Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omni-Mining and Omni-Pol will Launch an Investigation on Recent Borealis Events

Originally posted by Ukblizzard
    Omni-Mining facilities were within the boundaries where above mentioned problem occured.

Omni-Mining safety is that which Omni-Pol are trying to ensure.

Omni-Pol has not delved into any business which lies in Neutral law enforcement offices, although checking Omni-Mining property for any irregular/su****ious material that could have been planted was.

Omni-Pol will be on stand by if any assistance is required and I am really not sure why you would have stopped a check to ensure Omni lives were not endangered on their property Kithrak.

The mines and the property in question is abandoned.. and has been for years. Unless Omni mining is cunducting unlawful secret operations their should be no endangered Omni lives as the mines were closed ages ago.

The mines were closed due ot the fact they contained little to no notum in them. I am sure should Omni-Mining try to open the mines in Borealis safety from a small burgeraly incedent would be the least of your concerns as it would bring the NLF down on them in full force.

Again it is advised that Omni-Mining withdraw their investigation. Neutrals are on edge to begin with due to the current tention mounting over the CoT's Sentinel support. In the history of bad PR moves this would rank rather high having Omni-mining and Omni-Pol come poking around our home. Kithrak realizes this and is a wise man. I find it odd you even question his loyalty to Omni-Tek and its employess.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

What i find very funny about all this, is that those shacks were, until recently, mostly used by vermin and muties.

Good job trying to say those shacks are worth anything to ya sweety.

Now, leave us, and especially the trash around the neutral cities, alone.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Post Statements from Director Moscardelli

Note before reading this, by terrorist I mean members of the Borealis Pact and certain clan groups.

To Cyani’s post on May 20th, 2004 20:22:11:

We understand that the gems are not property of Omni-Tek and we will act accordingly. But the gems are also not the property of the one who stole them.

She may be an independent agent but the fact remains this crime has taken place on the radius of the complex. This can create some serious intake of funds to the wrong person. I think you would agree to see Oliewabie keep the gems and get the profit rather then the one who stole them and destroyed the store.

Thank you Cyani for this information. As you know we do not sit around in Borealis and find out what everyone is doing. I am sure you would not like that anyway. You say Oliewabie has taken the contents of IR’s vault. If she indeed steal the contents, that is a crime. But that is not a matter of our concern and IR and Borealis authorities must deal with that. The disappearance was her choice you say, interesting. I have not seen anything in the public feeds to report she left on her own will. Thank you once again for this information. But from the other events I hear going on in Borealis as of late, this disappearance is still questionable.

I understand your comment about who would save you from us. I can assure you this investigation will be very small and hardly noticeable. We plan to send in a small team to look at the store, gather up some clues and ask willing local residents. That is all we will send.

Yes I expect some negative thoughts about this. But we will make sure we do not do anything that will disrupt daily Borealis life.

To Dmanz’s post on May 20th, 2004 23:40:11

I am not sure what you are thinking, but we are not taking over anything. When did I ever say this is a conquest? I think you are getting your imagination ahead of you. But seeing that you are a clanner, I am not surprised you think this way.

This is mostly a neutral problem yes. Mostly. These crimes happened on partly own Omni-Tek property. If the neutral authorities can show us that they are doing everything they can to bring justice to the criminal and make sure the gems do not fall into the hands of terrorists, then we will not do this investigation. But so far no one has shown us anything.

We are investigating for the safety of Omni-Tek citizens and property. If terrorists get a hold of these gems and the amount of profits the gems yield, it will not be good. But since you are a clanner, I guess you would support these actions against Omni-Tek.

If it was indeed an Omni-Tek citizen, then he/she will face justice.

To Aerinyi’s post on May 21st, 2004 05:50:11:

Patrols in Tir? I do not remember this. If you can supply me with some short of history reference, that will be helpful. But as I said already this will be small and unnoticeable. The point is to find out some information not make patrols or a scene.

To Cog’s post on May 21st, 2004 09:51:11:

(( Alright I must make this clear…people are getting things confused. The things being said in this post Independant Rubikans President Oliewabie vanishes. are things being done on an person by person level or a story. I doubt that the entire thread is a public announcement. The actual announcement is the first post which hardly says anything. So how can you get this information and conclude all this? IC wise we don’t know all this information. If you are in on this story then maybe you do know IC wise. But for Omni-Pol and Omni-Mining we only know what we have seen, heard and looked into so far. As I said to Cyani already, “thanks for the information.” ))

I already said we are not dealing with the IR bank theft. That is something IR can deal with once someone finds Oliewabie. It is not our reason for going to Borealis unless IR comes to us. Our goal is to find where these gems and their profits went to and make sure they are not in the hands of terrorists. As far as I know she did not empty her store then destroy it. If you have credible information on this, please give it our way. If this is true, then this investigation will not take place.

Voluntary perhaps, odd yes. If someone can hand over information on why she left then we will no longer question it.

To Dmanz’s post on May 21st, 2004 10:38:11:

We have heard of many little odd events going on in Borealis lately. Taking these events into account and the way neutrals react to outside investigations, we know the answer would be no. Not to mention this happened on partly owned Omni-Tek property, thus we do not need to ask if we remain on the one crime that happened in our area.

To Virta’s post on May 21st, 2004 10:44:11:

Thank you Lt. Virta. You said what I am saying in much fewer words.

To Cyani’s post on May 21st, 2004 16:05:11:

I already said the gems will be returned to Oliewabie. But in light of what Mr. McDuff has said, if she took them herself, then there is no need to go searching for them. If we are presented with evidence and reasons to why these gems should not be returned to Oliewabie then we will speak with the neutral authorities on what to do with them. We do not want these gems. What we do want is to make sure no one unlawful gets these gems. Believe me; notum gives far more money then these gems. Omni-Pol’s budget is very large. Our interest in this is not money but safety and justice.

It is not the gems themselves that are illegal. It is the actions on how one got them and what one can do with them. If they are sold to terrorists and other unlawful people, then yes this is illegal in our eyes. This is what we are trying to counter. Omni-Pol can speak to you about how they are trying to put a stop to the black market. As for me, I do not know more then basic information.

If the neutrals can present information that they are doing everything they can to find out what really happened and bring justice to the theft, then we will not investigate. Other then that, we feel this matter must be investigated. As I said before the safety of Omni-Tek citizens and property is in question if terrorists and other unlawful people get their hands on such funding.

This is not out of our jurisdiction. This happened on partly owned Omni-Tek property, thus still in our area. It does have cause. I am sure you would do the same if you were under the same circumstances of safety. I do not see why you are against this which such hostility. I said that our investigation will be small and unnoticeable. There is nothing to fear, if you fear anything. I am surprised neutrals would withhold evidence. If the neutrals do have evidence to answer all of our questions then please present it to us. If our questions are answered then will we stop this investigation completely. Unless notable figures in the neutral population are hiding something.

To Dmanz’s post on May 21st, 2004 16:25:11:

I answered this already. Look above.

To Yarko post on May 22nd, 2004 17:20:11:

Explain what you mean by “when she “really” vanishes.” If this is from the information we received about she left on her own will, then I can understand this statement. If you can present some reasons into her choosing to leave, then please do so. If we receive nothing, we will continue to question this.

Interesting statement Yarko. We will keep in touch. I suggest preparing some information into what you mean by “put to good use.” This can mean many things in our eyes.

If we discover anything that you are looking for, we will present it to you quickly.

To President Juju post on May 23rd, 2004 17:52:11:

Seems you think like Dmanz. We do not think we own the place nor do we think we will. I am not sure how you got such an idea. I have said our main reason above, which is the safety of Omni-Tek. Seems you rather let the terrorists have the funding they need.

To Kithrak’s post on May 23rd, 2004 19:51:11:

When did you refuse?

Sometimes we must risk being yelled at from people outside of Omni-Tek to ensure Omni-Tek’s safety. We must make sure terrorists do not get the money they need. We are trying to stop terrorists actions before they start. Are you sure you want the terrorists to have the funding they need?

To Cyani’s post on May 24th, 2004 20:39:11:

I have stated that the Borealis Mining Complex is not fully abandoned. You may go and read my statement here: Omni-Mining’s Official Explanation of Presence in Borealis.

You seem to not understand what I mean. It is not the Borealis Mining Complex I speak of but all of Omni-Tek property. If terrorists do get the amount of money that the gems give, then all citizens and property of Omni-Tek are in danger. We are trying to stop terrorists actions before they start.

Yes I have seen the tensions grow lately, but what does this have to do with the investigation. I find it odd that you get so angry when we just want to know what happened to these gems. Either you are not seeing the danger this presents to many or you are ignoring it. I feel many would be a lot safer if the money from these gems were not in the hands of terrorists.

She questions because this investigation is in the interest of Omni-Tek safety.

To President Juju’s post on May 25th, 2004 01:26:11:

Who are you speaking too? I assume me.

Yes the shacks are not worth much, but that is not what we are looking at. It is the gems that are valuable. The value can be used for good or bad. For the safety of all, we want to make sure it is used for good.

The investigation has not started yet. If we can get creditable information about certain things I questioned and mentioned above, then we will stop this investigation before it starts. If we do not see anything, then a small team will be sent to look into this matter.

Miss Swiftmind,

whatever the cause might be, in my time on Rubi-Ka I have yet to see any positive and helpful investigation coming from the band of thugs that are euphemistically called Omni-Pol. From my experience with them, their general attitude of arrogance is usually flanked with shady methods of investigation or other questionable methods. I am not happy to say it, but the reputation of Omni-Pol is such that unless presented with incontrovertible proof, they are not to be neither believed nor supported not even allowed to conduct any operation outside what Omni-Tek claims it's the corporation's jurisdiction. Neutral cities clearly are not a part of it.

Furthermore, I cannot remember the neutral cities giving Omni-Pol any official endorsement to conduct any investigation there so if you plan to do that, you will be regarded as an intruder by me and my kin. And yes, there was a time when Omni-Pol thugs walked around Tir, claiming to be "patrolling" the city, which ultimately led Simon Silverstone to ordering the Sentinels to purge our city from that scum.

If you read carefully along the replies already given, then it is very clear that no neutrals wants a corporate investigation. Even if you claim that it is "partially Omni-Tek owned property" the person in question is a neutral, furthermore, a prominent person and former leader of a neutral group.

Your argument that the gems might pose a security threat to Omni-Tek. Fine. 400 million credits worth you say? Great. I own at least that much myself, does that make me a target of Omni-Tek investigation? Well, apart from the assumption that they already keep a file on me. Linking such an event to terrorism is quite short-sighted and shows me that apparently since the last Dust Brigade attacks, Omni-Tek departments are in a state of paranoia.

Omni-Pol protects nothing, they endanger the security of Omni-Tek by their very way of handling the task they are given. They act on questionable legitimation, which might be enough inside the corporation but enforcing laws - which a police should do - requires the existence of laws up first, and courts to work them. They shot unarmed civilians - something you claimed to be terrorism when Dust Brigade did it a few days ago - arrested and mistreated people in their custody without accepting any public inquiry. They tresspassed clan territory on several occasions without the right to do so. They even shot several of our guards in the process. And you call that your police force?

I suggest before you make use of such a questionable force as Omni-Pol you should first see that they take care of their job at home the way it should be done.

And if you do investigations outside your turf, then make sure the owner of the turf agrees with it, cause it's his laws that apply there, not yours. Cause if you don't, you should not be surprised if the welcome consists mainly of bullets and energy bolts.

Just as a sidenote, I know the person in question and I have met her several times in the last weeks in the Shadowlands, but I will not share any of the details with you unless it is by request of the Independent Rubikans, and I will not talk to Omni-Pol under any circumstances.

I will help any neutral with a legitimation to conduct investigations, you can leave me a message at my office in Athens.

-D
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

(( Not that it changes anything, but this is just a gentle reminder about Ross' speech:

"The Tir Accord is no longer accepted as an official agreement by Omni-Tek, and the entire planet – through the lease given us by the ICC - is now under the exclusive jurisdiction of Omni-Tek, Rubi-Ka Division. Our lawyers have assured me this is in compliance with intergalactic laws."

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...d/speech1.html

Please notice that this is OOC and only posted to clarify some facts which seemed to be ignored.
    ))
    Last edited by Virta; Jun 1st, 2004 at 18:18:55.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Originally posted by Virta
    (( Not that it changes anything, but this is just a gentle reminder about Ross' speech:

"The Tir Accord is no longer accepted as an official agreement by Omni-Tek, and the entire planet – through the lease given us by the ICC - is now under the exclusive jurisdiction of Omni-Tek, Rubi-Ka Division. Our lawyers have assured me this is in compliance with intergalactic laws."

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...d/speech1.html

Please notice that this is OOC and only posted to clarify some facts which seemed to be ignoredm
    ))
    And I betcha 10 credits that the next time the clanners are within 50 miles of omni-1, the first thing OMNI-TEK will do is claim that the clans DO exist, and that the tir accords DO apply, and no, there is no such nonsense as galactic lawyers saying it doesn't apply, nono! *men in black shooting the lawyers*
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Im sorry, but this "what if" these gems are circulated into terrorist hands just does not cut it. Regardless if these gems were stolen on Omni-Mining owned land or not, if the person does not file charges or register a complaint then there is no need for such an investigation.

By conducting this investigation you are forcing yourselves into a matter that is not of your concern, and are therefore unwelcomed. We as neutrals have policed ourselves quite well and should we ever want a formal investigation by Omni-Pol or Omni-Mining we would request it.

You keep claming this is in the name of Omni-Tek's safety to ensure that the gems in question are not sold or traded to profit or aid in terrorist activities.. If we allow you to come into our cities and towns under this pretense how long before you are investigating me or my neighbor as to how much my net worth is and where I spend my credits?

It all seems so rightous to be looking out for our well being and Omni-Teks safety, and in history that is how it all starts out, as a good deed.
    Last edited by Cyani; Jun 1st, 2004 at 21:31:11.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

It appears to me that some especially witty people within Omni-Pol found something they can use to have a legitimation to harrass people - a speech by Mr. Ross where he voids the Tir Accord after consulting with his lawyers.

Now, let's just think about what would be if we simply threw that treaty out of the window. First of all, it would be a declaration of war against all clans. Why's that? Simple - the Tir Accord acknowledged that we, the clans, live in a part of Rubi-Ka. By voiding the treaty OTRK also voided our right to live here.

Second, Omni-Pol still won't be able to conduct any investigations in any clan-controlled area as no one would speak to Omni-Pol anyways, safe for insults or threats. Most people I know would not even bother to ask an Omni-Pol office what business he has on our grounds, but simply gun him down up first and then check his corpse. That's immoral? Tell it to the Captains guarding the Grid terminal in Omni-1 Entertainment District. They don't act any different at the sight of a clanner.

Now I suggest that Omni-Pol keeps to their own people and leaves everyone else out of their pushing-around business. Last time I checked, the neutrals had not asked for any such investigations, so this has to be respected.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12