Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dust Brigade Attacks Omni-Med

Originally posted by Docgalaad
    I usually dont play RP, i dont like that.
    But please, correct that, Dust Brigade have never been clanner.
    Do you play the game sometimes ?
    OOC:

No, the Dust brigade has never been clan...FC chooses not to introduce 4th and 5th factions into the game so everyone you see is tagged as OT, Clan, or neutral, although their true faction is none of those three. For example, Loren Warr and the other mercs that used to be in NLC weren't OT employees....they were just mercenaries leaning a bit towards the OT side. The Dust Brigade attacks everyone sooner or later. In the events I've been at I personally have always seen Dust Brigade members tagged as neutral or Omni. They may also be tagged as clan sometimes, but they're really a 4th faction opposed to everyone else, if you actually read what little they've said to the public.

IC: (All links are to the rimor RP forum)

If anything, the incident in Borealis a few months back indicates OT employees are more likely to support the Dust Brigade rather than opposing them. The same incident shows at least some entire clans will fight against them. This is not rumor or hearsay, but what I've actually witnessed for myself. If you're OT and you don't like this assessment, don't go charging into battles you don't understand.
    Last edited by Keldros; May 25th, 2004 at 17:53:40.

OOC: Thank you, i begin to understand why the RP storytellers took this point of view.
    RK1: Docgalaad 215 Doctor - Freelance Bug Hunter
    Nah ! I'm not fat ! I just have got a big nano pool !
    Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Ideology is a form of illiteracy. Those addicted to it cannot understand but what fits their pattern.

So if you want to believe that Dust Brigade is like Sentinels is like Clan then so be it. Your freedom includes your right to remain dumb if you so choose. But don't expect me to applaud you for that, nor will I waste my time explaining the beauty of colors to the blind.

Think of us what you want, honestly I do not care. You have not managed to eradicate or even conquer us in the past 200 years, you will not be able to do it now so your brave words are nothing but hollow threats.

Pathetic

-D
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Addendum: We just repelled a Dust Brigade attack on Athens. Now how does that fit into your argumentation?
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Welcome to world of Rubi-Kan politics where everything you do or say will be followed shortly by someone from the other 'side' calling it propaganda or yourself evil.

May I suggest that the newly reformed Council of Truth make a public denouncement/dis-owning of the Dust Brigade to put beyond doubt, the matter of if they are still considered to be a Clan? Some friendly advice from a concerned Rubi-Kan citizen.

Administrator Houston
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

It never ceases to amaze me how clanners try to claim their freedom fighters in a desperate bid for the moral high ground.

To those moral crusaders, why dont you go walk along the wall of West Athens and take good long look at a sign ya'all have in Athens shire side of the wall there. Upon which dangles evidence of the true nature of the clans.

Terrorism.
    Corporal "Ducimus" Flanders
    Soldier, Rk-1
    Omni-pol
    To Serve and Protect...

Originally posted by Anualken
    Who has on numerous occasions voiced their support for the Dust Brigade's attacks on neutral and Omni-Tek personnell? The Sentinels.
    Got any evidence to support that? There are many things one could say about Silverstone, but that he is a Dust supporter is not one of them. Unless you can come up with evidence that Silverstone has actually voiced support for the Dusters, I'm going to have to call this baseless propaganda.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

DB

Dust Brigade defiently launched an attack on Old Athens......

To my knowledge there was only one clan-affiliated group that openly voiced their support for Dust Brigade and that was Red Freedom, an organization no longer existent and their leader Portman jailed.

The claims have been manifold, from the CoT supporting DB, from various clans doing it and I even remember someone blaming Sol Banking of secretly funding them.

The truth is, we do not know. Dust Brigade, despite all the efforts and the time we put into research, remains a mystery to us. We do not know who funds them and we can only guess what their agenda is - apart from causing terror.

I do not try to fight for a moral higher ground. I have my beliefs and I know why I fight. Also, I am not a friend of hollow words. If I call for a CoT declaration against Dust Brigade terror, will it do any good? I doubt so. The people who do not trust us will not believe it. The people who trust us know that the Council would not and cannot support such a group of terrorists.

-D
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

Those blaming Dust Brigade on the CoT may not understand what the CoT really is about....
    Just a friendly suggestion.
    How about a thorough and close explanation on what you really do? I think many would like a overwiev on your agenda. Offcourse Im not asking you to reveal all your secrets but maybe a official note on your agenda and plans explained in easy language would help people understand you better.

What will you do now for example? Now that Silverstone as spokeperson option is out. Throw us a bone will ya.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Aerinyi
    Unless you can come up with evidence that Silverstone has actually voiced support for the Dusters, I'm going to have to call this baseless propaganda.
    Most point to the statements made by Speaker Silverstone through Sentinel Central Press Relations, where he said “There is not now, nor will there be in the immediate future, an arrest warrant for the Dust Brigade issued from this office.”

This was issued after a low ranking Sentinels attempted to issue an arrest warrant following an attack on the clans. To many, this was a clear indication of support for the Dust Brigade’s actions.

Full transcripts are available from the IRRK here.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

A full read of the article reveals that there is no support from Sentinels for the Dust Brigade, just no issuing of an arrest warrant. That hardly qualifies as proof for your claims. And the "many" were but a few, and even back then the voices who opposed the assumption were present, so I'm not even telling you anything new.

But the point you try to make is already becoming moot.

What is more important is that if we continue to let even a common enemy divide us even further then he has accomplished more than he must have dreamed of.

Dust Brigade is our common enemy. Even if we disagree in many other things, we should try to sort this out together. The Council of Truth will be in session this weekend and I am sure the topic of Dust Brigade's latest acts of terrorism will be on the agenda.

-D
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

Originally posted by Marisha

Most point to the statements made by Speaker Silverstone through Sentinel Central Press Relations, where he said “There is not now, nor will there be in the immediate future, an arrest warrant for the Dust Brigade issued from this office.”

This was issued after a low ranking Sentinels attempted to issue an arrest warrant following an attack on the clans. To many, this was a clear indication of support for the Dust Brigade’s actions.

Full transcripts are available from the IRRK here.
    I'd actually all but forgotten about that. Regardless, nowhere does Silverstone support the Dusters, only that he has no plans of issuing an arrest warrant against them. There could be any number of reasons for that, chief among them the fact that the Sentinels likely would not have been able to actually serve such a warrant on their own (note that at that time Sentinel support among the clans was at an all time low).
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

So by the INTERPRETATION of "many" with NO actual PROOF, the Sentinels support the DB. wow. How could I have been so blind?

Silverstone is a lot of things I hate and despise but I don't belive he's a Dust Brigrade supporter. When I hear it from the man himself or some ranking person that the Sentinels offically support DB, then I'll belive it. Some low level nobody going off an making a fool of themselves hardly qualifies. A Omni-pol cadet making a statement that Omni-Tek has declared war on Sol Bank and the ICC would be equally disbeliveable.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I don't believe my statement was taken the right way. I was not saying that Silverstone and the Sentinels are providing military support to the dusters, merely that he giving support by promoting their actions and preventing much Clan retaliation against them. Either way, I don't believe that the Dust Brigade needs much in the way or supplies and armaments from old Simon and his cronies. While they run around with fake deer skulls on their heads, the Dusters are fielding some of the most advanced armor and weapons I have ever encountered. I personally helped fell two of them during the Rome Red attack some months ago and was taken aback by the amount of firepower they can absorb. It took minutes of concentrated attack to bring down even one. It was like taking jabs at a Slayerdroid with a cracked toothpick. It was a shame that their bodies disintegrated too soon for the armor to be recovered for analysis, another one of their many tricks. I am convinced that these terrorists have offworld support. Wheter that source is SOL Bank, I do not know, and seriously doubt. There has been a great deal of animosity between Omni-Tek and SOL Bank, and we would notice such things being smuggled on-planet by one of their ships.

And finally, one last subject: What more do the Clans want from us? They claim that this war started because Omni-Tek "oppressed" and "mistreated" its workers. I'm an Omni-Tek employee, and I see absolutely no evidence of this. I am just an engineer, basically a mechanic, yet I enjoy an almost princely salary and roomy flat in Rome. The clans no longer stand for freedom and democracy, the only reason I can see for their continued fighting is this: greed. The only reason they have left to keep up their struggle is that they want Rubi-Ka, and the notum, to be completely under their control. While most Omni-Tek employees mainly live out there lives, an ever increasing number of clanners devote themselves entirely to destroying Omni-Tek notum mines to build their own there. It really brings to question exactly who the "good" guys are anymore.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Originally posted by Anualken
    . It really brings to question exactly who the "good" guys are anymore.
    There are ,in my opinion, both kinds on both sides. Even all three sides if you count the Neutrals. Good and bad isnt all black and white anymore.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Regardless, nowhere does Silverstone support the Dusters, only that he has no plans of issuing an arrest warrant against them.
    This is true. However, on the Omni-Tek side of the border, many saw this as an implied consent of the Dust Brigade actions. To some, it’s much like knowing that your neighbor beats his wife, but you do nothing about it. Silence equals agreement.

There could be any number of reasons for that, chief among them the fact that the Sentinels likely would not have been able to actually serve such a warrant on their own (note that at that time Sentinel support among the clans was at an all time low).
    I don’t have access to any public opinion polls from the clans, so I can’t dispute that statement. However, in the south, many felt that even a token arrest warrant that was enforceable inside Sentinel held territories, for instance the City of Tir, would have been preferable to the inaction Silverstone displayed. Perhaps he is now only taking on battles he is assured he can win. I believe I saw the transcript of a speech he made in Athens a few years ago where I believe he indicated that popular support was not a prerequisite for his taking action. However, I’m having difficulty finding it on the grid, so I do not wish to make any claims to the contents of his speech. However, he does seem to be making the transition from warlord to politician nicely.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Originally posted by Marisha
    I believe I saw the transcript of a speech he made in Athens a few years ago where I believe he indicated that popular support was not a prerequisite for his taking action. However, I’m having difficulty finding it on the grid, so I do not wish to make any claims to the contents of his speech. However, he does seem to be making the transition from warlord to politician nicely.
    I think you misunderstand me. I doubt Silverstone much cared about the popularity of his actions; however, the practical concern of whether or not his clan had the resources to pursue a warrant on their own, without support from other clans. Within Sentinel territory itself, I don't think he really needs to issue a warrant; in fact, I'm not aware of the Sentinels having issued an arrest warrant for anyone since they've taken power in Tir. I seriously doubt that would stop them from shooting Dusters on sight.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

Personally...

...I could give 2 squiggly <expletive deleted by author> about what The Sentinels do, say or otherwise. I find it sad or maybe simply pathetic that Omni employees cannot see about how a democratic order works as opposed to a big huge lug of a corporation, where the cogs all go here and fit snug and spin in the way the machine wants it to spin. I chose Clan because, unlike the corporation employees, I choose for myself. Freedom is the watchword, and personal responsibility is the order of the day. What the Sentinels say do not have a damn thing to do with me, since I do not support them, nor do I wish to affiliate with them, although my organization seems to wish this. I can see why they do from the perspective of a tactical thinker. Omni behaves badly on the battlefield, and with little in the way of honor as I see it. Certainly there are exceptions, but they are so few they are not noteworthy.

In any event, since most of us in the Clans don't even like what the Sentinels stand for, since they are kind of bloodthirsty in my opinion (I'd have never gone for harming neutrals that come into our cities), what gives any of you Omni spin doctors the cockamamey idea that the Dust Brigade is a faction that could even remotely call themselves Clan? Ha. What a farce. What they do goes nowhere near the Clan ethos, which is very Libertarian in the purest form of the word. How does the slaughter of Omni, Clan and Neutral alike fit into the Clan strategy? Keeping a lack of stability serves no one, and most Clanners do not approve of the continual warfare that decimates our population, drains this planet's resources, keeps warmongering profiteers in business and continues to drain our attention from the most important thing that has happened on our beloved Rubi-Ka. The ship that has crash landed in Mort.

No, when people read the intentions, actions and aftermath of what the Dust Brigade ultimately stands for, anyone who even for the briefest moment tries to lump them in with Clan are living in a fantasy land. I don't see many Clanners saying it, so you Omni's need a word of advice. Get out of the Fantasy Land simulators and breath some real Rubi-Ka air, look at the facts properly, and come to the same conclusion that most of us already have.

The Dust Brigades are a blot upon my homeland, and the day we root them out utterly and destroy them to the last will be nearly as glorious as the day that Omni-Tek, Clan and Neutral can live in peace and harmony.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.
    -----------------------------------

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast