Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: E N G I N E E R

135-140 ...

do u think i bothered to calculate which lvl exactly ?
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

Do engineers need help in pvp?

Maybe, a tiny little bit.

Should engineers actually be good at pvp?

No.

I'm sorry but as has been stated by someone else in this thread no single class should be good at everything. Face it, there will always be a class that is considered the worst in this or that department of the game. For pvp that might just as well be the engie.

No engineer can honestly say that he picked the class because he or she wanted to become a great pvp player. Hell even if you only read the very very disinforming information in the creation chamber you could never have gotten the idea engies would be a great class to go pvping.

Engineers make decent soloers (right behind crats imo but better than mp's considering a demon can't take an ace (except a functionnary maybe) and apparently a slayerdroid can) and are second best in tradeskills.

If you are now angry because your engineer sucks at pvp all I can say is ... tough break but as I stated before you can't have been thinking of pvp when you created him/her.

Complaining that engineers suck at pvp is imo as silly as a hypothetical atrox enforcer complaing that he has such lousy tradeskills.

It's a tough bullet to bite when you have invested so much time in a char but it is nevertheless true.

The main issue is imo that there is not a lot of fun things to do besides pvp at higher levels, which makes it double worse that engies suck at it. FC should focus on that, not on making engies a good pvp class.

Besides that engineers need one thing though, they really need some help in being a desirable class to team with at higher levels. Because they rank lowest there as well. And imo every class should be desirable in teams, but not every class should be good at pvp.

So to sum my thoughts up: Do engineers need help? Definitely, but not in pvp.

Oh, I seem to have forgotten about this one.... still an issue...

Come on... gimme Nanoresist for the pet!
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

wah wah wah, your ENGINEERS not SOLDIERS. And please, have some originality, you wanna pvp, do the ma route with slayerdroid transference and get four fists of kali and duel melee classes, you own....

Damn please, whine to get more things added to your bot or something, such as a ranged attack or mountable gun. Don't whine because you get smacked around in pvp....

Damn please, whine to get more things added to your bot or something, such as a ranged attack or mountable gun. Don't whine because you get smacked around in pvp....
    Did you read what I posted?

Nanoresist buff for the pet!

Oh, and theres obviously the need to repeat again what the troubles is as an engineer.

1. We are at the bottom of the food-chain in pvp so to speak. We dont want to be soldiers, who infact are nowhere near the top of the chain, we just want a fair and actual chance to make a kill.

2. Even trying PvP before lvl 190 is futile. Ok, maybe you can get lucky if you have lots of buffs running and you ambush someone, taking them totally by surprise in a 25% zone. If theres more than one enemy.... engineer is dead.

3. The only real chance for killing requires über-equipment and lvl 190+, and that the enemy dont have the best equipment.

4. ANY proffesion that has ANY root, calm or scare buff, can execute that on the pet with what seems as a 1% chance of failure. To this date, I have never seen anyone unable to root a ql200 slayer.

And dont come with that "Oh with transference you are soo good"-things. Granted the ATK is well above 1300, but you still miss the little GA4 smurf with all your blows. If you ever come so close to him that you can hit, since chaincasting of instaroots is the smurfs primary weapon.

And to that argument that "You are tradeskillers, not combatants": What on earth do you say to justify that the trader is amongst the very best at PvP? Undoubtly better than the soldiers, yet one of the prime fields of the trader is tradeskills? As Cosmik stated in answers to professionals report: "The engineer is only second to the trader in tradeskills". I.E. the trader is a better tradeskiller, yet they far outweigh the engineer in combat?

This isnt a whine, its a statement of facts.
    Octo - eqp

Originally posted by illphil
    I suggest you go read the Eng board. We tried all that, we have so far been given zip and counting :-)

(and that zip is everything, not just PvP)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Octo

And to that argument that "You are tradeskillers, not combatants": What on earth do you say to justify that the trader is amongst the very best at PvP? Undoubtly better than the soldiers, yet one of the prime fields of the trader is tradeskills? As Cosmik stated in answers to professionals report: "The engineer is only second to the trader in tradeskills". I.E. the trader is a better tradeskiller, yet they far outweigh the engineer in combat?

This isnt a whine, its a statement of facts.
    I don't even try to justify that But it is not because fc screwed up big time in representing/designing one class's (traders) abilities that they should 'correct' that mistake by doing the same thing w another class.

Bump, back to the top.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I don't even try to justify that But it is not because fc screwed up big time in representing/designing one class's (traders) abilities that they should 'correct' that mistake by doing the same thing w another class.
    Oh, so the proper way is to ask that everyone else nerfed then? Sorry to say... but I dont work that way.
    Octo - eqp

Originally posted by illphil
    wah wah wah, your ENGINEERS not SOLDIERS. And please, have some originality, you wanna pvp, do the ma route with slayerdroid transference and get four fists of kali and duel melee classes, you own....
    Oh the stupidity.

engie have a chance against MA?? lol i'll be lucky if i'm not dead by the time my pet gets his first hit in.

engie have a chance against enf?? lol enf hits scare nano and now its engie solo vs enf. yeah right.

engie vs adv?? Well I think a engie might have a chance here. though i don't know the ins and outs of advs so i can't make a decision on who should win.

But in any case there is no way in hell a MA or enf roughly of same level as engie or even quite a few levels lower should have any problem beating engie at all.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Exclamation lmao

2. Even trying PvP before lvl 190 is futile. Ok, maybe you can get lucky if you have lots of buffs running and you ambush someone, taking them totally by surprise in a 25% zone. If theres more than one enemy.... engineer is dead.

if anyone gets jumped by more than one person in pvp they will die.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Post Engineer vs. adventurer

Well. Adventurers can self-heal. Engineers can't.

A great advantage right there, for the adventurers.

I haven't PvPed much at all, but from what I can see, the Adv is highly likely to win against an Engineer, unless the Adv was ambushed.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I've heard that Fotik (think that's his name :P) can PvP.

I've seen Ethernal make Orbakay his ***** - Eth selfbuffed, Orb outside buffed.

Eth made me his ***** in a selfbuffed fight.

Play 'em right and you got something going for you there

play any class right with the right breed/implants/items and they can beat any other class that doesn't have the same high quality items/implants
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345