Thread: conceal in pvp is FUBAR

conceal in pvp is FUBAR

i mean come on, if ur hidden or not to other players has absolutely JACK **** to do with perception or concealment.. its just random. sometimes u vanish and sometimes u dont.

ppl with 90 percep can see ppl i cant see with 400 perception.
    ppl with 100 percep has no problem seeing ppl with 1100+ conceal.

any comments on this ? any other players experience the same ?
    Novice Bare "Xthril" Lotto
    Super agent man

Roosevelt "Muchopain" Babilonia
    Bad Boy Yardie

yes, it is fubar'd bad. i hav 885 conceal and still can be seen by lvl 20 toons..at least it works sometimes (not like nano resist).

Tell you the truth though, i don't think i want it made any better. I think it works just fine the way it is because this is way more fun.

last night in MMD i saw Nallepuuh sneaking around in 25%. I'm not totally brain dead and on any other occasion no way in hell would i attack him but wait a sec i have 885 conceal hehe. so i decided to 'sneak' up to him and try to aimed shot him w/ my newly ipr equiped bow.

BAHAHAHA funny thing is, he was watching me sneak up on him ! we could see each other and neither of us knew it. to me that's not bad, that's pretty damn funny. i don't care about title, i care about having fun, and when Nalle shot me down with his whatever it was (nova or something) i was ROFLMAO. that was a blast.

well if they gonna implement it they should implement it working..
    its like every time someone goes into sneak mode its totally random if u vanish or not.. its has jack all to do with perception and conceal. beeing seen by lvl 11 chars is NOT fun for a lvl 160 agent heh..

sigh..
    Super agent man

Bad Boy Yardie

Sneaking and Invisibility

First off id like to say ive tested this while doing ipr and with 5 different second parties(as well as a 3rd in a few instances)

If someone(1) sucsesfully sneaks and disapears(lets say 1 has 2000 conceal) and someone else(2) canot see them(lets say 2 has 6 perception);
    If 2 zones then comes back he can see 1 even though he still sneaking.
    If 2 runs around a corner or just out of the line of sight of 1 then back in the line of sight he can see 2.
    If 1 is out of the line of site of 2 and sneaks then becomes in the line of site of 2, 2 will always see 1.
    If 1 sneaks then zones to the same zone as 2, 2 will always see 1.
    If 1 is in a PvP countdown and tries to sneak 2 will always see 1.
    Ok now lets say 1 has 200 in conceal and 2 has 200 in perception.
    If 1 sneaks sucsessfully and dissapears from 2. 2 will not be able to find him with the search button.

I tested this while doing ipr with skills rangeing from conceal skill 40-2000; and perception skill from 30 to a little over 1000

This is how it works with my char and the charicters i tested it with. And a few unwilling participants that a ran and rezoned to see.

Is this how it was intended to work?

Newarival(june5-7): can u see me now?
    Newarival:can u see me now?
    Gunandahalf:yes
    Newarival: can u see me now?
    Tomahawk27: yes
    Tomahawk27: can u see me now?
    Yatima: can u see me now?
    Newarival: no ill zone and try..brb
    Newarival: yes. now i can
    ....and on and on....

looks totally random to me
    Super agent man

Bad Boy Yardie

i think the hole thing is just dumb. being able to "sneak" on sumone should just boost ur def or evades or sumcrap not completely make u unable to attack them. and im getting REALLLLLy tired of lvl 3 ppl running around....... Blah tried to vanish but was unsuccesful........ its getting old.
    [ Russel "Sentak" Neblett | 200 Clan Doctor and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Schifter" Schwag | 50 Clan Agent and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Jostle" | 1 Clan Shade and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ QL 200 Implant Service!.. "You design 'em,... I do the rest!" ]