Thread: I bought the special edition and watched the episodes.

I bought the special edition and watched the episodes.

Those episodes are really cool. I was thinking of how they could make the players feel they control the story. The episodes tie the story line into the game. Maybe on an episode either Ross or Radiman could be talking about some kind of peacefull meeting between clans and omni, somewhere nuetral. Then in the game have an event where omni and clans are together talking or whatever and some clannes come up disrupting the meeting shooting at omni, and then of coarse the whole thing blows up into a fire fight = meeting was a failure. Next episode we see Ross and Radiman talking about what happened. What would be cool is to see one of them actually name the peopple involved in the disruption, even naming an organization, and they go on from there. These would be people and organizations we interact with everyday in the game.
    Wouldn't it be cool, to see your character or organizations name brought up in an episode? I think so. It was just a thought.

Chris

That is exactly what they use to do....well....untill they ran out of time, resources, and desire to make us happy.

WOAH!

They used to want to make us happy?!?

Re: I bought the special edition and watched the episodes.

WARNING: Sharp Learning Curve Ahead!

Yes, that would be cool. There have been hundreds of ideas on here that would be cool. Funcom even puts cool ideas out every couple of months in a news item. None ever get implemented. There is no storyline. There have been beginnings of storylines in the past but Funcom always let them die a neglected death before they became anything. If you don't like levelling treadmills, you won't like this game.

Scorus

Unhappy

heh Snarf got a cameo,well sorta his picture was on Radimans desk scattered among some memos in 1 of the episodes
    was a fun idea, too bad it seems like FC has cut its 4 yr story to 6 months,cause i havent seen a dam thing about it since sometime in march

That's too bad. I wish they would start it up again. It sounds like everyone was having fun with it when they had it going.
    It would be a shame for them to wait untill Shadow Lands releases to start the story back up. People want to be involved and try shaping the story. That was one of the best selling points of the game I thought. I thought.

Another way to get the story more into the game would be to use the launcher a bit different. Rather than having the news before you choose character It should be after. This way you can get the only side news / events as they happen. Say a guild wants to start an attack, they can use this page to tell everyone about it.

Another think would to be to give special missions when you got to a certain level. Once at level 15 you are given a special mission with several stages that ties with the story. I think DaOC has this and works pretty well.

Wow, that mission idea does sound good. That would make it fun and more involving.