Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Announcing a program to inventory your backpacks into a text file

Quote Originally Posted by Spuds
    Maybe once you've opened your inventory it knows what you have on you and won't query the server again so Item Loader doesn't see the information?
    I think you'll find if you actually read the readme...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane
    I think you'll find if you actually read the readme...
    I did, and and like others that have posted, it didn't work with backpacks already in my inventory or backpacks I was moving from the bank to my inventory and then opening. The only way I got it to work was to do absolutely nothing, not even move, after logging in before I opened the item loader.

I just figured this might help others that were having trouble. *shrug*

I finally managed to get it to work by using the Loader program from version 2.2.2 and the Parser from 2.2.3!
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Roleplay? Sure! RUR.has.it!

Quote Originally Posted by Spuds
    I did, and and like others that have posted, it didn't work with backpacks already in my inventory or backpacks I was moving from the bank to my inventory and then opening. The only way I got it to work was to do absolutely nothing, not even move, after logging in before I opened the item loader.

I just figured this might help others that were having trouble. *shrug*
    Pretty much, yes... go to bank, log out at bank, log in, run loader, open/move packs. Maybe the readme could be clearer that you should do this immediately after logging in.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Hi folks. I apologize for not posting sooner; work took me away for a long time.

Item Loader doesn't use a port to communicate with AO, instead it "hooks" into the AO process itself. It watches one of the datastreams that AO uses to communicate with the server and if it meets the criteria for "This Is Information About A Backpack" then it stores that information.

A long time ago someone told me that their firewall wouldn't allow Item Loader to work because it saw Item Loader as an attempt to modify AO (a hijacking attempt I suppose). Now, I've never run into this myself but I included a line about "Make sure your firewall gives Item Loader access" only because that's what that person did and it worked.

Today I'm going to get AOIS out and make a few changes, namely, going back to the "Black Screen" version of Item Loader that worked well for so many people. I'll post here when that's done, and I'll get updated sources on the site as well.

Cov
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Cool

no problem at all Covenant
    seems like I stirred up a beeshive on this one and I do appreciate you're following up on it.

Will look forward to seeing the 'new' version when its available and of course will be here ready to test it for you.

\o/

Okay, the program has been updated and is on the website. Since the "older" version of Item Loader seems to give less trouble to people, it's back and updated to work after the 16.1 patch.

Item Parser has been changed to work with both the the old "black screen" version or the new "grey screen" version, though I think I'll go back to maintaining on the old version since it seems to give less trouble to people.

I've also uploaded source code for both Item Loader (2.2.7) and Item Parser (1.1.7).

Any problems please let me know, and don't worry about "stirring up" anything - I won't know if it works for people unless folks tell me.

Cov
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Thumbs up

You're the man, Cov! Works like a dream again!
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Roleplay? Sure! RUR.has.it!

Thanks Covenant
    Will give this a go later tonight when I get home

Great program once you get it working.

I found the interface a little clutzy, but that just may be me.

I seem to have to do it in this order.

1 Open AO.
    2 Run the dos-parser
    3 Open backpacks
    4 Close dos parser
    5 Open inventory thingamajiger
    6 Select AO Directory in the options tab - (it should remember these)
    7 Input the destination directory - (It should remember these)
    8 Click create inventory thing

Rinse / repeat from step 2

Then I have my own inventory parsed.

Sorry for the vagueness, I am at work and not in front of my machine.
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Zzart
    Great program once you get it working.
    I found the interface a little clutzy, but that just may be me.
    I seem to have to do it in this order.
    1 Open AO.
    2 Run the dos-parser
    3 Open backpacks
    4 Close dos parser
    5 Open inventory thingamajiger
    6 Select AO Directory in the options tab - (it should remember these)
    7 Input the destination directory - (It should remember these)
    8 Click create inventory thing
    Yep, you've got it there. You only have to do step #6 one time, and you can skip step #7 if you'd like (it'll use a default directory if no directory is entered).

Bear in mind that you can open as many backpacks as you'd like during step #3.

Cov

When I try to download and install AOIS, my antivirus program avast! tells me it finds a virus in the file http://ao.halorn.com/aois2.2.7setup.zip\AOIS Install Folder\Item Parser.CAB\madCodeHookLib.dll. It is supposed to be the virus/worm Win32:DataRape-B [Wrm] I get this in both the installation package, and the simple directory version. I was just wondering if it is just me, and should I be concerned?

Edit: I get the same warning from all the programs on www.halorn.com. Is it my computer that is infected, or could it be all the files from halorn?
    Last edited by Icoyce; Feb 2nd, 2006 at 18:56:44.
    Suited Techno Wizard Freshman 'Disco "Icoyce" Duck' - Main and a slow leveler
    Mediocre Master 5th Dan "Eriphyle" - Hard-hitting redhead
    Intermediate Union Man "Eena" - Chick with a stick
    President of TheOrderOfChaos.

Also haunting testlive.

I keep getting the same message too, and I use Avast!. Its the madhook.dll it doesnt like I think. Can someone explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce
    When I try to download and install AOIS, my antivirus program avast! tells me it finds a virus in the file http://ao.halorn.com/aois2.2.7setup.zip\AOIS Install Folder\Item Parser.CAB\madCodeHookLib.dll. It is supposed to be the virus/worm Win32ataRape-B [Wrm] I get this in both the installation package, and the simple directory version. I was just wondering if it is just me, and should I be concerned?

Edit: I get the same warning from all the programs on www.halorn.com. Is it my computer that is infected, or could it be all the files from halorn?
    i have the same problem with clicksaver, weird tho that avast suddenly recognizes madCodeHoodkLib.dll as a virus...

It's a false alarm. The madcodehook library occasionally shows up as a virus, trojan, or other bit of nastiness every so often. Here is a thread about trouble with Avast and the madcodehook library, though I can't be certain that it's the same false alarm.

I'll pass on the false alarm report to madshi, the author of that library. From what I've seen in the past, he's quite vigilant about contacting antivirus/scanner companies regarding his libraries when a false alarm is reported.

For the sake of paranoia, I went through the files stored on the halorn.com server and none of them reported any trouble with viruses/trojans/etc to me.

As for ClickSaver, I haven't touched the code for that in almost a year. If Avast is suddenly indicating that madcodehooklib.dll contains a trojan, then I would think it's an issue with Avast's recognition system rather than ClickSaver; the version of madcodehook that ClickSaver uses hasn't changed since February 2002! (Incidently AOIS, Pattern Matcher, and Character Profiler all use the exact same version of madcodehook that ClickSaver does.)

Cov

Hmm. Ok. I have a problem. I downloaded the latest version (with DOS parser). But I still have the problem, that I run parser, then open backpacks, close the parser, and then when i try to create the list, in item loader, I get: "No recognized items found".

I have checked so I dont have any working.tmp file in my root directory aswell.. Had the same problem with the old (new, with GUI) version of item parser.

Help me please. I have alot of stuff I want to list and get rid off
    Thorbius (Opifex/Fixer) Equip
    Haldur (Solitus/Soldier)
    Havagrim (Solitus/Adventurer)
    Eldheimner (Atrox/Enforcer)

Proud member of Obsidian Order

Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbius
    But I still have the problem, that I run parser, then open backpacks, close the parser, and then when i try to create the list, in item loader, I get: "No recognized items found".
    Are you loading AO before you run Item Loader? AO has to be running (and completely loaded) before running Item Loader.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    Are you loading AO before you run Item Loader? AO has to be running (and completely loaded) before running Item Loader.
    Yep. I do like this:

1: I start up AO
    2: I dont do any thing what so ever in AO, I just minimize it when its fully running.

3: I Open run Item Parser (Dos Mode nowdays).
    4: I open the backpacks I have in my inv. And minimize AO.
    5: I close item parser
    6: I open item loader, and try to run it
    7: I fail (No items recognized)
    Haldur (Solitus/Soldier)

Blog

Ok. I made it to work. hehe. I had an AOIS file in my root directory of the anarchy folder. Deleted it, and it worked like a charm

Thanks for a wonderful program!
    *grids out*
    Haldur (Solitus/Soldier)

Blog

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast