Thread: 14.2 - Mob LoS bugged ?

14.2 - Mob LoS bugged ?

*There have been added a line of sight checks to MOBs' perception check in mission dungeons. This means a lower chance of being detected by MOBs in other rooms when sneaking in missions. Aimed shot should therefore work better now.

-----------------------------

Just did a level 129 mission, had the brown cave with the fireplace in the main hall. This is what happened ...

I entered the mission and while still standing at the entranceway where I had zoned, 3 Rebooters from inside the main hall went aggro on me. They were green, so no problem, I dispatched all 3 at the entranceway itself.

I start to move slowly towards the doorway of the main hall and just as I reach the door, a Programmethief came rushing at me from OUT of the left wall ( ... the stretch of wall aligned with the fireplace ... the one that has a long corridor behind it leading to at least 3 rooms).

So yes, this NPC came from one of the rooms, crossed the corridor and came through that fireplace wall and into the main hall. So where is this new Line of Sight for the mobs working in this situation??
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

bumping for ...

... the mystery of the LoS loss.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean