Thread: Do you want your Guild (ITEM) Bank?

Do you want your Guild (ITEM) Bank?

Hello Im Xyberviri the Leader of the Omni-Tribunal.

I recently installed the AO::Chat perl module on a Windows 98(heh yes it works and its ugly) Machine and have successfully work'd a Channel bot that can list items being held by my guilds members, Its currently in beta2.54(heh dont you love versions).

in about 1 week ill be releasing the code for anyone to use/go off with. what you do with it i dont care but you will need some of the following to make my grand Gold1.0 work:

Perl___5.6.1
    MySql_3.23.49
    Php___4.2.1
    Ability to "Make" & "install" perl modules along with the following:
    AO::Chat;
    DBI;

Now Before anyone flames me at all, im doing this out of the kindness of my heart since no one else has released this info to my knowledge, also to my knowledge No one has Released how to unpack/pack the blob data which thanks to My general Onariz, this bot can store that data.

Just letting some people know about it since not every one has the reasources to create a bot, now this bot also parses the XML data to get a member/access list of people that can use it, by default Applicants can not use it, except in the case of anarchy guilds since every one is a anarchist.

Well thats it, Just wanted to let some guild leaders know that some one is working on a solution.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Great work

hello Xyberviri

your bot is very interesting.

I don't know how bot work so, can you explaint it a little more? (need to leave a char always in game?, ...)

Greeting (and thank) for your work

Post Updates

Well, Basically its a chat bot, like omni/neut/clanbot that stores what item a member wants to give away to the rest of the guild. It works thought private tells and if your running SqlDbase it on the web you can intergrate it into your "members only" section for your members to view the list of items while off line.

now Keep in mind that I'm making this for windows 9X meaning that any person can run this bot from a pc that can Play AO.

The bot is made up of(currently) 9 files, 1 Perl Script that handles the bots connecting to the chat server, 1 Php Script that handles updating the User Database/Access list, and 7 Ascii files that handles the preatty colors it uses.

you can run a bat file that first runs the update script then the botscript which 'eventually' loggs into the chat server, just takes a couple of mins. yes you do have to make a extra char, but you dont need to join them or even level them once. you also must maintain a connection to the internet for this bot to work unless your sitting in the server farm room with the AO servers,which i highly doubt.

Im releaseing this bot under GPL for anyone to do what ever you want with it, if you give me credit then that would be nice too.

Features Currently working:
    Adding item listings
    removing item listings
    adding watch terms
    removing watch terms
    requesting the items clickable link
    Auto Updating Access list/members list

Features im working on:
    Access to bot restricted to members that are not applicants.
    Adding the status of a person when getting item info(offline/online/lastonline)
    Filtering out searchs to not show items that the person has them selfs added(this is kinda in)
    A Whos online function

There are currently 5 commands:
    add - used to list a item to the bank
    remove used to remove listing of the item from the bank
    info - used to get the Blue clickable link that to view item stats
    watch - used to add a term watch for certain key words in items posted
    stopwatch - used to remove a term watch.

They are formated like so:

/tell <botbankname> add <itemref>
    /tell <botbankname> remove <item_id#>
    /tell <botbankname> info <item_id#>
    /tell <botbankname> watch <ql_low#>-<ql_high#> <term>
    /tell <botbankname> stopwatch <watch_id#>

examples:
    /tell botbank add <True Katana Of the Loyal Samuri>
    /tell botbank remove 251
    /tell botbank info 251
    /tell botbank watch 1-200 Nano Armor
    /tell botbank stopwatch 123

here are some clippings from my bots screen that might make this all understanable, NOTE this is what the bot sees:
    Code:
    <Xyberviri> : search 1-200 armor
    To <Xyberviri>: My DataBase contains the following(10(MAX) Total):
      Battered Low-Tech Armor Sleeves QL 5 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 346
      Inferior Heated Plasteel Armor Gloves QL 7 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 287
      Battered Low-Tech Armor Shorts QL 8 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 336
      Battered Low-Tech Armor Boots QL 8 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 347
      Worn Metaplast Body Armor QL 14 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 329
      Recruit-Issue Omni-Pol Desert Armor Gloves QL 14 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 3
      Worn Metaplast Armor Sleeves QL 15 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 328
      Recruit-Issue Omni-Pol Forest Armor Sleeves QL 15 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID
      Battered Low-Tech Armor Sleeves QL 16 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 348
      Battered Nomad Armor Gloves QL 16 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 372
    Code:
    <Xyberviri> : add Premium Rider Warblade
    To <Xyberviri>: Item added Premium Rider Warblade ID# 559
    Code:
    <Xyberviri> : info 559
    To <Xyberviri>: Item: Premium Rider Warblade ID: 559 Holder: Xyberviri
    Code:
    <Xyberviri> : remove 559
    To <Xyberviri>: Removing Item 559 from Guild bank
    Code:
    <Xyberviri> : watch 1-200 nano armor
    To <Xyberviri>: Term nano armor added to watch list ID# 5 Remove this request with the "stopwatch" command.
    To <Xyberviri>: My DataBase contains the following(10(MAX) Total):
      Basic Nano Armor Cloak Hood QL 79 Held by <censordforforums>  Item ID 234
      Basic Nano Armor Cloak QL 82 Held by <censordforforums>  Item ID 228
      Basic Nano Armor Cloak Hood QL 87 Held by <censordforforums>  Item ID 218
      Basic Nano Armor Pants QL 90 Held by <censordforforums>  Item ID 230
      Basic Nano Armor Boots QL 90 Held by <censordforforums>  Item ID 238
      Augmented Nano Armor Boots QL 102 Held by <censordforforums>  Item ID 242
      Augmented Nano Armor Cloak QL 108 Held by <censordforforums>  Item ID 227
      Augmented Nano Armor Cloak Hood QL 108 Held by <censordforforums> Item ID 231
      Augmented Nano Armor Pants QL 128 Held by <censordforforums>  Item ID 232
      Augmented Nano Armor Helmet QL 128 Held by <censordforforums>  Item ID 233
    Code:
    <Xyberviri> : stopwatch 5
    To <Xyberviri>: Removing request 5
    I hope this clears some thing up, but it probally doesnt ^.^
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Cool stuff Xyber, I look forward to evaluate this. Might even need some techsupport

One feature i would use is to list your own items and see their ids. Pretend i sold my shiny helmet and wants to remove it.
    Or goofed around with my bags and dont know what i need to keep for mates and what i can sell.

Anyway item bank is a feature the guild has requested and this seems like a good way to solve it.

Note to Funcom, shouldnt this have been build into the game? Like a multiuser bank with guild reqs on it. For practical reasons 10-20 bank terms in a guild house should be sufficent.
    Shaeidar
    1st adventurer of Echelon
    Pistol maniac and loving it.
    - i ownz j00!

Talking Looks very interesting:)

hope to get a closer look soon
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

Ah... i remember this kind of bot. I ve seen it somewhere.... DAMN *smack head smack head* where was it again.. anyways its great.
    To ad items. and search for items, at ql and stuff,

didnt read the code but could you perhaps set in different areas like.

I am looking for some armor. and then go on to the armor section and search for the ql of the one i want. then a list of comes up showing ONLY armors to that ql specified.

and the same thing for melee wpns, range wpns, and so on... perhaps this takes alot of work, but its just an idea.

well,searching for armor and searching anything else is two diffrent things. See..... Armor auctually has the Word "Armor" in almost every piece, so say you wanted to find some nano armo you would search for "Nano Armor" or "Tank Armor" if im not mistaken even "Augmented%Armor" will pull up Nano Armor.

The only problem with item bank bots is that you have to know what your looking for.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

true true..

will there be anyone that will have such a bot for Omni and perhaps Neutral and perhaps Clan?

Would be helpfull... To have a database that would help us all. But we could also go the normal way, checking shop after shop.
    Perhaps the data base would be to big to handle =)

Can anyone provide a copy of the AO::Chat perl modules? Apparently it's no longer available and I wouldn't really want to figure out the protocol myself, I don't have the time to re-implement that sort of thing. :P

--
    Ah looked like some bad DNS problems with hackersquest.org, I got a copy of what I needed now.
    Last edited by Elektrica; Jul 2nd, 2002 at 21:09:04.

btw

Im still working on this bot but due to recent events on funcoms part it is hindering my work.

hers the module

http://www.xyberviri.net/AO-Chat-0.04.tar.gz
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Wonder why FC hasnt umm... one of these ingame... I mean... leave the techy stuff for the very good playerbase... let them do all work... I wonder what in hell FC are doing...