Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Announcing a program to inventory your backpacks into a text file

Quote Originally Posted by kiwu
    Definitely generate some XML files from it, "for any creatives out there" (to quote FC). Same goes for AOIS of course, XML as output option would just be very, very cool.
    XML support is already planned; the program will output files in HTML and XML formats as well as a format compatible with Nillian's emulator.

Click here if you'd like a peek at an example output. The format might change a bit but that's a decent example of a "plain-text" HTML version.

Paja2000 : 2.2.0 is the current latest version, and it should work post 15.9. If it worked once for you but then it didn't work, be sure that you're actually using the most recent version (if you have a shortcut to Item Loader, for instance, you'd want to be sure it's aimed at the right actual program). Check the date on the Character Profiler exe and dll; if the date is earlier than April 2005 then you're using a version that won't work post 15.9.

I just checked the programs on the website itself and they're all the latest versions known to work post 15.9.

Also, you have to run AO first before you run Character Profiler or Item Loader.

If those don't solve the problem, PM me and we'll work it out.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Using the version 2.2.0 all the time, and works like a charm. But never used the character export, only ever inventoring backpacks.

For those, try the following:
    1) Sort the backpacks you want listed somewhere in your bank/inventory, so you can find then easy.
    2) Zone. Once or twice to get back to the old spot doesn't matter, but zone.
    3) Start the item loader, and open the backpacks or take them out of the bank. After all are done, close the item loader.
    4) Start Item Parser, and run it.

Works for me all the time.

The reason for zoning is simple: each backpack is only read in once, the first time it's opened or moved into the inventory out of the bank. If you sort backpacks without rezoning, they aren't read in again, and it can't work.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

Alreadythere ty for advice, but I did it like u, but dunno why is not working now, I thought that is not working at all, cos my buddy said that it not working him too.
    Today I got some time, cos huge downtime, so I searched forum for this thread.
    So when I'll get back it to be working is enough just to take backpack from bank to my inventory? I dont have to open it?
    ty

Quote Originally Posted by paja2000
    So when I'll get back it to be working is enough just to take backpack from bank to my inventory? I dont have to open it?
    Yes, that's all I'm doing when listing my bank. Just put them into the inventory (and back, as I usually list more bps then fit )
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup

As Alreadythere mentioned, you can either click so the backpack leaves your bank and enters your inventory, or you can open a backpack already in your inventory.

AOIS will filter out duplicate backpacks. If you're unsure if you've read in a backpack or not then you can read the pack in without fear of duplication.
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Covenant I would like to thank you for great utility and it make it a lot of easier. I dont know why it didnt work but now is working like a charm.
    If I can I have some ideas
    Is possible to store setting of AOIS? Cos in all my export I want to have nondrop stuff marked and I have to click on checkbox everytime ) (damn I'm lazy ) so if is possible to remember last known setting will be great.
    Can be my custom name of backpack on export? Will be easier to find ID disc, cos there is no way to sort it for me (have like 30+ backpacks with id disks)
    thank you again for great program

Quote Originally Posted by paja2000
    Covenant I would like to thank you for great utility and it make it a lot of easier. I dont know why it didnt work but now is working like a charm.
    If I can I have some ideas
    Good to see it's working for you now.

Is possible to store setting of AOIS? Cos in all my export I want to have nondrop stuff marked and I have to click on checkbox everytime ) (damn I'm lazy ) so if is possible to remember last known setting will be great.

Sure, I'll look into that.

Can be my custom name of backpack on export? Will be easier to find ID disc, cos there is no way to sort it for me (have like 30+ backpacks with id disks)
    thank you again for great program

I'm not sure I understand you. The program already looks for and matches custom backpack names to their contents and will list the backpack custom name (if any) next to the item name. Was there something else you wanted it to do as well?

so I dont know it doesnt work for me. I did AI backpacks export and all has a different name in my bank, but is same kind of backpack. I used that method, just moving them from bank to inventory, I didnt open them. You can check it on my web page.
    http://ao.pat.cz/airaid/0527.html
    ty

If it is not picking up your custom back pack names then perhaps you haven't specified your AO install directory. You do this in the Item Parser program, under options.
    General of Black Faction (RK2)
    Mrflibbles TL7 Opi MA setup
    Notumadik TL7 Nano Engie setup
    Holovirus TL7 Nano MP
    Razue TL5 Soli Crat
    Docprozac TL7 Soli Doc setup

Make auto arranging nanos by nanoline possible

Read this entire thread today while being bored, and i just have to say, you deserve a nobel's price, if there is none apropriate then they should add one :P
    I'm defently gonna try these programs when i get my pc up and running again.
    Gratz on the marriage, make sure she doesn't mess with your mastermind

Bump for sticky!

