Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The OT Rubi-Ka Diplomatic Commission

Originally posted by Kranden
    By the way Mr Evil. I personaly know the agent who you are talking about. I helped him convert into Nuetrality when he was an Omni-Tek Employee. Oh and he is in Omni-Tek again.

((OOC: PWNED!! :P nice job tho Mrevil :P))
    That isnt any news that really interest me, however if it feels good for you - im pleased.
    This information do in no way put the whole situation in any other view nor do it make it any better since that agent WAS in shattered dream when he went rampage.

((OOC: PWNED!! .. Nice effort tho Kranden :P))
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

Originally posted by Mrevil
    Sometimes, young one, there has to be planning done and those plans have to be done with a great precision, nothing hasty can be affordable. Thus a vacation was really nessecary together with other leaders. And you will know sooner or later, that Omni-Tek is what protects you from Dust brigade.. We have the means to battle them. And we will.
    Judging by events in Borealis the clans have done a considerable amount of work to help us deal with the Dust Brigade, while Omni-tek openly supports the Dust Brigade. If you don't like that assessment, maybe it's time you took another look at your "friends."

Nor do you see any evidence of punishments made upon clanners doing wrong against you... Simple answer, classified but Dealt with.
    You have no idea how far you are from the truth here. Most clans I've dealt with respond within days, and in a way that is very easy to verify.

Maybe the diplomatic commission proclaiming to be supportive of neutrals and against the Dust Brigade would like to get Omni-Tek to make an official response to the Council of Truth then?

Rimor Emergency meeting discusses Crash and Brigade

Regarding the Dust Brigade the Chamber voted to issue the following statement:

"The Council of Truth condemns the cowardly acts of terrorism commited by the Dust Brigade, both in the past and in the recent days. There mere fact that they were striking out against Omni-Tek does not change the fact that they are a common enemy of every civilized man on this planet, be it a clansman, neutral or employee of Omni-Tek.

The CoT has not supported and will not support the Dust Brigade. The are considered terrorists and will not find a safe haven within clan territory. The CoT does not have the power to decide on military actions against known DB installations and personnell but the repelling of the attack on Athens last week has shown that clansmen are standing united against this threat.

As long as Omni-Tek propaganda brands Dust Brigade as a clan, they will continue to fuel the flames of war within their own ranks and will help Dust Brigade accomplish their goal of spreading war and violence on the planet. Even though Omni-Tek has claimed at various times that Dust Brigade is funded or supported by the CoT, the Sentinels or other clansmen, they have failed to provide any incontrovertible facts to prove their claims. It is our firm belief that such vile acts should not be exploited by means of propaganda. We strongly urge Mr. Ross to stop these lies as it will work to escalate the conflict that is already on the verge of a planetwide civil war.

Despite the differences between the factions, our only chance to win the war against the Dust Brigade terrorism is to stand united against terror threats. It is a threat against the freedom of everyone and everyone is called to fight it." The Chamber also issued a followup statement asking all "neutral" forces to join the Clans against these terrorists and insists that Omni-Tek launch its own attacks against the Dust Brigade in non-Clan territories.
    So far the only response we've seen to Dust Brigade attacks from Omni-Tek is to frame the Council of Truth without evidence for pretext to an illegal invasion of Tir, kill neutral citizens in their cities, and respond to attacks by attacking clans in their cities.

Your actions speak much truer and clearer than your words.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

I'm out of this bashing keldros is acting.
    Cause I know I'm right.
    And.. I'm bether then him. Cause I'm higher level. I'm soo much more ubahr. I r eleet!

Anyway.. Regarding Sallust asking for an Omni-Tek response.

While I am a President of an Omni-Tek organization neither of my responses are in anyway a offical response from the whole of Omni-Tek.

I don't really have any statement to make regarding the accusations either,...

Only thing I've been thinking about lately..

Maybe I've been dug into my office too long..

But what ever happened to Sol Banking Corp? Why did they get so quiet while Dust Brigade got more and more active?
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

Originally posted by Banishedsoul
    I'm out of this bashing keldros is acting.
    Cause I know I'm right.
    And.. I'm bether then him. Cause I'm higher level. I'm soo much more ubahr. I r eleet!

Anyway.. Regarding Sallust asking for an Omni-Tek response.

While I am a President of an Omni-Tek organization neither of my responses are in anyway a offical response from the whole of Omni-Tek.

I don't really have any statement to make regarding the accusations either,...

Only thing I've been thinking about lately..

Maybe I've been dug into my office too long..

But what ever happened to Sol Banking Corp? Why did they get so quiet while Dust Brigade got more and more active?
    What are you trying to do here? You are avoiding a clear statement about the Dust Brigade actions and furthermore try to get a rival of your beloved corporation into this conflict?

The only thing OT has achieved so far is to put oil on the fire of war. Accusing everyone of spreading terror and fear, while the truth is OT is using every little rumor (or intentional lies) to heat up the conflict.

As far as it concerns the Dust Brigade we should join forces and put an end to the terror. Rogue OT members shooting innocent neutrals during a Dust Brigade attack will not help to put an end to this conflict.

I find it weird that OT is always first accusing the Dust Brigade being sponsored by the Council of Truth.
    Well, what I learned from the past is, that the one who is shouting "Treason" the loudest is the one who has the most to hide.

Trying to have a biased view it can seem very convinient to have the Dust Brigade attack all those neutrals. And may-be OT installations. Who knows what really happened? Maybe an OT project that went terribly wrong and is now attacking everyone on sight? "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust"... who 'found' those letters? If you are fan of conspiracy theories... well, here´s the food for your hunger.

For every action there will be a reaction, so beware OT, it is still time to discuss this in a civilised manner. The Dust Brigade is a threat to us all, and we should eliminate it together.
    Last edited by Xtraav; Jun 15th, 2004 at 22:55:34.

Originally posted by Banishedsoul

But what ever happened to Sol Banking Corp?
    Oh, I've seen them around a bit lately. They've mostly been wandering around Borealis looking like they were lost, but I'm not sure whether I should give them directions.

What I really wonder about is whatever happened to Sol Baking Corporation...I could really use a good pie.

Unlike Clan organizations, Omnis do not have the freedom to make decisions for themselves Xtraav. This is the disadvantage to Omni-Tek, at least these days unlike during the early Clan rebellion they're allowed to speak their mind.

It is obvious many within Omni-Tek fear and dread the Dust Brigade. However they must follow their leadership and their leadership has not allowed attacks at the Dust Brigade while allowing attacks against neutrals.

However, OT leaders can pressure their own leadership and if they really see the Dust Brigade as a primary threat like they say they do it... then they should act on it both top and bottom.

As for the Dust Brigade and Sol Banking connection, it is very plausible. Dust Brigade operates out of the Outzone and has very well trained and equipped commandoes of their own equipment. Obviously they've got major backing outside the Clans and Omni-Tek. They also are easily able to infiltrate corproate ID networks because they can pose as Omnis better than any Clan agent and they can infiltrate Clans at the same time just as well better than any Omni agent.

Now what few know is that early technology for Clan independence including the basis for our identification networks came from Sol banking before they attacked Clan and OT alike.

All of us have a vested self-interest in keeping Sol Banking involvement out of Rubi-Ka. Last thing any of us want is a third front in our war preying on both of us.

Thank you Sallust. You managed to get my point out exactly.. So I didn't have to get misinterpreted again. As I might be a man who says his meanings before he thinks. And often get my head chopped off because of that.

As I said I got no real influence on the whole of Omni-Tek view on the DB attacks and alike actions. I can only speak on behalf of myself and my organization. And we don't have atm as influence as we used to.
    So that does not make it any easier for me to try to come to solutions.

I don't like Xtraav coming here to almost assault me. As I said I've personally never attacked any neutral that didn't first show aggression towards Omni-Tek personel and installations.
    And I try to make the organization have the same view. And I believe I'm succeding.

But if im not mistaken I wasn't even on Rubi-Ka during these incidents there was talked about. I was on a secret mission in another solar system. I cannot go into detail since it was indeed top secret. Benefiting for both my organization and Omni-Tek as a whole.

I'm here now. And I'm not about to start digging up stuff that happend in the past. I'm here to work for a bether future... Wasting valuable time on nitpicking at these issues are in no interest of mine.

I'm not trying to lay blame on someone else.. If I was i'd say that Simon Silverstone is the mastermind behind the Dust Brigade.. But I'm not.. I'm rationally trying to find out who is responsible for these attacks, and doing what I can. Which may not be a whole lot. But it IS the best I can offer atm.
    So please take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.. I have no interest in them.

I want to get to the bottom of these. And Sol Banking sounds like a good place to start. They have financial strength to finance such a thing. And they claim they got a reason for it.

We saw in the first Dust Brigade attacks that they didn't seem all too alike the first Dusties. For starters they didn't wear helmets and etc. But people seems to have forgotten it.. What makes it say these are the original dusties.. What if there is just some group (Sol banking is a prime suspect imho) copycating the dusties to get us all to argue. (To kick back since we once threw them off RK with their businesses)

Also.. a thought strick me.. While we are talking conspiracies, who's playing who and etc. Why is it that Dustbrigade Commanders drop armor that can only be worn by clan affiliates.
    I doubt Omni-Tek would run around with such things..
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

Maby i should have used that mind control technology... true that its a horrible weapon of war... but it might have ended this.

((OOC: yes this realy did happen the blueprints for the information were used to save Lightswifter ect ect. Big moral delema and they finnaly convinced me not to use this as a weapon of the sentinels))
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Sol Banking used to supply the Clans with just that type of weapons and armor during the early Rubi-Kan wars before we helped fight them off the planet....

I postulated off world sources like the SBC as being the backers of the Dust Brigade a long time ago in another byline in another paper, and there hasn't been any real evidence one way or another regarding it. Now as I understand it, there was a raid in Dust Brigade territory yesterday, but I have heard no reports of the outcome or any of the intelligence discovered. My understanding is that members of the CoT were actually doing the raiding, but I am waiting for confirmation of this.

The mere fact that the CoT decided to do some kind of raid on these scum's territory without notifying others angers me to the core. None of us were even aware of this happening until I was hearing the reports of it on a secure communications channel. If the CoT representatives continue to act in this elitist manner, they will find fewer supporters. Communication is paramount here and so is the proper personnel to do the job. Keep it up, you leaders, and you'll find me retiring.

Now, as to the question at hand...just who does Mr. Stroud represent? Since when did Phillip Ross make him a plentipotentiary? The answer, of course, is that he most assuredly has not. Mr. Stroud is a low level functionary with an axe to grind, and he is a provacateur because he wishes us all to believe that they speak for Omni-Tek as though they had diplomatic authority. Well, he does not.

Nor does any other Omni employee that contributes to these debates. Now, there ARE clan leaders that sit upon the Council of Truth that post here, and they DO sit on governing councils and make decisions for Clan governing. But we all know how Omni-Tek works. Phillip Ross calls ALL the shots. You Omni employees just carry out orders. So you can give up the notion that you actually NEED the brain you may or may not have in your head. Just be the functionary you were hired into the Corporation to be.

The links to my original theories are here.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

To: Mr. Joshua Crime
    RE: Your recent application

Dear Mr. Crime,

Upon recently reviewing applications for the position of Commissioner of the OT-RKDC, I noticed amongst the resumes a series of essays regarding the Dust Brigade, submitted by you. I am left with just one question. Why? Just... just WHY?!?

Are you trying to apply for the position but confused by the hiring process? Is this some kind of prank or practical joke? Is it some kind of post-post-modernist-futurist-pastist popart statement among the clans? Are you simply insane?

As the popular marketing slogan for Miir Fashion goes, "I don't understand. What are you trying to say?"

Upon reviewing some of your other comments, I can assure you that the RKDC has been extended full authority by OTRK to execute it's duties as described above.

Sincerely,

Administrator Jacob Stroud

P.S. A word of advice: if you wish for the clans to be taken seriously in any regard, it would behoove you to refrain from interfering with internal Omni-Tek matters in the future.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Mr. Joshua Crime.

I would note that YOUR Clan is a member of the Council of Truth. As such your being informed or not informed is a matter of your Clan's internal policies and nothing to do with the Council of Truth. There are no secrets from any member Clan, so I would be asking why any information would be kept secret from you?

Those who choose not to be apart of the Council of Truth also choose not to be aware of what is going on with the Council of Truth. The Council has no obligation to inform Clan, Neutral, or Omni of any internal decisions even though it may choose to do so. Whether it is good policy or not is irrelevant since the Council is a free entity and not a servant to Omni-Tek, ICC, Jobe or non-member Clans.

Wow

That was such a bizarre response by Mr. Stroud that I fail to have an answer ready just yet. Except for the fact that Mr. Stroud probably forgot to take his daily supplements of "Omni-Tek Is Your Friend Brand Happy Workaday Pills". Phew, if you're leading something, I feel sorry for the led.

As for Sallust, it is true that MY current organization is a member of the Council of Truth. As to my not being informed, it was made as a mention more to MY Clan leaders, not to the CoT as a whole. The internal workings of the CoT are none of my affair, as they rarely actually DO anything (my opinion). It is most assuredly NOT good policy to strike out in secrecy against a hated foe that has dealt us much damage in the past and continues to do so. Yet another beef against the CoT by myself. We, the unwashed rabble of Clan, do enjoy being represented here by the CoT, but start doing things like this where the higher people are not informed and are not allowed to take part in operations where we all know we could be a major boon, and you'll find inner support being drawn away from yourselves and towards a more active approach like the Sentinels. At least I know they'll do SOMETHING. The elitism I see by the current sitters on the CoT (my organization included) doesn't sit well with me at ALL. I'm not a potted plant.

I guarantee that the representatives of every Clan is informed of what is going on if they choose to be.

It is not however the councl staff's job to do the informing of every clan member of every clan for them, nor to get involved in inner-Clan politics.

You Mr. Crime are definately sadly misinformed as the the state of affairs in the Council. I do not know why, but it is also once again not the Clerical staff's job to inform every person on Rubi-Ka what the Council is up to.

It is ridiculous for the Council to try and reach every single Clan citizen out there with information. It is not possible, so we have simply made certain that every Council representative has access to all Council plans through meetings and our gridsite.

As for not taking enough action, the primary action has been forming less than 2 months ago against the opposition of organizations like Clan Sentinels. You can certainly expect more to happen in the future.

Well, of course I am "sadly mistaken" by the goings on of the Council. No one from the Council actually says anything about what they are doing. Your notes could be published for all to read, but they are not. There is no reason that they should not be, other than the majority of the Council are turning into a bunch of elitists that lord the fact that they have become governers over our heads without due representation or notification of their actions. Simply put, it should be a part of the job of the Council to publish its workings (unless they are deemed overly sensitive and could cost lives by revealing, and maybe not even then).

I think the Council would be "sadly mistaken" (I love it when you get so personal, as to impune the nature or quantity of my intelligence) if they think that they will have support for such snobbish behavior and to further such nepotism will become a sore point to those of us that have interests in what goes on in "our names". The current structure is not representative at all. The current council members are organization leaders and are not required to report their findings to us.

Of course, that always leaves me to find another organization which to reside in, which is certainly within my power to do and wouldn't terribly hurt my abilities on this planet, since I'm a worthwhile addition to any organization and bring much knowledge, ability and dedication to futhering the org's abilities. For that to be spoiled by the shortsighted and questionable activities of the governing council is more than just unfortunate.

To do anything less is undemocratic and certainly unrepresentative. Which are words that I use to describe the Omni way of thinking. I don't want to see these terms ever used to describe Clan activities.

All representatives have access to Council meeting logs. That is due notification and representation.

As for making them available to the public, I see no reason too. Council business is Council business and the Council can decide just fine when it wants to make something public.

You seem to expect all the work to be done for you. The Council already has a greater lack of security than it needs in my opinion. Shall we invite the Dust Brigade to listen in while the Council representatives make plans against it?

If you don't like that, then you should urge your Clan to ask for logs to be made public.

The ones you call "elitist" are all the chosen representatives of every member Clan. That is a rather large elite, and I find it amusing since every representative of the Council is chosen by member Clans.

Maybe you're misguidedly trying to accuse the clerical staff of something?

Anyways, is it perhaps telling that you choose a thread about Omni politics for this? I hope this isn't some blind way of trying to tear down the Council. Of Omnis, Neutrals, and Clans. The Council is the only democracy (representative). It is also the only one which informs even its own members what is going on.

I suggest that if you want to continue your line of attacks, you at least start a new thread. I think you should also invited your Clan officers and representatives to participate since you're attacking them.

Gah...

Simply put, I'm not accusing the Council of any wrongdoing. What I am saying is that the activities of the council can be made available to trustworthy people within the respected organizations. And no, I'm also not making swipes at any of you personally, but I am making a point about being not informed by the Council itself. Including my org. It's true that you yourself have no responsibility to inform me or any other non-Council member. It's also true that the council seats that my org has doesn't have to either. But you and they SHOULD. You don't think so. I think we can leave it at that. We clearly disagree entirely on nearly every point made here.

However, do not question my allegience or my loyalty again, because it is not shakable, nor am I. And since you seem to want to bat your authority around and point fingers at me for merely wanting to be informed of goings on within the Council, then so be it. You'll do it without me. Good day, sir. We'll have no further dealings in any way, shape or form.

The activities of the Council are made known to representatives let me assure you.

You also contradict yourself, do I have an obligation or do I not have an obligation to inform each and every clanner of what is going on? Shouldn't members have some obligation themselves when every effort is made to keep them informed?

As for authority, what authority? The Council is a democracy and the only authority one can oppose is that of the will of the people in the Council or the rights of the minority.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123