Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Announcing a program to inventory your backpacks into a text file

Quote Originally Posted by Victurus
    Hi there Covenant.
    Your app is great and has worked perfectly for me....until I installed SP2 for XP. Now I get "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range" when I try to run the Item Parser. Could you help me with this?

/Vic
    That's an odd problem; I'm also using XP, with SP2 installed, and I don't have that problem. So let's go through a few steps.

First, AI changed the way AO reads in backpack information. All versions of AOIS prior to 1.7.4 will no longer work with AO - the latest version (and any version including/after 1.7.4) will work with AI. If you're not using the latest version, that might be the issue.

Second, are you using AI? If you're not, then perhaps that's the root of the problem and I'd need to make a "with AI" and "without AI" version.

Third, I've seen errors like that crop up when a file is missing or outdated. Again, I didn't run into any problems after updating to XP/SP2, but perhaps there's a file that SP2 overwrote or deleted during installation. The first culprit would probably be the VB Runtime files, the second would be one of the support files (like the .DLLs). Both the VB Runtime files and the support files are included with AOIS.

For now, completely delete AOIS off your hard drive. AOIS doesn't write into the registry or "install" itself, so a simple file delete does the job. Next download the latest version (1.7.4 at this writing) and give it a go.

If that doesn't do it, PM me and we'll try to figure out where the problem lies. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know.

Cov

EDIT : It just occured to me that a subscript out of range error might be due to using an older version of Item Loader with a post-AI version of Item Parser. The latest version of Item Loader is 1.0.3, so be sure that's what you're using (it's included in the AOIS zip file).
    Last edited by Covenant; Sep 17th, 2004 at 19:01:34.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Hi.

Thanks for responding.

I have the latest files for AOIS, I redownloaded when I started having problem. I also reinstalled the VB files but that didnt help either.

Im gonna try to wipe everything related to AOIS/VB and reinstall all of it.

/Vic

bump for a nice program!
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

The current version is still 1.7.4, still available from this link.

I have good news, and bad news...

The Good News

The recent change allowing renaming of backpacks - thank you FC! I sat down with the program and reworked AOIS to support this. If a backpack has a "new" name attached to it, not only will it put it in the "Backpack #" header, but it can also be placed next to the item name itself in the sorted-by-QL or alphabetical lists. Combined with the "List Mode" option, you can find the precise backpack that your item is in within seconds. And then...

The Bad News

Major system crash. Literally, as I was making backups of my system.

AOIS consists of two programs, Item Parser and Item Loader. The Parser is the one that required the most reworking - and that one survived the crash. Item Loader didn't.

The unfortunate truth is that I was ready to reploy V1.8.0 with backpack support, but it's going to have to wait until the computer with Item Loader's source is restored. With luck, it'll be available in the next few days.
    Last edited by Covenant; Nov 25th, 2004 at 23:30:44.
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

I can't wait for the new version supporting bag names

Good luck at restoring your computer

Woot, I love this program. It saves me and my org mates sooo much time.

thanks for all the hard work and keeping it updated. It is much appreciated!
    Do you like metal music? Check out my music!
    Cyclophenia MySpace
    Cyclophenia Website

New Version - 1.8.0

This version will incorporate renamed backpacks into your inventory lists. On your alphabetized and by-QL lists it will place the custom pack name next to the item, and in the by-backpack list the custom name of the backpack will be next to the "Backpack #" header.

Please note that in order to do this, AOIS needs to know the user's AO user name. This is the name that is entered during login (not your character's name). The sole reason for this is to find the directory with the custom information stored in your "Anarchy Online\Prefs\" directory.

AOIS will not use the user name for any other reason and AOIS will never ask for your password or attempt any logon. The only reason for the username is so it can find backpack information.

If the user name or AO installation directory are left blank, then AOIS will still run - it simply will not match customized backpack names to their contents.

u da man Covenant!

Thanks for your continued work on your wonderful program
    General of Black Faction (RK2)
    Mrflibbles TL7 Opi MA setup
    Notumadik TL7 Nano Engie setup
    Holovirus TL7 Nano MP
    Razue TL5 Soli Crat
    Docprozac TL7 Soli Doc setup

Make auto arranging nanos by nanoline possible

New Version - 1.8.1

The only change is that the user name is no longer needed to process custom backpack information.

Covenant,

If it's not to hard is there a way to mark a few flags like unique, nodrop, etc...

Just a suggestion if you have the time and willingness

Thanks,
    Caz
    Cazula Clan Nano Tech
    Tianna69 Clan Fixer
    Michalena Clan Doctor

Peoples Front of Judea

Quote Originally Posted by Cazula
    Covenant,

If it's not to hard is there a way to mark a few flags like unique, nodrop, etc...
    Doable - I'll look into it.

NODROP
    UNIQUE
    SPECIAL

what else?

It doubleas/triples entries for me with new version... but not everything...?!

Eg:

Scourged Bracer of Jobe QL:1
    Tattoo QL:1
    Touch of the Gripper QL:1
    Withered Flesh QL:1
    Sundance Headband QL:15
    Sundance Pants QL:15
    Nova Dillon Armor Pants QL:16
    Kirch Kevlar Armor Gloves QL:29
    Kirch Kevlar Armor Sleeves QL:29
    Nova Dillon Armor Pants QL:39

Delete data files after is enabled...... Any idea what could cause this?
    Rimor - Omni - Hater of Neuts - Inactive since ehm... a long time ago

220/19 Scerrifo - Adventurer - "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Mikura: And unlike you...I do "get" the agg bar...its simple...you find a heckler...set the agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took you to kill it...find another heckler....change your agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took to kill it...

randomletter: Which advs exactly know more than me and are better than me? (Guide as to why he is the best Adv)

Hi, one question: would it be possible to add your bank to the itemlist? for example by opening the bank account while having item loader running? this would be awesome.

oh, second question: do i have to leave the backpacks open while having item loader running or is it enough to open it once and close it again?

Greetings
    Keex
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    Doable - I'll look into it.

NODROP
    UNIQUE
    SPECIAL

what else?
    Item count on stacks?
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

bump for sticky...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubble
    It doubleas/triples entries for me with new version... but not everything...?!

Delete data files after is enabled...... Any idea what could cause this?
    This happens because you're opening a pack twice. Pre-AI it wasn't a problem, now unfortunately it is.

In Anarchy Online prior to AI, a backpack's contents were only transferred once when your computer requests it. Post-AI, the contents are sent every time. This means that in pre-AI versions you didn't have to worry about opening a pack twice, but in post-AI versions you'll get duplicate entries from the same pack if you open it more than once.

Annoying and unfortunate, but avoidable with a bit of care.

Quote Originally Posted by Keex0r
    Hi, one question: would it be possible to add your bank to the itemlist? for example by opening the bank account while having item loader running? this would be awesome.

oh, second question: do i have to leave the backpacks open while having item loader running or is it enough to open it once and close it again?

Greetings
    Keex
    First question : I'll look into it. I believe that a pre-release version of Item Loader actually did that as an error so it shouldn't be too difficult to make it do that again, but this time marked specifically as The Bank Itself.

Second Question : No, you don't need to keep the packs open. You can close them once you've opened them. What I like to do is this :

1. Pick up a pack out of the bank and put it in my inventory.
    2. Open the pack.
    3. Pick the pack up again, and put it back in the bank.

Once you pick it up and put it back into the bank, the pack window will close on you. This makes it simpler to know which packs you have and haven't inventoried yet.

As for Alreadythere's idea for item stacks - that's a great idea! I'm not sure how this data is transferred though, but I'll wander through the datastream and see if it's lurking in there.

I right-click them in bank, than put them back in bank from inventory.

It is impossible I opened them 2 times let alone 3 times... I'll try again later maybe it was a fluke.
    Rimor - Omni - Hater of Neuts - Inactive since ehm... a long time ago

220/19 Scerrifo - Adventurer - "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Mikura: And unlike you...I do "get" the agg bar...its simple...you find a heckler...set the agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took you to kill it...find another heckler....change your agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took to kill it...

randomletter: Which advs exactly know more than me and are better than me? (Guide as to why he is the best Adv)

New Version - 1.8.2

Stacked items will now have the number in the stack listed next to it, like below :

Health/Nano Supplies
    QL 200 Simple First-Aid Kit Stack of 50
    QL 80 Simple First-Aid Kit Stack of 84

I'm working on NODROP/etc items being marked, and a way for the Item Loader to ignore already-viewed packs next. Stay tuned.

I'd like to ask for some help with something, namely, translating some things.

Today I received an email with some feedback. Now, I like getting feedback (there are so many excellent ideas that show up in feedback) but it was entirely in German. I was able to get the gist of the message via altavista's translator feature, but, it's not the best way to handle such things.

I also noticed that there is mention of my programs on the gamingo German forums. All well and good, except that the URLs they're using are old ones... and I don't know how to ask them to update the URLs.

So - is there a kind soul out there that could help translate things into German? Please PM me or email me if you'd be interested in the task.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast