Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wake up Boss Ross!

Wake up Boss Ross!

Wake up Boss Ross!
    Chilia Moran

(OTPC) -- The Dust Brigade continues their attacks on Omni-Tek, Neutrals, and Clansmen alike, but what is Boss Ross doing about it? Nothing. I was able to gather a few opinions from locals, there were some very interesting topics covered. In order to better understand the Dust Brigade attacks, I researched some of the historical context to recap what has happened during the past few years.

October 7, 29466:
    One thousand, four hundred, and sixty-six Omni-Tek soldiers are massacred in six separate assaults across OT-held territory. Witnesses at four of the sites report seeing commandos wearing crimson uniforms, hoods, and environmental masks. At the same time, insurance-pattern databases in Omni-1 are sabotaged. There is no hope for any of the murdered soldiers. The attackers were later identified as the Dust Brigade. Yet, instead of trying to track down the attackers, Ross ordered the forces of Omni-Tek to retaliate against the Clans, causing massive civilian casualties and almost completely destroying the infrastructure in the North. The Clans own retaliation lead to a massive defeat to Omni-Tek forces.

July 15, 29470:
    A series of coordinated terrorist attacks against civilian Omni-Tek targets across the south - accompanied by broadcasts of the slogan "Dust to Dust" from hacked satellites. Once again Ross had no response.

December 19, 29475:
    An apartment complex in Omni-1 is leveled to the ground by an anti-matter explosion. The words "dust to dust" once more echo across Rubi-Ka, and for those who remember the last war, the tentative and long hoped-for peace now appears a lost cause.

January, 29475:
    Omni-Pol enters the city of Sabulum in the Perpetual Wastelands to investigate Dust Brigade propaganda. The Clans did not agree approve of the investigation, and forced Omni-Pol to retreat. Omni-Pol did not return to complete their investigation.

February, 29475:
    The Dust Brigade attacked civilians and military targets on all sides. Several high ranking department leaders were also attacked, however there were no permanent deaths. Later that month then the Omni-Tek department leaders send Ross an ultimatum, his response what that he was doing all he could. The public never saw these supposed 'actions' being taken by Ross, Omni-Pol, or the Omni-Tek Armed Forces.

August, 29475:
    An unknown man is found killed in Lush Fields Resort. Omni-Pol investigates. The Dust Brigade appeared and began a small fire-fight. Several were killed, including the first Dust Brigade commando. One small victory for Ross. However, we never found out who the man was, nor how far involved he was with the Dust Brigade. Once again, Ross kept quiet.

One month later, the Council of Truth disappeared after discovering that someone within was involved with the Dust Brigade. The two involved were killed by the Brigade. The council was no where to be found after this incident and Ross did not search for their whereabouts. Instead, he removed the Tir accord, thereby escalating the growing crisis.

All of this was just part of Ross' inability to take out this terrorist group. Even the Clans offered their help, but no, that was not good enough. The blood bath continues, with hundreds of civilians killed. Even when parts of the Dust Brigade broke off to follow the lunatic known as Midia, Ross still did not grab the chance to wipe at least a part of them out. Instead he began to salute the Neutral's idea of hiring a mercenary group, lead by Loren Warr, one of Ross puppets. Yet, he supported Loren's removal.

Even with the recent attacks on Omni-Med, and Omni-Intern OP, Borealis, even Old Athen, he still does not do anything. Come on Ross, Wake up! Action is needed now! Or are you still claiming that your people are investigating this?

Regardless of the negative opinions towards the points I have made so far, each of us should still be asking the question: Why is the Dust Brigade still able to make their attacks on major Rubi-Ka cities? I am not the only one who is sick and tired of the wall of silence we hear from Ross and Omni-Admin.

I was able to discuss the current events with "Jellobiafra", President of First Order:

Chilia: I assume that you have heard about the resent attacks by the Dust Brigade correct?
    Jellobiafra: Yes, I have. Very disturbing.
    Chilia: Have you then noticed that nothing has been done about them?
    Jellobiafra: Yes, and it's not something I understand. Many Omni employees stand at the ready to wipe the planet of their filth.
    Chilia: What do you think about Ross' abilities, or lack there off, to handle these terrorists?
    Jellobiafra: Well, although I stand behind Ross, it may be soon for certain Omni leaders to take control of the situation if he isn't willing to act.
    Chilia: What steps do you think must be taken to eliminate the Dust Brigade?
    Jellobiafra: A good percentage of Omni forces should be taken off the front lines with the Clans, and utilized to take care of the situation. The Clans we can deal with, but the Dust Brigade is too unpredictable to allow continuing.
    Chilia: You do known that there are only 10.000 Omni-Pol soldiers and a few thousands OTAF troops on the planet? Those would hardly be enough.
    Jellobiafra: Trained soldiers, yes. However, the lives of all Omni Tek employees are on the line, and many are willing to step up and do the right thing if asked.
    Chilia: Yes. But it may not be enough. Would you, if you could, bring more troops to Rubi-Ka?
    Jellobiafra: Bringing more troops to the planet is an option I'd be willing to look into. However, it comes down to information, and tactics. What we need is reliable information on the Dust Brigade, so we are able to deal with them on OUR terms. As long as we allow them to keep bringing the fight to us, no amount of troops can win this war.
    Chilia: There is no war as long as it is not official.
    Jellobiafra: And that may be our biggest mistake. Why not make it official? Our cities are under attack by another force. It's time we do something about it. It's time we pressure Ross to get off his comfy chair and untie our hands. Give us what we need to clean Rubi Ka of these, terrorists.
    Chilia: And what do you need to do this?
    Jellobiafra: Information, and troops. Either of those without the other is useless.
    Chilia: Troops can be provided, but information is harder. Do you want to smash down Clanner's doors and ask them questions?
    Jellobiafra: If that is what it takes, yes. But, utilizing the intelligence tools at our disposal can also get us information. If Ross is willing to let them.
    Chilia: And what will you do if Ross keeps ignoring these events?
    Jellobiafra: I will only say that as the leader of First Order, there are others in my position around, others that feel as I do, who are ready to take the matter into our own hands. By whatever means are necessary. Do not ask me who they are. Do not ask me specifics. Just know that we are tired of sitting back and allowing this to happen.
    Jellobiafra: I see... Do you have a last comment to add?
    Jellobiafra: Omni-Tek can only stay strong, if its leaders are strong. If a leader is seen as weak, the people beneath him will soon grow tired. Do something Boss Ross, and soon. Or there will be changes. That is all.

Next, I interviewed Ryatha "Ambyrle" Clyburn, Board Member of Omni-Mining [IC].

Chilia: As you know, the Dust Brigade has made many attacks the past few weeks, and no one seems to be trying to stop it, why is that?
    Ambyrle: Lack of organization. I was at the attack on Omni-Med.
    Chilia: What do you think about Boss Ross ability or lack there off, to handle these terrorists?
    Ambyrle: Hard to say. Seems to be lack there of. Feels leaderless.
    Chilia: I see... Do you think that Ross is unable, or unwilling to solve this crisis?
    Ambyrle: I don't know. But I don't think he is unwilling or I'd like to think that anyways.
    Chilia: What steps do you think must be taken to eliminate the Dust Brigade?
    Ambyrle: Brute force.
    Chilia: So... Do you support the factions that want more troops brought to Rubi-Ka?
    Ambyrle: In this matter, yes.
    Chilia: What kind of troops would you bring here, if you could choose? Regular troops or the more, shall we say brutal forces in the OTAF?
    Ambyrle: I think it will take Special Forces. I'm really not best to ask about which, we need good leadership so possibly combined forces of OP and OTAF.
    Chilia: I see. Do you have any last comment to add?
    Ambyrle: Just that a statement from Ross would help encourage Omnis.

It seems as though the civilian population is willing to do what it takes to keep Omni-Tek and Rubi-Ka alike safe. However, the public is not recieving a statement that takes any standpoint on the matter from Ross!

I was also able to have a chat with Omni-Pol members Michelle "Jadeshimmer" McCulloch, Carl "Zanquan" Anunziata, and Ervin "Dreadking" Shelling. I asked them what they were doing to keep the civilians safe, and unlike others, they were not very forthcoming:

Chilia: During the past few weeks, the Dust Brigade have attacked Omni-1, Omni-Med, and Intern OP. Old Athens and Borealis were hit recently as well.
    Chilia: My question is what do you plan to do about it? As Ross has not done a thing...
    Jadeshimmer: I place complete trust in the decisions of the brass madam. Mr. Ross does not "do nothing" about it. I am quite confident counter measures are being worked out.
    Chilia: he has had years to solve the issue, three to be precise. Nothing has happened, not even a statement.
    Jadeshimmer: Nonetheless I am sure the administration is aware of the issue. As for our division, we keep our eyes open and try to be there when things get hairy.
    Chilia: And were where you during the attack on Borealis?
    Jadeshimmer: I was off planet, unfortunately. But there were still many officers as well as citizen to repel the Brigade, even if it was at high costs.
    Chilia: That is another point! The Dust Brigade has superior weaponry and we, Omni-Tek, still use the same old junk.
    Dreadking: We've found some quality weaponry in the Shadowlands. So it's not all the 'same old junk'.
    Chilia: Omni-Tek is on control of life-force disruptors. Why not use those when the Dust Brigade attacks?
    Jadeshimmer: I wouldn't call quality Omni-Tek products junk, and it surprises me you use such terms. Soul-binding weaponry is one of the most gruesome inventions ever made. We do not intend to use them at any time, even should we have the technology.
    Chilia: So you say that the death of uninsured civilians count less then a few terrorists?
    Zanquan: Well, personally, I feel we should use every weapon at our disposal to end the war.
    Zanquan: But that is just my personal opinion. I feel we should use every tool at our disposal.
    Chilia: The Dust Brigades have used bio-chemical, anti-matter, and viral weaponry... I suspect they might get their hands on atom weapons soon.
    Dreadking: I think we don't need to be afraid of atom weapons, they be very small.
    Chilia: It looks like to me that Ross is unwilling to do anything.
    Jadeshimmer: Well, sir, with all due respect, I am finding it hard to go by a code of "the end sanctifies the means". Reconfiguration of cell scanners and redirecting the data to a detention facility has worked out well this far.
    Chilia: Tell that to the 1400 who died during black October!
    Dreadking: How can I tell them if they are dead?
    Jadeshimmer: Please, corporal.
    Chilia: Many people want more troops on Rubi-Ka.
    Jadeshimmer: Rest assured, madam, that Omni-Tek is NOT being idle at the threat of the Brigade. We have to wait until the administration has come to a final decision how to answer their attacks.
    Chilia: we have waited 12 years for their answer.
    Jadeshimmer: More troops, yes, I do not deny that we are not having the right contingent of personnel at this very moment.
    Chilia: If Ross do not do something then certain elements will take matters into their own hands.
    Chilia: How many troops are needed, do you think?
    Zanquan: Sorry, that information is classified! Please don't ask us for operational details, because we are not authorized to give details on that information.
    Chilia: The eye for an eye idea may seem a bit unneeded when regarding the Clans. But remember that the Dust Brigade are different.
    Jadeshimmer: We all are concerned about the safety of our employees, ultimately is it my job. But I am not authorized nor would it be our president to take more rash actions.
    Chilia: You believe that Omni-Pol is not willing to take the needed steps to assure the security of the company?
    Zanquan: No, we are not stating that at all. What I am saying is we are not going to discuss details of our operations with you, for security reasons of course.
    Chilia: I see.
    Jadeshimmer: We are willing to ensure safety with all the measures we are entitled to.
    Zanquan: Anyway, if there isn't anything else, we are done here.
    Chilia: One last question. What are you doing to stop these attacks? The camp in Perpetual Wasteland have not been attacked for months.
    Zanquan: all I can say now is no comment.
    Chilia: Okay. Typical military!

It seems that Omni-Pol has no clue what to do either. Yet, they still think that Boss Ross is doing the right thing. These people seem to trust Boss Ross and they also seem to be just as talkative when it comes to public relations. The last one I meet was "Bulletteer, Applicant of BlackHand Academy:

Bulletteer: Anything exciting happening in Rubi-Ka now a days?
    Chilia: Only Dust Brigade attacks. There have been many the past few weeks. Last night they attacked Borealis.
    Bulletteer: hmm, any idea why they are attacking?
    Chilia: No one knows what their motives are. But one thing is sure, we can not keep ignoring them. Something must be done.
    Bulletteer: Hmm, may sound stupid but could this have something to do with the killing of The Beast? I mean, it’s not so long since he first got killed, and now this.
    Chilia: The Dust Brigade was around long before that creature was killed.
    Bulletteer: I know, but them suddenly going on a rampage all around Rubi Ka?
    Chilia: They do that all the time. Seems like they attack in waves.
    Bulletteer: Hmm, maybe I’m not paying attention. I have been on Rubi-Ka for 1 year and this is the first time I’ve heard about these Dust Brigadiers attacking cities.
    Bulletteer: Well, whatever their motives are, they can’t be good! Any idea if either Omni or Clan is going to do anything about this?
    Chilia: It seems that neither side cares. The leadership we have is incompetent. Many of the Clans don’t care. The attacks against Omni-Tek help them, especially the Sentinels.
    Bulletteer: How about getting new leaders that actually care and takes action against this?
    Chilia: To get Ross replaced? I think that will be hard, but he must do something, and soon, otherwise certain factions is willing to take matters into their own hands.
    Bulletteer: Hard, yeah, but a leader that does nothing for his people is not a good leader and somebody else should see this and start a campaign against Ross or something like that to get a new leader that actually cares, He's not invincible.
    Chilia: I think he is as close to being a god as anyone can be, but the idea does sound good.
    Bulletteer: The media is a good way to put somebody in the negative light if you understand what I mean, why don’t the media try to have a influence in this? And put Ross down? Get someone to lead the company that’s not somebody’s puppet!
    Chilia: Are you saying that Ross is a puppet?
    Bulletteer: I might, you never know. I find it hard to believe that one man can have gotten such a high reputation all alone and this does seem su****ious. That Ross doesn’t want to do anything about the Dust Brigadiers attacks; he might have gotten orders from someone above him, which again could have people above them pulling strings. You never know?
    Chilia: That would be Omni-Prime. It would not be the first time they did something like this. But what could their motives be?
    Chilia: It is just until recently that he has done nothing about anything. He just sits in his office all day.
    Bulletteer: I am not really very familiar with the history of Rubi-Ka but how do you know that there aren’t anyone at Omni-Prime that is "allied" or something with leaders of the Dust Brigadiers?
    Bulletteer: Maybe Ross is scared of something. That could also be a reason as to why he doesn’t do anything about this. That could things into a whole new perspective.
    Chilia: Very interesting idea. Omni-Prime being involved with the Dust Brigade. The lease for Rubi-Ka is running out in a few decades. Using terrorist cells to scare off other companies.
    Chilia: Not to speak bad about our employer, but it would fit their profile.
    Bulletteer: If he continues to keep quiet, it becomes even more su****ious. It is like that old idea, those who say nothing, agree.

This atrox seems to have found a very valid point. Why is Ross not doing something? Is he behind the Dust Brigade? Or is Omni-Prime pushing him from above? In any matter, then something must be done within Omni-Tek to eliminate the Brigade once and for all!

Also, as mentioned, The Sentinels have yet to be hit by the Dust Brigade, and Simon Silverstone himself is a radical. During the last CoT meeting then he made some very serious comments regarding the neutrals, and so did several other Clan leaders. The Dust Brigade attack a lot recently, hitting Omni-InterOP, Omni-Med and Borealis. Then Simon presents his anti-neutral speech. Are the Clans preparing for war, supported by the Dust Brigade?

This is the statement I got from Anthony "Cogs" McDuff leader of the Cerberus Clan:
    Cogs: Omni-Tek, Omni-Tek are our enemies, both by their words and action, and have been so since the revolts so many years ago. What Silverstone, the lunatic, may or may not think, is no concern of mine. I register that he is here, but do not condone his actions and words towards the neutral community.
    Chilia: So do you consider us to be at war?
    Cogs: I think I would have to, yes. All evidence points to us being at a state of war, whether we like it or not.

So, the Clans say we are at war. Nice to acknowledge that. What does our CEO Philip Ross continue to do? Nothing!

Now, some may say that Old Athen/Omni-2 was attacked as well… Yes that is true, but since when have Simon Silverstone cared about those who resist him? And Old Athen is a stronghold of those who oppose his regime. Namely the Vanguards to some degree, yet also New Dawn is in opposition, as they seek a peaceful solution.

A wall of silence on our own side, and a madman on the other. I wonder if it would be worse if Sol Banking took over the planet. At least we hear from them.

