Thread: Dual Prof

Cool Dual Prof

i think it would be cool if you could have 2 profesions in the game
    with the exeption being the Agent since he/she can already FP.
    the non Agents could pic another prof that is not Agent.

Rule 1

on dual prof: pending on title level you cannot raise the dual class past your current title level meaning a lvl 100 mp cant have a lvl50 dual soldier prof. but a lvl 150 mp could have a dual lvl50

Rule 2

the total of lvls you have cannot be greater then 200.

Rule 3

you chose wich class one time only you get your ip costs from

Rule 4

you cannot dual prof into Agent and Agents cant dual prof

agrument for this: agents get to use non agent nanos, lots of other RPGs allow dual classing 3rd ed somone, it would be nice if people could stop feeling left out since the other profesions have cooler nano/options. so people will stop saying oh that other class is so much more uber then me...whaaaaa.

Impossible. Would require at least several months of beta-testing or the balance go to hell. FC have more urgent probs to fix...

just a suggestion..

its just a suggestion.
    if nobody likes the idea and its to hard to implement then fine.
    still i think that it woul eliminate the complaint that one profesion is better than another.

Sooo abusable

For instance go 199 levels as a soldier then go fixer.

Hmm you have heal over times. Mk shield roots, instant grids. Soldier hp and basically the ability to stop anybody from escaping instantly

rule 3

ok fine i see your point then lets make somre more powerfull general buffs for everyone. i just think it stinks that i loot nanos for other profs but have to pay though the nose for mine since they dont seem to drop for me

title level requirments for all items

there could be title level requirments for all items.
    i like this idea.

Unhappy If

If the professions were actually completed, balanced, and fun to play then this could be interesting (though in such a case it'd probably be meaningless). However, as it is looks like just a way for everyone to have soldier, trader or MP tacked onto their toon.

Profs have to actually be fixed first though, then it may be worth looking at, especially since they want to tack on these 'specializations' in the expansion (heaven help us).
    "The engineer profession is geared toward the creation of items and weapons. No profession beats engineers at creating robots to do the dirty work for them. An engineer may not be the strongest of all professions but makes a powerful opponent or ally by using gadgets and robot helpers."

Transcript of CHAR_CRE_29 sound in the AO character creation sequence.

"This post brought to you by TECHNOLOGY! Indistinguishable from magic since 1875."

whats wrong with that?

whats wrong with that?
    it might be fun to be a lvl 150 mp and lvl 50 soldier
    give the 150ish people something to look foward to.
    but if nobody likes the idea then forget it!