Quote Originally Posted by Egileskimo
    Read this entire thread today while being bored, and i just have to say, you deserve a nobel's price, if there is none apropriate then they should add one :P
    I'm defently gonna try these programs when i get my pc up and running again.
    Gratz on the marriage, make sure she doesn't mess with your mastermind

Bump for sticky!
    That's a really nice thing to say, and it made my day

And no, threads like this never get stickied, because they're not FC programs. I have this pathological fear of bumping my own threads because I don't want them to get deleted, which means that my program threads do tend to drift down the pages. I can't avoid that.

Update time :

I'm working on three things with AOIS -

1. XML support.

Since I now have a decent layout for XML set up with Character Profiler, I feel I can do the same for AOIS.

2. Character recognition

This means that it'll know who you are when you read in backpacks, and default to a directory by the name. The biggest problem I have with this is really a simple annoyance, and that is that in order to make AO send the packet with your character's name in it, you have to zone. It's not that big a deal but I sure would like to find another way.

3. Revamping Item Loader

Item Loader is a pretty out-of-date program; it has the virtue of working as it should, but it badly needs a rewrite. I'd like to make it clear though that it does work as intended and it's not "broken" - I just want to make it better.

So much to do...

Ah well hehe,not suprised. Funcom, with their unlimited wisdom *cough*

Guess we'll just have to make sure that your thread doesnt get burried to far down then

Operation; keep the AOIS prog thread from being burried. Codename: Bump-Camoflage :P

Still haven't had the pleasure of trying the program yet, just got my apartment and waiting for the isp connection to be set up. But then im finaly gonna get my 8 banks sorted once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Egileskimo
    Ah well hehe,not suprised. Funcom, with their unlimited wisdom *cough*

Guess we'll just have to make sure that your thread doesnt get burried to far down then
    Heh, I don't blame FC one bit; I wouldn't want to see the boards devolve into anarchy. Their rules are just fine to me.

Give the program a try Egileskimo and let me know what you think.

As a minor progress report, I have created a nicer version of Item Loader and I have a prototype AOIS that will read in your character's name and offer it as a directory output... a small but useful change. I hope to have a working version up soon.

Covenant any idea why I cannot download anything from your site? I am suing Star Downloader and have tried just right click and save as well?
    ----------------------------------
    Masirxu - lvl 200 Soldier
    Stormkeep - lvl 107 Keeper
    Stormfix - lvl 102 Fixer
    NicStorm - lvl 134 Advy
    Stormforcer - lvl 131 enforcer
    DrThunder - lvl 121 Doctor
    Stormeta - lvl 121 MP

Quote Originally Posted by NicStorm
    Covenant any idea why I cannot download anything from your site? I am suing Star Downloader and have tried just right click and save as well?
    I ran into a problem a few months back with programs like Star Downloader, so the server won't allow connections with that.

Please try it as a normal download, and if it gives you problems then let me know. It's only a few megs in size.

Make a similar program to work in real life, kthx.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Thanks for a brilliant program!! This will make my life so much easier.

Any tips for someone who has 70 full packs o' junk though? I can only read 30 at a time (the amount a full inv window holds).
    "Quests should always be optional. 100% of the time. Then they can be fun instead of a chore. A player should never have to stop and do a quest, or camp, or need a team in order to advance in the game. That's anti-fun, anti-player game design. " - Angelnova

You can do your complete bank in one go:
    1) Put as many unread bps as your inv can hold into inventory.
    2) Put them back into bank.
    3) go to 1) until no new bps left.

Works always for me.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup

Quote Originally Posted by Alreadythere
    You can do your complete bank in one go:
    1) Put as many unread bps as your inv can hold into inventory.
    2) Put them back into bank.
    3) go to 1) until no new bps left.

Works always for me.
    Oh, ok...I thought that since it reads from the bank to inv, that the reverse was true and it would read the items again as I moved the packs back. Thanks! I'll give it a go... [EDIT to add: Works great! Thanks again!]

Even so, this still gets my vote for Most Useful 3rd party app ever...yep, I think it's even handier than Clicksaver.
    Last edited by Hippyshake; Aug 23rd, 2005 at 22:51:50.
    "Quests should always be optional. 100% of the time. Then they can be fun instead of a chore. A player should never have to stop and do a quest, or camp, or need a team in order to advance in the game. That's anti-fun, anti-player game design. " - Angelnova

Quote Originally Posted by Hippyshake
    Oh, ok...I thought that since it reads from the bank to inv, that the reverse was true and it would read the items again as I moved the packs back. Thanks! I'll give it a go... [EDIT to add: Works great! Thanks again!]

Even so, this still gets my vote for Most Useful 3rd party app ever...yep, I think it's even handier than Clicksaver.
    Glad to hear it worked out for you

By the way, if you read in the same backpack twice by mistake, AOIS will only list that backpack once. If you're unsure if you read in a particular backpack or not, you can read it in again without worrying about unintended duplicates.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast