Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agent crit nanos..Overpowered?

Re: Re: Re: I'm wondering too

Originally posted by Makarov

Answer are simple. FC dont have the skill to fix it because it is way to complex.
    Here is few samples. And you can your self try to place where 50% heals should be.
    I take only 2 man team who are PvM and get attacked by one other player.

§1 Agent attack Doc who are healing Soldier who tanks one red mob. Doc can take that beating while soldier finish mob.
    Q1 Full or Half heals?

§2 Agent attacks soldier. Doc are passive and heal soldier.
    Q2 Full or Half heals?

§3 Agent attacks soldier who tank one mob. Doc still healing. Sodleir dont Swith target.
    Q3 Full or Half?

§4 Agent attacks tanking soldier, doc healing, soldier swithc tartget and let that red mob maul him while he tried to take out agent.
    Q4 Full or Half?

§5 Agent attacks soldier, soldier attacks back, mob change aggro on doc.
    Q5 Full or half?

those are 5 wich i could think right now but i bet that there is more.
    Umm? why does the agent half to always be the bad guy?

Anyhow, damage is 50% in PvP zones, why not heals?....

Oh, hang on I finally got what you are saying..hehe Too hard to distinguish between PvM and PvP, same as the 10 sec resneak predicament.

So, Funcom is playing a game of twister with the game play mechanics....Grrrrreat! That game always ends in a mess.

Re: Re: I'm wondering too

Originally posted by AgentGimpy

I want to know how you figure with a 40% cap that the one shot will kill you? IT can only do 40% of your total hp!!! This lack of understanding at this point blows me away. Some people don't even know how the game works but they want the other classes to get nerfed, there will be no end to this.

What I don't understand is why Funcom cut all the regular damage in half in PvP but left the heals at 100%. If a doc knows what he/she is doing then they will always beat an agent, unless he runs away. This is wrong, as a support class like a doc should never be able to beat an assasin or a soldier or MA one on one. Just shouldn't happen.

Docs should be healing the fighting classes not beating them.
    1st of all grow a brain before you quote me. reread my post and show me were I said nerf agents. come on mr bad @$$ flamer, show me were I said it. I have always been anti nerf and I'm not starting now. All I said was I THINK IT'S ALITTLE MUCH! Notice the THINK, Think=my opinion not fact . Every Prof I have played has been nerfed while I was playing them, My 1st chr was a agent, and I deleted him beause funcom said they wasn't doing a ipr and look what we got last patch.

My bad I forgot how funcom changed the %40 rule, when they 1st stated it the idea was to set the dmg at %40 max of what the dmg could do. And alot of people faught it and said they wanted to change it to %40 of the players hp's. During that time peroid I canceled my acct. So I guess funcom actually listened to the players for once. I never paid attention to it after the fact. But don't come on here flaming me trying to talk trash as if your better than me.

I could really care less anymore if they nerf you into a chicken taco, after swg comes out I'm gone.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

The way i see agent is a shady warior who hits from the behind and killing oponent instantly... So no problem that agnet can use this nanos..

But only what disbalances it is that he can use it even having other proffesion abilites...
    Agnet can use this nano under FP, Assume, Mimic. peoploe having hard time fighting traders already and i doubt it will change in 14.4 but agent with 100% crit for 6 seconds with mimic trader after one dives lvl 183 agent can cast all traders nanos and doesnt feal 140 in nano skills penalty. Can get attack rating to 1100 and crit every shot for 6 seconds... and i cant outheal that or no TMS will save from it...

I think agetns shouldnt be able to use those crit buff nanos under FP, Assume, Mimic
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm wondering too

Anyhow, damage is 50% in PvP zones, why not heals?....
    Hypothetically we half heals

Then people would want buffs halved. Agents would only get a 50% buff then ma's uvc would turn into a 12%

Oh but wait your weapon buffs will have to be halved. Whoops that makes your weapon overequipped. hmm Oh that soldier is using mk x. But wait its halved to only reflect 38% of damage for HALF the time.

Hmm that doc put a dot on you but wait its time is halved so it does half damage for half the time. And your ac buff thats halved too

Run buffs. Hmm thats halved. Oh mr fixer im sorry you died. Cause your grid nano only grids half of you into the grid.

hmm mochams. Hmm that effect is halved. What do you mean you cant cast your nuke anymore mr mt. Its all in fairness that its halved

Hypothetical situation off

If we go on the half this half that rampage we might as well all start beating eachother on the head with leet dolls cause thats how its going to end up

I think all buffs should be as before 14.2 really.
    ok so many ppl whined then too but it was more action on the pvp board atleast

So funcom... why not just make it as before 14.2 or even 12.6 I think the game was perfect when It came out (exept the lagg).

now I think the line goes inn this direction.

Fun-Less Fun-Low fun-Dull-Carebear-CAREEAR-A lot of CAREBEAR-CAREBEAR48hardcoreCARE!

Re: Re: Re: I'm wondering too

Originally posted by xenomorph

1st of all grow a brain before you quote me. reread my post and show me were I said nerf agents. come on mr bad @$$ flamer, show me were I said it. I have always been anti nerf and I'm not starting now. All I said was I THINK IT'S ALITTLE MUCH! Notice the THINK, Think=my opinion not fact . Every Prof I have played has been nerfed while I was playing them, My 1st chr was a agent, and I deleted him beause funcom said they wasn't doing a ipr and look what we got last patch.

My bad I forgot how funcom changed the %40 rule, when they 1st stated it the idea was to set the dmg at %40 max of what the dmg could do. And alot of people faught it and said they wanted to change it to %40 of the players hp's. During that time peroid I canceled my acct. So I guess funcom actually listened to the players for once. I never paid attention to it after the fact. But don't come on here flaming me trying to talk trash as if your better than me.

I could really care less anymore if they nerf you into a chicken taco, after swg comes out I'm gone.
    By stating you think it is "a little much" you are suggesting it should be a "little less" and are implying a nerf should be made. Plain and simple.

I do appologize though, my tone was a little harsh, sorry for that.

Well, with my agent I hit a guy 42 times in a 5s period, all crits.

This is totally do-able cuz I am a complete n00b and counting is really hard for me.

(extreme sarcasm, totally extreme, cuz this was such a stupid thread)

Ok, NO1 shot u 6 times for crit in 5-6s, ok? I can GUARANTEE u that...with lag, MAYBE it looked like it, but u, I and every other player in this world know that it didn't happen.

100% crit is nice, but either the agent uses a gun like itch, which means u can only crit down a nanomage with 2k hp, or u about half a normal player. With luck, may I add.

I have used my 100% against a few times, and granted, I don't use a flashpoint, but I haven't been even close to kill any1 with just my 5s of 100% crit...however, I have with 5s 100% and 15s of 15%. I would trade em both for uvc.

"I saw this agent...yadda yadda"...ONCE u saw an agent get lucky and u think that is standard? Please...

Re: Re: I'm wondering too

Umm? why does the agent half to always be the bad guy?

Heheh sorry nothing personal. Used agent only because many talked about that class in this tread.
    But sure you can swap agent into someething else. ummm trader or another soldier or maybe a MA.

Most weapons wich we use are maked with PvM in mind and we all know that att higher LV we dont come even close to stats of MObs.
    So there must be 2 sets of rules one for PvP and one for PvM.
    But i eg you dont startto move this s.h.i.t as long it dont smells.
    Here is some samples that i thought first would balance Heals in PVP (but then i saw into what deep s.h.i.t i stepped in)

Make so that Doc heals have 2x recharge time. Sounds simple and right ehh?
    But when you think about it then you need to do same thing to all nanos that can be used in PVP to aid you or to hurt your target. Wich means that recharge on DD, Mk and other nanos are double. But all non nano users fight att their normal speed.
    Wich makes it unfair, so FC get forced to slow down all weapons.

One fight system that worked a bit better IMO are one from Ahserons call, there you could move to dodge spells and range weapons. There it was a bit FPS style every shot and spell was an object wich was launched towards target, but it was not in auto hit mode.

So if we had this then i would be happy to have all damage caps to be removed, because then you could dodge all those Alpha strikes and high DD nanos.
    Also then Fc could make some BFG guns wich are slow and easy to dodge and some weak but very was weapons.

But as i said this is a deep **** so dont step into it. FC will never do it because then you had to make PvM that way wich makes change of good part of already bugged game code (and if FC have problems to fix old game code, then think about what will happen if they try to replace large part of it)
    I gues that by making good single player games dont qualify you into good online makers, Because we all agree that from outside AO looks great
    it have great places to visit (dont count Pertual Waste, been there last night it is dead empty as always), but game mechanics are something different and you dont get skilled in them by making Solo games.
    But who knows maybe FC did learned something from AO and will make their next game better, to bad for them that they wont get my $13 for it, because iam dead tired of Fanstay age online games
    Last edited by Makarov; Jun 12th, 2002 at 07:27:31.
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

Go make an agent and use the nano before you say how great it is..

LONG reuse for one. And if I lag I dont get shots off but MAYBE 1..
    ................................................"Takhai"
    ............................................Solitus Doctor
    .................................................+Clan+
    ........................."I am he that buries his friends alive and
    ............drowns them and draws them alive again from the water."

http://www.alienaa.com/ - When you sign up put 73583 as the ID of the person who recommended it to you(So I get credit) - It's fun I'm learnin it now but so far it's pretty nifty - You get your own Alien Train him, gamble, etc.. and then end up fighting people and stuff

last night i took out a 187 agent using those lines of buffs, went to the grid, she unhid, ahot me down to 50% i got in a divest, then plunder then pdhp she started to ran but she didnt get far.

i wouldnt say traders are overpowering but they stand most chance agianst all classes and im sure soldiers dont have much trouble taking out a agent with these buffs...

the things that really piss me off are the MAs with guns, with they UVC and 15% scope running you about critting every hit and healing too, but im not gonna moan for a nerf.

i enjoy pvp the wayit is atm

Originally posted by Wideboy

the things that really piss me off are the MAs with guns, with they UVC and 15% scope running you about critting every hit and healing too, but im not gonna moan for a nerf.
    well i do.. rediculous that mas run around with flashies etc.. make uvc melee/bow only ! i wouldnt call it a nerf just the way it should be imo.
    Novice Bare "Xthril" Lotto
    Super agent man

Roosevelt "Muchopain" Babilonia
    Bad Boy Yardie

Originally posted by SLavin

well i do.. rediculous that mas run around with flashies etc.. make uvc melee/bow only ! i wouldnt call it a nerf just the way it should be imo.

Well i think that if FC wanted then they could code on more req line into those nanos wich would say^
    *Player might not wear any range weapon but bows before casting. and while that nano are running*

The question are if FC want to do it (i bet that if they do, then their first try get messed up and ends in opposite effect )
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12