Thread: Curiousity: Miir

Curiousity: Miir

Excuse both my cynicism and my curiousity, but I'm wondering if any of the female characters I see running around in Miirs are played by female players?

It just doesn't seem to me like something that 99% of the women I've known would want their characters to be seen in outside the bedroom.

I know, we're not supposed to care what gender the player is. Heck, I've got characters of both genders myself. But when I'm playing a character of another gender, I try to stay in-character.

And even in the 293rd century on a frontier world, even with the "women "in question behing heavily armed, the sheer number of women in pigtails, with Barbie's figure, wearing nothing more than straps that would require nanotech to offer any support, that I see running around in public is straining my Willing Suspension of Disbelief muscles.

I wonder what humans would look like if we all had nanobots running around inside making us look however we wanted? Maybe a larger number of females would have Barbie like figures (but hopefully not). Maybe more men would be buff. Come to think of it, why can't I have Nanobots now.

Where are the nanobot morphing tatoos?
    Where are the program crystals to change my physical appearance?
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

I seem to recall requesting some less-skanky clothing a while back two forum-versions ago. There was no official response

particularly of issue is the lack of reasonably modest non-trenchcoat clothing. The tight pants don't bother me so much as the micro-miniskirts
    --
    Brownicrat
    Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat RK1
    Veteran, The Independant Rubikans

I wonder what the point with fighting with Miir on is. I think they get whooped by the enemies but heck clothes look better than armor.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Originally posted by burrowowl
    ... The tight pants don't bother me so much as the micro-miniskirts
    Once I simply re-programmed my expectations to read "shorts" everywhere the game text says "skirt," I mostly got over it. But that's what it took, because without more flare away from the hips, those short skirts don't even look like mini-skirts, they look like shorts.

So yeah, I'd love to see the short skirts redesigned to come down the thighs about another two or three inches, and flare out from the legs at least a bit. I'd also like to see mid-length skirts.

Also, given that they have the models and animation to put long dresses on characters, it shouldn't be that hard to create long skirt separates that could be mixed with shirts or tops.

Of course, I'm not just a fashion snob, I'm also a former software geek, and so it has occurred to me that if I get what I'm asking for, it'll make the FPS problem even worse, by creating yet more textures to load.

Brad,

You make it sound like being a fashion snob is BAD in some way

Anyhow, there sure is an awful lot of skin being shown out and about in the cities of Ruby-ka. Considering the desert climate, I can only presume that Homo Solitus has been genetically engineered to prevent sunburns.
    --
    Brownicrat
    Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat RK1
    Veteran, The Independant Rubikans