Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clans and Neutrals: Restoring Neutrality

Clans and Neutrals: Restoring Neutrality

Over the months there has been a lot of increasing hostility between various Clans and Neutrals. Part of this is understandable with the Sentinels Clan trying to aggravate Clans against neutrals and Omni-Tek agents and mercenaries pushing neutral forces into an aggressive stance with Clans.

While some neutrals like ICC are naturally hostile to the Clans because of their corporate leanings, most neutrals and Clans have very positive historical relations.

While Clans and Neutrals will retain their differences regarding the Rubi-Kan conflict, Clans have respected neutral desire to be independent from Omni-Tek in the past. Clans built the neutral whompa network and Newland city was once a stopping point between the Clan capitol of Tir and the Clan major city of Old Athen. Somehow it has just become a merchant center to a large Omni-Tek strike force using Newland to reach into Clan lands and attack Clans. Neutral lands have become in large part shut off to Clans while Omnis had free access and somewhat vice versa.

Neutral reporters have been hostile and spewing inaccurate facts about the Clans, while some organizations side exclusively with Omni-Tek in the tower battles. Likewise many Clans have gravitated to a more anti-neutral stance because of these actions. As seen in the Sentinel support in the Council of Truth, banning of neutrals from the most popular Clan raid bots, and refusal to allow neutral reporters and observers into either chamber of the Council.

If things continue to deteriorate there will be no such thing as neutrals, but merely expendable pawns of Omni-Tek until they absorb neutrals entirely as the "corporate citizens" they already claim you are. Clans will stand alone in the universe without support we vitally need to survive and thrive on Rubi-Ka. Both sides may imperil their very existance!

I ask that the two sides come closer together. The Clans largest and most active city welcomes Neutrals. Clan Vanguard runs shops that neutrals can use, Clans seeking teams for missions will often accept neutrals, and together we can build important ties to restore mutual respect and closer political ties to each other.

I ask for more ideas to improve relations between Clans and Neutrals. How would you see both sides brought closer together?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Neutral reporters have been hostile and spewing inaccurate facts about the Clans...
    They are neutral reporters. Remaining objective involves telling the story how you see it, as opposed to it being ran through Omni or Clan spin merchants first. Just because they've indulged in some anti clan sentiment doesn't mean they have any less right to freedom of speech. Or would you prefer they simply exposed Omni-Teks flaws to the world and conveniently ignored any su****ious Clan activities?

While some organizations side exclusively with Omni-Tek in the tower battles.
    If true, then presumably said organisations can no longer be recognised as "Neutral", surely?

If things continue to deteriorate there will be no such thing as neutrals, but merely expendable pawns of Omni-Tek until they absorb neutrals entirely as the "corporate citizens" they already claim you are.
    So if Neutrals remain objective and have their own opinions (which occassionally might clash with the Clan political line) they're eventually going to join Omni-Tek? Not me.

From personal experience, I have had several successful collaberations with Clan members, usually in the spirit of adventure and exploration. I've experienced none of the hostility you speak of, except for one occassion which I believe to be the exception rather than the rule. On that occassion I judged the individual on his own merits, instead of condemning the Clans as a whole. I humbly ask you do the same for those of us who have chosen neutrality over conflict.

((OOC: Still new to the game, please forgive and point out any hiccups, thanks!))
    To obey without question is to serve in ignorance.
    The Hawk hovers overhead, ever the opportunist. The Wolf pack howls obstinately in the woods. And the Jackals prey on us all.
    "You doubt the wisdom of Epicine. Thou art a B*tch." - Epicine.

(Writing as my Omni alt)

Neutrals. Ha! Lawless mercenaries would be a more appropriate term. They have even less right to be on Rubi-ka than the Clans. I know Mr. Ross refers to them as employees but most independents choke at that statement. While I don't personnaly have anything against those that live their lives and just want to be left alone, too many of the so called neutral population are involved in hostile acts against the corporation one day and try to be your buddy on the next. I'll say one thing for the Clans, at least they had the guts to tell the neutrals where to go!

Katelin Ganzer
    Intelligence Officer
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Ghostjaguar
    Remaining objective involves telling the story how you see it, as opposed to it being ran through Omni or Clan spin merchants first. Just because they've indulged in some anti clan sentiment doesn't mean they have any less right to freedom of speech.
    Anti-Clan sentiment? more like anti-clan lies.
    "Sentinels win CoT election by landslide" as an example. Then neutrals wonder why there is such a backlash in the Council against neutrals?

Terra Firma and the Knights Clan have almost as much support and definite majority was not Sentinel aligned. Yet the whole Council is maligned by the main neutral reporting agency. When the results of the first meeting were public info.

Or would you prefer they simply exposed Omni-Teks flaws to the world and conveniently ignored any su****ious Clan activities?
    Seems better to me than doing the opposite.

If true, then presumably said organisations can no longer be recognised as "Neutral", surely?
    That would be nice, but nothing forces these so-called "neutrals" to move to the Omni-Tek system. These mercenary neutrals are in complete collaboration with Omni-Tek and the Clans know it and it breeds hostility.

If Clans simply attack these "neutrals" it breeds hostility as they fight it out and unless the real neutrals denounce these groups publicly then how are Clans to tell the difference?

Each group needs to perform a bit of self-policing and reaching out to each other. Otherwise Omni-Tek will succeed in turning the neutrals colonies of Rubi-Ka into just a second class omni-tek employees used as cannon fodder in a war against the Clans. Take a look at Newland to see where things are going.

Lets work to bring each other together. Neutrals, the Clan's main city of Old Athen welcomes you with open arms and we hope that you'll come and benefit from our shops and missioning teams.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

It really isnt necesary to comment this but I simply must.

The Neutral Society are not and will never be a second class Omni Tek. The fact that many Neutrals lean more towards Omni Tek than the Clans is simply because in us they find a friend that respect theyre beliefs.
    The Clanners have more or less a "if your not with us, your against us" point of view. This is not at all the case with our beloved corp.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Katelin:
    While we have Omni-Tek to thank for the technology that brought us to this planet, surely that doesn't mean we are symbiotically tied to the corporation for the rest of our lives. I'm not on the OT payroll last time I checked, nor do I intend to be.

Sallust:
    If Clans simply attack these "neutrals" it breeds hostility as they fight it out and unless the real neutrals denounce these groups publicly then how are Clans to tell the difference?
    Then these "neutral" organizations need to be forced to declare their true allegiance as opposed to using neutrality as a convenient shield to hide behind. Then we can all see where everyone stands.

Otherwise Omni-Tek will succeed in turning the neutrals colonies of Rubi-Ka into just a second class omni-tek employees used as cannon fodder in a war against the Clans.
    Unless Omni-Tek have some kind of perfect brainwashing technology, I'm not going to fight and be sent to reclaim for them.

((Edited due to misnaming))
    Last edited by Ghostjaguar; Jun 8th, 2004 at 16:09:34.
    The Hawk hovers overhead, ever the opportunist. The Wolf pack howls obstinately in the woods. And the Jackals prey on us all.

(writing as Omni alt)

Any employee is free to leave the corporation. When they do so it means they loose the right to use corporate property or tresspass on it. It is only through the immense goodwill of the company that our executives gave the Clans right to live on our land. Of course, that agreement was signed with a defunct governing body and declared null and void. So get off the company's land and live elsewhere or join the company that will welcome you with open arms.

Katelin Ganzer
    Intelligence officer
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

If I remember correctly(*), the rights over Jobe and the portal to the Shadowlands are still in dispute between Omni-Tek and JAME...from a personal point of view isn't it a little bold to order someone off of land that you don't technically own?

So get off the company's land and live elsewhere or join the company that will welcome you with open arms.
    An ultimatum. How novel. Save your corporate recruitment speech for someone who cares.

(*Nothing I can find online suggests otherwise, but I'm willing and ready to be proven wrong. )
    Last edited by Ghostjaguar; Jun 9th, 2004 at 13:21:05.

(As my Omni alt)

I'm talking about Rubi-ka. OT holds the lease. While I don't claim to be a stellar law expert, one would think the lease to the planet would include the airspace above it. And if you noticed from an earlier statement, I said I've no issue with those that actually ACT as a neutrals. JOBE scientists fit this bill. Unfortunatly many do not.

Katelin Ganzer
    Intelligence Officer
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

As far as i see it, for every Five Nuetrals there are Four Omni-Tek Employees.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Such hostility against Omni-Tek Sallust...
    It sounds that even though you claim that you are a neutral you and have in your mind allready joined clan.

There is a reason why most neutral chooses to assist Omni-Tek insteadt of clanners.
    Omni-Tek is your friend.
    Many realise this and chooses wisely.
    Omni-Tek furthermore do not have the attitude be with us or be an enemy.

And of course neutrals should Not have any insight in CoT, that would be laughable... Would be like having a bunch of neutrals running around at Mr Ross board, simple put - wont happen.
    For such insight, you do have to choose a side.

I see an infection between clans and neutrals in large, but that is your problem to solve...
    However have one thing in mind.
    Omni-Tek is your friend.
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

Originally posted by Mrevil
    Such hostility against Omni-Tek Sallust...
    It sounds that even though you claim that you are a neutral you and have in your mind allready joined clan.
    Maybe you should check who Sallust is...I've never heard him claim to be neutral either.

There is a reason why most neutral chooses to assist Omni-Tek insteadt of clanners.
    Omni-Tek is your friend.
    By and large, most Omni organizations are friendly towards us. However, even though we have issue with the clans regarding the Sentinels, they don't bring armies into our cities to kill civilians the way OT did in Borealis five months ago.

Many (but definitely not all) have apologized since then, but you have to question whether you really want to trust someone who charges into your city and kills everyone in sight, and then claims he was protecting the people he killed. While the claim they make that a few incidents of friendly fire will happen are true, they do not justify killing nearly 100% of the population.

((doh.. yes, sallust is clanner...., dont know why i somehow made him to neutral... even though i met him several times... oh well))
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

Originally posted by Keldros

By and large, most Omni organizations are friendly towards us. However, even though we have issue with the clans regarding the Sentinels, they don't bring armies into our cities to kill civilians the way OT did in Borealis five months ago.

Many (but definitely not all) have apologized since then, but you have to question whether you really want to trust someone who charges into your city and kills everyone in sight, and then claims he was protecting the people he killed. While the claim they make that a few incidents of friendly fire will happen are true, they do not justify killing nearly 100% of the population.
    Well, im sure it was mostly renegades... and if it wasn´t then im sure it is up for investigation...
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

Congratulations on that lil speech Sallust. However you missed out to say that we, the servants of Omni-Tek, eat lil children. Don't you fear your reputations going down the drain by preaching those foul lies? About neutrals gonna be absorbed and used as cannon fodder in the war against the clans shall they dare to sympathize with Omni-Tek.. heck, I guess Mr Cipher pointed it out best:

There is a reason why most neutral chooses to assist Omni-Tek instead of clanners.
    Omni-Tek is your friend.
    Guess that says it all. Amen.
    Servatis a periculum - servatis a maleficum

And the world spins by with everybody moaning, p***ing, b****ing and everyone is sh***ing
    On their friends, On their love, On their oaths, On their honor, On their graves,
    Out their mouths and their words say nothing

If you insult Sallust again I will be shure your my next thing I will see though my scope.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

I'm unsure whether your threat was addressed at my direction as you, the loudmouth you are, tend to threat everyone that don't share your point of view with a bullet. So thats the only way you know of how to solve problems Kranden, yes?
    However, this isn't about insults but my mere observation that Mr Reineman just lowered and debased himself with his cheap speech telling them neutral citizen to stop sympathizing with us.
    Servatis a periculum - servatis a maleficum

And the world spins by with everybody moaning, p***ing, b****ing and everyone is sh***ing
    On their friends, On their love, On their oaths, On their honor, On their graves,
    Out their mouths and their words say nothing

Originally posted by Kranden
    If you insult Sallust again I will be shure your my next thing I will see though my scope.
    Thats the attitude i talk about that clammers generally has...

Words ends and hostility starts...

Is it general attitude of Genesis members to be The pilgrims puppets? Just wonder.

You my friend is the one that makes threats here Kranden... As usual, i suspect empty ones.

However that was not what we was discussing before, i still hold steady of my former statement that Paxcorpus cited.

Regards.
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...

I can assure you that Genesis is no one's puppet. This would contradict the freedom we so desperately seek. But I can understand that Omni-Tek employees might be more familiar with the concept of being a puppet .

As for the neutrals, I too have seen an unexplicable change in direction. I suspect some "neutral" organisations of having close ties to certain Omni-Tek departments. Personally, I think some are really Omni-Tek personel that went under cover to try and sway the sentiment of the neutrals against the Clans, but I have as of yet not found any evidence of this.

But I can assure you, if these su****ions prove to be correct, these organisations will no longer be regarded as neutral and they will be treated just like any other Omni-Tek department.

Sallust started out and tried to bring peace between neutrals and the clans... He asked for ideas how to bring two parties together in friendship, yet, as usual Omni-Tek jumps in and tries to cause havoc.

While we have peace in mind, OT tries to break it, by whatever means neccessary. And it is OT who see neutrals as "with us or against us", the majority of clans, those who have an important word to say in the council, still think that true neutrals are our friends, and it doesn´t matter if we have any contact or not, we are totally ok with them wanting to be left out of this conflict.

The header of this letter reads Clans and Neutrals, so please OT brainwashed propaganda herolds, stay out of this. It only shows the neutrals what you are really up to.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast