Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clans and Neutrals: Restoring Neutrality

Originally posted by Naefen
    I am appauled from your discussion techniques. Before we can all really talk about things I suggest you take a long hard look at yourselfes before you once again start bad-mouthing everyone else.

Simple fact is.
    Omni Tek have gained a better relation with Neutrals through sheer cooperation. We, as a company, are far more able to work with and deal with the Neutrals than the 1000 minded Clans.
    Amen Naefen, I like your style pointing out obvious, undeniable facts. It's not surprising to me that clanners stop being objective and resort to the same old anti Omni-Tek trash talk.
    Servatis a periculum - servatis a maleficum

And the world spins by with everybody moaning, p***ing, b****ing and everyone is sh***ing
    On their friends, On their love, On their oaths, On their honor, On their graves,
    Out their mouths and their words say nothing

Yeah, especially when you push them under your thumb like you did in Newland? OT has been using the Sentinels to typecast all the Clans in your media.

The neutrals of Borealis and scientists of Jobe have already had good tastes of "better relations with neutrals".

As we invite them to team and commerce in our main city I'm sure the difference will become more and more apparent.

Especially since all you Omnis posting here are obviously are threatened and feel you need to lash out at a project for Clans to have better relations with neutrals. It certainly isn't neutrals' best interests you have in mind when doing that.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

If they Sentinels were the only faction in the clans we would have removed the omni Threat by force already
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

LOL, I'd love to hear how the Sentinels would remove Omni-Tek and neutrals all on their own.

Topic for another thread though maybe?

Sentinels remove Omni-Tek and the Neutrals?

Woo...that's a good one. Kind of doubt it there, Kranden old buddy. They barely have 3/10ths of the Clan vote and certainly are powerful, but they ain't all THAT.

Having said that, I am beginning to see that I am glad that a lot of people are beginning to support the Sentinels and their attitudes towards Neutrals. I've seen more Neutrals with Omni-Tek than I have with Neutrals, so I think that your distinction should be removed. You are no longer Neutrals. You are a new faction all of your own, with a political agenda (Omni-Tek's agenda perhaps). You should be treated as a combatant on the battlefield and shot on sight if found near tower battles. Once you wear the "sided" armor of one side or the other, you should be removed from your Neutrality and placed with the side that you clearly support.

I no longer want to see Neutrals at our raids with the scumbag Warr group, nor anywhere else. Go play with your Omni friends. The sandbox they play in is further south. You know, down there, where all the of landscape looks like someone took a big...well never mind. When I see them in our Shadowlands gardens, I wonder...why aren't you with the Omni? I guess that doesn't hurt us since you have to save somewhere, and to maintain that positive Redeemed faction you have to kill some of my enemies. OK, I'm fine with that.

But, I am tired of having to figure out where a Neutral stands. Do I need to launch an intelligence mission to figure out what said Neutrals are normally doing every time they log in? I have neither the time nor the patience. If Neutrals want to be treated as such, they need to act Neutral, and that means ALL of them. Out of the conflict. As far as I'm concerned, I'm now a supporter of the Sentinels until such time as I can see a change in the overall workings of the Neutral Faction. I wasn't before, but you can bet I am now.

And Neutrals, not that I give a damn how you prostitute yourselves to the Omni-Tek juggernaut for "nice treatment", but when the Corporation's attack hounds kill your citizens, and Clan does little but shout a lot, and you STILL side with the Omni against Clan instead of maintaining your neutrality as you say you do...well, what can I say to that? Get your brain implants checked and overhauled. Something is causing some major malfuctions to occur up there.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

You seem to have misunderstood me. The Sentinels are too understaffed to launch an assult directly agaisnt Omni-Tek. I ment if every clanner was a Sentinel. But as they say it takes all kinds. Political, Radical, or whatever, we all are brothers in arms.

Indeed the Clans probably do have the strength of arms to destory Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka. We pushed them back to Omni-1 before when we negotiated peace.

The problem is what then?

Rubi-Ka is the only planet of the Clans, but one of many for Omni-Tek and most of the hyper-corporations would love to come and destroy the Clans if they could have the planet's resources for themselves.

This is why the Sentinel mentality is shortsighted. It also does not look at the greater conflict of the Omega masterminds behind Omni-Tek and their agenda.

The Sentinels would have us be at war with the rest of humanity forever, thankfully they are the only major Clan which holds such a view.

I said Omni Tek didnt go there to kill civilians and I still stand by it.

I am certainly not lashing out blindly at your attempt to gain better standings with the Neutrals. What I am doing is telling you why we, Omni Tek, have a better relation to them now.

Seems to me that because I am saying we have that relationship due to treating eachother fairly you feel that you need to lash out at me and my fellow brethren of the corp.

And offcourse someone just have to start talking about the mighty Sentinels who would kill all Omni Tek if given the chance.
    What a huge pile of ****.

The landscape down south looking bad? I agree some areas dont look all that good but far more areas look beautiful. Our cities are clean and tidy in a fashion we like. Up North to there are both bad and good areas prettywise. Its just something I have to comment on because this is the kind of argumentation techniques I find the most ridiculous. Finding another reason to hate the opposite faction in the geographical landscape they live in. Maybe you havent seen enough of Rubi Ka?

And just to make it perfectly clear. I hope the Neutrals stay Neutrals. I hope they can find a way to have the same relationship with clanners and Omni personell.

But lets face it. A Neutral showing up in war with Omni and clanners against eachother is very likely to be shot from anyone on either side. Because you never know who they support then and there.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I said Omni Tek didnt go there to kill civilians and I still stand by it.
    maybe you didn't go there to kill civilians, but statistics don't lie. For every OT employee I saw who wasn't shooting neutral citizens, I saw 13 who were. You are part of the 7.7% minority, and yet you claim your views represent the whole.

And offcourse someone just have to start talking about the mighty Sentinels who would kill all Omni Tek if given the chance.
    While the Sentinels love to make threats against neutrals and Omni-tek, you have to admit they've never invaded our cities and killed all the citizens. I can't say omni-tek has shown the same restraint.

Originally posted by Keldros

maybe you didn't go there to kill civilians, but statistics don't lie. For every OT employee I saw who wasn't shooting neutral citizens, I saw 13 who were. You are part of the 7.7% minority, and yet you claim your views represent the whole.

While the Sentinels love to make threats against neutrals and Omni-tek, you have to admit they've never invaded our cities and killed all the citizens. I can't say omni-tek has shown the same restraint.
    One Very isolated incident that was carried out by some people that actually cant be said to represent Omni-Tek.

Like clanners loves to say, many clans do not represent clans politics nor standings.. Those involved in those action taken the bloody days in borealis IS NOT in any way representing Omni-Tek politic.
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

That is because each Clan has the freedom to represent itself, Omni-Tek organizations are merely part of a whole organization which does have power over its organizations.

and if you're not attempting to sabotage Clans' relations with neutral, you're trying to PR yours up to a decent standing with them?

Thumbs down

Thoes ommers

Originally posted by Keldros

Oh, please. Regardless of the actions of those Omni-Tek employees who were (or deliberately travelled to) Borealis at the time of the incident, most Omni-Tek employees were not in Borealis. Your observations of the behavior of those OTRK employees who were there, however rigorous and statistically sound, cannot be extended with any validity to suggest the opinions or likely behavior of the vast majority of OTRK employees who were elsewhere.

OTRK is composed of individuals and those individuals come in all flavors, as do the individuals making up the Clans or calling themselves Neutral. Some of them, from any of the assemblages, will be unprincipled opportunists. In the absense of any appropriate data, Naefen's opinion about the motivations of Omni-Tek as a collective entity bears just as much weight as yours. At least OTRK's stated policy is not anti-Neutral, which is more than can be said for a plurality of Clan.

Most OTRK employees may be murderous thugs, but none so far has taken a pot-shot at me, and some have been very kind to me (as have some Clan members). I'm not about to go running into their arms, but I'm not eager to stir up a shouting match with them either. There are too many other more pleasant things to do.

Kyyth you werent even there at the time i bet.

Originally posted by Sallust
    That is because each Clan has the freedom to represent itself, Omni-Tek organizations are merely part of a whole organization which does have power over its organizations.

and if you're not attempting to sabotage Clans' relations with neutral, you're trying to PR yours up to a decent standing with them?
    You think you know so much about Omni-Tek yet you are wrong... All individual Omni-Tek grouping has it own president and we choose to follow our Great leader Mr. Ross much like many clammers chooses to follow CoT.
    As a clammer you are in no position to think you know about our structure. You may Think how it is like, but you can never know like we know.

I can assure you Sallust, that my standing with neutrals are far more than decent. Im sure i have helped neutrals far more than you and your organisation. Not only helped them with education and assisting them in military powers but monetary as well.

You are a pilgrim, right?
    Well i suggest you keep wander Sallust since you dont have a clue.

((OOC: Just a reminder, still RP:ing.. i know i sound harsch against Sallust, but it is just RP:ing - just clarifying once again))
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

Originally posted by Sallust

I dont need to PR our/my standing with them Sallust. We/I have good standings with them. And I dont think this incident you and Kranden so proudly were present at will change our good relation to the Neutral community.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Mrevil

You think you know so much about Omni-Tek yet you are wrong... All individual Omni-Tek grouping has it own president and we choose to follow our Great leader Mr. Ross much like many clammers chooses to follow CoT.
    So, you are saying that as an Omni-Tek employee, you are not bound by the rules and regulations set by the OT Board. Thats news to me, but thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, allthough discussing Clan vs OT is allways interesting, this was originally a post about Clan and Neutrals, so remarks as the one I wrote above, are a little off topic.

With that said, what I miss in this discussion is any word from Neutrals with any interest in improving relations with the Clans, and how they see this done.

The fault most clanners, any many neutrals, make are that they think we in Omni Tek are regulated and governed in everything we do.
    This is completely and utterly wrong to perceive. We are free people also only we have decided to abide to the laws of this planet.
    And yes, before you say it, we have rougue elements in Omni Tek also. But we have a legal system who persecutes and punish these rogue elements. We have a system who tries to reestablish these elements into our society again.
    OmniTek actually wants to be your friend. Just dont break the law. OmniTek wants to stay friends with the Neutrals. And those inside OmniTek who do not follow that moral code will be watched closely and made aware of what theyre actions should be like towards the Neutrals. If they continue to assault and lessen our standing with the Neutrals they will be punished.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

[B]The fault most clanners, any many neutrals, make are that they think we in Omni Tek are regulated and governed in everything we do.
    This is completely and utterly wrong to perceive. We are free people also only we have decided to abide to the laws of this planet.
    I wish I could believe that Naefen, I really do. But last time I checked Omni-Tek was still an interstellar corporation, and not a democratic ruling body.

But, you and MrEvil make some interesting points. You see yourself and your organizations as free corporations or branches, supporting Omni-Tek, but not ruled by it. Maybe the faction sign of Omni is no longer valid in your opinion?

When it comes to Neutrals maybe some of the challenge we face is much the same. I have allways regarded neutrals as one faction, one of people trying to stay out of the conflict between Omni-Tek and the clans.

This changed, in my opinion, with the Notum War. This war over resources have involved the neutrals in an entirely new way. And it seems to me that the old factions we grew up with, are becoming ever more fragmented. For good or for bad?

Just had to edit in a bit

The more I think about your choise of words, the more I have to wonder. Maybe it isnt the neutrals becoming more OT friendly, but rather OT corps no longer regarding themselves as OT employees?

Or as I used to say. In every Omni there is a clanner just waiting to get out!
    Last edited by Warzell; Jun 17th, 2004 at 14:19:04.

Originally posted by Warzell

I wish I could believe that Naefen, I really do. But last time I checked Omni-Tek was still an interstellar corporation, and not a democratic ruling body.

But, you and MrEvil make some interesting points. You see yourself and your organizations as free corporations or branches, supporting Omni-Tek, but not ruled by it. Maybe the faction sign of Omni is no longer valid in your opinion?
    You see.... this is where you misunderstand me Warzell. Or I might have explained myself clumpsy. I apologize for that.

I never ment we are only supporting OmniTek. Nothing like that at all. I know OmniTek is a corporation.

I shall try and express myself clearer this time.
    We loyal employees of OmniTek corp follow theyre rules/laws.
    What I am afraid you,clanners and Neutrals, believe is that these rules/laws tells us employees where to go, what to eat, where to sleep etc etc etc. None of this is true. That is what I mean about us being free people.
    We are free to take assignments for the beloved corp or to settle down in one of our beatifull cities making a life with a family. Its a community with OmniTek profiting from both soldiers and civilianz. Hence the corporation wants to make sure we are well taken care of. You think OmniTek pushes us around? No they dont. OmniTek wants us and needs us. Thats why they have created this place for us.

Many of us are here for the profit only. Many of us are here because this is our home. But make no mistake, all of us are here for OmniTek. And we want to keep what is ours just as hard as you want your so called "freedom". A "freedom" witch we can describe the both of us at a later time. Im sure we will disagree greatly on that one my dear adversary.

PS. If anyone should ever doubt my dedication for OmniTek and the fact that I am a Disciple of Omni-Tek isnt enough then maybe you dont know enough about us Disciples.

((00c: Guys this has been a great thread Love the discussion we got going here. But its getting watered out for me so I hope Sallust starts another thread soon If he doesnt I might and we all know how ugly that would turn out.....))

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast