Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Guards of Rubi-Ka

Yes, back to the main discussion: WE NEED BETTER GUARDS!
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Perhaps it's time we neuts reciprocated the help that Phillip Ross gave us to get the Newland militia up and running; I'm guessing we got them outfitted with JAME weaponry becuase of the special relationship JAME has with us neuts.

I think it's time someone with some influence spoke to the directors of JAME and asked them to sell some of their state of the art weaponry (I'm thinking Blasters and JCGPP's) to Omni-pol for city defense, i mean what are the supremes using atm, Westinghouse's? those things are so slow they are a joke.

And as for armor, again omni-pol just aint cutting it, they need upgraded Jobe suits, preferably to chosen level. Ok, i'm not expecting IPS to hand tier 3 to Boss ross on a plate but if Ross sets a division or two of OTAF to gathering the components needed i'm guessing omni-1 could have a whole department outfitted with chosen armor by the end of the year

*edit* corrected grammar and added armor suggestion
    Last edited by Jesharet; Jul 7th, 2004 at 11:36:23.
    Neutral Adventurer of RK2

Squad commander of Underworld

Achiever 60%
    Explorer 60%
    Socializer 53%
    Killer 26%

Ok, OMNI GUARDS AREN'T THE ONLY SUBJECT, we are comparing them to Clan Guards, 2 days ago i was walking through tir, and apparently all the guards were taking a brake because all the Guards were swimming in the pond

Ok, OMNI GUARDS AREN'T THE ONLY SUBJECT, we are comparing them to Clan Guards, 2 days ago i was walking through tir, and apparently all the guards were taking a break because all the Guards were swimming in the pond

guards

Ok, OMNI GUARDS AREN'T THE ONLY SUBJECT, we are comparing them to Clan Guards, 2 days ago i was walking through tir, and apparently all the guards were taking a break because all the Guards were swimming in the pond

That would be a most interesting idea Jesharet. Especially in light of the growing Clan hostilities trying to terrorize the civilian population into being 'freed'. (Where is the Clanner logic of killing someone to free them?) We must find a way to make the Clans accountable for their illegal actions.

The Council of Truth have dragged their feet on the matter of accountability for rogue/terrorist Clans like the Dust Brigade for long enough. By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth are guranteeing an outcome of war.

Administrator Houston out.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

The reformed Council of Truth is, by their own admission, not a government of the clans but rather a discussion group. I wouldn’t expect any rapid response from them in regards to sanctions against rogue clans. Though, both chambers did release a statement claiming their non-involvement in the Dust Brigade, but I don’t believe the statement was published anywhere else than their internal gridsite (notwithstanding member clans gridsites, of course). I’m sure if I’m wrong, someone will correct me.

However, Omni-Tek city guards do need an upgrade in hardware. Weaponry would probably be the easiest to upgrade, and I doubt it would be difficult to issue tank armor to our guards, given the arrival of neutral suppliers on Rubi-Ka in the past few years. Any small improvement would be preferable to the current state of affairs.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Thumbs up YES!

Omni-Tek guards are wimpy to the extreme!! Please give them proper training and give them slayer driods and Hellhound mech dogs of top quality to patrol with! Beefed up ones.

So I as a citizen of Omni Entertainment can live with the security knowing that I wont be harassed by the terrorist clans.

That is unfortunately so very true Slades. Omni guards are in a dire need of better equipment. As it is now you can never feel safe in our cities.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Stikkogslakt
    I can't say anything but I agree. I have even heard roumers that there is an Alien Invasion coming up.
    Alien Invasion? What madness is this? For more than 30,000 years humanity has evolved and explored this galaxy, and the only things remotely alien are those created by genetic manipulation. Perhaps you're confused by the hordes of mutants that continue to plague Rubi-Ka's wilderness, or metaphysical manifestations of Meta-Physicists and the Shadowlands. Aliens...heh. How ridiculous.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Omni-Tek should learn from the various departments who defend notum mining operations. Limiting your force to professional Soldiers is not adequate. Soldiers are not the only combaters on this planet, and an assault rifle is not always the best option for dealing with the threats Rubi-Ka presents. Even a person of the wilderness such as myself can see that increased protection is needed not only in Omni-Tek’s great cities, but in nearly every OT outpost across Rubi-Ka. Armor alone is not enough though Jesharet…I do my best work when I assume the form of a native wolf, sabretooth, pit lizard, and even the ever popular Leet.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Peace and not better guards what are realy needed on this world! Im a claner. I do killed omni guards! Yes they are weak! And yes im proud of the Vanguard! They are doing a good jobe! Some time ago i read a post by an omni employe where he calles us peaseants! So what that is a job to!
    Blood and Bullets! Yeah! Die stupid enf! OH ****! my gun is jammed! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... (dead)

All our outposts need upgrades true. I'd suggest, along with the other big cities, Omni-Tek should upgrade the guards around the Notum Export Facility in Clon****. If anything, this facility is the most important one on the surface of the planet. As it is now, Omni-Mining will be relocating to a different HQ as soon as we can, due to security concerns.

I personally don't use my apartment in Omni-1 any more for fear of another bomb going off, or some random bullets going through the wall from one of the neverending clan attacks.

Also, what the heck is that cruiser above Omni-Entertainment doing? Playing tag with reets and chirops? That thing needs some ground strike capability.

My suggestions:
    Upgrade the Omni-Pol guards with better weapons. Hellspinner guns would be effective I think.
    Give the guards some sort of nanotech backup. A fixer, nanotechnician or a doctor can go a long way in help defending an area.
    Upgrade the armor. Assault and infantry armor from the shadowlands could be useful. Or perhaps give them the armor that the Unicorn Company likes to wave around.
    Increase the units. Turrets, big black assault droids, and maybe a scaled down Juggernaut or two for inside Omni-1. Full sized Juggernauts for the Clon**** mines and other critical areas.

I honestly don't see why Omni-Tek, the largest Hyper-corporation in the universe, can't insure the safety against attacks on our home soil. It threatens the safety of our citizens, the useability of our equipment, and the bottom line of our business.
    -Samuel "Darkthought" Gaviglia, Board Member of Omni-Mining - Research & Development

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthought
    My suggestions:
    Upgrade the Omni-Pol guards with better weapons. Hellspinner guns would be effective I think.
    Give the guards some sort of nanotech backup. A fixer, nanotechnician or a doctor can go a long way in help defending an area.
    Upgrade the armor. Assault and infantry armor from the shadowlands could be useful. Or perhaps give them the armor that the Unicorn Company likes to wave around.
    Increase the units. Turrets, big black assault droids, and maybe a scaled down Juggernaut or two for inside Omni-1. Full sized Juggernauts for the Clon**** mines and other critical areas.
    I don't think Juggernauts would be required, nor worth the cost of building one of those (although it would be cool to watch it stampede the clanners... ^^ ). Turrets, Omni-Pol Peacekeepers (slayerdroids. You can see them in Omni-1 HQ) and Omni-Pol Supreme Guards should suffice (in large quantities at entry points ((With them warping back to those points after chasing someone)) )... for now anyway. No reason to get equipment from outside Omni-Tek just yet.
    Ward "Wisewise" Kenley.
    Enlightened Omni-Tek employee and pistolero in the proud service of Omni-Pol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisewise
    I don't think Juggernauts would be required, nor worth the cost of building one of those (although it would be cool to watch it stampede the clanners... ^^ ). Turrets, Omni-Pol Peacekeepers (slayerdroids. You can see them in Omni-1 HQ) and Omni-Pol Supreme Guards should suffice (in large quantities at entry points ((With them warping back to those points after chasing someone)) )... for now anyway. No reason to get equipment from outside Omni-Tek just yet.
    I disagree. Omni-Tek equipment does NOT suffice. I don't see any problems with the Unredeemed giving their allies back on RK some of their equipment. I'd think they'd see it as helping thier cause. Not to mention, a few Omni-Pol activities had them equipped with Hellspinners.
    -Samuel "Darkthought" Gaviglia, Board Member of Omni-Mining - Research & Development

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234