Thread: Thursday's Raid on clan outpost (rk2)

Talking Thursday's Raid on clan outpost (rk2)

hey just wanted to say thanks to the gm's that tried to organize the event. Yeah I know everyone is gonna complain that it was not perfectly organized but if you wanna show funcom that youu appreciate the effort and would like more events (with more planning in them) then please bump this up a bit.
    welcome to 1984 starting this week we are currently and have always been at war with the terroism.

War on terrorism: The act of violating every basic human right.

I know that it takes effort and planning on the part of GM's or whoever to make events happen. And I appreciate that effort. However merely making an effort is not enough to accomplish much at times.

Whoever it was that was in charge of leading the event, and the players who attempted to participate, were ill prepared. After keeping a large group of Omni players waiting in 2ok, they couldnt find their way around PM. They sent everyone running off after them to the east of 2Ok, to some supposed clan outpost. They got out near the zone boundary, then realized they didnt know where they were going. A further wait ensued. They then told people to head for the clan castle down near Omni 1. After we arrived, and a large group of clanners had arrived to the south and inside the castle, we waited for some time before being given futher instructions. Once we were told to charge the castle, to which the event leaders did not know where the enterance was located, we were immediately told the operation was a success, and over. Appearantly a group of clanners had been led there as well, and I have no idea what they were told. Probably that they won as well. We were not given any explanation, no thanks for showing up, no notification that our efforts were appreciated.

Perhaps I am selfish, but I think events should include more than leading me, my guildmates, and a much larger number of other Omni players on some pointless jaunt around PM only to end up being able to swamp a few mobs that are present all the time anyway. If there in nothing we can take part in/interact with, how can it be a worthwhile event?

i was scouting during this event for omni, and made my way over to versailles tower after ppl started complaining we had been led the wrong direction. sure enough one of the omni commanders was there meeting the entire clan force in front of the castle. after we finally got all our forces there omni simply intermingled with clan as they headed for the entrance. then a message "we have the item, lets go home" or something like that and we head back to 20k, where the gm's poof. sharkoid then appears in trade for like 5 minutes offering a few thanks then poofs as well. if i didnt have prior experience with the Sharkoid event chain i would have been totally clueless as to what the hell we were doing. a couple sugggestions for the event leads for next time - (1) give ppl locs of the action (like after assembling at 20k say "we believe he's being held at versailles tower" and let ppl that know the place lead the way there as well, not just the way back home as i was asked to and did after the event was over. . .and (2) always hold a "conclusion" so that not only we can know what the result was, but also ppl and catch up on what was going on if they joined in the middle. just a little more clarity will go a long way in these events. I too praise FC for the effort now on RK2, and i think our turnout on both sides helped to prove that RK2'ers actually do want and like events