To: Editor-in-chief, OTPC

Subject: Slander against Ross

Dear Editor,

I am writing to inform you that I am distressed by the recent article by Chilia Moran that has appeared in your publication. The article blatantly undermines support for CEO Phillip Ross, using biased statements to make him appear to be incompetent. With the recent Dust Brigade attacks, and the growing militant fervor of the Council of Truth, the corporation can not afford to have it's leaders made out to be criminals.

That an Omni-Tek publication would post such slanderous claims is an insult to the unity that Omni-Tek stands for. I hope never to see such an article in this publication again; we must all stand together, not point fingers like little children.

Sincerely,
    Colonel Craddock
    101st Assault Corps, Commander
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

I wholeheartedly agree with the concerns expressed by Colonel Ethernalforce Craddock.

It is disheartening to find that a publication sanctioned by the Company is so recklessly performing character assassinations on its leadership! This trend has been going on for at least the last three months that I have noticed, and perhaps longer before the pattern became so obvious.

While you so freely suggest that Philip Ross is doing nothing about the Dust Brigade, perhaps your continued libelous statements will cause Ross to do something about your future employment within Omni-Tek. I'm sure your release from duty would allow you to explore more fulfilling ventures with the "Free Journalists of Rubi Ka"!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Exclamation

This is strange! Wery strange! You start your article by asking your leaders what is actualy going on whit your admin. but you end up acusing us (clans) of colaboration whit the dusters. First bring proof to your claims then your start pointing fingers! And mr.Ross whe offerd help why are you attacking us? Thu im a radicalist concering Omni even i am ready and willing to colaborate whit you to get rid of the dusters.
    Blood and Bullets! Yeah! Die stupid enf! OH ****! my gun is jammed! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... (dead)

While you so freely suggest that Philip Ross is doing nothing about the Dust Brigade, perhaps your continued libelous statements will cause Ross to do something about your future employment within Omni-Tek. I'm sure your release from duty would allow you to explore more fulfilling ventures with the "Free Journalists of Rubi Ka"! [/B][/QUOTE] And you say that there is no opresion by omni. Then what the hell is this?
    Blood and Bullets! Yeah! Die stupid enf! OH ****! my gun is jammed! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... (dead)

To the journalistic core of Rubi-Ka:
    Again, I have been interviewed by a representative of your ranks. Again, I find that my statements and answers are torn apart, and presented out of context, without the full reasoning behind them being presented. My beleif and trust in the journalistic profession has, with this latest piece of construct, taken an all time dive.
    In the future, either present the conversation intact, or just simply refrain from asking me to volunteer for any more of your journalistic creativity.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Chilia Moran is right. Omni-Tek officials do need to do more. Phillip Ross barely makes a statement about anything, and niether do any of the heads of any of the departments. They seem to just let the secondary departments do all the work.
    But the local government doesn't take all blame, Omni-Prime seems it couldn't care less about what happens on Rubi-ka.
    90% of the most important events in the know universe have happened on Rubi-ka in the past year, but barely a peep out of them.
    Things need to be done, order needs to be restored. Omni-Tek needs to take more control of the going ons in the corporation.

-Proud, but not blind Omni-Tek citizen

A public note

Ms. Chilia Moran is obviously under a great deal of stress, as are we all. The last few weeks have been very difficult for all of us. After these horrific events shattering the peace around us many people feel fearful, stressed, and hopeless, and just don't know what to think, what to do, how to respond. This is perfectly natural!

Unfortunantely, while it is natural it is also can be very unhealthy. However, there is hope! Omni-Reform has many fine counceling services available that can help you find your way though these troubled times. Just like you turn to Omni-Med when your body is sick or injured, visiting Omni-Reform is important, even necessary, in order to maintain good mental and emotional health. And remember, all of Omni-Reform's fine counceling, medication, and therepy services are provided to you FREE as a way of saying "Thank You" for being a employee of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka! I'm certain Ms. Moran is visiting their healing facilities right now and soon will be out feeling better than ever, and a lot more reasonable to boot!

As for the Dust Brigade, I can assure you that the Omni-Tek Corporation of Rubi-Ka is doing quite a lot in order to stop these heinous criminals. Of course, one must remember the broader geopolitical situation we are in. While the Clans claim to disown the Dust Brigade, remember how they quickly came to their aid at Sabulum three-and-a-half years ago. Any overt attempt to go after the "Dusters" will almost certainly result in a massive clan retaliation.

We cannot work together with the clans as their Council of Truth has refused diplomatic contact with the company. It is unlikely that it could control the extremist clans anyways.

Due to this situation, Mr. Ross has wisely decided to address the issue in a more covert fashion. This requires all operations against the Dust Brigade to be held in the strictest confidence in order to prevent sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands. Even though this information can not be made public, Omni-Tek is doing everything it can to protect you, your family, and your friends.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Originally posted by Mihalix
    While you so freely suggest that Philip Ross is doing nothing about the Dust Brigade, perhaps your continued libelous statements will cause Ross to do something about your future employment within Omni-Tek. I'm sure your release from duty would allow you to explore more fulfilling ventures with the "Free Journalists of Rubi Ka"!
    And you say that there is no opresion by omni. Then what the hell is this?
    There isn't oppression within Omni Tek. My statement was made to express my frustration with the sudden turn our journalists have taken to consistently rebel against the leadership of the Company. Nothing can be acheived as long as we fight among ourselves.

Perhaps if more people like Ms. Moran would put down their text pads and pick up a gun the Dust Brigade could have been stopped by now!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

I would just like to correct some inaccurate and disturbing statements made in this report.

Originally posted by Editor: OTPC
    Wake up Boss Ross!
    Chilia Moran
    Philip Ross’ title is CEO, not Boss. Boss is a dismissive term used primarily by the clans, and it is somewhat inappropriate for it to be used in an official Omni-Tek publication. However, given the sensational nature of this report, I’m sure its use was intentional.

January, 29475:
    Omni-Pol enters the city of Sabulum in the Perpetual Wastelands to investigate Dust Brigade propaganda. The Clans did not agree approve of the investigation, and forced Omni-Pol to retreat. Omni-Pol did not return to complete their investigation.
    First, they were investigating a report that Sabulum was being used as a base of operations for radical clans, including the Dust Brigade. They were not investigating propaganda. The Council of Truth approved the investigation, and spoke out against the actions of the radical clans that disrupted the investigation.

February, 29475:
    The Dust Brigade attacked civilians and military targets on all sides. Several high ranking department leaders were also attacked, however there were no permanent deaths. Later that month then the Omni-Tek department leaders send Ross an ultimatum, his response what that he was doing all he could. The public never saw these supposed 'actions' being taken by Ross, Omni-Pol, or the Omni-Tek Armed Forces.
    Burton Shogren, Media Liaison of Omni-Pol, issued this statement in regards to the investigation; “I am not at liberty to discuss any details of the ongoing investigation…” As much as we may dislike it, secrecy is sometimes needed.

Instead he began to salute the Neutral's idea of hiring a mercenary group, lead by Loren Warr, one of Ross puppets.
    What he actually said was “I stress that we are not involved in this arrangement but we do give it our full moral support. We have been involved in the training of Mrs. Loren Warr in the past and are confident in her abilities to deal with the situation.” Loren Warr was a former employee of the corporation who went into business for herself. She hardly qualifies as a puppet.

However, what is most disturbing about this report is the implication that CEO Ross is doing nothing. As CEO of Omni-Tek Rubi Ka, he is an extremely busy man. Moreover, he is a man that historically has not made statements without having full information and a plan of action. While it is unfortunate that some interpret this decisiveness as inaction, when the CEO has information for us, he will present it. Until then, we must continue to uphold the code of conduct outlined in his earlier statements. When the situation changes, Philip Ross will let us know.
    Last edited by Marisha; Jun 4th, 2004 at 05:33:12.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

There are other ways of taking actions against the Dust Brigade than having 3000 Omni Troopers march arouns searching for them behind every stick and stone. Fact is, we dont even know where theyre true hide-out is.
    There are also "hidden" agencys within the corp that I am sure CEO Ross are using to theyre fullest at the moment to find out more about the Dust Brigade. These "hidden" agencys wouldnt be very "hidden" would they if every one on Rubi Ka knew what they would do. To assume Mr Ross is not doing anything just because we dont see people searching for the Dusters doesnt mean anything.
    I for one am sure our CEO keeps the Dust Brigade right on top off hes file-case at all time and that we will see the results of a thourough investigation and the importance of havin one in the end.
    To see a report like this from someone who should help encourage and not further distress the people of Rubi Ka saddens me and I am sure the editor of OTPC will take actions.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

How typical Omni, as soon as one of your own talk against your boss, leader, or CEO, whatever you call the old fool, then its all about bashing them. Why don't you consider what was written instead? board meetings and coffe clubs dont solve the terrorist problem. You all say that omni-tek is so uber and strong and all that junk, why dont you do something? Its not just Ross who needs to wake up, its all of you!
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

While I admit it'd be indeed a comfort to hear a few satements of our higher ups here an' there... then what? Because Mr Ross dusn't necessarily wanna spend hours in public speeches and press conferences, so that means he's doin' nuthin? Indeed, he's our CEO, yet if we were to see 'im out everyday fer such things, wouldn't our lil' reporter here also think he ain't doin' his job, preferring tha parade instead? I ain't fer parade myself. And I know that "no words" dusn't mean that nuthin' is done on tha inside.

What do I see in here... Slander? Shoulda say "threats", even? Pretty poor way of addressing Mr Ross, indeed, especially when he's called tha way he is in this article.

Ignorance. If Mr. Ross was to step in an' say a lil' blah-blah 'bout how tha situation is handled, ya'd likely still complain that ya dunno "what is bein' done". Would be pretty dumb however to reveal every lil' detail of ongoing operations, have this ever crossed yer mind? We all know how quick an' vicious tha Dusters can be. We dun't wanna let 'em know, or even hear an echo, of what actions are taken against 'em. And who knows where they have ears. Nope... we dun't want that.

Tha base in Perpetual Wastelands? Lemme laugh. Everybody on this world knows - or at least suspects - that it's more of a decoy than anythin' else. Whatcha want, Mr Ross orderin' any single Omni-Tek employee to go killin' randomly around in tha hopes of hittin' tha right target? Stupid. First we need t'know where to hit - at tha very core. Sweep it all at once. Until this data is obtained, all that can be done are skirmishes, and it's certainly not in press conferences that more detailed information can be given.

So yeah... our CEO hasn't made any public statements yet. I'm pretty sure though that in tha current circumstances, he has better to do than prepare speeches, an' enuff work on his plate to finish it first b'fore presentin' us with half-statements an' still unsure information.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Its simply comments on a public release not serving its purpose.
    Youd prolly react to if the "free reporters of the clans" started bad-mouthing the CoT...
    Spare us your comments why dont you as this is Omni matters and you have revoked your right to mean anything on this subject.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

(ooc: not sure who u are talking too Naefen, but here goes)

Actually, then i do not support the CoT, never have, never will. Specially not with an insane man calling the shots and this is a poblic news release, so i will comment what i want. If you don't like it, too bad!

Just a shame that none one seems to get the message...

((00C: sorry forgot to quote you. It was you I was talking to Arila ))

Demenzia thank you for very wise words.

Arila allthough I agree coffe clubs dont solve the problem I actually think board meetings do help. Where do you think decisions to deploy recognosainse units, deciding what agent should try and infiltrate DB and what funds should be spent on finding theyre true base is made?

I still feel you or any other clanner really doesnt have a say on this topic but I aknowledge your thoughts on the subject....

What disapoints me is people who really seems to think that our CEO would do bettr if we went on a live broadcast and stated that tomorrow Omni Tek will search through a named region for the Dusters. Do you, people and the author of the article, really think any Dusters would be there?

Fellow citizens. I strongly suggest we give our CEO the peace he needs to do the right things in the war against the Dust Brigade.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Arila
    How typical Omni, as soon as one of your own talk against your boss, leader, or CEO, whatever you call the old fool, then its all about bashing them. Why don't you consider what was written instead? board meetings and coffe clubs dont solve the terrorist problem. You all say that omni-tek is so uber and strong and all that junk, why dont you do something? Its not just Ross who needs to wake up, its all of you!
    While the Clans and the CoT on the other hand has been supremely effective against the Dust Brigade. Has it not?

Why do i hear my old dead father whispering something about rocks and glass houses?
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I never said that the CoT had any plans, nor do i know if they have a wish to stop the brigade, but i do know that several clans do oppose them. But as you know, we do not have a regular police force, and even though im clan, then i still think that Ross is the best one to deal with the brigade, if he gets his finger out of the cookie jar!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast