Thread: Take on Avalon

Take on Avalon

(OOC:This was written up for the Avalon Event but anytime I'm in an event and write somthing up for it seems the Event team says they can right somthing better so without further ado my write up of the Road Block in Avalon)

Last night at around 3:20 RST reports suddenly came over the net that Omni patrols had declared the road around the hunting ground Outpost where to be closed. No reason was given, no comment made, only that anyone trying to violate that order would be shot. Well being the curious type I decided to see if I could get a comment from the guards on the road closing. Well I got a comment in the form of a barrage of shots the instant I approached the beginning of the road block. The overreaction of the Omni-Pol Forces shocked even me for after the barrage the instead of return to there spots instead attacked the guards of the outpost there slaughtering Sir Galahads men mercilessly.

Reports crossed like fire across links and communicators all across the area of what had happened and soon a huge crowd had gathered and no chants where needed to stir up this crowd. The sight of the fallen was enough for them. Then one brave maybe foolhardy man charged towards the line and through accident perhaps or fate the initial barrage of fire missed him and that was enough for the crowd. And so that mad dash began. Clan chasing Omni-Pol back towards the base. While Omni-Pol tried throwing Slayerdroids in the crowds path hoping to slow them down. What started as a running battle turned into a rout. Thanks mostly in part to the quick thinking of Wolfe and Malesur and all the other members of Storm who lead the charge and drew most of the fire. Finally at the entrance to the base itself they turned and slowed making their stand and due to the disordered nature of both sides it dissolved into chaos. Weapon discharges and nano-bot clouds painted the darking sky red and the outmatched Omni-Pol fought to the last man. This close despite the ten perhaps twenty clanners that had fallen or some like Boco badly hurt but still fighting the crowd(now around 30, perhaps forty strong) charged into the base…

To find it empty, not a soul stirred in the base, the normal Slayerdroid and Omni-Pol Supreme Commanders where no where in sight. And most distressing of all. The Omni-Pol Command Juggernaught. A familiar sight at any Omni base was no where to be seen.

The crowd without a focus for their anger turned to smashing some of the machinery and vehicles there. But before long enough the vandals stooped looking for why and where the Omni-Pol had gone.

Around thirty minutes later after tending to the wounded the Clan forces began to move out but before they could the missing Juggernaught and base troops showed up all badly injured and easy prey. Most probably had no idea where the attack came from and less time to fight back before they where defeated.

With news of incoming reinforcements the last remnants of the Clanners retreated leaving puzzling questions.
    Why was the road closed?
    Why was Omni-Pol in Avalon to begin with?
    And where did that Juggernaught go? What did it do?

Though the battle here may have been won. Did we lose another?

(OOC: Question? Comments?)
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

As I was watch and patcipating(And getting killed rather quickly in) the Large PVP Fight in 4holes today it came to me that Clan is quite played like Clan is supposed to be
    3 combat Zones,

The Entrance to Woompa from Omni Side, The GRID Entrance and the Grid Exit

40 Clanners and they all ran back and forth from these three zones and no vauge sense of tatics where used in this little melee
    Meanwhile 5 high Level Omni Soilders keep yalmdrop, FA, Burst, Fling till people died zone into shop, rinse repeat and it was good

Just a random thought I could not think of anywhere else to post
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It