Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Announcing a program to inventory your backpacks into a text file

Announcing a program to inventory your backpacks into a text file

Hi everyone, I'd like to announce the release of the AO Inventory System, a program (actually a series of programs) that will allow you to determine the contents of your backpacks and store that in a text file. Yes, this is the long-asked-for bank inventory program.

It does not require /tells to a bot; it reads in your backpack contents similar to how ClickSaver reads in mission information.

An example output list is here. For the curious, it can process up to ten thousand items, which is over three times the possible number of items a player can have at a given time in their inventory and bank, assuming every possible space was taken up by a full backpack.

You can find the program here.

There is a minor issue that if you open packs in your inventory too fast the program misses a backpack on occasion - just open the packs a few seconds apart. This problem hasn't happened when you move items from your bank to your inventory though.

Oh, one last thing that has to be said - just like ClickSaver, this is a "third-party" program that is not supported by FC or the ARKs. You use it at your own risk, and if you run into a problem with it, FC cannot help you! (And to be quite clear, it never asks for or uses your username or password!)
    Last edited by Covenant; Feb 16th, 2005 at 10:24:53.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

I just tried this, I was quite impressed with the result. Used it for 17 packs and listed everything in a text document after the process was complete. I think I might want to use this often. I would show the file on a webpage to prove it, but I don't have one, so yeah.
    This sig has been erased, got 3 PMs while I was unsuscribed cause it was too long

Oh, I think I found a possible bug. I had taken some packs out of my bank and put them back as you said you could do and get the reading, but I got no results for these. Do you have to manually open them? Also, are empty packs shown? I didn't check their contents, so I'm not sure if they were or not.
    This sig has been erased, got 3 PMs while I was unsuscribed cause it was too long

Glad to hear the program worked out for you.

If it isn't catching a backpack, let me know what the circumstances are. At the risk of losing half the audience to technical stuff - The datastream that it reads for backpack information is also used by AO for other things. It reads each packet, decides if it's a backpack or not, and if it is it processes the backpack item data. I can see where if AO sent two packets, it might miss the second while it processes the first.

Short version - try this in a nice quiet location, ideally an empty shop, so AO isn't receiving a lot of other traffic.. Take it easy when you open each pack or move it from your bank to your inventory.

As for empty packs, the program doesn't record those. Because there's no item data transferred from server to client, there's no item data to record.

I've looked over your post again and I might have been unclear when I wrote something earlier - when you move a pack from your bank to your inventory the program reads it, but it won't read it when you move it back to your bank. Sorry for the confusion.
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

I guess i can stop working on my version of this then...

I'll check it out in a bit... Send me a PM or something dude, I have a TON of ideas for how you can make this into a very very very useful program.

-Gnarf

Wow... very nice of you to have figured out how to do this. For so long I have simply thought that it was not possible.

I'm at work now, so can't test the program yet, but here is a suggestion.

Is it also possible to make it, so that it outputs the list in HTML with the items being linked to their aodb.info information?

And thinking of it, an output option to do the same, but instead of HTML have it in UBB code could be handy as well.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

OMG I can already see massive bank sales comming
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer

So.. As it sounds like.. You need to "scan" each backpack?
    Now, the next version.. I would bet someone invents something that Scans your entire bank and Inventory, without having to open each backpack etc :=

Great nice program.. I tried 3 toons with full banks. well worth the wait during the item parse.

Thanks Cov

Ill
    -Sin

My Toonage

Originally posted by Dyna18
    Is it also possible to make it, so that it outputs the list in HTML with the items being linked to their aodb.info information?

And thinking of it, an output option to do the same, but instead of HTML have it in UBB code could be handy as well.
    That's a great idea, but, someone beat you in suggesting that to me.

Already working on that for the next version!

EDIT : Feature now in place, scroll down a few posts...
    Last edited by Covenant; May 27th, 2004 at 17:45:13.

Originally posted by Charfbiz2
    So.. As it sounds like.. You need to "scan" each backpack?
    Now, the next version.. I would bet someone invents something that Scans your entire bank and Inventory, without having to open each backpack etc :=
    "Scan" is too technical-sounding. There are three ways to "scan" a backpack, and one is to simply is left-click on a backpack in your bank to move it to your inventory. Viola, program reads it.

How much for Backpack #5!
    Backpack # 5
    HSR - Sketch and Etch - Legs QL:10
    HSR - Sketch and Etch - Chestpiece QL:10
    HSR - Sketch and Etch - Arms QL:10
    HSR - Sketch and Etch - Boots QL:10
    HSR - Sketch and Etch - Gloves QL:10
    HSR - Sketch and Etch - Helmet QL:10
    Generic Ring Template QL:10
    Book: How To Make An Arul Saba Bracelet QL:1
    Control Unit Helmet QL:78
    Mass Relocating Robot (Shape Hard Armor) QL:194
    Mass Relocating Robot (Shape Soft Armor) QL:57
    Screwdriver QL:10
    Screwdriver QL:10
    Experimental Mole Robot Sonar QL:47
    Accelerated NCU Memory QL:200
    Repair Coordination Assistant QL:150
    Wire Drawing Machine QL:196

Looks like a great program. Can't wait to try it out tonight!

Bank sales were re-invented!!!

After you list your inventory in market forum someone send a tell to ya:

"I want the Systolic Equalizer ID, found on 6th backpack, 14th item"

So much faster! ^^

As a future expansion, you could make an option to list the item in the output file already in the Forum format, with a link to Auno ou Jayde page

Great work!

You asked for it... and by golly, you got it! Version 1.1.0 tested and now available.

AOIS now supports multiple output formats. You have three choices now -

1. Plain text
    2. Formatted for UBB (for forum posts) with links to Auno.org
    3. Formatted for HTML with links to Auno.org

Here's an example of UBB formatting...

Backpack # 1
    QL 134 Sellers Crystal III
    QL 90 Bhotaar Pattern The Elysian Soul Dredge
    QL 130 Residing Left Wrist Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban
    QL 150 Spirit of the Innocent
    QL 166 Ring of Power - Elements
    QL 90 Abhan Pattern The Elysian Soul Dredge
    QL 1 Insignia of Galahad
    QL 100 Spongy Novictum

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Covenant; Jan 21st, 2005 at 18:39:43.

just as I installed, dumped etc this happens
    ohwell..
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer

Go Vora ... Go Vora

great program .... gotta download newest version!!!
    Soylent Green IS People!!!!!!!

Awesome program, makes organizing banks *almost* fun!
    [ Ibuildit - 168 Engineer ]
    [ Iblitzit - 184 Fixer ]
    [ Islashthings - 172 Enforcer ]
    [ Isnipeit - 145 Agent ]
    [ Ihealit - 126 Doctor ]
    [ Istrikeit - 203 Martial Artist ]
    [ Istabit - 136 Shade ]
    [ Ishootit - 110 Soldier ]
    [ Koketsu - 171 Meta-Physicist ]

Levels: 1415
    Life: 0

On running ItemParser I get:

Run-Time Error '429';

ActiveX Component can't create object

And than if I try to zone AO crashes (tried 3 times, 3 different zones, and I normally near never crash).

Any thoughts what could be wrong?
    Rimor - Omni - Hater of Neuts - Inactive since ehm... a long time ago

220/19 Scerrifo - Adventurer - "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Mikura: And unlike you...I do "get" the agg bar...its simple...you find a heckler...set the agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took you to kill it...find another heckler....change your agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took to kill it...

randomletter: Which advs exactly know more than me and are better than me? (Guide as to why he is the best Adv)

The usual reason for that is not having the VB Runtime files (or having outdated ones). There's a link to it in the AOIS page (here).

If that's not it, then close AO after you run Item Loader to get your backpacks read in, and try the Parser. Maybe something in your system doesn't like having AO and the Parser running.

If that's not it, then reboot after running the Loader and then run the Parser.

If that's not it, PM me and we'll hash it out.
    Last edited by Covenant; Jan 21st, 2005 at 19:10:02.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast