Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E N G I N E E R

héhé, thx for you support Cloudeh =)

this is perhaps true, but anyway sthg HAS to be done, our pvp situation can stay like this any longuer

adding dmg at our bot, i dunno if i would be the best solution but it would be a start
    Killdarules / Bellgarath setup (dreamsetup (lol))

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

Thumbs down

Bump. I've wanted something forever. This goes way beyond PvP, mind you -- anything new given to us should be helpful in PvP as well as in PvM, such as roots or calms (to do crowd control when 5 adds aggro me instead of my bot in a mission), etc.

And before you say "But if you get roots, your pet will go to town and I'll be helpless!" Remember Bureaucrats have roots, calms, and charms, and they have very strong pets. MPs have stuns and ridiculous debuffs, AND their pets outdamage ours when given Animas. (If you don't believe me, anyone can prove a Cacodemon w/ Anima hits much harder than a QL200 Slayer, on top of that a heal pet (to offset the HP difference, or heal the caster) and the MP's DD nanos..).

At the *VERY LEAST* something useful to a team. MPs have nanoskill buffs which teams find very useful, and a healpet. Crats have XP and crit % increases which all teams drool over. Nobody wants our auras.

I can only hope something good finally comes, so here is my bump.

--Tsk

huhuhu, i've just made a duel

daemon / droid, (buffed) my droid get owned, huhuhu

and some ppl say we don't need fix ^^

Killdarules - Engi 148

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

Originally posted by max-iic
    Irritated, first soloing 100% mission is useless and u know that

second i never say it was hard to get u slayerdroid, could have one at lvl 86 so i can't understand u argument

third, this is not true after 14.2

fourth, i m not complaining about the pvm ability of the engi which sux anyway due to the bad pathfinding

i m complaining about ===>"PVP"<===, u know the only thing to have fun at high lvl, the thing you can do in 25% zone or in the arena

Did you read the post i was responding to? (I even quoted it to make it easier)
    He said "btw it has never been possible to do 100% missions has aggro trimmer have been broken."
    I'm assuming he meant "as" not "has" and my post is perfectly valid.

Engies are the best solo profession on AO. I could do missions for items that i needed for many other characters and if i need something today, I don't play my higher lvl trader, I run around begging for mastery/wrangle to get a slayer out and solo the mission. Because of my engineer, i have never bought 1 item for over 500k off the shopping channel. Everything i need i get my self. I think this is a huge advantage. I have tried PVP with my engie and it is a joke. The bot is strong but against rooting classes, its completely a joke.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

a bot with full trimmed (ql 160) hits at 300 dmg :/ this isjoke indeed ^^

second, calm class r a way better to find items, as u said, soloing useless to get xp, only to get items, which is faster with a calm prof.

keeping control of a slayer is only possible at high lvl, and soloing at high lvl sux (took 5mins to kill a veteran and droid is owned by 3 veterans, so who can tell we r good at soloing :/)

we were good at soloing but BEFORE the 14.2 we r not anymore unless you r 140+, where soloing is useless =/

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

Easy solution to PvP

This has been suggested to feedback@anarchy-online.com some time ago. Feel free to send your own mail with this suggestion too. Only way to get things done seems to be mailbombing feedback about the same issue.

- FIX nanoresist! Does anyone spend IP on this, seemingly useless, skill? It needs to be far stronger than it is.

- Add nanoresist to all types of pets (Engineers, MPs and crats). Make nanoresist either propotional to the level of the pet, or make the pet inherit the resist of the caster.

- When a hostile caster tries to run a debuff (any debuff, roots included), a check is made between the requirements on the program and the nanoresist of the pet. If equal, theres a 25% chance for the pet to resist the program. (This value may be higher, but since we are defining the attack as the requirements of the program, the value should NEVER be above 50%. I feel 25% is a nice place to start)

- And now the important thing. For EVERY 15 seconds, that a hostile program is running on the pet, a new check is made against the same values. If the pet resists, the debuff is shed (or root broken if you like), and the pet can again move. This is crucial, since as it is now, a debuffed pet remains debuffed for the entire duration of the program. In PvP, where fights seldom exceed 2 minutes, the current system is too overpowering on the pet.

Implementing this would help making all pet users stronger in PvP, and especially the engineer that relies alot on the pet for damage. The 15 sec checks on nanoresist could also be implemented for players too. It would shift the balance of power in PvP over to an unknown profession (players would in some ways adapt new strategies).

PS: If you are a trader, please ignore this post. This is a major NERF to your far too good PvP abilities.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

A good solution...

Give us ranged bots!

With these we might actually have a chance against root classes in PvP. Slayers are huge machines, big enough to mount rocket launchers and minguns on. The bot is our main weapon, and the highest level slayer will only scratch a high level player at the moment. We should have some tradeskills or new nanos that modify the bot to suit our needs. Should be able to mount turrets on it's shoulders, and add other cool features. How about letting the bot root the opponent with suitable modifications Other players should be fearful when they enter the arena and see an engineer stood by his modified slayer...that will be the day! *sigh*

Just a few thoughts...
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

ranged bot would be fine, could perhaps also solve so pathfindings issues ^^

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

They tried making crat pets ranged a loong time ago but that turned into a mess. I doubt it will work with our pets. And I would rather them focus on the engineers themselves rather than the bots. The bots have a lot of issues to be sorted out as it is.

-Fotik
    Opifex Clan Engineer
    Not playing much until they fix us.

I heard some funny stories about the crat ranged pets though.

Would almost never attack because it kept trying to get max distance.

That said also, I agree, focus more on the engineers than the bots. Else it'll only hurt more if your bots get charmed. Unless they make pets uncharmable.

yup, i would not being killed by my own bots :/

huuhuu i know why our bot sux that much, it's to prevent them from killing their master if they r charmed ^^

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

i would prefer fc to fix engis rathen then the bot =]

Nothing coming with 14.4 :/

guess retirement is the best issue for my engi :-/

perhaps should be try to become professionals =p

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

up up up

bump this sucker back to the top where it belongs.(on top of all my spam)
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

I don't get it...SOLDIERS get something before us. What the hell is wrong with you funcom? Not to belittle the soldiers' problems but come on! We're gimped 100x worse than soldiers and have been for much longer.

yup this really sux

bah my engi is retired now, agent rulez ^^

Band of Brothers

Achiever 73%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 40%

I can imagine the kinkstaah version of the Engineer.

ALL ENGINEERS ARE GOOD, IF NOT YOU SUCK! NOT THE PROFESSION.

My bot is better than your BECAUSE it "is"

Hehehehehe!

Originally posted by fotik
    BUMP

It's time to whine and get us fixed. All we have is our bot and ourself...with our dark blue weapon skills. Our reflect sucks compared to soldiers reflect, our bots damage is just pathetic, our only light colored weapon skill is pistols, and we have absolutely no strong pvp nano's. I have petitioned about this and posted about this before, but it all gets swept under the carpet...We are going to be a dying profession soon. The only reason I'm still leveling my engineer is because I'm so close to 200 it's not worth stopping at this point. I know Funcom thinks the kamikaze bots will be our pvp savior and that's why they just ignore us, but where are they? They were promised how many patches ago? I'm sick of being ignored and I'm sick of being put off. Fix us or there won't be many of us left.

-fotik
    GIMPED 192 Engineer RK

Btw I'm not letting this thread die like the numerous others I've started

Well, you can still steal kills in pvp after someone else has rooted and brought it down to 30% hp....

Sounds familiar, FOTIK??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast