Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now available - a program to sort your bank and determine your pocket boss patterns.

Now available - a program to sort your bank and determine your pocket boss patterns.

Hello, I've written a program that will look through your inventory and determine what "pocket boss" patterns you have. It then lists out your pocket boss pattern pieces along with any possible matches to make a complete pattern.

It does not require /tells to a bot; it reads in your backpack contents similar to how ClickSaver reads in mission information.

An example output list is here, to give you an idea of how it looks.

The program is "beta" at the moment, and I would appreciate any feedback and thoughts on the program that you might have. You can find the program itself here. Please be sure to read the directions when you use it - I know the interface needs a bit more work.

Oh, one last thing that has to be said - just like ClickSaver, this is a "third-party" program that is not supported by FC or the ARKs. You use it at your own risk, and if you run into a problem with it, FC cannot help you! (And to be quite clear, it never asks for or uses your username or password!)
    Last edited by Covenant; Jun 19th, 2004 at 22:14:54.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

this is great!, ive never been able to sort my pocketbosses patherns hehe =) but i dont have time to try it right now, ill do l8r =)

Nifty program

I followed the directions and it worked just fine.

Thanks for the effort!

Myyr
    Myyr - Cute and Harmless MA
    Xaphralin - really cute and trying NOT to be harmless..
    Xzahn - Cute? Don't be silly
    Zaphras - Can we kill something now?
    Green24 - Head Shot!
    Ptor - Keeper
    Khasha - Where'd that **** pet go THIS time???

This is great, thank you very much.

Are there any other programs that can just print out a list of items? i would love to use the info from the banktracker to see all the items and lvl of stuff in my bank.

Originally posted by bigd
    This is great, thank you very much.

Are there any other programs that can just print out a list of items? i would love to use the info from the banktracker to see all the items and lvl of stuff in my bank.
    You're welcome. And as for other items, that's certainly do-able. Let me figure out how to best do that. I really want to make the interface on this one work a bit better and use it for a more inclusive program, one that figures out the bank.
    Last edited by Covenant; May 19th, 2004 at 18:25:53.
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Question

How does the sorter handle patterns that are named the same and have different QLs? for example Shake is a QL 192 SLither and a 195 Golem both named identically.
    Visit us at www.tiger-claw.net

OMG this is uber
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Re: Question

Originally posted by Remmance
    How does the sorter handle patterns that are named the same and have different QLs? for example Shake is a QL 192 SLither and a 195 Golem both named identically.
    It considers them identical.

Let me explain the problem first, then why I made them identical.

Most of the pocket bosses have two database entries - one from 15.0.1 and one from 15.0.4. Here's an example -

Chi Pattern of 'Shake' 15.0.1 version, QL 195

Chi Pattern of 'Shake' 15.0.4 version, QL 192

To the best of my knowledge, you'll only find one version of a particular pattern in the game. Some of the patterns were never updated from 15.0.1, while others were updated in 15.0.4. Since - as far as I'm aware - only one version of the pattern will actually be in-game, the player isn't even aware of the fact that two versions exist.

However, the program doesn't know which is more current. Just in the off chance that a 15.0.4 version exists but AO still uses the 15.0.1 version, it checks against both versions and considers them identical when it comes to creating matches.

it checks the items in the bags in the bank?
    Slybabe: 218 Shade RK2 |
    Gear
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part (sry to cramp your style pimper, but it was too good of a idea)

Originally posted by Slybabe
    it checks the items in the bags in the bank?
    Yes, but only when you access a particular backpack. You can do this by moving it from your bank to your inventory; the program "reads in" what is in your pack as it enters your inventory.

When a pack is accessed, the program reads in the pack's contents. You can access a pack in three basic ways :

Having it traded to you
    Opening it
    Moving it from your bank to your inventory

The instructions included with the program use the last method because it's the simplest, but it'll read in data from any of those methods.

The program will work quite happily by having people trade their packs to you and then you give them right back. Come to think of it, that's probably the best way to inventory the packs from multiple users - just have them hand packs to you, then hand them back. When everyone has done this with you, run the pattern matching option.

Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by Covenant

To the best of my knowledge, you'll only find one version of a particular pattern in the game.
    Youa re wrong here. 192 Shake is slither pb, drops from slithers in ado under water. 195 Shake is heckler boss, drops from adonis western named golems.

So if it is possible 192 shake and 195 shake should be handled as diff patterns.

All righty, I can make that change. When the items are read in, they're read by database number rather than by name, so it can distinguish between the same-named patterns without trouble.

Any others?

EDIT : Should have posted this before - change made and in the latest version.
    Last edited by Covenant; May 26th, 2004 at 19:35:40.

omg omg i LOVE you, im gonna download and try this first thing when i get home
    --

Very cool program

Now write one that will tell me where my Bellum Badonis Boots are Can't find them anywhere, lol.

Niiiiiiiiiiice

That is one cool prog. Like it was already said, extending it to full inventory would be cool too. (not just patterns)

Originally posted by Sheffy
    Very cool program

Now write one that will tell me where my Bellum Badonis Boots are Can't find them anywhere, lol.
    HA!

I just want to take this opportunity to remind you that Funcom and the ARK staff do not support third-party programs...use at your own risk.

That said, this is a pretty clever idea. Good job, assuming it doesn't steal passwords or something.
    Advisor Irongryphon
    Forums Moderator

Forums Social Guidelines
    ARK Public Website

Very cool program

rofl
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Very cool program

hehe like you need more phatz

And great job on the program
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Very cool program

lol

Sounds very promising Covenant, I'll have to try it when I find the time for it.
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast