Thread: PvP is broke (duh). Lets Fix It.

Exclamation PvP is broke (duh). Lets Fix It.

I posted this in another thread, but wanted more people who otherwise wouldn't see the thread to read it. It's not that it is so important that everyone hear what I have to say, because who am I to talk crap, and it's also nothing that hasn't been said before. All comments are IMHO, Here goes:

I do a lot of PvP with several different Professions. Pre 13.0 the PvP Effectivness chart may have looked like this.

1. Soldier
    2. Agent
    3. Martial Artist
    4. Nano Technician
    5. Enforcer
    6. Doctor
    7. Trader *
    8. Meta Physicist
    9. Adventurer
    10. Engineer
    11. Fixer **
    12. Bureaucrate **

* NOTE: These are the Traders I have fought, I know very well how powerful and devistating a trader that knows what he/she is doing can be, and how well they are able to over-equip a shotty. I've seen one Trade use effective Debuff skills in PvP, but most that I have fought did not.

** NOTE: Never fought a Fixer or Bureaucrate.... may because lack of player base or they don't PvP, this is an assumption.

After the 13.0 Patch I would rank it like this:

1. Meta Physicist
    2. Agent
    3. Martial Artist
    4. Enforcer
    5. Adventurer
    6. Doctor
    7. Trader *
    8. Engineer
    9. Soldier
    10. Nano Technician
    11. Fixer **
    12. Bureaucrate **

The patch did nothing for balance, just a complete switch of power. Metas are unstoppable. Agents still "Crit" every other shot, not to mention Aimed Shot. Any profession that can deal decent damage combined with decent heals rocks in PvP.... ex: MA, AD and I recently fought a Doctor with a Hammer that laughed at me afterwards. The Engineeer is ahead of the NT and Soldier because Pets still do regular damage... not 50%. Nano technicians are completely ineffective, they run out of nano after about 10 -15 seconds 20 if lucky, but fights tend to last about a minute give or take now. And the Soldier is just rediculously underpowered now, If the alpha strike is surived - which after the patch is about 9 times out of 10 - Then the soldier is dead 9 times out of 10.

Is this thread one sided? I don't think so... I've played almost every profession at least for a few levels. Except, to be honest, a Fixer, Bureaucrate and Engineer. And I know I can't appreciate the problems that occur at lvl 100+

PvP in this game simply doesn't exist. The Arenas are empty and the Political Zones are barren. I'm on RK2, I can't speak for RK1. After the patch every now and then someone will show up at Tir Arena, I almost never see anyone at the Omni Ent Arena. MMD is totally dead as well as 2HO. After the 13.2 patch even the Grid Campers are gone.

I have a NT that was unstoppable before 13.0, now he runs out of nano after 15 seconds and is reduced to a low class Martial Artist.

I have a Soldier that dies 9 out of 10 times after the patch because the Alpha Strike (which was the only thing the soldier had) is now ineffective.... after the alpha stike the soldier is reduced to regular shots with absolutely no heals, you may get one or two crits and if your lucky survive long enough to get a second burst in. Other than that... just sit back and watch yourself die.

I have an MP that absolutely NOBODY will fight. The day of the patch I leveled an Agent that had a Gripo 30 QLs above his lvl... after that nobody will fight me (the MP). I took him to 2HO and started a fight with a Soldier that was 5 lvls above me and everyone that was around watch that was higher lvl was healing the other soldier. I screamed out "why are you guys helping him, we are fighting?" and their responce was that I was cheating by having a second pet heal me. Other times that I have grided into MMD or 2HO with my MP i've seen players I could otherwise fight within range make a run for the grid or 75% suppresion zone.

My points:

1. I like to PvP, It is broke as it is now... it has alway been broke. I liked that you reduced damage by 50%, but making healing that heals the same makes it even more unbalanced. Healing should be halfed as well. The fight will still be longer that before the patch, and it wouldn't be so very unbalanced towards the healing classes.

2. Pets do the same amount of damage in PvP, their damage is not halfed. This is fine for me, the people with pets that I beat before the patch, I beat after the patch. Most Pet Users don't have other powerful means of offense, most rely almost soley on their pets and they almost never do as much damage by their selfs as the opponnet can dish out to their master.

3. Over-equiping is an issue, this said by someone who loves to over-equip. To me it's a part of the game. There is nothing wrong with trying to equip the best possible equipment that you can using implants and buffs that are available in the game. To over-equip takes stategy and a lot of planning and preparation. In my opinion if you took that time to plan everything just the way you want it, you deserve to wear it. On that note: Equipment should be based on your current skill stats, if you buffed to put something on (a weopon or armor) then when the buff wears off the equipment should be reduced in stats to the equivalent lvl. But if someone has great equipment for his lvl they should have some kind of bonus. What fun is it if everyone is the exact same. A lot of the fun involved for me is to strive to be better than the next guy, and as good as I can possibly be.

4. Implants skill stats should stay the same. Don't reduce the effectiveness on implants when a required stat for the implant is reduced. Everyone need Treatment buffs and Centers to put implants in. If our QL 50 implants are going to be reduced to QL 20s when the Treatment Specials wears off and we take off the Med Suit ... then what is the point??

5. Make PvP worth and mean something, and make it have some kind of risk.... somebody spoke of a PvP point system where you can see your points, maybe in the status window. There would be levels of PvP like ranks.... say you have acheived the 2nd rank and half way to your 3rd rank and you lost... you would lose all the points you earned towards your 3rd rank. There would be no way to save these points, but at the same time once you made a rank it could not be taken away from you..... and give bonus for the higher PvP ranks. I don't know who said this, it's in the boards somewhere so forgive me for not quoting exactly.

I could go on and on, but why bother LOL. I like to team up with people and go hunting, but I also really love the PvP aspect, and wish that Funcom does something exciting with it and fixes it so that more people want to PvP. There are only a hand full of people that are even slightly interested in PvP now. Again i'm speaking from RK2.

I've had several chacters, but I keep about 4 or 5 now:

Tolken lvl 25 Neutral MP
    NanoFreQ lvl 45 Omni NT
    Lohem lvl 28 Omni Soldier
    Eiroshima lvl 10 Clan NT
    Dapadre lvl 11 Clan MP

Please leave your comments, and please feel free to contact me in game if you want to get together and do some PvP, or set up some kind of PvP teams. I have characters with freshman title, but i don't care about losing the title, at least not until it means something. I've tried to be objective and not critical or one sided. Anytime something was changed in-game i've tried to adapt.... But for me personally to play this game, I NEED the PvP asspect to work and even more importantly ..... Exist.

and Finally, that said, I'm not trolling... just pointing out the obvious, nothing that hasn't been said by others before. I enjoy the game, just think PvP should be better.

Take Care

The chart after 13.0 should look like this:

Trader
    Doctor
    Enforcer
    Engineer
    MP
    Martial Artist
    Soldier
    Agent
    Fixer
    Adventurer
    Nanotechnician
    Beaurocrat
    Kizzim - Agent RK2
    Omni Quick Response Force

"Some people call me a Troll, I see myself as Denial of Service to idiots."

"The object of War is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

if you want my opinion, go to the post that this was ORIGIONALLY in... reposting is a waste of space.

You cant say one is best, it all depends on the matchup.

that is the gist of what my other post says.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

The basis of the chart is to show which professions when set up against the other professions do the best. So IE: The #1 does better against other professions than anyone else. And for your original statement about the original thread, i didnt see it and i was just commenting on a post.
    Kizzim - Agent RK2
    Omni Quick Response Force

"Some people call me a Troll, I see myself as Denial of Service to idiots."

"The object of War is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."