Thread: MCS uses Melee Init? MY TESTS SHOW YES! IT DOES!

MCS uses Melee Init? MY TESTS SHOW YES! IT DOES!

Ok after the reset i did some experiments with the speed of the MCS. I will walk you though my expirience...

First i Reset IP. and reallocated most of my skills, all but ranged init.

PART 1 - THE MCS WITH LOW RANGED INIT
    IN THEORY:
    The MCS with an attack time of 3sec/1sec should do damage every 4 seconds when havign an extreemy low ranged init. every 4 seconds means 15 attacks per minute.

IN PRACTICE:
    At a really low ranged init (30 skill) the MCS performed as expected, giving me almost exacty 15 shots per minute.

PART 2 - THE MCS WITH HIGH RANGED INIT
    IN THEORY:
    The MCS should attack way more than 15 times per second, i do not have the knowlage of exactly how to calculate how many times it should attack, but it sohuld be more than 15.

IN PRACTICE:
    The MCS did somthing odd...It gave me EXACTLY 15 shots per minute still. Keep in mind this 15 shots per minute is an average of about 10 trials. This 15 shots per minute is AFTER raising my Ranged Init from 30 to 353. Think there should be some kind of change at all?

PART 3 - THE SOL CHIRONIS WITH LOW RANGED INIT
    IN THEORY:
    The SC has an attack time of 1.5sec/1.5sec, therefore it should yeild 1 shot every 3 seconds with low ranged init. So my calculations state that it should attack 20 times in one minute

IN PRACTICE:
    The SC performed as calculated, yeilding 20 shots (on average) every minute. No surprise here.

PART 4 - THE SOL CHIRONIS WITH HIGH RANGED INIT
    IN THEORY:
    This is where it gets interresting. The SC, when i rasied my Ranged init from 30 to 353 should be extreemly fast.

IN PRACTICE:
    The SC gave me a blistering 30 shots per minute! I could barely keep up with it when i was tallying the number of shots!

PART 5 - CONCLUSION
    So, it turns out that the MCS, no matter what ranged init i had, produced the same average number of attacks per minute. The sol chironis however, increased its speed by 33%! I think that this CLEARLY shows that the MCS is STILL USING MELEE INIT.

This must be changed immediately! This is !!NOT!! somthing that can wait for the fixer patch in 14.4, or was it 18.9? I will post this just about EVERYWHERE I CAN. FUNCOM MUST FIX THIS!
    www.fixergrid.com - Luciana's Fixer Guide

Ok, I give up. F1x3Rz R |337!!!!
    Luciana - Level 141 Fixer
    Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

Antiguardians now shows init type in the database. =)

http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&id=157716

Ranged Init. according to that.

-Jayde

okies... if ranged init works the same way as melee/phys init it goes like this:

600 init = -1 sec attack - 2 sec recharge.

For a MCS (3.0/1.0) to go full speed you'd need 1200 in ranged init on full agg.

Your 353 ranged init will make the MCS go appx. 2.5/1.0. It might be hard to see that difference, but I suspect it's there allright.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.