Thread: Add Damage vs Crit

Add Damage vs Crit

After some rough maths, using my own perk setup (Resulting in 100 hits per minute, on average) I concluded that 1% Crit = 7.616
    So take the igoc off your Shades. MOTR is better.
    And the DB sleeves/Chest. Dchest/CM is apparently better now.

Oh, this applies to people using dual Xans like me, and I'm gonna guess that it's not all too different on Mediblade.
    Last edited by Wyoming; Oct 15th, 2013 at 12:06:40.
    I'm Batman.

- Remember, my perk setup is the one I used; this is only true if you:
    Use the highest damage proc
    SP/TR/PM10
    CONC/COLI/Shadow10
    I'm Batman.

crit setup shade does a tone more damage than add dmg shade

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    I concluded that 1% Crit = 7.616
    7.616 what?

If a crit hit is 2000 points higher than normal, you make 2k more dmg every 100 hits. Now in an optimal situation you make 40 hits with normals and 10 fast attacks so 50 hits every minute so 1% hit rate gives you 20 more dmg per hit and results in 1k more dpm. There are also backstabs but ive no idea how are they calculated except fact that i do way more dmg with them if i wear crit scope.

CC gives you +10 so its +500 dpm from normal hits. Now you count how many perk actrions and procs you hit on an average and you see the results. It should be very similar to +1% crit tbh but strong armor gives you benefit of having your weapons at mbs even before aao drains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senzatzii View Post
    crit setup shade does a tone more damage than add dmg shade
    Any argumentation behind this?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Really, Senz. Learn to 18.6.
    I just did the numbers. And +1% crit is on average about 950 damage per minute (not counting luck) - And add damage flat out dupes itself by 100 due to insane amount of hits. This isn't even counting double procs or research procs.

If you're gonna troll me, I will throw numbers at you.
    I'm Batman.

I didn't include Backstabs, since they are reliant on teammates and this is for solo. And perks are affected, Contra. 100 hits per minute. 125 if I include procs. And yes, I did all of the numbers and such; but remember, add damage is counted 2.5x as much. I have 50 perks which can fire off in a minute (some have 25s recharge, some have 120, as you know).

Min damage, at MBS, is 1428 apparently. Something about that makes me think it should really be around the 2400 mark; I blame AR nerfs.

Base crit at MBS is 3808.

Crit bonus = 2380.

I forgot to include Fast attacks, but that only adds 25% to the crit damage per minute.
    So, about 1200.
    All that does is make DB Chest worth it, which was a given due to 2k ACs and 500 hp.

So, using the 125 hits per minute, it's safe to deduce that 1 +damage = +125 damage per minute.

Now, again, I forgot Fast Attack. But let's include that this time.

(952*1.25)/125 - that basically gives you how much +damage you need to be equal to 1 crit.

Which, conveniently, I didn't need to math due to it being nice and tidy.

So, a CM Sleeve is better than a DB sleeve.
    MOTR is better than an iGoc.
    Etc, etc.
    I'm Batman.

i'm not gonna stay here and QQ, i'll just gonna say that with dmg dumper in crit setup i did 430k dpm
    with full add dmg i did 370k dpm
    either dmg dumper is wrong, or you are bad at math

I have 50 perks which can fire off in a minute (some have 25s recharge, some have 120, as you know).
    Are you sure? If you have 50 perks and they fire up from 25 up to 120s you cant simply say you have 50 perk actions every minute.

You have 7 actions from PM on 30 s timer. If you use them all you have 14 perk actions.

Now SP is 7 actions every 25s. Thats around 15 actions per minute

TR is 7 with 40s recharge - around 10 - 11 per minute.

Top proc is 26% so with 50 hits per minute = 13 actions.

And so on, its 53 actions already and there is also ai perk line, le procs etc. etc. But 50 should be kinda close to the truth as there are lags etc.

I think 1% crit is very close to +10 dmg/hit. That makes motr better than igoc, and db chest almost equal to dchest but slightly worse.
    Last edited by Ciex; Oct 15th, 2013 at 18:03:53.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Who cares ? Gimping your shade for max DD is so 2005. Balance your shade between regular (shade-)DD and def or go full def/hp setup for pvm. You will still do good damage and maintain reasonable survival.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Why not, if i die i simply say enf is a noob.

I didn't include Backstabs, since they are reliant on teammates and this is for solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Why not, if i die i simply say enf is a noob.
    Bringing enf is not solo, not even if it's you; dual-logged.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Wyo's numbers are in the right neightbourhood, I did them too when that patch came live. You're a bit high on number of perk hits, tho, as SP perks aren't affected (drain has no damage part, and DoT has not the "initial tick", that's the only one affected by damage change - compare Unsealed Blight and SHD, which benefits from the +dmg). The same is true to DoT-type research procs.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

Exultation (Oh, yeah, I saw the drains BUT there's a 5% chance of double proc.)
    And as for SP DoTs, they indeed are affected, or scale with AR; mine hit for 700ish without TR perks, and 1000ish with.
    I'm Batman.

Procs are also set off by the damage aspect. I was iffy on the SP drain parts doing it too, but as I said, 0.25*0.25 = 0.05. That's the chance of a double proc. So, factor in the 5ish double procs and my numbers are near enough the same.

I also didn't factor in SHD.

Lemme put you in the picture for the perks, though.

Exultation x 5
    TR x 1.5 x 7
    SP x 2.4 x 7
    PM x 2 x 7
    Bore x 0.5
    Bot Confinement x 0.5
    Crave/Nano Feast x 1 (I just didn't want to get too nitpicky there)
    Shadow 10 perk (forgot the name)
    Chaos Ritual x 0.6 (I docked a little here)

5 + 10.5 + 16.8 + 14 + 1 + 2 + 0.6 + 50 from regulars/Fast Attack.
    Oh, and Diffuse. Makes it up to 100.

I had room for error; if something was unable to proc, I noticed that Sneaking Health Drain can proc (Which is hilarious for PvP - BAM, 2.5k nuke) which factors in as an instacast extra, with 12 per minute.

I rounded to 100 for ease of communication, and all of those attacks can proc, hence the 125. It's technically 126, but for others it's probably 125.
    Last edited by Wyoming; Oct 15th, 2013 at 19:08:24.
    I'm Batman.