Thread: Mission question for players.

Mission question for players.

Has anyone else notice that there are two different styles of building type missions? There are the normal ones that usually open into some sort of great room (after the entrance room) and then there are the ones that I have only noticed in pleasant meadows that usually open into a single cell 4 door room (again, after the entrance room). Of course, there are also the caves, but that makes three different style.

Do the different styles of rooms have any tendencies that anyone has noticed. Do they have more or less loot? To they tend to be larger or smaller? Harder or easier (at least I can target through doorways, but not through cave holes)? Are there mission terminal settings you can use to more likely get one style than the other?

Just askin'
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

I suppose most of us have thought about these matters, but been too lazy to make records for statistical purposes (or am I wrong?). I can only say, without a doubt, that the mission area type that givies me the most chests and loot, is the Subway type, in Tir. I was lvl 4 at the time, and there were chests in 80% of the rooms, many with loot!
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

I believe there are more than 3 type of rooms. From some screenshots my guild mate has submitted, there are some rooms that are several level tall.. up to 8 at least.. and on each level. there are a few doors

Post Tendencies

Hi RoboCop - eh ... ka (bad joke as opener).

Some of my observations (just impressions and tendencies):

I am aware of the same two types(styles) of missions areas:
    a) entrance room - big room (several types from 'square-ish' to stretched)
    b) entrance room - small room (4 doors)

Occurrence:
    Just yesterday, we had, by chance, two missions in the same location (two different people). The first mission area was of type a) and the second mission had type b)! It seems, that the mission type (might) influences the type/style of the mission area. As I am using mostly the same type of missions (collect item) I never had an eye on that so far.
    For myself I have found type b) mission areas in a variety of playfields (Clon****, 4 Holes, Stret West Bank(?), Aegan, Wailing Wastes).

Characteristics:
    Type a) mission areas 'generally' tend to be larger (I am aware of expceptions) and more packed, but this seems to be mainly influenced by the mission type. The 'bad/money-get item' missions (are they fixed again?) are usually much shorter (higher percentage of type b) areas) than the 'hidden/mystical/stealth/money-get item' missions. Especially the latter setting produces large mission areas (type a), better suited for teams).

-> Helions: I know this type of room. So far, I had a few of them in type b) mission areas, but not as second room, rather deeper in the area. Although there are a lot of 'floors', non of the balconies ever showed a door. This specific room type never had more then one door (for me) but more than one encounter .

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Every one of my missions is always in a freakin' cave and I happen to be one of those people affected by the water room bug. Is Rubi-Ka actually Afghanistan and all the enemies are hidden in caves? Please give me some building missions.

sorry, my mistakes, I thought those wall with portholes are doors.. anyway, here are screenshots.

http://www.sg-mmorpg.org/showthread.php?threadid=1470

Smile Cool

-> Helions: Nice pictures. I never got a room like this, the ones I found are cave style (grey walls). Several levels of balconies as well, but no doors. I have to admit, that the doors in this room look 'real'. Any info if they 'are' real. So far I never heard of of multi level dungeon ... .

-> JBoss: What type of settings do you use at the mission booth?

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Talking another

I think I found another type of mission, one with a grand total of 3 'rooms'. Had to enter something's big mouth, the mission objective was in its stomach or something. Yuck

I had one similar to that in TIR today. although i don't know the total size, in the first room you walked into a snakes mouth. When i noticed that my pet refused to move from the first room i just deleted the mission.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Maximilian: Not too sure.. those screenshots were taken by my guild members.. let see what they say.