Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P V P

"MA still have a range problem, root problem and can't heal or anything if debuffed so I doubt MA wíll own that big."

That must suck bro I have this problem I can't cast my primary line of damage dealing when debuffed I have to rely on weapon alone, but obviously you're in the worse situation....

Re: Mantravadi=Immature?

Originally posted by D-Cypher
    "If you dont care about balance and the way PvP works, maybe you should stay out of the PvP forum, because thats what we do here. " That's what Mantravadi wrote. And then he got on to ranting like an immature twelve year-old in post after post...

I now know EXACTLY which kind of gamer "Mantravadi" is.

After playing an enforcer for some time, and now mostly playing a doc, I must say that so many seem to have gotten it all wrong when it comes to PvP.

Why do you assume that there should be a balance between the performance of all professions in PvP?
    As a doc, I can withstand a lot of punishment before I go down. But I rarely do much damage. And eventually I die.
    But my doc, even though he's atrox and wears full Elite armour plus a primus coat (and uses a BIG sledgehammer), is no frontline trooper. Instead, I hang back and take care of my OT comrades when I'm in a warzone. In the arena, it's one vs one, but in a warzone it's OT vs Rebel scum. You cannot gank in a warzone. You can only fight in the war.
    Immature? For voicing my opinions? For discussing balance which is the entire point of this board? You're just another one that didnt read the post D-cypher. I said "PvP is dead" or something like that, i dont feel like scrolling back. And you just assumed I said that because I feel gimped, which is not the case. So you, sir, should think before posting. It usually helps out alot and it makes you look less ignorant.

If you dont care about PvP, then let us who do talk about it please.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

monger

. You need to bring other classes up the the level of Traders/Docs/MPs/MAs... Dont bring these classes down, nerfing is not the way to go.
    UP to the level of docs ? Nice one as docs have no way any means to kill someone now within 5 minutes. True you can't be killed, but you can't kill either which kinda removes the reason to pvp at all :-( Traders are .. ok, not to good as they used to be tho... Fights take alot longer for all classes, meaning everyone will just run when they are going to " lose " and any non rooting class will be unable to get kills in ( as it takes 3-5 or more minutes to kill, only happends in fair duels, but does that happen ? heh ) unless you have 2-3 buddies being invisable standing by to gank......
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Originally posted by Rampage

Do you ever see a 1+ minute fight happening in 2ho / mmd ? nah your oponent just runs or you'll get ganked by people hiding. No, pvp is dead now.
    No. Idiot gankers standing around killing passerbys in a couple of seconds is dead. Buh-Bye losers!

When more and more people realize that stepping into a PvP zone isn't instantly stepping into the recalim then large and long PvP battles are comming.

Best thing Funcom can do now is remove the stupid titles.

PVP? What's that? I should try that someday!! Oh wait, last time I tried, i sat in 2ho for 2 hrs and not seen one person run by me!!

UP to the level of docs ? Nice one as docs have no way any means to kill someone now within 5 minutes. True you can't be killed, but you can't kill either which kinda removes the reason to pvp at all :-( Traders are .. ok, not to good as they used to be tho... Fights take alot longer for all classes, meaning everyone will just run when they are going to " lose " and any non rooting class will be unable to get kills in ( as it takes 3-5 or more minutes to kill, only happends in fair duels, but does that happen ? heh ) unless you have 2-3 buddies being invisable standing by to gank......
    Docs can't kill no one? As i recalled, last 5 Docs i've seen uses Nova flow or Flashpoint. As i recalled, NOva and Flash are very effective in pvp heh. I think you wrong when you say doc can't kill anyone.
    Last edited by Garv; Jun 8th, 2002 at 12:30:52.

:p

Originally posted by Arinia

Especially MAs with Flashpoints. Ouch. I was doing OK last night against an MA 15 levels above me until I got hit with 1700 FA and died. When I saw that Flash come out, my heart almost stopped.
    Millions of IP spent. The look on your face.... Priceless... Question though. Did you still have UVC from the night before? You ran into arena and challenged me to a duel with about 2 seconds consideration, and you were critting like a demon.

I'm still effective with dots + ithica. Slower now, but .. still works.

I do die just as much as before though=p

Titile lvl 5 solitus doctor can get maximum of

519 Ranged Energy.
    519 Assault Riffle.

To equip novaflow you need
    AR 785
    RE 654

Thats for premium Pretty easy AR/RE implants ql 200 will give 210 in skill basic buffs/soldier masteries.

And self buffed attack rating with all implants and basic buffs will be 730 at the best. Well plus ring/globes 750.

To self buff into that you need totaly gimp yourself as a dcotor loosing Shining head BM, Bright PM, Bright MC, Faded MC, Faded BM. Other wayes if you dont want to implant RE then you will get crapy attack rating..

Maybe massive specials that will do good damge only 10% of the time will cover ability to heal for less and ability to slow for better.... Plus i get 2 specials and i get much better attack rating self buffed right now i have 870. Only loosing faded Bm bright MC. And i do outdamge Novaflowers and i did kill lvl 180 doctor with novaflow/flashpoint combo. Interesting thing he now uses shotgun...

I am staying with shotgun till i find some wepon that doesnt conflict with my implants...
    Last edited by Julia; Jun 8th, 2002 at 18:26:07.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Re: :p

Originally posted by Xzibi7

Millions of IP spent. The look on your face.... Priceless... Question though. Did you still have UVC from the night before? You ran into arena and challenged me to a duel with about 2 seconds consideration, and you were critting like a demon.
    Only her hairdresser knows for sure
    RETIRED

Please get it straight, Mantravadi

How come Mantravadi focuses more on what he sees as my disinterest in PvP, and less on what I actually have to say?

The fact that he posted "PvP is dead" as soon as 14.2 was active, does NOT make me believe he was merely interested in a mature discussion about PvP balance.
    Instead, it made me think that he's a sorry case of "whine with no bread", a gamer that depended too much on über-twinking and crit-buffs...

But hey, I might have gotten it all wrong. Perhaps Mantravadi's sole purpose was to provoke, so that we all felt how terrible 14.2 was for PvP.

But guess what? I was out in MMD, and there was A LOT of people there. The mood was one of joyful battle.

I would like to end my participation in this thread, by using a phrase inspired by the illustrous Mantravadi:

Über-twinking is dead. Long live PvP!

Re: :p

Originally posted by Xzibi7

I had a few buffs.....

Did it matter?

Not really...

Now if I had remembered to use Dimach, maybe things might have been different. But I'm stupid and forgot
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Talking :D

HAHA This is the best post ever
    "Originally posted by Arinia

Especially MAs with Flashpoints. Ouch. I was doing OK last night against an MA 15 levels above me until I got hit with 1700 FA and died. When I saw that Flash come out, my heart almost stopped. "

Im gonna add that one to my signature

I had 3 fights in the arena, test fights, no running.

Doc vs trader -> after 5 minutes I won (minimum damage, hoped my aimed shots would work off and eventually my nano pool >> his nano pool heh, if he had a 7% crit or a high scope on I would be gone tho)
    Doc vs enf (spyderv) -> after 4 minutes I had him down to 40% and had half my nanopool
    Doc vs enf (spyderv)2 -> after 7-8 minutes he got me, somehow I wasnt doing any damage

Do you ever see a 1+ minute fight happening in 2ho / mmd ? nah your oponent just runs or you'll get ganked by people hiding. No, pvp is dead now.
    Yup me VS Necessity and Marshrike, I ran after, 5 mins? ;/

Then me and Necessity has a go for about 291204823528287 years till he ran out of nano, he needs a better gun and he will own.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123