Thread: 14.2 has made AO gone to the dogs.

14.2 has made AO gone to the dogs.

14.2 has made AO gone to the dogs.
    A last ditch effort by a company going downhill.
    Sorry funcom, this game now 98% sucks. previously it was only 30% bad. oh well 7 more days to a new game is brought out.

The last 24hrs I have sent bout 3 petitions, had 2 arguments with arks. 4 LD-Loops. and about 29 seperate LD's in about 6 hours. Take it easy bug has now been replaced by *Please wait for you previous attack to finish. And *please wait for your previous fight to finish... Damage has been reduced in 6 different directions from all direct/indirect combat related proffesions all but excluding Agent and MA (which only has had 4 removed)
    There is sod all to do except missions, missions, missions, lvl an alt. Then more missions.
    If there were more to do then people would spend more time doing it than sitting here infront of this horrid looking forum whinging.
    Uniques are now farmed, missions now boring, and the rest of the hunting camps that where anygood are now 25%. What else? oh yes tradeskills that don't work.
    The idea and concept behind this game is great! and it was a great game. I liked only needing to lvl at the pace I liked at weekends. Now I have to lvl all week to keep up the same pace as pre 14.2.x.
    Funcom, I stand with most of the people on this board when I say you have really ****** up this time.
    No I am not going to quit, because this game has a unique intreast. I don't say alot. but since last wednesday I am finding myself spending more time on the forums, and looking at the SWG site.

/me goes back to thinking over the account full of 60-170 characters he has, and what a wonderus waste of my effort, because most of them I have no intrest in anymore due to gamplay change (pace of a game counts for 63% of gameplay)

OK here is what im going to do. Im going to edit this reply that starts 02:14 on the 10th of June with every single but or fudgeup that I see for a coupla days

Playing Soldier:

02:14 10june
    1: Mk'ed upon meeting a chem dmg mob. he killed me, Mk did not cast. Because the doors were being opened and since 14.2.2 I lag everytime a door opens, /me sat at reclaim with MKIV Total mirror shield running. Sulking over 3.3 million lost, needed 3.4 to ding.

2: Door Lag, again I encountered door lag. only to find that my team was seeing me running into a bunch of mobs, so they followed. Lucky no deaths came about.

3: can't initiate burst although says skill is ready to be used... says previous action.... blah blah, have to wait for another 40seconds for fling to come round again.

02:20 10june
    4: Took 4 mins to zone into broken shores. Team nearly disbanded waiting for me getting back to mission.

02:26 10june
    5: Nanoskills frozen can't cast, says aborting previous nano blah blah, have to relog to resolve.

02:38 10june
    6: Cast MK whilst fighting the previous mob that killed me. The mob lag-ran away from me, by the time he comes back my MK shield is down. oh and yes he brings 5 adds with him. Great! we all zone back up and are fudged cause we still have aggro from the other floor.

02:47 10june
    7: Zoned down to try and blitz to boss room, before I even could rez in the next level I was killed. - again lag/mob bug.

02:49 10june
    8: LD'ed upon whompering from entertainment to rome. Could not logg back in.

02:51 10june
    9: oh great team disbanded. - only took me 1.5 hours to find one.
    -
    Last edited by General Capo; Jun 10th, 2002 at 03:53:56.

Get some more memory..RAM and VRAM...that fixes door lag issue...all that is AO suckign the guts out of your system..it is NOT FC's fault. You need a decent computer. I have played AO on several differient machines since the patch..some have this problem..some do not.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

your team disbanded after 2 minutes becuase you LDed??

tip - find some friends and regular team mates who understand that people go LD and zoning could take a while.

Originally posted by Warsprite
    Get some more memory..RAM and VRAM...that fixes door lag issue...all that is AO suckign the guts out of your system..it is NOT FC's fault. You need a decent computer. I have played AO on several differient machines since the patch..some have this problem..some do not.
    Well, my old computer worked quite nice for a long time, but then I stared to notice that the game lagged more and more each patch.
    Conclusion: The old req´s are not the same as current req´s, and when I uppgraded to my new computer the game run smoothly, untill 14.2 when it started to lagg at some times, or they have not added proper additional needed server power when needed. Therefore Funcom has to go through whatever they have done in the patches, and fix the problem (hopefully they already is on the problem, and is just ignoring us customers when we wonders what the hell is going on).

If patches have put heavier work on processors, it definily is Funcomes fault.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

Don't talk to me about system's.
    My machine's are just a fair bit more ample than what's required for AO.

I checked, it wasn't local system lag that was causing it. They have I think changed the way AO loads the area content...
    The latency was actualy between the server (exodus in new jersey US)and UK routers.

And no, team was fed up of waiting for the meat shields to get back on several occasions. Not just that one instance. Like I said that post editing started at 02:14.....
    Last edited by General Capo; Jun 10th, 2002 at 23:29:05.

It doesn´t have to be your system either, It might also be the server systems that are not up to speed with the new workload from the patches.

But honestly, the game got more laggy with each patch on my old machine before I upgraded big time. The system req should be increased in description big time.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

bleh

sometimes on a 400mhz... sometimes on a 2k mhz.....

Same thing... Doorlag... Cant heal.... Cant attack.... cant even zone into missions.... Does missions to full 100% then does not receive tokens.... Loosing money due to lag.... instadying..... Ghostdamage in bars.... the list could get so long.... but why rant... FC will fix this... right?

*kills herself as she tells herself that over and over again...*

Originally posted by Warsprite
    I've got a system that gets 175 frames a second in quake3 benchmark with EVERY SINGLE OPTION turned on.

I lag at at least 1/2 the doors.

FCs servers are unstable, and they have said it themselves. i am sitting at a hefty bit of technology which is getting lots of lag on AO and AO only, my only problems are a GF 2 mx card (will be a GF4 mx 440 in a week) and a 56k modem (will be broadband very soon). The rest is a P3 chip and 512 RAM.

I could run this game on PP4 'netservers' with a T3 line and still catch lag, and I don't live far from FCs servers.