Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Announcing a program to inventory your backpacks into a text file

The ID issue is solved. Thank you very much for the quick fix. I am back to using this great tool
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

New pattern matcher works just great but my AO client crashes on the next zone after i use item loaded

For me crashing on the next zone was always something that could happen, although I must say it now happends every time, where it used to be 1 our of 3 or 4.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Interesting. I'll look into it.

Was the older Item Loader (the one that made a black screen with white letters) giving you trouble, or is it only the newer version (grey icon, white letters on a grey screen) that is causing issues?
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

For me the older Item Loader (DOS window) had 10-20% chance of crashing on zone. The current version has 100% crash so far.

Very interesting indeed. Perhaps I should make the older version of Item Loader available with the changed required to make it work post 16.1, and see if there is a difference. (I can't do that today but I'll let you know when I have.)
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

I tried to parse my mule's 73 backpacks today, but AOIS didn't read (or write) the backpack names correctly after the 15th backpack. Tried to parse 73 bags... Any clue why this could happen? It says
    Code:
    Backpack # 15 Heals SL Nano Spindles 

Backpack # 16

Backpack # 17 (Large Backpack - Sharp Star)

Backpack # 24 Imp Cluster Abilities (Large Backpack - Sharp Star)
    and goes on from backpack #24 with the correct names starting with what should be backpack #14.

I had no problems getting a list of 29 backpacks on my other mule.
    Just for info: I was single logged at both times and in a backyard. If you need more information I'll provide them as good as I can.
    o.O

That's a completely new one to me. It was just putting the "." on each line, or was it giving you the right contents with the wrong backpack headers?

Namidae, what I'd like you to do is do that run again. Before you run Item Parser, copy the "aois_temp1.inv" file in your AO directory and put it off to the side. Then run the program and see if you get odd results. If you do, then please email the aois_temp1.inv file and the result file that is giving you odd results to me (my email is in the documentation).

Meanwhile, perhaps I ought to compile a version of AOIS with debugging information if it keeps acting up like this.

ok, I got a problem here as well Covenant

I load AOIS prior to loading AO, leave it running then follow the instructions as listed

thing is, it is not creating the aois_temp1.inv file to read, so when I run the item parser, it says no user data found, .......

Any ideas??????

I got a LARGE stock of packs to inventory thru and this is driving me crazy

thanks
    dv

Quote Originally Posted by daman425
    ok, I got a problem here as well Covenant

I load AOIS prior to loading AO, leave it running then follow the instructions as listed

thing is, it is not creating the aois_temp1.inv file to read, so when I run the item parser, it says no user data found, .......
    I'd recommend two things.

First, if you're running a firewall then check to make sure that Item Loader has permission to access the internet. Try turning the firewall completely off and see if that makes a difference.

Second, search your hard drive (Start Menu + Search if you're running XP, Find if you're running 98/ME) for "*.inv" without the quotes. If for some reason Item Loader did make the file but put it into an odd location then that'll find it. If that is the case then please tell me where it ended up, so I can try to duplicate this.

Cov

Cov, when I try to use the 2.2.3 parser I get the same problem as daman425 (the results.inv is located on the root on c drive). However, if I run the parser from 2.2.2 the parser runs, but the result is FUBAR. I.e. blanks, and unknow items etc.

Do you use open source? If so, I'd love to take a peak and perhaps find out what's wrong.

Cheers!
    SH
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Roleplay? Sure! RUR.has.it!

That's... really strange.

Source code for AOIS is on the website. I'm uncertain if it's the latest version, so let me check and if it's not then I'll get the latest up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadehawk
    Cov, when I try to use the 2.2.3 parser I get the same problem as daman425 (the results.inv is located on the root on c drive). However, if I run the parser from 2.2.2 the parser runs, but the result is FUBAR. I.e. blanks, and unknow items etc.

Do you use open source? If so, I'd love to take a peak and perhaps find out what's wrong.

Cheers!
    SH
    Yea, I was getting that intially as well
    I've tried running from the zip file installer as well as the source code

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant
    I'd recommend two things.

First, if you're running a firewall then check to make sure that Item Loader has permission to access the internet. Try turning the firewall completely off and see if that makes a difference.

Second, search your hard drive (Start Menu + Search if you're running XP, Find if you're running 98/ME) for "*.inv" without the quotes. If for some reason Item Loader did make the file but put it into an odd location then that'll find it. If that is the case then please tell me where it ended up, so I can try to duplicate this.

Cov

Gotta a search going now for the .inv
    I'll let you know if I find anything, will take a while for me, I have 700GB of HD space in my rig

As for firewall, I'm on a router, so HTTP ports are available. I handle all my port stuff there and have seen no abnormal requests for ports

Update 2136CST
    No INV files found,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by daman425; Jan 21st, 2006 at 04:37:15.

That's... really strange.

Source code for AOIS is on the website. I'm uncertain if it's the latest version, so let me check and if it's not then I'll get the latest up.
    Thanks! I'll take a crack at it and see if I understand anything.
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Damn! I don't have VC installed, but the latest version of the Item Loader is definitly not creating any .inv files. However, I'm runing this behind a hardware firewall (router) as well. Perhaps that's the problem?

A firewall might be the problem. Try running it without one.

I've personally never run into any firewall problems but that's because I have my environment specifically set up the way I like it. A firewall might view Item Loader as an unallowed program unless it is told otherwise.

A firewall might be the problem. Try running it without one.

I've personally never run into any firewall problems but that's because I have my environment specifically set up the way I like it. A firewall might view Item Loader as an unallowed program unless it is told otherwise.
    What port is AOIS looking for when communicating?

I got no problem opening the port if other then HTTP ports...I won't shutdown my router firewall though

Thumbs up

GJ dude
    Retired Jellie "Ghostforpvp" Bellie 220/18 Atrox Enforcer
    Gimp PvP movie
    Neophyte Cybor "Ghostpimpage" Plz 220/17 Atrox Keeper
    Neophyte Reroll "Ghosnipe" Mfkr 220 /14 Atrox Agent
    Upcomming Its "Gthefix" Ghost 217/16

I was having the same problem where the item loader wasn't saving out any data. I found that if you open item loader right after you login before opening your inventory or anything then it seems to work.

Maybe once you've opened your inventory it knows what you have on you and won't query the server again so Item Loader doesn't see the information?

I was going to take a look at the source code to see what was going on, but it seems the new code isn't up there yet.

I'd really really love a new version of Character Profiler too.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast