Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Guards of Rubi-Ka

The Guards of Rubi-Ka

The Guards of Rubi-Ka
    Reporter Jamior

(OTPC) -- June 28th -- The guards of two cities: Omni-1, and Athen. These guards are eternally vigilant, faithful, and ever present. They stand watch over all who enter these cities. But when it comes down to it, how well do they do their jobs?

In Omni-1's Entertainment district, I spoke with Lifethreat, from the Omni guild Unforgiven about her thoughts on the guards. She said that while the guards did their job, they did it "not too well. They are so poorly trained, that Clanners keep running into Omni-Entertainment to kill citizens and the guards themselves." Not only did Lifethreat think that Omni's guards where doing poorly, she thought that Vanguard in Athen does a better job of keeping the Clan cities safe. She pointed out that Omni guards could sometimes be found straying from their posts and going to obscure locations.

At the Bronto Burger in Omni-1, I asked my questions and was told by Bob "Martialtrox" Christ, from Sons of Odin, that they were "pathetic. Clanners can mesmerize them and take 'em out in less than half a minute." Ariarus "Asterion" Destructum, from Nemesii Reborn, said, "I don't think they are doing a good enough job...there is still a huge amount of Clanners that are able to make it here and kill many of the guards". Mi "Bloodyhands" Hurit broke in, saying "At times, there are more Clanners in Omni-Entertainment than Omnis! That's insane!"

And yet, while the Omni guards seem to be easily slain, many people agree, the Clan guards are hard to defeat. Ice "Firefoxmp" Mage, a member of First Order said "Clan guards are a pain to kill." When asked how they would increase the ability of the guards in Entertainment to protect the citizens, most said they would want much better training as well as a return of the slayerdroids and gun emplacements.

When I went to Old Athen I got a completely unanimous reply that the guards where doing just fine, and that Omni's guards were "wimps" -- as Carey "Luckie" Dorph, a General of Redemption put it. As I wandered about, I noticed that Old Athens did indeed have gun placements near the gates.

The distinct lack of ability for the guards in Omni-‘s Entertainment district is notably weak, while the guards in Old Athen do their job well. Omni citizens are more concerned about their guards getting killed, rather then worrying about the Clan presence in their city -- and, well, the Clan members in their city don’t care ether way.

Perhaps it is time to raise the standard of training for the Omni-1 guards. While the general employees do an admirable job of repelling Clan incursions, we should not be forced to depend on them when the guards prove not to be enough. A slayerdroid here, a gun emplacement there, and before long, the Clans will be forced back into the North.

Thumbs up Finally!

Yes, the Omni-Pol defenders within the Omni-Tek cities are in dire need of new equipment and additional training. I have done a tour of Rubi-Ka's five major cities (Omni-1, Rome, Newland, Athens, Tir) and have found that Omni-Tek's guards rank very much on the bottom half of the effectiveness scale.

Quote from Omni-Tek Security Report: April 20th 29478
    They were formidable for a time, but the new developments in weapons and armor in the past two and a half years means that our Omni-Pol troopers are now obsolete. The Sentinels’ guards in Tir are highly resistant to non-lethal nano programs, Newland City’s new militia formed from the Newland Guards Initiative are protected by Jobe manufactured armor developed with new technologies brought back from the Shadowlands. The most disturbing recent development however are the late Vanguard troops seen in Athens. A single Vanguard trooper from Athens is estimated to be capable and armed adequately enough to single handedly take an entire division of our city’s Omni-Pol by themselves. As if that was not enough, this is on top of Athens city’s stationary cannon upgrades about a year and a half ago.

We must train our Omni-Pol defenders and offer them improved equipment. The current situation is a critical security flaw that will have dire consequences as they are completely unable to defend our cities.
    It took 2 1/2 months from the date that this Memo was issued for Omni-Tek Press Corp to finally pick it up, but hopefully now that this has been braught to the public's attention something can be done about it.

To that end, I am offering my services to aid Omni-Tek in any way that is needed to help bring about the better guards. Fund raising, holding public rallies, research and development, you name it I can help or know someone that can.

Charles 'Kithrak' Houston
    Administrator, Omni-Admin

Additional information:

Slaughter in Omni-Entertainment June 26, 29478 - An eyewitness report.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Jun 29th, 2004 at 03:50:40.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Outrageous!

I stand in line behind Mr.Houston totally agreeing with him. Our citizens are not safe and measures needs to be takes as soon as possible. My concerns arent only for Clanners attacking us. There are far worse people, just barely, that could enter through our main gates.

Its just a sad statement of incompetence and I hope the ones resposible for this neglect to keep our heroic guards well equipped awakens and do theyre job properly now.

I also offer my full help getting this done. Ask, and thou shalt receive.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

"Our citizens are not safe and measures needs to be takes as soon as possible."

Dont be mistaken, to my knowledge there arent any of your citizens attacked by Clanners unless they have attacked them theirselfs.
    Any Clanner who has ever attacked Omni-Tek teritories has only attacked either the guards, the people who attack them or people who have attacked a Clanner or its tower in the near past.
    Never has there been an attack on an inicent bystander.
    Please do not make assumptions that are not true.

So you admit that clanners frequently visit Omni cities with the sole purpose of killing our guards? And as for clanners not coming to Omni-1 to attack our citizens, this is a bold-faced lie. Just the other day, I was walking to a mission in Omni-HQ when I was attacked by a clan agent IN MY OWN CITY!. I managed to get to the mission one shot from death, thankfully. One thing is for certain: this needs to be stopped. Are we not a hyper-corporation? I think we can do much better than this filthy group of peasants!

What we ought to do is train our guards to peak efficency, add more of them, give them guns that can actually kill people they shoot at half the time, and give them a major armor upgrade. I'm thinking spasmodic assault rifles and chosen soldier armor. On top of this, we should put gun emplacements on every approach to the city and organize Slayerdroid patrols. We need to ensure the security of our cities, the safety of our citizens, and the sanctity of the way of life these criminals are bent on destroying.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Just make sure you teach them how to tell clanners from neutrals.
    Some people seem to have trouble figuring that out
    Ike "Fikksit" Schatz - General of Desert Winds
    Sleep is for the weak

I can't say anything but I agree. I have even heard roumers that there is an Alien Invasion coming up. I would fear for my safty in an omni city if the rumors are ture and that the aliens come with new technology even more powerful than claners, omni, redeemed, and unredeemed cary today.

(Just a note though, street pvp is really just a high level game when the guards get to the level where a less skilled citesence (-150) can't do anything but hit attack before they get instat killed by the guard (4k crits from Vanguards) Because of the highly trained guards in clan cities I very very realy see pvp flagged people (lower level than 150 that is) as for in the omni cities I see low level characters flagged freaquently. It might just be something to think about before you power up the guards so much that low level citesence can't enjoy the same street pvp action aspect of the game as the other high level citesence can.)

And yes I'm one of those people who acctualy enjoy the street pvp as you might have figured ;p

Edit:

Borealis is also a city with low training standards for their guards. But then again, that is a city without to big a treath to fear.

Edit 2:

I would indeed feel alot safer with the Slayerdoids and the turrents back, and maybe even a Slayerdroid Commander or a Gunnerman to acompany them?
    Last edited by Stikkogslakt; Jun 30th, 2004 at 00:41:04.

Ok Legaron so you obviously think we have no reason to be upset because you "only" kill our guards.
    Heres a wake-up call for you: Omni Tek guards protecting our citys are citizens of Omni Tek. Thereby coming to us killing guards are infact not any less outrageous than coming to us killing civilians.

State of the art equipment needed fast for the brave ones protecting us at the cost of theyre lives every day.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

The guards are involved in an ongoing war. Its the war between Clan and Omni-Tek. They should expect to be attacked! That they cant handle the attacks is none of my bussiness and Im not talking about that.

Yes they are citizens of Omni-Tek...But they are still guards who are in the eyes of Clans seen as Enemies since they will attack you when you enter the city.

I never said you shouldnt be upset...I would be too. But actions speak louder than words. So instead of talking on here you could be defending your cities yourself or take actions and walk into Omni-Headquarters to discuss it with Philly.

"And as for clanners not coming to Omni-1 to attack our citizens, this is a bold-faced lie. Just the other day, I was walking to a mission in Omni-HQ when I was attacked by a clan agent IN MY OWN CITY!."

I hope you read my statement saying: "Any Clanner who has ever attacked Omni-Tek teritories has only attacked either the guards, the people who attack them or people who have attacked a Clanner or its tower in the near past."
    So either your facts are incorrect or you are bold-facedly lying.

[ooc: no offence but you had to be flagged (done some criminal action against clanners/neutrals/guards) or else you cant be attacked unless your in a PvP area...]

Actually, I have full understanding for clanners attacking Omni Guards and vice versa.After all,we are at war. Its your way of talking about the guards at first I just had to comment.

Are not the other Omni employees seen as enemies to the people attacking the Omni Guards? As you so informative tells us... "Theres a war between Clan and Omni Tek."
    I am a bit baffled that you suggest these clanners come kill our guards and have not thought the idea other employees will be offended. Thereby attacking them, a huge well prepared force, and themselfes be slain. I suggest you dont underestimate the average clanner to that degree. They knew what would happen.... They were there for Omni guard and Omni employee blood.

((Yes yes I undestand the flagg rules Lets just pretend those stars dont exist shall we...? I mean, I dont feel like those stars should be "evidence" in roleplay<---00c))
    Last edited by Naefen; Jun 30th, 2004 at 11:53:09.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Legaron
    "And as for clanners not coming to Omni-1 to attack our citizens, this is a bold-faced lie. Just the other day, I was walking to a mission in Omni-HQ when I was attacked by a clan agent IN MY OWN CITY!."

I hope you read my statement saying: "Any Clanner who has ever attacked Omni-Tek teritories has only attacked either the guards, the people who attack them or people who have attacked a Clanner or its tower in the near past."
    So either your facts are incorrect or you are bold-facedly lying.

[ooc: no offence but you had to be flagged (done some criminal action against clanners/neutrals/guards) or else you cant be attacked unless your in a PvP area...]
    (( He is not lying with what he said, you better check your own records. Omni-HQ is a PvP-Area with constant low gas, so you are able to attack the other faction without being flagged there. And Omni-HQ is beside Broken Shores a likely place to get missions for from Omni-citizens. ))
    Last edited by Khuri; Jun 30th, 2004 at 21:19:03.
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

[Never been to Omni-HQ so this is out of my knowledge.]

If your in Omni-HQ and you are attacked by a clanner than something must be very wrong in your deffence system...

[Being in a pvp area you should know the risks...]

Ofcourse people will not stand by and watch their city guards be killed. But Im talking about inocent bystanders. Not people who dont stand by and aid their guards.
    Those people become part of the ongoing war.

It comes to my attention that was never any bickering about Clanners attacking Omni-Tek teritories untill the clanners took some measurements and started protecting their cities better.
    Whatever happend to Omni-Tek protects? *grins*

Bogosorter tells you what the real crime is. Check it out:

Guards of the AO

Yeah, man. Dig it.

This is an internal Omni-Tek matter. Despite the selfish reasons given by the Clanners to keep them as they are giving Clan Terrorist continued access to terrorize our law abiding citizens within our cities shows how irresponsible they are claiming to fight for the freedom of Rubi-Ka yet be oppressing any groups(Neutrals included) they dislike at the same time.

We must hold the millitant Clanners terrorizing our cities responsible for their own actions. To that end, stronger guards will enforce that responsibility since the Clans auctually promote these terrorist activities with their continued denials.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

In a time of war it's nice to get good laugh from time to time. OTCP haven't failed me for that purpose. I know it's all propaganda...but seriusly Omni-Tek employees (what's this talk about citizens? Clans have citizens...Omni-tek pays wages) can't swallow comparisment of simple guards and one of grounding clans? Or can they? If I maybe missunderstod report and it was really guard vs guard....what can I say? Close bars and Entertainment altogether and get in shape guys. Some tactics lessons wouldn't be bad either.....last time when I visited Omni cities some ....er.....nice....engie casted reflect shields on me without me even asking. There's more to fighting as just pointing weapon in right direction and squezing trigger/vielding.

I can understand lack of interest since with Omni-tek there's always someone above you who can make plan/take blame. And after all what you guys have to fight for? Profit? It doesn't go into your pockets. Jobs? Plenty of coorporations aout there. Wages? With size of Omni-tek who can keep up whether you're doing your job or not...you get paid nonmatter what. Bribes? With superiors wanting their cut you probably don't get much. Best option would be you just get up , pack and go home.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Originally posted by Legaron
    I was wondering what it was about the guards in the omni-tek cities that the omni-tek employees were so worried about so i went to take a look.

If I were an Omni...i would be angry too.

Still I do not know what is going on...maybe theres just too few of you trying to do some good for your cities.

http://www.daplayazclub.com/uploads/Entertainment1.png

I went to Omni-Entertainment (see above) and confronted a Omni-Pol Nano-Tech and asked him what he thought about their defence system.
    He didnt say anything...matter of fact he mozed along in his Yalmaha as if I wasn't even there.
    When I asked other Omni-Tek employees they said: "To be honest, we don't care much about the Clanners..."
    Then I stumbled upon the Omni-Pol Nano-Tech again and knocked on the window of his Yalm to see if he would reply or still keep his silence.

The only thing he said to me was: "Legaron, Go home"

I might be mistaken, but if even Omni-Pol members do not do anything about a Clanner invading their cities then there isn't just something wrong about your Guards. Its also the mentality of your people.
    If I wanted to I could gather inteligence and set out a strategic attack to whipe out every single guard in Omni-Entertainment with a basic team of fellow clanners. Because...well...there wasn't really anyone paying attention to me in the first place.
    Not even when I let them know that I'm there...

And yes, the guards arent much to brag about either.
    Tests resulted their weakness.
    But It should be the well-armed people who should help the guards.
    When I see a clan guard being attacked I attack at sight and trust me, wether I die or not.
    I will not stand for any foes in my teritory.
    But thats just my mentality.

My advise:

Train your guards better.
    Teach your people about honor and pride, maybe then they will stop bickering and come to arms themselfs like we Clans did.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

trgeorge
    I would call a woman working in a clothing shop, getting payed from Omni Tek an Omni Tek employee. Every family man, every mother and child who lives off of Omni Tek paychecks are not a "soldier". Theyre civilians.
    Omni Tek isnt just about making guns and extracting Notum. Its a society. Its a community. For every Omni Tek employee you see with a gun, there are tens of Omni Tek without who needs protection. This is why we need the best protection there is.

Legaron
    If a filthy clanner were coming my way in one of our cities I would do one out of two things.
    1. Shoot him. (If he seemed like a threat to me and/or others)

2. Let him run around and make a fool out of himself.( If he seemed harmless and confused.)

Sounds like many people saw the 2nd in you. Shame really.... I would have shot you on sight.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Naefen I wouldn't call them soldier either. But when this seamstress, child or family man attacks another person just becouse that person ain't on same paycheck I'd call her/him aggressor and gun him/her down. On incident reported earlier I didn't harm single "citizen" altho attacked by several without any provocation.

And can ICC please look into child labour reported by Naefen?

Originally posted by Trgeorge
    On incident reported earlier I didn't harm single "citizen" altho attacked by several without any provocation.
    You had a reflect shield on, correct? You had entered a secured area. You had been challenged and failing to respond to that challenge you were being fired upon for entering a secured area. Some of the damage being done to you was being returned to the individuals engaging you. Sounds like harm to me.

Did you take efforts to turn the reflect shield off?

Originally posted by Trgeorge
    And can ICC please look into child labour reported by Naefen?
    I assume that you’re referring to the comment of “Children living off an Omni-Tek paycheck.” Actually, children are supported by their parents, who provide them with food, clothing, and shelter. The money used to provide these things comes from their parents’ paychecks. This is why they are called dependants.

I understand from elsewhere that Clanners tend to suffer from a lack of positive role models as children, leading to your victim mentality many seem to display, so perhaps you’ve never heard children being described as dependants, and know how they are supported and provided for.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Yes of course...stupid me of not thinking right. But as I always said we live and learn. Thank you for correcting my views Marisha...was utterly my fault that while being under attack and then gotten uncalled-for Omni buff I damaged property of Omni-tek. And let lords be praised that I have no dependants. In spirit of new info gotten I suggest all claners and neutrals (they don't have Omni-tek paycheck either) who at any time become parents are lead before wall and shoot.

/sacrasm off

What's next? Calling claners animals? Something you breed only to be branded, hurdled toghether and sent to slaughterhouse? Err..no wait...nm...that's......brontos. Both sides use propaganda. I might (do) call Omnis brainwashed zombies but won't go so far too call anyone bad parent or not fit to have children....unless presented with evidence and particular case.

But back on topic....this might be the very cause of Omni guard's poor performance. Propaganda. When facing opponents they believe are raging maniacs, who rather die as to run away ( hmmm...that's actually the case) they give up. After all, that wonderfull machinery called OT coorporation has new supply already on the way. And of course if you get your paycheck for working in a clothing shop a band of invading claners isn't your problem.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast