Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: has anyone whined about the yalms?

hehe

Yeah, go into the newbie backyard with a bunch of friends who also have Yalms w/ guns and fly above the trees and bomb the crap otu of everything making the nebies run in absolute fear of getting bombed from heaven. hehehehe.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Seriously now everyone can't have cars! Takes the fun out of having them.

Its a ****ing futuristic world, cars should be one of the most common items in the world. Its not friggin 1901 where only the rich have cars. Hell, even now in the 21st century pretty much everyone that can drive a car/has a licence has a car. HELLO PEOPLE, this is the 300th century!!! Everyone should have a car!!

I think we should get a car at start up, not a good car but a car.
    Last edited by Nanitehandler; Jun 13th, 2002 at 18:59:30.

I wanna do drivebys in my yalm!!!!!! =(

I play with my g/f so everything i buy i need 2 of :/. Spent 10.2 mil on yalms.I dont mind the prices tho,Azz is right ,they should be worked hard for. I know i worked hard for mine,but i think most of those lvl 40's flying around are alts of some rich mains
    I've heard of an omni "gunship" supposedly not unique but very very rare.I dont know what they look like or mods or req's or anything.I've never known anyone who has one or has seen one.
    I was just wondering if anyone had....or is this just a myth..and what does the omni gunship do?... what does it look like?...

Everybody should get a lil piece of **** car at start up. It should go a little faster than running, maybe be able to fly a little; and it should look like one of those probe things.

Comeon you stupid ****s, this isnt the dark ages!!! Give the little people some cool stuff too.
    Last edited by Nanitehandler; Jun 13th, 2002 at 19:11:16.

Omni-tek has em

Originally posted by Meligant
    Hell. The price is fine but I want the QL 160-200 Version to have GUNS!. If someone has the spare IP to spend over 500pts on Vehicle Air then I say let's have some advantages. Require the yalm to be stationary to fire with 15 second attack time. Just be kind of funny don’t you think?
    Yah, guns would be a good addition, but they already have planes with guns. It's for Omni-tek players only and is called the Omni-tek Gunship. Very rare. It shoots, it flies, it's only for OT. Because, they obviously don't have enough crap with the ube armors and easy access to a few dungeons like Steps Of Madness.... Yeah I took my OT MA to steps at lvl 19, and my bud let me loot the Gleeful Greeters and etc. strange things. I didn't even loot half of the MOBs in there and I made 130k selling to the shops. I could have made like 1 mil if I had sold all that sweet Waiit, Senpai, and Tech armor etc. to people. I already have enough cash tho, and I don't intend to contribute anything to Omni... I'm just in it for the armor and the cash. Baboons ain't bad either.

The price on yalms is too low.

They should really raise the price on them to about 10mil.

I mean, i really shouldn't have a yalm for all my alts, but i do because they're so cheap.

i'd say 8-10mil for a Ql30 is fair.

As for ground vehicles though, they should lower the requirements on those, and make the run speed increase bigger. The pricing is pretty good on them though. At least then ground vehicles would be more useful.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

What about those of us who don't have really high level characters that can give us money when we need it. My highest is a lvl 55, and yet I'm surrounded by people who have oodles of cash to spend because they play a lvl 140 for an hour and make 10 mil.

I guess I would like to see people using alts less overall, a little boost here or there but come on people, whats the challange in it if you can have anything you want?

Originally posted by Josepheline
    What about those of us who don't have really high level characters that can give us money when we need it
    What about you?

Are you not supposed to earn your way, just because we did already? I didn't have anyone to give me money when i was level 55. I had to work my way up just like everyone else, and i didn't go around asking for things to be easier. Trust me, yalms should not be cheaper. You want to work for it. When you finally get it, it'll be so much more rewarding.

I earned my first yalm by doing 50% missions for a week at level 70 though. Wasn't too particulary hard. Go get things like coats, and mission only nano's that people will buy. Sell them for a price thats lower than the going rate, so they sell fast. This way you can do more missions and get alot of money.

Also, you just dont level very fast off 50% missions, so you dont have to spend money upgrading your gear.

BE STORM

Oh, and another thing.....

After getting a yalm, there is one big thing i miss about this game. The terrain.

This game is a peice of artwork. I often fly low, just because the view is so nice. Alot of places are too hostile and dangerous for ground travel. Most of the time though, i wish i was in a very fast ground vehicle. This is why ground vehicles(kodaik) need a reworking. When youre flying all over the place, the planet becomes kinda stale and boring. When youre actually down in it, its alot more alive and entertaining.

This is why they should lower ground vehicle requirements, and raise the run speed added(by alot).

BE STORM

Cars should be ultra-common, everyone should have one. Yalms are like sports cars, they should be pretty rare, so I guess 10 million is a fair price. Ground cars need MUCH more variety and MUCH lower requirements and need to be MUCH MUCH cheaper. I think you should even get a basic ground/air hybrid car at start up. It should go signifigantly slower than most other cars, be able to fly, but not nearly as high as a yalm.

the little people

What I'm saying is that if you raise the price of yalms then people who NEED them can't afford them anymore. At level 70, the missions start getting farther and farther away, its to the point that you can't get to half the missions if you can't fly. Therefor you need to have yalms to get there. If you raise the price people will get frustrated.

As for having one for all your alts, that's on your concious, not mine. Luckily I'm an MP and I can fly on my own, but if I had to save for a yalm, I would be a bit more frustrated. Especially if the price were doubled.

In fact I think they should introduce a low order yalm that doesn't buff run speed, but does fly for only 1 mil or so. That way people can keep doing their missions that are in areas that they can't run through.

While we're complaining

I just wanted to drop a complaint while everyone else is, the no-drop, never get rid of s**t has to go! I'm sick of finding items and having to hold on to them forever. I wanna sell them or just drop them!!

Nah

I ran to solo missions on foot to Perpetual Wastlands why shouldn't everyone else?

Why don't they just give every new player a nice apartment, some free gear, a couple free nanos and a safe easy place to level and learn to play? Oh wait they do !

the official word on yalmahas is...

Why are they so expensive? Why can't we sell them to other people?
    The Yalmaha flying vehicle is meant to a special item, and to an extent- rare.

The price will not be lowered. The NODROP will not be removed. Vehicles weren't even expected to be in the live version of AO, and yet theres 5 kinds. Its implementation may not be the greatest (jets flying through doors, etc), but its what we got- live with it.

The lower levels dont have enough money, and the higher ups have too much to know what to do with.
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    First to "hand make" Custom Refs.
    President of the late Fixer Coalition
    Member of Storm
    Impatiently waiting to enter the shadow

I think that Yalms should cost more =) and that they should have a level restriction of at least 75!
    Maximus "Immense" Meridius - Enforcer (Don) My Armor
    Sun "Firegoddess" Kaba - Super Sneak Agent
    "Gridarmor" - Grid Armor Wearin' Fixer
    STORM - Best of the best
    Creator of AO Character Lookup, click to download
    Damn it feels good to be a Gangster

I like the level restriction! It would prevent people from giving Yalms to their level 21 players.

I would say make them a little cheaper, but then make a level restriction or a title restriction.

I'd say make them more expensive AND level restricted but make ground vehicles cheaper and faster.
    postcount++

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast