Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Announcing a program to inventory your backpacks into a text file

uber!
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

I haven't been able to get item parser working properly yet. I loaded maybe up to 20 packs but when I ran item parser, even in all three modes, it would stop responding. And I'm not talking about just the progress bar No errors or warnings. The process takes up any/all available CPU. I've tried it with only one pack as well but still some problem. Let me know if you need any further info.
    Sgt. Majikian - RK1 136 Meta-Physicist
    Officer of Omni-Pol

[Setup][Buy Me!]

Originally posted by Majikian
    I haven't been able to get item parser working properly yet. I loaded maybe up to 20 packs but when I ran item parser, even in all three modes, it would stop responding. And I'm not talking about just the progress bar No errors or warnings. The process takes up any/all available CPU. I've tried it with only one pack as well but still some problem. Let me know if you need any further info.
    Try this :

From the start menu, go to Run. Type in

c:\

in that directory, find the files "results.inv" and "working.tmp" and delete them. Then run the Loader again. Try loading in just one pack and then run the parser on it.

The Item Loader puts all the results into "results.inv" and continues to do so until it's parsed by the Item Parser. So if you load 20 packs, start the parser but then interrupt it, it'll still have those 20 packs of information in the results.inv file. Meaning, when you next loaded in just one pack of information, it now had 21. With those files deleted it'll start loading in pack information from scratch and you should be okay.

Like I mentioned earlier, when it runs a lot of information, the progress bar doesn't update right - and it honestly looks like it has locked up. It even uses a lot of system resources and slows your machine down while its running. At around 30 seconds a backpack, twenty packs will take about ten minutes (on my machine, yours could be slower/faster). Lacking anything else, let it run for a while. If all that fails, PM me and we can kick it a few times until it plays nice.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Originally posted by Covenant
    The usual reason for that is not having the VB Runtime files (or having outdated ones). There's a link to it in the AOIS page (here).

If that's not it, then close AO after you run Item Loader to get your backpacks read in, and try the Parser. Maybe something in your system doesn't like having AO and the Parser running.

If that's not it, then reboot after running the Loader and then run the Parser.

If that's not it, PM me and we'll hash it out.
    Yay for static linking of libraries/runtimes! It kinda eliminates problems like this, albeit at the cost of a bigger runtime file, but even with the uberest of inclusions, the file wouldn't be that big.

*edit* but then again, VB may not make you able to do that. I couldn't find how to do it when I checked just now
    Last edited by Octo; May 28th, 2004 at 07:13:10.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

I need to try this when i gets home, i hate banking
    Jupke
    RK1
    "I'll fix you ^_^"

Awesome!!!

*runs off to catalogue 12 characters banks*
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Originally posted by Octo

Yay for static linking of libraries/runtimes! It kinda eliminates problems like this, albeit at the cost of a bigger runtime file, but even with the uberest of inclusions, the file wouldn't be that big.

*edit* but then again, VB may not make you able to do that. I couldn't find how to do it when I checked just now
    Yes, one of the limitations I must face when using VB. Oh, well.
    Originally posted by PessimiStick
    Awesome program, makes organizing banks *almost* fun!
    I love this quote
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

The minute I run the dump aoitems the DOS window pops up but instantly disappears, I've downloaded the other files and made sure they were installed too, any ideas?
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Great Program !!
    id like to leave some ideas here tho:
    How about the list tells wich back pack there in (name of backpack instead of backpack#1 #2 etc..)
    and wich ones are in inventory and wich ones are in bank or does it work only on bank ? =X

and to finish maybe create a linked version of the txt file to database, like the helpbots link maker some ppl use for bank sales ?

Anyway its allready awseome just pointing a couple more ideas =D
    Lusitano: Rimor Engineer

Originally posted by kyleb
    The minute I run the dump aoitems the DOS window pops up but instantly disappears, I've downloaded the other files and made sure they were installed too, any ideas?
    Yup, there's a process in the Readme file on how to use that program. Look up the "How Do I Use It?" section and under ** STEP ONE ** Creating the database extract you'll find what you need to do to make that work. There's two ways, one involving DOS and one that doesn't involve DOS - both ways work, just use the one you're more comfortable with.

Originally posted by Lusitano
    Great Program !!
    id like to leave some ideas here tho:
    How about the list tells wich back pack there in (name of backpack instead of backpack#1 #2 etc..)
    and wich ones are in inventory and wich ones are in bank or does it work only on bank ? =X

and to finish maybe create a linked version of the txt file to database, like the helpbots link maker some ppl use for bank sales ?

Anyway its allready awseome just pointing a couple more ideas =D
    Figuring out "which" pack is sort of a wishful idea I've been working on. If I could figure a way to ascertain what "kind" of backpack it was (i.e. Small Backpack, Larger Backpack - Swimmer, Book of Knowledge) but right now that doesn't look possible.

EDIT : I was wrong! That feature is now in place as of version 1.3.0! Yay!

As for which are in inventory and which are in bank - the program works both ways. What I did for myself (and what I'd recommend) is simply to run it once on your bank, rename the results file (like "mybank") and then run it again on your inventory. Technical answer - it doesn't distinguish between bank backpacks and inventory backpacks, it reads them in equally.

As for it being linked - if I'm understanding you correctly, it does that presently. You can link it to the database at Auno.org if you format it as UBB(forum posts) or HTML.
    Last edited by Covenant; Jun 17th, 2004 at 16:27:15.

- Ya know what else would be really handy for this? Some way to have it automatically filter off no-drops... just an idea for even easier banksales...
    Proud Member of Tranquility

I got it to work with a few packs so I probably just had way too many. I can't seem to get my five packs of implant and clusters working though. I keep getting a "No recognized items were found in the inventory list!" error.
    Officer of Omni-Pol

[Setup][Buy Me!]

Thanks for the reply, i only used it once i wasnt aware of the linkin thing =X

UBER!!!
    Lusitano: Rimor Engineer

fantastic job! looking forward to trying this. I am soo not organized, 2 years of crud in my bank; this is going to help a lot!
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Awesome program

I don't know that I will use it on my bank.. being my bank is ~99% full of bags, as is my inventory...lol
    [ Traboom | Adviana | Docleeta | Boomfx ]
    ---------------------------------------
    Account playable until August 18, 2004

You can reactivate your account at any time using the account
    interface at https://register.funcom.com/

Hoping next step will be sorting by QL, prof, etc.

I got it working. Although it did name my QL 160 Belt Component Platform 6K-X as QL 160 Belt Component Platform 5000
    Officer of Omni-Pol

[Setup][Buy Me!]

*help*

hello
    i realy realy realy want to use this program,got a full bank and need a list, but dont want to write it all down....

BUT when i try to make the database, the program crashes.
    i logged out of AO before i started it, i installed the VB runtime.dll, and i got win98 (maybe it doesnt like it?).

what more infos do you need to help me ?

thanks a lot in advance

some more info
    i rebooted now, deactivated virenscann and firewall, and still it crashes when i try to get the database

error :
    DUMPAOITEMS verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ungültige Seite
    in Modul DUMPAOITEMS.EXE bei 0177:004016f2.
    Register:
    EAX=00000000 CS=0177 EIP=004016f2 EFLGS=00010287
    EBX=00652080 SS=017f ESP=0063fcbc EBP=00652110
    ECX=00653ffc DS=017f ESI=00654000 FS=1a17
    EDX=0075080c ES=017f EDI=00001f64 GS=0000
    Bytes bei CS:EIP:
    8b 51 04 83 c1 04 83 c1 04 83 f8 15 74 0b 83 f8
    Stapelwerte:
    0040a390 0000967b 0063fe38 00000322 00652080 00000001 00001f64 00654000 54534554 4d455449 6c41203a 6441206c 746e6576 72657275 73464e20 00000000

(sorry for the german)

Hmm gifti

Delete what you have and download the program again. Run the DUMPAOITEMS program by itself from a DOS window. If the program does not crash, then try running it according to the directions. If it does crash, PM me and we can work on it. Meanwhile I will look into what your message means in greater detail (I have a guess but I want to be certain).

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast