Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dark Carnival is banished

sorry

My apologies.

Replace 'grief the game' with 'dishonor your employer'.

Replace 'player base' with 'Rubi-Ka citizen'

But completly OOC I think its quite obvious the trial was rigged, and true, normally OmniTek would have rigged it without fractions help (thats without players help ) but hey, how fun would that have been? Now FC tries to involve the players into this conflict/differnece in opinions by making some a part of the jury, and others meer spectators.

So, public tribunal: Cause it was more fun, and thats a good reson, and the fact that they did the tribunal public, yet still quite obviously somewhat rigged is a complimant to FC

About the Peacfull OmniTek, well, it would have to look peacefull, otherwise wouldnt the plot against the clans work, right...and proberbly not the story either

the last comment would be something i do IC, so i wait with that till another thread =)
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Attention Seekr, Peh.
    Oh look mister big man, everything I say is right.

DC? Who......How long? .....When ?

*Middle finger* Like I care.

A guild is only as good as it's reputation.

No need for me to email Funcom with the harassment, chances are nothing will get done.

If I share the (ugly) truth with you, I'm sure it'll do much more damage than Funcom ever could do with warnings.

I'm just making sure that everyone is aware of the immaturity that runs rampant throughout some of Dark Carnival.

Re: Re: what a bunch of gimps

Originally posted by Cheddar

When you speak of the "game", are you referring to tackle-the-man-with-the-leet?[/i]
    Any old "Trollball" players out here (from Runequest, an old RPG)? In that game you scored by getting 'the live part of the Trollkin' into the other team's goal. Trollkin were kinda like kobolds. If anyone gets leetball together, count me in!

Scorus

As if it wasn’t clear before, it should be now. DC can’t role-play. My advice to Funcom is to ignore them. Don’t base anymore events around its members or refer to them in any way. If they do something like the assassination again, blame it on some disgruntle employee and put an NPC on trial. No one wants to hear their lame ooc comments at an event ever again.

The best way to handle people like this is to ignore them.
    Last edited by Crin; Dec 6th, 2001 at 06:56:51.

re

For someone that preaches anti-harrassment, Capt sure seems to harrass people alot.

lol

Re: what war

You must not do any missions.

Quote #1 from mission booth at lush resort:

"The ICC has condoned out fight against the rebel clans. It is just and righteous"

Quote #2 same place

"We at Omni-Tek ask you not to fight for lofty ideals and or abstract values. We ask you to fight for what is closest to you...
    family and friends"

And in case you don't know, fight is just another word for battle.

Now I ask you Kirrana, do the mission booths project the "Will of Omni-Tek" or not?

If yes, then Ross is a poor manager. If no, then why do we get paid from Omni-Tek for doing them?

Originally posted by Kirrana
    What battle, what war,

Point to just one document or annoucement from Ross or Omni-Tek that points to the fact we have been at war in the last 6 months.

This whole affair is very funny indeed

Absolutely OOC
    It shows how idealistic Funcoms idea of the average MMORPG player is. Uber guilds with a naturally larger number of dOOdZ are not easily integrated in roleplaying scenarios. They dont roleplay and consider being uber and acting like schoolbullies IS roleplaying. (kinda reminds me of some EQ uber guild leaders and the offensive language they thought to be appropriate when talking to other peeps on message boards or in game).
    How can a departement of OT openly have their own agenda and act against the corporation? A clan could go against the council I suppose but an OT departement? Thats silly, makes no sense and should get DC excluded from future events and they should be stripped of any company merits (token boards and such). LOL You would see the dOOdz leave in droves

Val "dOOdz DONT roleplay!"
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

My dear freind Mr Bogus

A fight is ofcourse not the same as a battle. A battle is of course not the same as a war.

Yes, the ICC condons our fights against the clans, as long as they are attacking us, but as you see in the contract this would not be the case if there were an outright war, started by OmniTek.

And remember, we are all in the great family of OmniTek. That is one of OmniTeks best public messages.
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Re: Re: what war

Originally posted by Mr. Bogus
    You must not do any missions.

Quote #1 from mission booth at lush resort:

"The ICC has condoned out fight against the rebel clans. It is just and righteous"

Quote #2 same place

"We at Omni-Tek ask you not to fight for lofty ideals and or abstract values. We ask you to fight for what is closest to you...
    family and friends"

And in case you don't know, fight is just another word for battle.

Now I ask you Kirrana, do the mission booths project the "Will of Omni-Tek" or not?

If yes, then Ross is a poor manager. If no, then why do we get paid from Omni-Tek for doing them?
    Sorry Mr. Bogus, but covert operations occur even when there aren't wars. Many of the missions my employer gives me to do, suggest that an important type of armor has been stolen. That the information is crucial and for this reason those that exist in these missions must be wiped out in order to protect this information. We are not at war with Clans. But we may fight against thieves. I believe you read too much into the linguistics of the mission. Missions may go on in the background, while outwardly we are playing a public relations battle. Those that oppose the amnesty and kill in defiance of it are ruining any public relations battle we have. I will continue to follow the orders of my employer, whether he needs me to retrieve a stolen piece of armor or describe a prototype gun to him. I will also continue to uphold the amnesty that is being requested from Mr. Ross.

General Eleetist
    D.A.R.C. Ops

Re: Re: Re: what a bunch of gimps

Originally posted by Scorus

Any old "Trollball" players out here (from Runequest, an old RPG)? In that game you scored by getting 'the live part of the Trollkin' into the other team's goal. Trollkin were kinda like kobolds. If anyone gets leetball together, count me in!

Scorus
    Why use leets when there are plenty of nasty rollerrats to be used? And the rollerrats are even a ball shape. Kick rat anyone?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Re: Re: Re: what war

Ok, fair enough but here is my problem with missions under the current amnesty rules. Now I'm not saying this will happen but the door is open for it.

WHAT IF: I walk into a mission, get mobbed by 3 Clan Virus Builders, only 2 are firing at me and one seeks amnesty. The are standing bunched together, like I've seen them do. So it's next to impossible to tell which one is seeking amnesty.

Actually, it might be kind of fun just to see what anybody's reaction to a situation like this would be.

But for the sake of argument, what's in place to stop this from happing? Or even, say clansmen, from killing one Omni, then immediately seeking amnesty before a fellow Omni can open fire?

Originally posted by eleetist

Sorry Mr. Bogus, but covert operations occur even when there aren't wars. Many of the missions my employer gives me to do, suggest that an important type of armor has been stolen. That the information is crucial and for this reason those that exist in these missions must be wiped out in order to protect this information. We are not at war with Clans. But we may fight against thieves. I believe you read too much into the linguistics of the mission. Missions may go on in the background, while outwardly we are playing a public relations battle. Those that oppose the amnesty and kill in defiance of it are ruining any public relations battle we have. I will continue to follow the orders of my employer, whether he needs me to retrieve a stolen piece of armor or describe a prototype gun to him. I will also continue to uphold the amnesty that is being requested from Mr. Ross.

General Eleetist
    D.A.R.C. Ops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12