Thread: Call for justice!!!

Call for justice!!!

Please take a minute to hear my story and share your comments.

Teamed of 6 of us entered the redeemed dungeon in Pen redeemed temple to farm for tier2 parts. We been doing so for about 1 hour and struggled to farm for some parts. Then, comes along a whole guild of neutrals who claim that they were there first....

Knowing that we could not overpower them and they would not listen to reason, we let them be and continued in another direction to farm for the parts hoping that we could co-exist since they would not hear to our claims. After some time, 10-20 of them had gathered. All was viewed from my f6-map overhead view.

I had to use the map overhead view to avoid adds on our team as we were small. Along came a white dot and began pulling mobs with obvious intention to train our team as he pulled them from dead-ends. As i was tanker, the train came unto me and killed me instantly. I could have pulled the mobs onto his bunch of people but I'm not the type. During my aftermath, a team member managed to id the person and found out that his name was *****.

A name which i will not forgot in a long time....I pmed him and asked him why did he train us? Apparently he was smart enough and kept avoiding the train issue as he knew i could screen save the confrontation and get him punsihed. He said he was finding for his teammates which obviously wasn't true cause he would be using f6 overhead map and not go to dead-ends or pull mobs to jepordize his own guildies according to his defence.

As a paying customer like any other, how can we tolerate such incosiderable acts and arrogant attitude when confronted?

Does the strongest always survive? Is it fair? Do people join big guilds just to bully others? Please share your logical comments on how to deal with such people. I'm sure everyone has had an encounter once in their AO lifetime....To be fair i will not judge the guild by one childish, ignorant and arrogant member, i am at peace with the rest of the guild members only ******.

As for ******, i would want the heaviest punishment dealt swiftly unto him with account termiantion if possible...a temporary ban would only make him laugh out loud knowing that he could do it again and again if he wanted to. If he had wanted to prove something he should have done it in the arena if you asked me. Cause anyone can be a trainer, it doesn't take any skill to be one...Only the brain of a kid waiting to burn in hell for his sins would have done it!

{Edited by Bekrowe: Please no Names}
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Jun 5th, 2004 at 21:24:32.

well, this will be edited to hell and back, and then warped, maybe even closed.

but that's stupid that people do that. why? dunno, it's fun for them, maybe. and you should talk to the guild leader about the problem.

Folks we don't post names or accuse others. If you are having problems with player please use the petition system, or email support@anarchy-online.com
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

While I don't know what guild it was that did this to you I find it rather that it was one group of Neutrals. Assuming that this was on Atlantean I know my guild happens to be the largest Neutral guild that would make any raids to that dungeon. I also know that no raids have taken place for Tier 2 lately. Just currious if this event actually took place of if it was a failed attempt to drag someones name through the mud. Either way I don't really care and I don't condone such actions.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Quite unfortunately, there is a definite griefing problem in AO, as there is in many games that allow for multiplayer interaction. Deliberate trainers, killstealers, verbally and visually abusive types, gankers and all manner of disruptive, nasty, childish types run roughshod over the more mature, cooperative players on a regular basis because we, the ones who practice good gamesmanship, have no real recourse against them and they are quite aware of the fact.

The official stance in cases like yours is to immediately begin logging and petition an ARK using /petition disruption <name> is training mobs in <x location> please help. (or some variation listing name of griefer and the fact that its disruption so that an ARK can respond appropriately), and to, if possible, contact the leaders of the griefer's org with a complaint on their conduct.

HOWEVER, this is often far from effective, as ARKs get a lot of petitions and usually can't get to yours before the griefer has either gotten you killed, gotten bored and wandered away or just gotten bored with making your play experience miserable. Often the miscreants have been kicked from many orgs for their behavior and don't fear that kind of reprisal, or worse, belong to an org whose leaders couldn't care less about their org's reputation. So you are left with no satisfaction and the griefer goes on perpetrating his or her crimes on others and being a detriment to the game. Such a pity, yes, but a fact of life.

As Wheeler said, I find it INCREDIBLY disturbing that you mentioned that the offenders were all from a neutral org. Most of the neutral population of Atlantean is highly respectable and some of the most helpful and likeable players of high level I know are neutrals. I highly doubt that the offenders belonged to Circle G, as I happen to know most of CG's highlevels and have never seen or heard of them carrying on like a bunch of 13-year-olds playing atroxes the way you are describing this incident.

My advice in times like these is to follow the officially recognized steps of reporting the offense to ARK and org leaders (but don't hold your breath) and then using word-of-mouth to warn your friends and orgmates away from the offending parties. Keep it off the forums. It will only get you slapped on the wrists yourself, as FC doesn't permit any negative or accusatory statements about another player using their names (and that is far easier for them to enforce than the punishment of real griefers).

My condolences. Welcome to RubiKa.
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

One of the main reasons for all this griefing is that the griefers usually go unpunished.

There needs to be a crackdown on these types of people. ARKs and GMs are limited by a long list of rules, one of which is that they need to witness an event to punish a griefer. The number of times this has happened is approximately zero, as most griefers suddenly turn into upright citizens the minute they see a green name.

This, however, does NOT prevent us, the players, from taking action. We need to compile a list of these people and absolutely HERETIC them. No tradeskills. No teaming. No selling OR buying. They'll either quit or try to solo their way through the game (good luck). AO is a great game, the best I've ever played, and I'd hate to see these little scumbags bring it down.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Originally posted by Anualken
    One of the main reasons for all this griefing is that the griefers usually go unpunished.

There needs to be a crackdown on these types of people. ARKs and GMs are limited by a long list of rules, one of which is that they need to witness an event to punish a griefer. The number of times this has happened is approximately zero, as most griefers suddenly turn into upright citizens the minute they see a green name.

This, however, does NOT prevent us, the players, from taking action. We need to compile a list of these people and absolutely HERETIC them. No tradeskills. No teaming. No selling OR buying. They'll either quit or try to solo their way through the game (good luck). AO is a great game, the best I've ever played, and I'd hate to see these little scumbags bring it down.
    I fully agree Anualken because there is no point in petitioning in this case as it is a lost cause. Wat do you people above think that the offender is most likely to say? Will he plead guilty??? C'mon use your brains for once!!! When confronted by a GM/ARK, he'll probably stick to the same story which was looking for his guildies....It would be the best story to avoid getting punished. Obviously, this guy is a professional at doing it.

As for orgs, I am not targetting any org as i already mentioned in my original quote. I said that i am at peace with them, so wats there to be so protective about one abusive member, i'm only trying to narrow down the fella because i didn't even take note of the guild name. So there is nothing to be jumpy about all you neutral, omni or clanner generals.

By the way, isn't this game supposed to be for adults only? I assume so, because subscription is by credit card which has certain requirements to apply for one. So i take back that this is the work of a kid, it is the work of a full grown concious playing evil doing adult!

As this game goes, it's role playing. These are the very people who are obviously lacking something in real life and can only live out what they lack in this game. Eg. 'Big Guns' :P

Bump for issues that needs some addressing.

What we need is a /ignore_account command

To be able to ignore one character is one thing, but with such a command, no matter how many new characters the griefer makes, they will all be on the /ignore list.

About keeping a griefer list....
    Who would keep such a list ?
    My advice would be, keep your own list on your org website.

Big public lists is a big mess, what if some name is on the list, the d00d quits the game, and some newbie rolls up a character with the same name ?

I used to play another online game, Asheron's Call, and we had alot of the same problems.
    At one point there used to be a list of known theives, but a few people ended up on the list, even though they did nothing wrong.

And while we are on the subject, the OT OOC chanel could use a moderator, the amount of bad mouthing going on there is sad.
    *bliz* *meep* *looks cool*

Malarcaja was born on June 12th 2004

What i find quite funny, in this unfunny mess of a situation mind you, is that if the small group would have been the neutrals, and if the big group had been omni/clan, It would be an everyday occurence. I can already hear the :

"Blearg. Choose a side or deal with it"
    "Wow. This is exactly the reason we are fighting the omnis/clans. Care to join us?"

It's become to common for noots to get abused upon, we've taken pride in our whipping boy status, and made it into a status symbol! Think about that when you comment.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

FC gives us no recourse

Having been harrassed in tells for over a month by a player that was unhappy w/ me because of my race. I petitioned over 5 times. Luckilly for me the person finally talked his racist smack in a public channel.

The bottom line is this. We are not allowed to do anything about a player that harrasses, kills steals, trade steals, trains, etc. Support or Arks 9 out of 10 won't do anything unless you know someone. You can't bring your complaints to the community unless you do it in a OOC channel. At which point you'll prolly just get flamed. Think of Anarchy Online as just that, anarchy. Yall are looking for order in a game named anarchy. Go figure.

If someone wants to pay the monthly amount of cash to be a real jerk to other players, funcom is just fine w/ that. As long as they pay.

Have fun editing.
    The Tooth is out there

Basicly what they can do is get you unstuck and ban duping/money exploiting people anything else they can't prove so they do nothing.