Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dust Brigade Attacks Omni-Med

Dust Brigade Attacks Omni-Med

Dust Brigade Attacks Omni-Med
    Douglass Garverick

CITY OF ROME -- (OTPC) -- In a follow-up to their shocking attack on the Omni-InternOps offices earlier, the terrorist Clan known as the Dust Brigade ruthlessly assaulted the Omni-Med offices in Rome on the evening of May 22nd.

"I would say the Dust Brigade attacked to stagger the medical department of Omni-Tek in general,", says Captain "Saxon1" Suitt of Omni-Pol. "However, it doesn't seem they expected a large counterattack. Most Clan guards were terminated on the spot."

"The Dust Brigade are terrorists, plain and simple," adds Omni-Med employee Soultress. "Why they would want to attack a place of research and healing such as this, I have no clue. They only seek to destroy, it's as simple as that."

Following the attack on Omni-Med, a group of loyal Omni-Tek citizens took it upon themselves to strike back at the terrorist Clans. Gathering an impromptu task force, the employees made their way to Omni-2, better known as Athen, where they dealt heavy blows to the Vanguard officials present before casualties became too great to sustain the raid.

"We all met up in ICC and chanted our ways to Tir, killing everything in our path," says Omni-Tek employee Rivieque. "We decided to move into Athen, or Omni-2. It was quite the bloodshed, I myself was knocked unconscious. We came back with info that they were attacking Omni-1 Trade. I ran up to the Whom-Pahs to find that the Clans had already attacked."

As I left Rivieque, he was confident that Omni-Tek would win the battle against the terrorist Clans. Certainly, I do not doubt Omni-Tek's ability to reach victory. Eventually, we will be triumphant. The only thing the Clans can do is delay that triumph.

Stiking out in Blind Fury - against the wrong Foe!

And again the Dust Brigade succeeded. Again, they could trust the mindlessness of Omni-Tek employess who still believe the corporation's propaganda that the Dust Brigade is a clan. In retaliation to the terrorist attacks they chose to strike out against clan cities and spill more blood. Blood of people who have neither funded nor supported the Dust Brigade. People who have been targets of the Dust Brigade in the past themselves and even fought against them.

Now who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows?

It apparently did not strike any of the raid leaders that they not only lowered themselves onto the same level as the terrorists who attacked Omni-Med, but that they were butchering the wrong people. That even Omni-Pol officials openly describe Dust Brigade toopers as "Clan Guards" only shows that they're not only a police force of questionable reputation but also largely clueless as to the history and politics of this planet. Or they are blatantly lying, bent on marking all clanners as terrorists so they have an excuse for continuing their agenda of harrasment against clan members, neutrals and even Omni-Tek employees.

Might I attract your attention back to the year 29476 when it was almost exclusively the clans fighting against the threat of the Dust Brigade? It was clans who discovered their strongholds in the Perpetual Wastelands. It was clans who assaulted their bases. And we did give out that information to Omni-Tek. But the one time we would have actually welcomed the corporation's troops to help us rid the planet of this terrorist force, they were nowhere to be seen.

Does it need a terrorist threat to whip employees into a mindless frenzy, to make them bent on killing anyone as revenge for it? Preferrably a target of their size, or one of their puppet masters' liking. Maybe it was indeed all well orchestrated by Omni-Tek propaganda. Maybe the corporation wants it's employees to believe that Dust Brigade and clans are the same, to feed their anger and perpetuate the conflict. Cause in a time of peace, the puppet masters might no longer be needed.

The hidden threat of naming Athens "Omni-2" and thus voicing the claim of evicting the clans from the city has also not gone unnoticed. Or is it just another remembrance of forgotten glory? The city's name is Athens, and it is clan grounds, and nothing will change that.

I can't help but see this act of violence against uninvolved people as yet another argument as to why Omni-Tek should no longer be given any governing power on Rubi-Ka. At the very least, Omni-Tek needs capable leaders who are able to keep their soldiers from going on a rampage.

In the faint hope to prevent such slaughter in the future I do repeat once more, for the slow-witted: Dust Brigade is not a clan. They are terrorists and will get no support from the clans. If Omni-Tek chooses to strike out against the Dust Brigade, you can be sure that there will be Clansmen fighting alongside you, caus - as the Cyborgs - the Dust Brigade is our common enemy.

Corrine 'Daimoness' Wright
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Those that do not know history, are doomed to repeat its failings.

Certain Omni-Tek officials would do well to sit down and read the Dust Brigade's known history. And not just the versions where facts have been rewritten and trimmed to fit with Omni attitudes and politics.

See history from more than one side next time, would be my advice.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I´ll bet you 10 to 1 that these were most likely new people and those that just want to kill anything and everything. New training regimes on both sides have led to many skilled personell with little knowledge.

Just because you can pop a cap through the head of a target at 500 meters does not mean you know how this world is working, and i think this is a prime example of fresh but highly skilled people being duped by those that would see carnage anywhere at any time.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

The Clanners would have us believe that the Dust Brigade is not allied with them in any way. They say that Omni-Tek turned a blind eye when they "asked" for assistance in removing the threat of the Brigade.

Well, even if these two "facts" are held to be true, I would ask where has the Dust Brigade attacked recently that had more than a small handful of Clanners in the area? I have heard reports of Brigade attacks on Borealis, Newland, Rome, and Omni-1, but I have not heard a single report of an attack on Tir, Omni-2, or even the small Clan outpost near The Longest Road.

The Dust Brigade may have once been an independant group with plans to destroy both sides, but that has clearly changed. I have no idea how much money or power had to cross hands to make this happen, but it is obvious the Clans are now in the good favor of the Brigade.

Your alliance will come to an end soon enough, once Omni-Tek brings you and your terrorist friends to justice.

I would also like to add that we WILL take back Omni-2 from the clutches of the Clanners. You slaughtered our people long those many years ago and you've been allowed to get comfortable in our city for far too long.
    Last edited by Amosco; May 24th, 2004 at 05:42:24.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

If the Dust Brigade is not a clan, what is it? Moreover, what is the definition of a clan, from the clans?

The Dust Brigade has become more active, following statements made by Silverstone and the successes of the Sentinel clan within the reformed Council of Truth. Two years ago, the Dust Brigade did attack the clans (to, I imagine, the great surprise of those who cheered their attack on uninsured children and pensioners in Omni-1), but with the recent shift in clan politics, they are operating with the implied consent of the leadership of the majority party within the reformed Council of Truth.

However, I regret that corporate employees attacked the Vanguard clan in Athens after this latest assault. Rage, when not properly directed at appropiate targets, is ultimately futile.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

Do not make the assumption that because Clan targets haven't been attacked recently and because the CoT is reforming, the Dust Brigade is sponsored by the Clans.

Need I remind you that the Dust Brigade can fake their ID transponders so as to appear of Neutral or even Omni origin when it pleases them?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Addendum:

That the Dust Brigade now has one faction apparently excempt from their attacks, giving the impression that said faction is now an 'ally' of them? That's the oldest trick in the guerilla warfare book, used to play factions off each other. Those with insufficient intelligence/investigation resources or the gullible fall prey to that tactic. Do not let yourself be fooled that easily.

Sure, if an asteroid strikes a planet, and one's enemies are the first one to suffer the effects, some might cheer and rejoice as the opposition suffers. But the cheering soon dies away when the massive devastation reaches their own areas.

The Dust Brigade is an amorphous foe, striking from the shadows. The best chances to defeat the Dust Brigade is for us to stop bickering and trying to pin blame on each other, instead focusing our efforts on rooting them out and destroying them.

Originally posted by Kzak

Need I remind you that the Dust Brigade can fake their ID transponders so as to appear of Neutral or even Omni origin when it pleases them?
    Indeed, this has happened in the past.

OOC:

For those who doubt

Mr. Amosco, my impression is that you have completely adopted the Omni-Tek propaganda, which makes you blind for reality.

I would be a bad politician if I would believe everything other clansmen told me. I have always tried to maintain my own view of things even if I was in opposition within my clan or the community of clans. I reserve the right to have my own oppinion and voice it without fear of reprisal.

Do not get me wrong. I detest what Dust Brigade has done to Omni-InternOps and Omni-Med even though I consider InternOps the most dreaded of all OT departments, even worse than Omni-Pol. I regret that this war is taken out on the backs of the weak and unarmed on all sides.

But even the fact that Dust Brigade has not recently attacked clan-held cities does not make them a clan. The fact that they hate Omni-Tek does not make them a clan. Sol Banking is a rival and in times even has been an open enemy of Omni-Tek. Does that make them a clan? The ICC has at times opposed Omni-Tek on this very planet, still have not clans and Omni-Tek together stopped them from invading the planet?

Might I once again attract your attention to recent history when several clan leaders were assassinated by the Dust Brigade? Not the moderate "peaceniks", but leaders of strong clans who at that time already supported Simon Silverstone. You might think of the Sentinels whatever you like, but they are warriors, not barbarians. The killing of unarmed people has never been on their agenda.

The enemy of my enemy is not automatically my friend. So stop thinking in patterns of black and white and you are already much closer to reality. Cause the real world is not always black and white. It's merely shades of grey.

But indeed it might become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Continue to take out your revenges for Dust Brigade terrorism on clansmen and you will breed the support for the Dust Brigade within the clans. Is it that what you want?

And if you say that you will take back Athens from the cluthes of my people, then I have only one answer for you: Wake up! Omni-Tek has been trying in vain to stop us for the past 200 years and we have grown stronger each time.

I have been told many times to stop looking back at what Omni-Tek did to it's workers - which was the very cause of the uprising of the clans - and look ahead. Yet it's Omni-Tek who continue to linger on in the dreams of glory long withered away.

History never turns backwards. We have fought long and hard for our rights to live on this planet free from the chains of Omni-Tek. You better learn to live with us being here, cause we're going not going anywhere else.

VIS CONSILI EXPERS MOLE RVIS SVA *

-D

* Vigor without prudence falls by it's own force.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

I simply must add that if Omni Tek really wanted to get rid of the clans for good they could have done so years ago. Problem is it would be utter in-humane and words like holocaust and the likes would surely follow.
    Just a reminder.

Edit:
    Oh and again...... lets kill some Dusters.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Daimoness
    You might think of the Sentinels whatever you like, but they are warriors, not barbarians. The killing of unarmed people has never been on their agenda.
    Hmmm, I know many neutrals who have been to Tir and disagree with this. Besides, that statement contradicts the known truth given in this interview.

High Commander Fisk said:
    NOTHING will ever dissuade me. Neutrals should be wiped off the planet,

Later in the same interview, he said:

No buts, if it were up to me, and I had the resources available, both Newland City and Borealis would be blown to thousands of pieces in order to eradicate this breeding ground for thoughtless indifferent drones they have created.
    Fisk and his men act accordingly whenever neutrals try to visit old friends in Tir...your argument holds no water.

edit:

In case you still want to argue, Simon Silverstone had this to say about his position on neutrals (in a clan publication, no less):
    My views on the neutrals are somewhat the same as most of my men.
    Are these the statements of honorable warriors, or genocidal madmen?

While I agree that the Dust Brigade has shown itself to be opposed to the clans in the past, the Sentinels have not shown themselves to be any better.
    Last edited by Keldros; May 24th, 2004 at 20:52:42.

Empty words and crocodile tears, nothing more.

For the Clan members denying their faction's support for the Dust Brigade, let me ask you this: Which clan recently won the election for the top office in the newly reformed Council of Truth? The Sentinels. Who has on numerous occasions voiced their support for the Dust Brigade's attacks on neutral and Omni-Tek personnell? The Sentinels. You support on group of bloodthirsty zealots, and expect us to believe that you do not support a nearly identical group of fanatics on the other? You insult my intelligence.

The Clans are a cancer on our world, a cancer that we will cut out in due time. However, you have a short time of reprieve. We have more pressing issues than swatting a mob of ignorant peasants.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Originally posted by Anualken

For the Clan members denying their faction's support for the Dust Brigade, let me ask you this: Which clan recently won the election for the top office in the newly reformed Council of Truth? The Sentinels.
    Need I remind you that 2/3 of the clans voted against the Sentinels?

The Clans are a cancer on our world, a cancer that we will cut out in due time. However, you have a short time of reprieve. We have more pressing issues than swatting a mob of ignorant peasants.
    You're beginning to sound like Silverstone now.
    Last edited by Keldros; May 24th, 2004 at 21:12:43.

The Sentinals and the Dust Brigade have much in common in ideolgy. But they also have another thing in common and that is they are CLANS.

Clan, a word that is synonymous with Terrorist. Each and every one of them. For proof, you need not look any farther than a sign in West athens, Upon which dangles the severed heads of Omni Troopers. You wont such attrocities around Omni-Tek cities or installations. The attack on Omni-Med by the Clan "Dust Brigade" is yet another illustration on Anarchy, lawlessness, chaos, and murder instigated by the Clans.
    Corporal "Ducimus" Flanders
    Soldier, Rk-1
    Omni-pol
    To Serve and Protect...

You're not getting the point...that's actually the main difference (and probably the only one) between the Sentinels and the Dust Brigade. The Dust Brigade may hate Omni-tek, but they hate the clans as well...it's a matter of public record that they want the entire planet to themselves.

I refer to my earlier post about this issue, in this thread.

Is Omni-Tek really so easily fooled by the Dust Brigade's antics?

Would it help their perception if the Dust Brigade had 'Omni' in their transponder IDs than Clan, as they have been known to ID as on occasion?

The Dust Brigade is not Clan, it's not Neutral, it's not Omni. It's got backing, lots of resources. Maybe from offworld, for such resource drain would be noticeable from any faction on Rubi-Ka.

I rest my case.

The moral high ground can only be claimed by he who is truly righteous; I don't think you will find anyone truly righteous on Rubi-Ka. So let me say this: even if the Clans do not give the Dust Brigade material support (which I don't believe for a second), you still applaud their actions. I doubt there is a true Clanner that is shedding a tear over the loss of Omni-Tek life, just as I would be giving a toast in Rompa right now if Tir spontaneously exploded.

The Dust Brigade are a threat to all...just some more than others.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Originally posted by Keldros

Need I remind you that 2/3 of the clans voted against the Sentinels?

Yes, but had Silverstone accepted ALL of you would have him as spokesperson for CoT. Thats Democracy. Since those 2/3 could not join under a common bannerman you ended up with 1/3 for silverstone, 1/10 for this and 1/6 for something else.
    My point is as you surely understand, the single largest group of clanners (not single largest Clan) voted for Simon Silverstone. The man who epitomes the very essence of brutality , war and percecution. And then along the line you say we, Omni`s and Neutral`s, nag about this......
    Well, that votes results is something to nag about if anything on this planet.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I usually dont play RP, i dont like that.
    But please, correct that, Dust Brigade have never been clanner.
    Do you play the game sometimes ?
    RK1: Docgalaad 215 Doctor - Freelance Bug Hunter
    Nah ! I'm not fat ! I just have got a big nano pool !
    Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast