Thread: A Keeper's thoughts

A Keeper's thoughts

[As a Keeper sits, antique pen in hand, the shadows move along the wall behind her. With a small sigh, she flips her fire-and-ebony hair behind her and begins to write.

Today, I went to the Mort area for some jobs I had applied for. The pay was good, and the items inside can greatly assist others. I think most people find me to be mad, with helping everyone.. running down to abandoned buildings, looking for small treasures. I don’t know how they can’t see that what I do is like what everyone else does. Everyone has a self-interest, even “noble” keepers. I do what I do to help everyone out of love, and a desire to be loved. I am glad my husband supports me in that and assists me.

When I think about nobility and loyalty today, my thoughts are often confused. Being neutral, I do not have to have my “loyalties” and services donated to anyone but whom I choose. I help those whom I desire to help. Loyalty to individuals means more to me than a name. I will be loyal to those who are loyal to me, regardless of their affiliation. I may be more battered and bruised by this stance, but I will accept what comes.

Putting down the pen, the Keeper winces a little and slowly bends to unwrap the treatment lab that will help her recover from the day’s exertions.

Besides… helping people is better than killing rocks.
    “V”
    It's not for honor, it's for integrity.

Re: A Bureaucrat's Reply

A dark figure walks in much later to find this journal. Seeing his wife at rest he quitely sets down a fairly new briefcase and reads these words. Nodding and allowing for a small sigh to escape, he then pulls from his briefcase a nano stylus and a small page of novictum and pens a small reply.

You have always done well no matter what you have done, whether or not it is these missions, or even simply hunts for items for yourself or others, defending the interests of our organization and your own personal interests. There are those that are grateful for what you do, others indifferent but the fact remains that you enjoy what you do. . .and that is all that is important. As for myself being here to love and support you, well of course I support you. Where else would I be but making sure that you have at least one person that is always grateful for your presence and work.

Yes, indeed your words on loyalty are quite true and I feel you have hit at the heart of our recent trials. But what else are you expected to be but true to yourself and beliefs? Also, simply because we are neutral does not mean we will not do "something" about the situation on Rubi Ka, which most accuse us of. It basically means we have the freedom to choose whom we help and when (not to mention if) we help them at all. (Though it is always a good thing that we remember those that help us and return the favor or at least show them a token of our thanks.)

Being Neutral may not be the easiest path to follow but we try our best to make our actions count to foster some small peace between the people here on Rubi Ka (and the Shadowlands) whether Omni, Unredeemed, Clan, Redeemed or Neutral.

The path of a Keeper is hardly an easy one dear wife, whether by perception or by fact. I will trust you to walk the path that allows you to live and walk with your head held high. Both Eldred Crang and I will always be here to support you when you need.

Signed, the Dark Emperor
    A. T. C.

P.S. Crang expresses his gratitude that we do not hunt rocks all the time as well, considering he uses his bare fists. Sometimes I wonder about the sanity of his programmer, until I remember that programmer is myself.

Reading over his thoughts, he wonders if his points are clear and if they will be understood. Setting down the novictum and shaking his head he mentally throws off his doubts he motions to his robotic companion to move silently in their departure to allow the resting keeper's aura and the treatment lab heal her wounds
    (@Cz) "heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, key quest, key quest (repeat)"
    Me (today): "ARRGH! Oooh a snake! A robotic snaaaake!"

Aeshira Corvall, The Darkemperor: Proto-Ubah Crat General of Seraphim Cleric
    Eternal teammate, of Vanyl formerly known as "ILikeSwords".

Coiner of the phrase "Generation Hecks, er HX. . ." Ah whatever.

(00c- Woot the both of ya ))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

((OOC: well we try our best. Last I heard SC was an RP org along with being good to team with, so It hought we would bring some of the RP back. Glad you liked it. ))
    (@Cz) "heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, heckler, key quest, key quest (repeat)"
    Me (today): "ARRGH! Oooh a snake! A robotic snaaaake!"

Aeshira Corvall, The Darkemperor: Proto-Ubah Crat General of Seraphim Cleric
    Eternal teammate, of Vanyl formerly known as "ILikeSwords".

Coiner of the phrase "Generation Hecks, er HX. . ." Ah whatever.