could give a rats @ss bout uber cool atrox armor and measly credit discounts. Money? whats that? oh that stuff that flows like water in my lower right corner?

I'd trade all that sh1t for more IP or xp in 0.0002 seconds, many many many people would too...omni would be a ghost RP-only faction. We already have one of those...its called neutral.

Elite is boring...go flowers You want to wear a ql200 primus coat Mr tank (unless you have a 'dress complex') might as well wear ql200 str/agi armor. Stigmas are weak anyways. Wear primus helm if you can't stand butt-ugly flowers helm. Low chem ac is BAD. Biomech/Flowers beat Elite/Nano any day if you can wear them. (PS fix biomech treat/aid bonuses please White pol is better than black pol in all honesty. The big 3 mob damage types are melee, proj and chem. Only a few dungeon mobs hit for anything else (usually the quality of your team is what keeps you alive in dungeons, not 20 less fire damage) I can't even remember ever a mission mob hitting me for non-nano damage that wasn't one of those 3. Add energy AC and you've covered 98% of pvp damage too. The rest you can laugh at because its so damn low.

Oh yeah sometimes I see rad dmg...from those floating bag of sh1t mobs...they have very high minimum dmg anyways.

Wink There are other hunt spots.

Defildae, have you ever tried hunting out on Longest Road? A little near the end is Dead Forest. The shades there are lvl 70-85 easy. And if that's not enough, there are the Bileswarm Drones, Workers and Defenders that are a deep, ugly red to my lvl 85 character. That should keep people happy!
    Give me liberty, or give me a bronto-burger (or kill me)!

Whaddevah," We will pillage your women and sodomize your towns!" Corny"The wise-cracking slayer of many!"
    Yahmuddah "Yeah, yours! Whatchagonnadoooo?

Re: Re: >> CLAN's advantage <<

Originally posted by Cosmik

Ok guys, this is what we have planned. Clan bonuses will be given as available advantages for organisations. There should be a good selection of these bonuses. Omni-Tek organistaions on the other hand will have very few or no advantages available. At the moment there is no ETA as it's still making its way through the normal processes, but it is indeed coming.
    WAHOO!! After restarting this thread several times in different areas of the boards, it has made it to a sticky thread. Nice to read that something is in the works. Now if we just had an idea of what patch it will come out in.....14.8....15.1.....200243.9?

Re: Re: Re: >> CLAN's advantage <<

Originally posted by DOC against PVP

WAHOO!! After restarting this thread several times in different areas of the boards, it has made it to a sticky thread. Nice to read that something is in the works. Now if we just had an idea of what patch it will come out in.....14.8....15.1.....200243.9?
    Ahahahahaha... it's been sticky for ages now.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast