Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Guards of Rubi-Ka

As a lifelong neutral with at least one family member in omni-tek i can see a real problem here, Clans have their cities locked down, Tir most especially, and courtesy of Phillip Ross so do we neuts, but omni-tek is sadly lacking...

I'm not gonna bitch at Ross for that donation that got us the JOBE guards, IMO the stiuation in newland was appaling, with clanners being killed for entering a neutral city and i think all clanners, before they launch another rant against Omni-tek should take a breath and think hard about who they owe for the privelage of walking free in Newland again, but this is beside the point.

Boss Ross needs to do some housekeeping, if he can fund a neutral city to have highly trained guards with state of the art weaponry then WTF cant he do something about the situation of the omni pol forces that guard his own damn employees?

*edit* corrected some of my awful spelling
    Last edited by Jesharet; Jul 4th, 2004 at 14:45:53.
    Neutral Adventurer of RK2

Squad commander of Underworld

Achiever 60%
    Explorer 60%
    Socializer 53%
    Killer 26%

Originally posted by Jesharet

i think all clanners, before they launch another rant against Omni-tek should take a breath and think hard about who they owe for the privelage of walking free in Newland again, but this is beside the point.
    You're totally right. It was "neutrals" that recruited Warr and his goons to kill just one side. And so nice for Omni "Omnis" to allow us to walk free in "neutral" city.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

We give the Newland council enough money to fund their own militia, removing Loren Warr and her thugs and once again allowing Clanners to walk in the streets of Newland... and you complain about it?
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Originally posted by Jesharet
    Boss Ross needs to do some housekeeping, if he can fund a neutral city to have highly trained guards with state of the art weaponry then WTF cant he do something about the situation of the omni pol forces that guard his own damn employees?
    The Newland Guard Initiative was originally started and organized by Omni-Tek and Neutral citizens. Only at the very end did Phillip Ross donate a portion of the funding needed to finalize the Newland Militia. Omni-Tek citizens and Neutrals have worked hand in hand towards mutually beneficial goals for over the last two years.

There will be those of us within Omni-Tek that will continue to work towards the common good for all citizens on Rubi-Ka in the future. What have the Clans have done is promote an atmosphere of violence towards all non-Clanners. By continuing to support the Sentinels in the Council of Truth, the Clans are officalizing their intent to conquer the rest of Rubi-Ka, Omni-Tek and Neutrals alike.

We have aided the Neutrals to better defend themselves against Clanner aggression and terrorist activities. It is time for the employees of Omni-Tek to defend their own homes, wave of life free from terrorizing by Clanner millitants. Millitants which continue to go unpunished.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

The Clans don't want Clan controled Rubi-Ka.

The Clans wan't a No-Control at all by Omni-Tek.
    We want omni-tek the Coorporation (not its employees, those are Rubi-Kans too) out of this planet.

When will it get through your stubborn minds that as soon as there is no Omni-Tek on Rubi-Ka there will be no Clanners and no Neutrals!
    The Clanners are the rebbels of Omni-Tek.
    With omni-tek gone there will be nothing to rebbel against.
    Is this so hard to understand?

The problem is that when omni-tek leaves some of you people who have been so much in the comfort of it wont be able to cook your own dinners and defend your own cities.
    This is the problem that your facing right now!
    As soon as Omni-tek doesnt solve your problems you start complaining and nagging instead of working out the problem yourself!
    This is what your fighting for! Your own lazy comfort that Omni-Tek will take care of the problems, Omni-tek will get us Jobs, Omni-Tek will get us Money, Omni-Tek will keep us safe.

Your too scared to stand up on your own two feet and Omni-Tek leaving this planet will be a shock to you like a 5 year old that suddenly loses his obsesive parents.

The coorporation has to leave this planet...

I give you my word as a Keeper that as soon as Omni-Tek leaves and we all are no longer Omnis, Clanners or Neutrals I will do anything and i say anything to protect each and every Rubi-Kan.
    I will come to the city of Omni-Entertainment and even fight of any treath to Rubi-kans.
    Because as soon as Omni-Tek leaves we CAN take care of ourselfs. With the technology we have and the knowledge we have gained we don't need the coorporation.
    Look at Jobe!

There can be peace on this planet...but as long as Omni-Tek exists, so will the Clans and so will the Neutrals and there will be no peace at all.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Originally posted by Legaron

The Clans wan't a No-Control at all by Omni-Tek.
    We want omni-tek the Coorporation (not its employees, those are Rubi-Kans too) out of this planet.

When will it get through your stubborn minds that as soon as there is no Omni-Tek on Rubi-Ka there will be no Clanners and no Neutrals!
    The Clanners are the rebbels of Omni-Tek.
    With omni-tek gone there will be nothing to rebbel against.
    Is this so hard to understand?

The problem is that when omni-tek leaves some of you people who have been so much in the comfort of it wont be able to cook your own dinners and defend your own cities.
    This is the problem that your facing right now!
    As soon as Omni-tek doesnt solve your problems you start complaining and nagging instead of working out the problem yourself!
    This is what your fighting for! Your own lazy comfort that Omni-Tek will take care of the problems, Omni-tek will get us Jobs, Omni-Tek will get us Money, Omni-Tek will keep us safe.

Your too scared to stand up on your own two feet and Omni-Tek leaving this planet will be a shock to you like a 5 year old that suddenly loses his obsesive parents.

The coorporation has to leave this planet...

I give you my word as a Keeper that as soon as Omni-Tek leaves and we all are no longer Omnis, Clanners or Neutrals I will do anything and i say anything to protect each and every Rubi-Kan.
    I will come to the city of Omni-Entertainment and even fight of any treath to Rubi-kans.
    Because as soon as Omni-Tek leaves we CAN take care of ourselfs. With the technology we have and the knowledge we have gained we don't need the coorporation.
    Look at Jobe!

There can be peace on this planet...but as long as Omni-Tek exists, so will the Clans and so will the Neutrals and there will be no peace at all.
    Your saying clans want to take over and gain control, and the so called evil omni-tek wants the same, then what makes u different? Your Nothing more than terrorist that are only alive thanks to omni-tek bringing an economy and technology to Rubi-ka.
    Last edited by Twisted; Jul 5th, 2004 at 00:03:54.

With the technology we have and the knowledge we have gained we don't need the coorporation.
    Look at Jobe!
    I hate to be the one to inform you of this, but the group of Meta-Physicists and Nanotechnicians who founded Jobe were originally Omni-Tek citizens, trained by the corporation, and at numerous times during their development of the Shadowlands portals recieved Omni-Tek funding?

On another note, not that I distrust your word as a Keeper, do you really think that the power-grubbing tyrants like Silverstone will simply give up power if Omni-Tek leaves? I'm sure that if he is given free reign over the plannet, you will all be begging us to come back. Ever heard of Julius Caesar?
    Last edited by Anualken; Jul 5th, 2004 at 03:58:14.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Terrorizing and killing Omni-Tek employees and Neutrals will not do anything to shorten the lease that Omni-Tek has for Rubi-Ka. The ICC has given Omni-Tek administrative control with the addition of the Clans at a later date for the planet, Rubi-Ka. If anything, all the Clan violence is prove to the ICC that the Clans are incapable of running the planet and end up having the ICC renew the Rubi-Ka lease to Omni-Tek for another thousand years.
    Last edited by Kithrak; Jul 5th, 2004 at 07:55:12.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it there. I thought we'd established that not all Clans are the same or want the same things. If we cannot blame the Clans as a whole for the attrocities of a single Clan, how can we take accept a collective reassurance on behalf of the Clans?

Do you think removing Omni-Tek from Rubi-Ka will solve anything for Clan Eco- Warriros? Last time I checked they wanted to remove all humans from Rubi-Ka, not just Omni. Do you think the Sentinels will leave the Neutral alone without the 'distraction' of Omni-Tek in the way?

You may speak for the Assembly, but don't try to fool us into thinking all the Clans want even broadly the same thing, becasue we all know this is unture.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I suggest you read the name of the Topic.

"The Guards of Rubi-Ka" (i dont see Omni-Tek there pall..)

Then you need to read more than just the name of the topic. Try read the actual post and maybe youll see that its the Omni guards that needs an uppgrade.
    I have said that I think its nice that you clanners help making it clear that we do ,infact, need uppgraded guards so dont lash out blindly at me Legaron. Sometimes,though, unfortunate choice of words angers me. We dont need to discuss this anymore between ourselfs because we agree. Both of us sees that the Omni Guards need better equipment and thats all there is to it.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Though Savoy has allready touched on this, I beleive the Unionists and their suporters would take exception to your comment, given that the documents published by them call for a Clan controlled Rubi-Ka.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Excuse me for snapping out and saying some of the stuff that might not be correct.

When i said the Clans I made a wrong turn because correct, the Clans are not one.
    There are several Clans that wish a Clan controlled Rubi-Ka, but what I wanted to point out is that if Omni-Tek (the coorporation) was not on this planet there would be no conflict with the Clans versus Omni-Tek.
    There might be a conflict with Rubi-Kan organisations towards eachother. The thing is that we can start a democratic government on Rubi-Ka with all organisations, but this government can not be formed if there is a hyper Coorporation claming the planet (or half of it) for itself.

" hate to be the one to inform you of this, but the group of Meta-Physicists and Nanotechnicians who founded Jobe were originally Omni-Tek citizens, trained by the corporation, and at numerous times during their development of the Shadowlands portals recieved Omni-Tek funding?"

How did you think they got those funds?
    Rubi-Ka notum mining perhaps? hmm i wonder...

"On another note, not that I distrust your word as a Keeper, do you really think that the power-grubbing tyrants like Silverstone will simply give up power if Omni-Tek leaves? I'm sure that if he is given free reign over the plannet, you will all be begging us to come back. Ever heard of Julius Caesar?"

Who ever said that someone like Simon Silverstone will be given free reign over the planet?
    Don't be mistaken. The Clans choose for the Sentinels because they just like me have had enough. They wan't Omni-Tek out of here and the strongest Clan to be able to achieve this are the Sentinels.
    That doesn't mean that when Omni-Tek leaves this planet they will go "Well simon, we won, what are your commands?"

"You may speak for the Assembly, but don't try to fool us into thinking all the Clans want even broadly the same thing, becasue we all know this is unture."

Im not trying to fool anyone. I don't know about your situation, but i talk to a lot of clanners, just to see what their thoughts are on the conflict.
    And this doesn't just fall under the catagory Assembly.
    I don't just say stuff because its my thoughts and Assemblys thoughts. Ive spoken to a lot of Clanners and Ive heared or read a lot of their thoughts and from that I come with my judgement.
    There are two big Clans that wish a Clan controlled Rubi-Ka.
    One of them was favored by the majority of the Clanners, this does not mean that they were favored because of their thoughts on the neutrals, neither is it because they want an all Clan control of Rubi-Ka. To my understandings the Clans chose for the Sentinals because it was their last hope. Their last hope to rid Rubi-Ka of Omni-Tek.

Neutrals are people that take no part in a conflict between two sides. When there is no more conflict between the two sides, there will be no more neutrals mearly because everyone will be a neutral. Do you think Simon Silverstone will attack all the Rubi-Kan organisations on the planet because the conflict is over and he has nothing to do anymore?
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

How did you think they got those funds?
    Rubi-Ka notum mining perhaps? hmm i wonder...
    No, most likely from being the largest hyper-corporation in the galaxy with colonies on over 100 worlds. Just a thought. Even if it does come from our notum monopoly, we have been given the right to mine notum AND a 1,000 year lease by the ICC. I fail to see the point you are trying to make with this.

Originally pposted by Legaron
    Neutrals are people that take no part in a conflict between two sides. When there is no more conflict between the two sides, there will be no more neutrals mearly because everyone will be a neutral. Do you think Simon Silverstone will attack all the Rubi-Kan organisations on the planet because the conflict is over and he has nothing to do anymore?
    I think he will systematically root out anyone who has opposed him in the past, including former neutrals. So, in short, yes.

I hate to bring an end to such an interesting debate, but this topic is discussing the weakness of Omni guards. It is not a place for clanners to babble about the evil corporation with closed minds and false information.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

The thing is that we can start a democratic government on Rubi-Ka with all organisations, but this government can not be formed if there is a hyper Coorporation claming the planet (or half of it) for itself.
    Why not?

You may not be aware of this, but thousands and thousands of years ago, back on Earth there were hundereds of differnet nations. Some were deomcracies, some were not. Some were went to with each other from time to time, but most of them managed to co-exist in peace.

So waht exactly is stopping you from having this grand democracy up in the North? Please explain, I'd love to hear this.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Assembly Clan members' replies have consistently been one of the least reasonable, least diplomatic and, make the least sense. Caution is advised until this clan is mature enough and have the capacity to realistically be able to take part in the Rubi-Kan political structure.

While this debate is interesting to watch, can we get back to the topic at hand about getting the Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka leadership to approve upgrades for the Omni-Pol guards protecting our cities?

Originally posted by Savoy

So waht exactly is stopping you from having this grand democracy up in the North? Please explain, I'd love to hear this.
    Nothing, save for thinly veiled bloodlust/warmongering. Of course they could have a "big democracy cakewalk" up north, right through Tir Square, but then they wouldn't get to murder Omni-Tek employees and scream about fighting for freedom. Apparently, being left alone to live their own lives without OmniTek intereference isn't freedom enough. They feel they must force their idea of freedom on the entire planet.

Or at least, this is the impression I get.

Lets all remember the importance of equipping our guards to the highest standard possible. And that is really the only thing we should discuss on this thread.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

let's flip this around a bit

See you omni's act like you are innocent, you are the victims, well you're wrong, you're not the only ones who get invaded, we have a large group of people at the whompa in OA and i see so much blood from invading omni's over there,alot of the time people announcing an invasion of omni's in to our cities, you're in the same position as us, our guards our easy to pass, then again so are your's, i have experimented this with my omni character in old athens,west athens,Newland, and in omni, 4 holes,2ho is hard,and the reason we attack you is because this is war, yes we are rebels, rebels are against something and we are against omni, that's the way it's been, that's why their are clans and omni's going through the portals ready to kill any clans and/or omnis that they may see.

Originally posted by Naefen
    Lets all remember the importance of equipping our guards to the highest standard possible. And that is really the only thing we should discuss on this thread.
    Couldnt agree more, this thread has become totally derailed
    Neutral Adventurer of RK2

Squad commander of Underworld

Achiever 60%
    Explorer 60%
    Socializer 53%
    Killer 26%

Ignore the Clan terrorists trying to derail this disscussion about improving our city's internal security.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast