Thread: Event log: Omni/Neutral Rally at ICC HQ

Event log: Omni/Neutral Rally at ICC HQ

[OOC:

This is a logfile of the event with some(not all) of the comments designed to disrupt the event edited out.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the replies/disscussions on the previous thread where the rally announcement was made.

/OOC]
    ----------------------------------------------
    Logging started on May 28th somewhere around 22:00 GMT

[Vicinity] Eternalforce: Get yer butts up here!
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Fieldmd is Swiftmind coming?
    [Vicinity] Cyani: snickers
    [Vicinity] Marcai: smirks
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Whats so funny?
    [Vicinity] Cyani: Oh nothing
    [Vicinity] Fieldmd: No she is not. The Director has some busy work that she must do. I think she said something about responding to 21 comments on her annoucement.
    [Vicinity] Cyani: looks away from Kithraks headgear
    [Vicinity] Alienwarez: omg is this roleplaying ?
    [Vicinity] Alienwarez: i hate that
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: [omg, is that a noob? go screw yourself]
    [Vicinity] Alienwarez: ahaha
    [Vicinity] Alienwarez: roleplaying starwars nerd
    [Vicinity] Marcai: laugh
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: [go pvp flag yourself and come back to roleplay a terrorist]
    [Vicinity] Yarko: me wonders why they play a MORPG...
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: [you're playing the computer game too, geek boy]
    [Vicinity] Bananabread: whats going on here?
    [Vicinity] Alienwarez: carefull !!
    [Vicinity] Fieldmd: (( why do we give people like that attention? ))
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Just a small Omni/Neutral rally, information meeting.
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: [because it's fun]
    [Vicinity] Sammydavisjr: didn't see it on the infinite circle site events section
    [Vicinity] Sammydavisjr: I just checked earlier today to
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: This isn't IC, trooper
    [Vicinity] Sammydavisjr: SIR YES SIR
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: It was announced a week in advance and on the general event calenders.
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: nods in approval
    [Vicinity] Demenzia: slightly raises ehr eyebrows
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: Well, lets get this show on the road, Administrator. Some of us got things to be doing...like shooting Clanners
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: I suggest ignoring Alienwarez before we start, do so now.
    [Vicinity] Yarko: now, now...
    [Vicinity] Daewen: I concur
    [Vicinity] Demenzia: slightly shrugs
    [Vicinity] Barbile: tosses the spent cig off to the side.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Is everyone here?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Anyone else on their way?
    [Vicinity] Barbile: Lets just get this over with, Kithy.
    [Vicinity] Demenzia: briefly smiles to Frida
    [Vicinity] Cursewalker: looks to Barbile, motions down the platform
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: You make it sound as if you're forced here.
    [Vicinity] Halvfrida: stares back.
    [Vicinity] Barbile: Forced, no. Impatient with suits, yes.
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: Hey now, Houston is a good crat...not as stuffy as some I've met.
    [Vicinity] Cyani: Says the Jarhead
    [Vicinity] Marcai: is back
    [Vicinity] Cyani: snickers
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: gives a small woohoo at the tower announcement.
    [Vicinity] Barbile: My thoughts exactly, mage.
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: blinks
    [Vicinity] Daewen: Regardless, we're meeting to discuss the Sentinels with the whompa to Tir some 50 yards away. We should get on with it.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Ok, we'll start.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Thankyou everyone for responding and coming to this Omni/Neutral Rally.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The reason I've called for this gathering today is to disscuss the implications of the Sentinels reciving the most support of any Clan in the newly reformed Council of Truth.
    [Other Pets] Sammydavisjr's pet, Restite: Commencing the healing process now, master.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The Sentinels have openly expressed their hostility towards Omni-Tek employees and Neutrals alike.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: They have clearly stated that they wanted to instigate a war with all non-Clanners on Rubi-Ka.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The Sentinels have recieved the most clan support of any other member Clan within the council.
    [Vicinity] Barbile: pulls a pack of cigarettes from an inner pocket.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The Clans have thus far refused all attempts to establish contact with them.
    [Vicinity] Chirnovnik: politely sneaks in
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Right now the Council of Truth is heavily millitant and this is a threat to the safety and stability of Rubi-Ka.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Neutral citizens, even you are not immune from the wrath of the short sightedness of Simon Silverstone and their Sentinel 'vision' for Rubi-Ka!
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Omni-Tek's leadership are slow to respond to a crisis.
    [Vicinity] Barbile: glances around the growing crowd, taking subtle mental notes while dragging off his cig.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Or recently at the incident at Hope, led by incompetent directors.
    [Vicinity] Cursewalker: close uhuff
    [Vicinity] Foxferal: smirks
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: glances out of the corner of his eye at the Clanners
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The Neutrals were forced to 'retaliate' against the Sentinel's aggression by hiring Loren Warr and her hired thugs.
    [Vicinity] Cursewalker: draws pistols
    [Vicinity] Mastablasta: adjusts some settings on the Cyberdeck...
    [Vicinity] Daewen: Children. Behave.
    [Vicinity] Halvfrida: gathers a small glowing orb of nanobots in her palm, just in case.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Thankfully, Omni employees and Neutrals worked together in a united effort to finally remove them from Newland City and push the NLC Council to form the militia you have today.
    [Vicinity] Foxferal: pulls out a cigar and lights it slowly, inhales the smoke, and exhales it with a grin
    [Vicinity] Demenzia: just casts a brief scornful glance, then abck to Kithrak
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: I am concerned for the safety of Neutrals with the Sentinels regaining power within the new Council of Truth.
    [Vicinity] Cursewalker: holsters pistols, hearing his comm bark a command
    [Your Pets] Kithrak's pet, Omni and Neutral Rally Here: That command does not compute.
    [Your Pets] Kithrak's pet, Omni and Neutral Rally Here: No sequences initiated.
    [Vicinity] Cyani: Kithrak if I may?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: I am concerned for the safety of Omni employees that only want to go on with their lives.
    [Vicinity] Halvfrida: releases the gathered energy and the nanobots vanish from her palm without a trace.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Yet the political climate within the Clans do not promote future stability and may have dangerous consequences.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Yes Cyani?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The Clans have complained long about 'Omni-Tek' oppression. But have they even once tried to improve the lives of anyone but themselves?
    [Vicinity] Cyani: Well.. most Clans.. claim to support the Sentinels only in their stance against Omni Tek and the security they can offer and not so much the stance towards neutrals such as myself.. I understand that any support at all for Sentinels is not good for peace on Rubi Ka.. how does Omni Tek or lets narrow it down to you .. think of this?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: At least we can say with honesty that people from Omni-Tek have tried to push for efforts that benefit everyone!
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Can you clarify?
    [Vicinity] Mastablasta: gruphs mockingly
    [Vicinity] Foxferal: nods at Marcai
    [Vicinity] Cyani: Well for instance.. many claim the strong sentinel supprt is a knee jerk reaction to the fear of Omni Tek.. and not so much the hatred of Neutrals
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: I dont know about Houston, but I think that anyone that supports the Sentinels can't possibly mean well, even if it is fust for 'security'...even though I don't see how anyone can feel secure with those Clanner thugs around.
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: [*fust=just]
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Maybe Cyani, maybe not. The Clans have a selective memory. They remember only the things that make them look good.
    [Vicinity] Cyani: nods
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: For example, up until recently this so called 'Notum Wars' have been overwhelmingly in favor of the Clans.
    [Vicinity] Daewen: Mr. Houston, may I say a word?
    [Vicinity] Mastablasta: cracks his knuckles
    [Vicinity] Halvfrida: gasps when she hear the word "notum"
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Omni-Tek citizens merely wanted to co-exist and live on with their lives when the Clans want to conquer all private Notum mining.
    [Vicinity] Foxferal: takes another calm sip on his cigar and adjust his shades
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Only very very recently have Omni-Tek somehow found the strength to regain their wits and resecure what was forcibly taken away by oppressive Clanners.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Yet they are now crying afoul about Omni aggression!
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: They have forgotten it was they who have blanketed most of Rubi-Ka over Notum mining rights for far longer.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Go ahead Daewen.
    [Vicinity] Daewen: I believe the Administrator's point is that the Sentinels are a threat to us now only in Tir. The weakness of the clans is that they are disparate. But if they were to unify--especially behind the Sentinels--then they could take the front away from Tir and push it back at us. I was a neutral once. I lost my family to their aggression. The important thing here is not to focus on all clans but the Sentinels. If the clans rally for peace, there can be peace. If tehy rally behind the Sentinels...then there will be war such as we have not yet seen.
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: Well said!
    [Vicinity] Daewen: And like it or not, the first place they will take that battle will be the neutral territories between them and Omni-Tek.
    [Vicinity] Maxah: *cough* [Tower Battle Outcome] Notum Wars Update: Victory to the Clans!!!
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: That correct Daewen, and is one of the major concerns in having a Sentinel/millitant Council of Truth.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Can any Neutrals visit Tir? Have the Clans done anything notable? No to both.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The Clans care little about the Neutrals and their lack of effort to help improve Neutral's position on Rubi-Ka reinforces it.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Look back at your history, you will see that there are those within Omni-Tek that auctually are working towards peace and increased Neutral recognition.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Can the Clans claim the same? No!
    [Vicinity] Mastablasta: coughs
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: They can only cite historic acts of aggression or the foolish orders of a few Omni-Pol commanders.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: When was the last time any of us Omni employees present here oppressed someone?
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: I think I oppressed a leet a few days ago...
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: snickers
    [Vicinity] Mastablasta: counts his fingers and seem to come to an agreement with himself after 4
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

[Vicinity] Daewen: Quick, someone hide Eternalforce
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Yet for all the Clanner's vaulted values of freedom they gladly kill all of us merely for being non-Clan.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: What kind of freedom is 'you can be free only if you're a Clanner'?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: This applies to the Neutrals too...sadly.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The Sentinels take a very dim view of everyone else. Such a self-centered ethic has NO place in the future of Rubi-Ka.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: That is why I have called for this rally today to include Neutrals, to extend my assistance in informing you of the need to prepare your defenses.
    [Vicinity] Daewen: Mr. Houston, another quick word?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: This is not a threat, but if the Sentinel favoring Clans suddenly decide that they would like to vent their bloodlust on the Neutrals first, you may not have the resources to defend against all of the Clans.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Yes?
    [Vicinity] Marcai: is afk
    [Vicinity] Daewen: I think we might want to avoid stating that no Clans have ever helped neutrals. I'm not sure that can be shown. This isn't about us against the Clans. some of the Clanners here have helped me in the past, or their organizations have. The important thing is the Sentinels, not the clanners. We cannot standby while the Sentinels gain power, but we also have to beware of acts of agression that may polarize clanners behind the sentinels. Bring peace to those who want peace; bring war to those who want war.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: smiles grimly
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: glowers
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Daewen, I have been trying to bring peace to Rubi-Ka for over two years.
    [Vicinity] Mastablasta: hehehehe
    [Vicinity] Mastablasta: well said, Daewen
    [Vicinity] Foxferal: nods and smiles
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: One man can only acomplish so much.
    [Vicinity] Daewen: I understand that sir.
    [Vicinity] Daewen: My parents were pacifists. They believed in peace that way.
    [Vicinity] Daewen: And the Sentinels slaughtered them just the same.
    [Other Pets] Sammydavisjr's pet, Restite: Deactivating...
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: I am genuinely concerned for the safety of the innocent in this conflict that have gone for far too long.
    [Vicinity] Cyani: I believe most neutrals are aware of the dangers we face.. often being a target for aggression.. from mild attacks as being labled as fence sitters.. to more threatening often labled as terrorist (NLF withstanding) Until Clan and Omni settle their differences.. We as neutrals see no end to this and simply try to make our way here on Rubi-Ka as anyone else..
    [Vicinity] Daewen: I hate Simon Silverstone more than any other. But I don't hate all clanners because I know some who want peace. If we can seek peace with some clan organizations who might help against the Sentinel threat...
    [Vicinity] Chirnovnik: slips his Omni cloak over his clothing
    [Vicinity] Diablio: Thanks
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: Let the ones who want peace return to Omni-Tek. They're still rebels, in case everyone has forgotten.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The millitant Clans have a majority and their ambition to 'free' the rest of Rubi-Ka wether we like it or not may post a health hazard.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Omni-Tek leadership are slow to react or choose poorly qualified directors to do so.
    [Vicinity] Halvfrida: ((Move = more))
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The Neutrals lack a unified defense against any large scale aggression.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: There are those of us within Omni-Tek, that are organizing a civil defense of sorts, a Colonial Militia against such a possibility of the Sentinels having their wish granted.
    [Vicinity] Cyani: Kithrak.. that is a concern of mine I must say.. is Omni-Teks lack of response. Voicesterous individuals such as yourself.. marisha and countless others is very apreciated.. but why have we not heard any
    [Vicinity] Striver: ITS A GAME YOU LOSERS...ITS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND...GET LAYED OR SOMETHING...ITS A HOLDIAY!!!!!
    official statements from those in command?
    [Vicinity] Marisha: Beyond the CEO's comments?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: smiles lightly
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Omni-Tek's leadership works slowly.
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: puts Striver on ignore
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: That is why a group of concerned Omni employees and myself are working for a quick response defense.
    [Vicinity] Fieldmd: wonders why Striver is not "getting layed and playing a game" then
    [Vicinity] Foxferal: (follows Eternal example)
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: A civil defense against the millitancy of the Clans.
    [Vicinity] Cyani: { striver show some tact maturity and intelligence and please refrain from making an idiot of yourself }
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: shrugs
    [Vicinity] Snowwy: thanks
    [Vicinity] Striver: IM TRYING TO FREE YOU FROM AN ADDICTION!!!! YOU TAKE THIS SO SERIOUSLY LOL
    [Vicinity] Diablio: I must wonder...when will Omni launch a full-fledged counter-insurgency campaign.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: It is this self-help effort that I wish to extend to the Neutral community.
    [Vicinity] Cyani: smiles
    [Vicinity] Cyani: Do you feel we are incapable of helping ourselve?
    [Vicinity] Cyani: I surely think you do not..
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: No of course not.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: But Omni-Tek and Neutrals have untied in several efforts in the past to great effect.
    [Vicinity] Daewen: !whois solkalibur
    [Vicinity] Daewen: ((ick))
    [Vicinity] Chirnovnik: Surely we must hang together, lest we hang apart....
    [Vicinity] Chirnovnik: caughs.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: The Sentinels are a menace to all, and our efforts will be better spent together than in parallel.
    [Vicinity] Diablio: May I ask one question, Kithrak?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Like I have said on the invitation, the Neutrals are under no obligation at all. But this is just information about the situation and voicing my concerns over what can happen.
    [Vicinity] Diablio: Why is it that the clans have such a foothold, speaking in terms of land and territory.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Yes?
    [Vicinity] Mastablasta: because we fight for a cause.
    [Vicinity] Cyani: Diablo.. that is due to their more aggressive nature
    [Vicinity] Cyani: they are oppressed.. remember
    [Vicinity] Cyani: smirks
    [Vicinity] Diablio: Why doesn't Omni-Tek launch a counter-terrorism campaign then?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: A difference in mindset. Omni-Tek are more interested in construction and business. The Clans are more ambitions in empire and killing people to free them. Strange notion if I may add.
    [Vicinity] Marisha: shakes her head sadly.
    [Vicinity] Drizzo: holy
    [Vicinity] Drizzo: ****
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Because Omni-Tek's leadership reacts slowly.
    [Vicinity] Daewen: Kithrak, that's the sort of talk I was hoping we could avoid. Not all clanners are evil, not all Omni are peaceful.
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: That is why the responsibility of protecting non-Clanners fall upon ourselves.
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: [ffs, just go away if you dont like RP]
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Yes, and that is why I am suggestion that we take care of ourselves.
    [Vicinity] Sclsis: Mr. Houston, may I say something?
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Go ahead, we're wrapping up this rally shortly.
    [Vicinity] Destractor: looks around
    [Vicinity] Diablio: Quit wasting your lives, its okay to like Omni Tek but goddamn...
    [Vicinity] Drizzo: show us what you can do witht that big fork!
    [Vicinity] Drizzo: nevar!
    [Vicinity] Fieldmd: looks around for Kithrak
    [Vicinity] Eternalforce: [hmmmm]
    [Vicinity] Sclsis: Most people forget that all of our problems revolve around a minority from each faction. The common people, the ones we need to protect, have no real idea what is going on.
    [Vicinity] Striver: I LEAVE YOU WITH PEACE ....JUST REMEMBER LIFE IS SHORT.... SPEND IT WISELY
    [Vicinity] Fieldmd: (( shut up and leave you 8 year old fool ))
    [Vicinity] Arimathea: is afk
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: Well said.
    [Vicinity] Destractor: pst those stim addicts get everywhere don't they?
    [Vicinity] Sammydavisjr: yep
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: I'll close this Rally and let everyone here think about what was said here.
    [Vicinity] Excalibre: whispers something into his sleeve
    [Vicinity] Foxferal: yawns
    [Vicinity] Kithrak: turns off his recording unit

[OOC: End log /OOC]
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

This log was quite interesting Kithrak, however, I would like to point out that some Clans are not even behind the Council of Truth and would like to stay that way. Just wanted to point that out. When you say Clans it sounds like you mean all of us.
    Unity of the Rose

D Dmanz Farrar 167 Martial Artist

Indeed, many Clans are not interested in the future of the Clans as a whole and choose not to take part. However, it's their right to disenfranchise themselves or follow their own path. No one will force them to participate.

I would like to say Kithrak that quite a number of Clans have stood up and acted against Silverstone's madness but it was without effect. Trying and failing isn't the same as not trying.

As for opening dialouge with the corporation, we need set our own house in order before getting enmeshed if politics with OT-RK.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.