Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Guards of Rubi-Ka

We need better equipped guards to protect our civilians, whom we have defined now, from "outer" forces. Simple as that.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Trgeorge
    What's next? Calling claners animals? Something you breed only to be branded, hurdled toghether and sent to slaughterhouse?
    I don’t believe I said anything that warranted this response. You said you hadn’t hurt anyone. I pointed out that you had through your inaction. You implied we used child labor. I pointed out their status as dependants. You may have been offended by my comment about “victims mentality,” but the clans maintain that they are being oppressed despite recent gains in personal freedoms and self-government, territorial gains, and economic prosperity.

An elder of the clans made the comment about the lack of positive role models due to the effects of the last civil war, and I am just using his remarks.

Originally posted by Trgeorge
    I might (do) call Omnis brainwashed zombies but won't go so far too call anyone bad parent or not fit to have children....unless presented with evidence and particular case.
    While I don’t believe I’m a brainwashed zombie, I also do not call people unfit parents without evidence. On that point, we agree. You will note, please, that I have not made any statements regarding anyone’s fitness as a parent, or at least no statment any more specific then the generalizations were allready throwing about.
    Last edited by Marisha; Jul 1st, 2004 at 23:47:26.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

I don't fight for money. I don't fight for power. I fight because I believe in a better future for all of Rubi-Ka, for our children, for our childrens children. I fight because I am sick of people flaunting words like "freedom" and "liberty" as an excuse for their own corruption.

I am free. I have the power to decide for myself how I want my life to be lived. You say that Omni-Tek mistreats its workers? I say that my life with Omni is all I had ever hoped for, and more. I hold a well paying job at Omni-Sci, live in a roomy apartment in Rome, and I travel in a Yalmaha paid for by the company. But more importantly, I have friends. For them, I would throw away all of that, and when my friends are threatened it is not in my nature to stand idle.

It is said that after you are dead and gone, all that has mattered in your life are the people you have helped and influenced. I would hope that I am remembered, above all, as a good friend. I know that is is how I will remember many of those with whom I have lived, worked, and served. But what of the clans, who mindlessly slaughter all they see simply because it wears black with a white insignia? How will they be remembered? Or will they simply fade into dust?
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

I aggree with your viewpoint Anualken. That is why we must try our upmost to view the millitant Clanners with tolerance. They must not succeed in provoking our Omni-Tek leadership into a war that the millitant Clanners desprately seek.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I totally agree that the guards in Omni cities are underpowered.

Yesterday I was attempting to explore Pandemonium and happened to fall off the edge of one of the crumbling island when a ledge gave way beneath me. Lo and behold I wound up in Omni-HQ. Worried at first since I had just died and had not had a chance to recast my protection nanos, I headed immediately for the grid terminal.

Next thing I hear is "You made a big mistake coming here Gorehound!" and feel a plasma beam rip into my shoulder.

Needless to say I turned about and confronted the Omni-Pol Male Supreme. During the ensuing battle, 3 more Omni-Pol Supremes showed up.

Battle insued...and shortly there after I gridded out of Omni-HQ with 3 dead Omni-Pol Supreme's on the ground around me.

<snickers> Omni-Pol Supreme? I haven't seen guns as antiquidated as those since Jobe opened up the Shadowlands over a year ago. For a hyper-corporation, you're doing a sluggish job with the gear. Good work!
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-11-07 04:09:22
    It will remain playable until : 2004-12-06 15:13:07

Its nice to see even people from accross the fences recognice and supports Omni Tek`s need for better equipped guards and protection. Some we have seen on this topic supports us in our comparing with other cities guards while others tells us exactly why we should as quickly and efficient as possible uppgrade them.

It had become a trend to kill a guard in certain circles and bragging about it later on. This sickening vandalism and murder must be countered.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Attacks

although i admit that we do invade omni cities, we have our reasons, people of omni are coming into cities such as old athens,as long as you have shadowlands the omni are easily attacking our guards, the low levels in the subway, and people just doing nothing

Guards

Increasing the guards abilities will do nothing, it'll just make more clans come to attack harder

Originally posted by Naefen

2. Let him run around and make a fool out of himself.( If he seemed harmless and confused.)

Sounds like many people saw the 2nd in you. Shame really.... I would have shot you on sight.
    I was not running around and making a fool out of myself.
    I was walking around asking Omni-Tek employees what they thought about their guards and their defence system.
    I asked them also what they thought about a Clanner stroling around their cities.
    I was not confused at all if that is what your thinking. I was harmless yes...but as i said before, In the meantime being as harmless as I was, I could have been planning the worst attack on Omni-Entertainment district in the history.
    This is one of the main reasons we try not to let any Omni-Tek employees into our towns.
    (I think its also one of the reasons Simon Silverstone doesn't let Neutrals into Tir, because some of them have connections with organisations within Omni-Tek, although you shouldnt misunderstand me, I do not agree on Silverstones thoughts about the Neutrals -dont make any assumptions yet-)

Originally posted by Anualken

"I am free. I have the power to decide for myself how I want my life to be lived."
    Yes as long as you "Dont Bleed!", "Be Silent!" and do everything else Omni-Tek tells you your pretty free... *nods*

Originally posted by Anualken

"I don't fight for money. I don't fight for power. I fight because I believe in a better future for all of Rubi-Ka, for our children, for our childrens children. I fight because I am sick of people flaunting words like "freedom" and "liberty" as an excuse for their own corruption."."
    Has it ever occured to you that you who are fighting are also seen as someone that "mindlessly slaughter all he sees" to clanners?

Its true, there are people from BOTH sides saying that they fight for freedom or liberty or what not since we all know this fight is ongoing for either the Notum or for revenge.

ps. "I fight because i blieve in a better future for all of Rubi-Ka, for our children, for our childrens children."

Gee i wish i had a rolemodel like you showing me all the fine things of fighting...that will give me one heck of a good future dont ya think? *smiles* (and you see a difference between that and what the clans have dealt with. the only rolemodels we have is people who fight...what do you expect we do? play marbles?)
    Last edited by Legaron; Jul 2nd, 2004 at 19:00:02.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

[EDIT- Delete this... wrong thread. I'm a forum gimp :P]
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Don't really understand why clanners believe their viewpoints really matter on this issue. Especially when they come attempting to argue and end up agreeing that we do, in fact, need better guards.

Legaron claims that innocent civilians are not murdered in Omni cities. I have seen civilians with security clearance as low as 6 walking the streets dispatched by clanners with a single bullet without provocation. ((Talking about NPC level 6s here)) Claiming that all clanners never kill innocents would be laughable if it weren't so sick. Can you say Dust Brigade? Come now, say it with me. It's not that hard. And don't tell me they aren't a clan. They are rebels. You are rebels. Just because you may not like each other doesn't change that.

Legaron calls us all brainwashed drones when he has done nothing but produce the same old clan tripe about freedom. Honestly, I'm drowning in minibull feces. I personally enjoy living as an Omni-Tek citizen (yes, citizen. Omni-Tek is a government). If your definition of "freedom" entails attempting to forcibly remove a government I am happy with, I do not want to be "freed" by you.

If the only rolemodels you have are those who excel at violence, I pity you. If you cannot elevate a person for achievements other than combat, you have a fairly backwards society.

You have no legal basis for attacking our guards, whereas we do for attacking yours. You do not hold a lease on this planet. We do. I don't know where you got the idea in your head that you deserve one "right" or another, but its pathetic. Who says you deserve a damn thing?

Originally posted by Josef
    Don't really understand why clanners believe their viewpoints really matter on this issue. Especially when they come attempting to argue and end up agreeing that we do, in fact, need better guards.

Legaron claims that innocent civilians are not murdered in Omni cities. I have seen civilians with security clearance as low as 6 walking the streets dispatched by clanners with a single bullet without provocation. ((Talking about NPC level 6s here)) Claiming that all clanners never kill innocents would be laughable if it weren't so sick. Can you say Dust Brigade? Come now, say it with me. It's not that hard. And don't tell me they aren't a clan. They are rebels. You are rebels. Just because you may not like each other doesn't change that.

Legaron calls us all brainwashed drones when he has done nothing but produce the same old clan tripe about freedom. Honestly, I'm drowning in minibull feces. I personally enjoy living as an Omni-Tek citizen (yes, citizen. Omni-Tek is a government). If your definition of "freedom" entails attempting to forcibly remove a government I am happy with, I do not want to be "freed" by you.

If the only rolemodels you have are those who excel at violence, I pity you. If you cannot elevate a person for achievements other than combat, you have a fairly backwards society.

You have no legal basis for attacking our guards, whereas we do for attacking yours. You do not hold a lease on this planet. We do. I don't know where you got the idea in your head that you deserve one "right" or another, but its pathetic. Who says you deserve a damn thing?
    I'm not even gonna reply...
    Spoken like a true omni.

*thumbs up*

ps. If youre so good at detecting that we are several different clans it comes to my amasement that you still speak of clans as one.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Originally posted by Legaron

I'm not even gonna reply...
    Spoken like a true omni.

*thumbs up*

ps. If youre so good at detecting that we are several different clans it comes to my amasement that you still speak of clans as one.
    Riiiight... so... instead of, you know, actually thinking and coming up with an intelligent reply, you fall back on a variation of the brainwash argument.

Ah well. I suppose I expected this anyway.

And yes, you are several different clans. But you are all criminals.

Originally posted by Josef

Riiiight... so... instead of, you know, actually thinking and coming up with an intelligent reply, you fall back on a variation of the brainwash argument.

Ah well. I suppose I expected this anyway.

And yes, you are several different clans. But you are all criminals.
    The reason i chose to not reply was because you said i called you brainwashed blablabla wich i didnt.
    It seems that a lot of people presume that i think that way because others before me have done so.

I could have replied to a lot of the things you said, but its just that you speak a lot of nonsence that i chose to ignore.

Calling us all Criminals is a very strong accusation and its people like you who keep us Clanners vigilant.
    Its people like you who get us angered enough to start attacks on you.
    It bothers me that there are some of you Omni-Teks that talk about peace when there are others who challenge us. Does that mean that some of the most respected Omni-Tek employees are willing to sign peace with Criminals? hmmm...
    And i dont mean a direct challenge, but calling us things that not all of us are is seen by me as a challenge.
    As long as I am seen as a criminal in the eye of Omni-Tek employees than I will be one whatever my actions might be.

Im a criminal? pshh...not even close...
    But watch what you say, because sooner or later youll find that what you thought wasnt true but has realised eventually.
    Im not easily manipulated, but if you like to challenge me Im not a guy that will turn it off.

I'm not a criminal, not much of a treath and pretty calm for someone with my past.
    I work out and raise in strength so i can defend that what is dear to me.
    Im telling you now...

But if you wish to challenge me, and the switch turns around.
    Dont dare calling me a Mad Mindless killer because its you who challenged me.

Keeper of Assembly

Lightbulb

Id just like to say that if you dont have any constructive or helpful thought on this subject then why bother. First and foremost this is an Omni Tek problem.

Being a clanner I suggest you just sit back and have your time in the sun while you can.

No need to come in here and start a broad discussion about the whys and hows in this world is there?

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

The only thing I say about this matter is. The Clan are just plain mad, because they cant come to our Cities, and kill our guards without any effort. Thats a shame, I pitty you clan. Hmm, If I remember correctly, the Omni that kill the Low level Guards in Old Athen do it because well, I admit, because they can. You clanners kill our guards in our cities because YOU can. Too bad for the old school Male/Female Watchers. I feel sorry for them...not...Im sure Omni-Tek will be pleased for the new Equipment and better trained guards that Omni have been waiting for ever since Clan got the Vanguards. Dont forget, Omni are the "rich ones." We were supposed to have the better equipment, and guards and all that good stuff. Clan were first to get the better guards, in both of your cities, Athen, and Tir. So quit your whining clan...Omni is getting an upgrade!
    (its about freakin time!!!)
    Spearmajor: 203 Martial Artist
    Maclen008: 182 Agent
    Doublebigmac: 23 Enforcer
    Beckenbauer: 121 Keeper
    Lordmaclen: 90 Nano Technician
    Maclen: 40 Trader

First and foremost this is an Omni Tek problem.

Being a clanner I suggest you just sit back and have your time in the sun while you can.
    I suggest you read the name of the Topic.

"The Guards of Rubi-Ka" (i dont see Omni-Tek there pall..)

Next to that Ive said before that i did investigate the guards of Rubi-ka. So inconstructive as it may seem to you, I have tried to see what the problem is and come with a solution or some help.

Its actually you who should be out there protecting your cities instead of waisting your time here debating on wether i should be discussing on this topic or not...

No need to come in here and start a broad discussion about the whys and hows in this world is there?
    I thought this topic was about "why there is such a big ruckus about the guards in the "world" and "how" we can fix it. wasnt it?

Keeper of Assembly

Spearmajor as said before....don't mistake representatives of older Clans for guards. We don't have anything like Omni-Pol commander Juggernauts.......yet.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

ok, im not much of a rper so bear with me.

The main concern for me is Omni-Ent, this is where theres a infestation of clanners nearly 24/7. A lvl90 can easily take out two of our guards in Omni-ent, and more than often theres atleast 3 or 4 clanners on average in our city.

I would like to see NEW guards that are able to actually "Guard" the citzens of Omni-ent, whether that be to better equip stronger guards or a series of "elite" slayerdroids, something must be done about the clanners who have little trouble getting into our city and killing citzens. Since the guards cant do their job who else left to defend except the citizens?
    Last edited by Twisted; Jul 4th, 2004 at 04:11:34.

I would reccommend the placement of a new line of guard turret. The cannon designs based on the Galac-Tek WF model are outdated and obsolete. This includes the Galac-Tek WF Mk X line, the Carte Blanche line, and any various modifications thereof. I would strongly approve the use of some of the new forms of stationary defense currently being developed on Omni-Prime. This is not just in the face of recent clanner attacks, but also due to the rumors of Omni-Tek ships picking up strange objects headed toward Rubi-Ka from an uncharted point in space. While I am not saying that any type of invasion by an alien race is on the horizon, it would serve to reassure our citizens that Omni-Tek is doing it's utmost to ensure their safety.

In light of recent Dust Brigade raids, I would also suggest that at least a reinforced armored division, possibly the 263rd Juggernaut division, be re-activated and taken out of cold storage to provide perimeter security for our cities and long-range patrols to find and eliminate any threat to our territory.

In addition, I STRONGLY urge increased training of our soldiers and the issuing of newer and better weapons and armor, for both our safety and theirs. In addition to this, more guards should patrol our streets to protect our citizens in their homes, places of work, and any other areas they may frequent.

Finally, as a precautionary measure, Whom-Pah exits and Grid access points should have their security forces tripled to prevent raids in broad daylight using our own systems against us.

Thank you for your concern,
    Anualken, Omni-Tek Scientific Research and Development, Section 42.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast