Thread: Dust Brigade Terrorists strike Omni InternOps

Dust Brigade Terrorists strike Omni InternOps

Dust Brigade Terrorists strike Omni InternOps
    Omtron

Omni HQ -- (OTPC) -- May 12, Dust Brigade terrorists struck the InternOps headquarters in Omni HQ. Six InternOps agents were critically injured in its defense, but were successfully regenerated at a local insurance reclaim.

"This was just the act of a radical fringe group," said Judah Reclar, InternOps spokesman. "The attack has no significance or bearing on our operations in any way. But, rest assured, vengeance will be swift and final," he added.

Not much is known about the InternOps group. Their headquarters before the attack was largely unknown. An Omni HQ spokesman could not be reached for comment, nor could anyone from Philip Ross' office.

More power to InternOps

For those that have no legitimate reason for doing any kind of violence like the Dust Brigade perpetrate, and do it with no regard to the people they harm or who they kill to grab their mad dash for power, then be gone with them and get rid of them swiftly. I do not speak for any official Clan organization, but I can speak for myself. They have no mode other than by the gun. They want to live by it, let them die by it. We Clanners may have a beef with Internal Operations, but we have more of a beef with terrorists that somehow get lumped into Clan activities. I'd gladly help if I could to get rid of this scum.
    -----------------------------------
    The few, the proud...the Traders.

Maartens - 220 Mogul and former gadfly of Rimor. Now I'm just a major n00b.

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge!

Oh don´t worry, they did die by the gun, and sword, fist or nano. Out of 10 operatives we think one or two made it out alive. The rest got hit by pretty much everything the Omni militia could throw at them while the survivors had the common sense to run when they understood their number was up.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

That's all good and well and everything...

...and we do much the same when they come into Clanner territory and mindlessly attack anyone they see. The problem as I see it is that we are not addressing the root of the problem. Fending off an attack is reactionary and doesn't seem to get to the root of the problem. We've even taken our organizations biggest, baddest and best killers out to Perpetual Wastelands to do battle with the DB in the very Belly of the Beast, but they keep coming back like a virus, seemingly with endless resources and endless personnel and quite amazing equipment.

We don't have clue 1 about who funds them, who supplies them, who gives them succor on this planet, how they can move around so easily and so undetected, etc etc etc. And they have been on this planet since I grew into my shotgun, so nothing has been done about them anywhere. Given that they aren't seeming to be affiliated with any of the current factions on Rubi-Ka, it should be safe to say that they might be offworlders or surreptitiously supported by offworlders. ICC? Sol Banking? Who knows. Could be a group sympathetic or completely in league with the Cyborgs, the Mutants, or the unknown power that crash landed the craft in Mort.

Seems to me if we were serious about dealing with these clowns, we'd get better intel about them and what they are really doing. Not the stuff I've been hearing postulated here about how they are Omni or Clan related. That makes no sense. My IFF transponder shows them to be very Neutral, but that might not be accurate. Who knows what they are or who they represent. Once we start getting that kind of information, then we might find the next step to take. Until then, we're just beating the grass to startle the snakes, and the snakes are biting us on the butts because we're not looking behind us.

Re: That's all good and well and everything...

Originally posted by joshuacrime
    Seems to me if we were serious about dealing with these clowns, we'd get better intel about them and what they are really doing.
    *Perks up and turns up the volume on his com*

... How much do you think this information would be worth?

That's humorous...

A neutral wanting to know how much it would be worth for dirt on the Dust Brigade? Hmmmmm, I might just trust you. Yeah...I might. Then again, I might just be a Nanomage Enforcer wielding a chair too.

Wouldn't that be humorous, having a neutral black marketeer hell bent on making money, getting a nice deal to go dig up dirt on a bad bunch of boys like the Dust Brigade, only to sell out the people that "hired" you to go gather information to the people you're trying to get information about.

Please, anyone that has read one spy novel can see through such a pedestrian and amateurish attempt at playing both sides at the middle. Suggestions like that belong in File 13 and people suggesting it might be better served gun running like they usually do, because intelligence and espionage do not seem to be their forte.

*nods and smirks*

You got me there, im no agent. I do enjoy a good hunt though... and money may just be enough to tempt me to do so.

I never said I was an honorable man, only mentioned I might could get the job done.