Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Announcing a program to inventory your backpacks into a text file

Why is itemloader117src.zip an empty zip file ?

Quote Originally Posted by ourtownh
    Why is itemloader117src.zip an empty zip file ?
    Oops! Fixed.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

New Version - 2.2.8

A minor addition - the pipe-seperated format now includes the LowID and HighID values.
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Okay, whenever I try to install AOIS, it says that some files are out of date on my system, and prompts me to restart my computer. However, when my computer has rebooted, I still receive this message. Is this a problem on my end (most likely) or yours? Please, any help would be well appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Zuoxi
    Okay, whenever I try to install AOIS, it says that some files are out of date on my system, and prompts me to restart my computer. However, when my computer has rebooted, I still receive this message. Is this a problem on my end (most likely) or yours? Please, any help would be well appreciated
    Interesting, I've never heard of this happening before.

Did you see this message while installing the VB Runtime DLLs? If not, try installing those files first and then running AOIS.

If it still gives you trouble, try downloading those runtime files from here and then installing them.

Bah, its my comp, I tried to install Windows Media 10, and got the same message, and some other stuff, time for some HijackThis! logging, sounds like a virus. Thanks anyway

I have the problem again that after using the loader, AO crashes on the next zoneing. I know it had worked for a while inbetween.

I also was wondering if the xml in the pref dir wasn't providing all the info about my backpacks as well? If I delete those my inventory sure is a mess...

I'll look into the crashing-while-zoning issue. As for the XML files - AOIS uses that to pull the name of your custom backpack, so things can get a bit wacky if those files get deleted.

Ark's have a better system.. if you ever petition a lost item you will get a link to a page with user/pass, where your inventory/equipped and items in bank are listed... wtb that instead of 3rd party tools =S
    (Missuse/abuse of the system may lead to actions taken againts you!)
    Last edited by hahi; Apr 5th, 2006 at 22:32:30.

I want both systems. Ingame ARK system to help me locate stuff from ingame, and Covenants AOIS to list my junk in a format I can use to post items for sale in a forum without having to do all the typing.

Excellent work. I love the inventory proggy. A godsend. Thanks.

I'm having a problem with the Item Loader.... it's as if the Loader is saving all of my past info each time I run the Parser.... The parser will run forever, pull up all of my old info ... then time out. I have cleared the destination folder, what else do I have to do to get my old inv info out of the Item Loader??
    Proud to be Alpha Omega!

Any help for me with my time out problem....?? Or did everyone stop using this program about the time I started?
    Proud to be Alpha Omega!

Have you fixed the Max number of bags issues?

I think when I tried it last, I was only able to inventory 5 bags, as the 6th never showed up.
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

Sorry, I was out of town for a few days.

Odewad : Go into your "C:\" directory and find a file called "aois_temp1.inv" and delete it, then try running Item Loader followed by running Item Parser.

Zzart : Yes, that problem was fixed a while back. If it is still cropping up then let me know please.

Cov

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    Odewad : Go into your "C:\" directory and find a file called "aois_temp1.inv" and delete it, then try running Item Loader followed by running Item Parser.

Have done this numerous times...

Same thing happens everytime ... run item loader, close then run Parser ... once the swimming leet appears .. it locks up on Artillery when it's trying to sort and times out... so what am I doing wrong?
    Proud to be Alpha Omega!

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    Sorry, I was out of town for a few days.

Cov
    I have noticed this same problem just using the item loader in general, get no items found error and the file above is always empty :/

I also have to delete aois_temp1.inv and working.tmp and cant get AOIS to work every time I use it now, know any reason why?

-edit Just noticed that when the item loader DOESN'T work, the splashscreen for the codehook (the yellow thing! :P ) doesnt load... When AOIS DOES work, this splash comes up when loading the item loader... Think this may be why its doing it but is there a way to fix it?

-edit 2 NVM! Started watching the file size of the aois_temp.inv as I opened backpacks and realised it was nasty lag that was at fault! Everything is fine now

^^^ Pointless post now, but thought I'd keep the info for posterity!!

P.S brilliant tool btw! AOIS <3
    Last edited by lamargo; May 17th, 2006 at 00:38:11.
    Lamargo NM Pistol/Nader - 220/19 - Bio
    General of Insanity-Inc {Omni/Rimor} -> Recruitment Thread - Website

Covanant , I just want to take a sec to thank you once again for this great program. its indispensible for me. The only problem i have been haveing is that it does not look at the correct bag name. If a bag was handed from one toon to another it will pick up the name from the first toon in the first acct. is there any way to have it ask what set of preferances to use?

p.s.

what I do is name every bag 01,02 .... 90 and then when I go to use inv prg, I copy the pref folder from just that toon to another copy of ao, and use inv on that copy as it only has 1 set of bag names. since that copy of ao, does not have any duplicate bag names I get all the correct names
    Last edited by oofbig; May 17th, 2006 at 01:16:30.

Lamargo : Glad to hear the program is working for ya. Yes, lag does play a (rather nasty) part in problems, since AOIS depends on watching the datastream. If the data is delayed in being sent due to lag, you run into exactly what you saw. I recommend to people to find a nice, quiet, relatively lag-free area (like a shop) for using the program.

Oofbig : I'm guessing that you're using the same computer (or two computers with the same information) for your backpacks... that's actually a problem I had never considered before. When AOIS was written, not many people did what you're describing.

I think I can see a solution to this, by having it check the folder ID when it checks the backpack ID via the XML file. Let me see what I can do about that.

The unfortunate truth is that I don't get to play AO as much as I once did, but every time a post is made in this thread I receive an email. So this thread is still an excellent way to reach me, just be aware that I'm a bit slower than I once was.

Great program dude, however one small point, I'm also experiencing the problem with backpack names.

The first time I tried it I got few pack types or names and lots against the wrong packs, but I'm pretty sure this is because I opened the packs too quickly.

I tried it again, and this time gave a slow count to four between each pack - this time it got all the pack types, and a some of the names, and I think had the correct names with the correct packs where I had them, but some of the names were missing altogether. I didn't appear to have any noticeable lag while doing it.

I'm doing this on my own in a back yard, waiting til AO is opened before running the item loader, single instance, not doing anything else before running the loader, and it has the correct path for the AO files - which I assume must be ok anyway, because it's getting some of them.

I'm using (I believe) the latest files which I downloaded from your site today.

If I can give any other info about this let me know.

I am sorry I know I am not explaining my problem well. When I use the aois It works fine except that it associates the wrong name with bags. The reason is that the bag name is not the same on every toon on my acct.

for instance. I get a bag on toon 1, then put stuff in it and hand it to toon 2.

now toon 1 originally named the bag "junk to give to covanant"
    toon 2 named the bag "tradeskill stuff"

I run the Aois on toon 2

aois pulls bag name from wrong toon

So what i do to fix this

(read long workaround)

I put everything into where i want then nameing bags and stuff

then i duplicate ao to another instalation, but in this one i delete all the preferances except toon 2

run aois on this copy of ao, it doesnt find the wrong bag names , all is happy

PS no matter what , thank you very very much for a great program.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast