Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Damage Dumper substitute

AOparser was the name afaik.. And this is AOparser.. so I think it is.

Originally posted by Charfbiz2

same here
    Killer: 86% // Achiever:66% // Explorer:33% // Socializer: 13%

can we verify this rumour please
    LOOK. IM EDITING *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT *EDIT* ----- did you see this before when you first refreshed????? no...
    does it have the edit flag on it?.... no

Tested, prolly just a rumor, like always

Ive just downloaded from the first link posted, kept in the .zip directory. Extracted and re-tested.
    ==================================
    First Test: Nod32 (a.k.a. ESET)
    Checks out fine with Nod32 Antivirus, the best in the world. It looks at patterns, instead of virus definitions like useless McAfee and Norton (Before I'm flamed for "keyloggers aren't virii!" Nod32 finds everything, ok?)
    ==================================
    Second test: Pest Patrol 4

C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PESTPA~2.EXE 4.4.3.19

Scanning controlled from the command line with these parameters:
    - /NotifyAlways
    - C:\\aoparser

PestPatrolCL scanned C:\\aoparser checking 2 files in this area as well as checking for
    0 Spyware registry entries, 0 Spyware files, and 0 Spyware directories.

Found 0 pests!
    3 Seconds
    Exited with error level of 0
    =======================

Keyloggers also have to SEND information somewhere. Where in this program does it send anything?
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

Weird that someone would use Wtfnet to send info like this out and its false, I dont know. But I would be carefull using it.

Funcom does not support or endorse the use of third party programs. They may damage your installation, steal your password or have other unintended effects. They are absolutly use at your own risk.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

Originally posted by Nifertu
    Is this the parser with hidden keystroke logger?
    what you mean?
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Originally posted by Charfbiz2

ehm, is it just me or AOparser looks exactly like AOparser? don't really understand what you people speak about.
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

A message was announced on the RK-2 omni bot.. Wtfnet.. That AOparser had been used to steal accounts, if it rumours.. I dont know.

The bot name seems very appropriate, i certainly get the wtf kind of reaction hearing the whole thing o.O

to nip the hysteria in the bud, here is the source for current version of the parser. I'll be first to admit it's painfully bad code, but not malicious :s

Note: with the source now made available i take no responsibility whatsoever if you download the program from anywhere else but the original site. Simply because anyone can now add whatever they please to the code, compile it and pretend it's just a mirror of the original...

Well that should show that its nothing wrong with it atleast. I dont know what the rumours come from then

I think somebody got pissed that the proggie was showing how gimp they are ^^
    Merung 215-8 Lich (Intermediate)
    Proud Squad Commander of Core

[Core] Merung: Just cuz your profession fell outta the nerf tree and hit every branch on the way down, doesnt mean all should share your fate
    [Core] Shendeo: ./org leave

That's probably what happened, Mer, people got sick of getting their damage getting destroyed by YOUR kind

I also looked through the AOParser directory, and saw nothing su****ious, not even a way for any keystroke logger to actually send anything out. Besides, if anything on my PC tried to sneak data out over the 'net, I'd find out about ten seconds before it happened...
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

ooh, how about a "Healer Dumper"?

Very do-able, after looking at 10 seconds of the source code.

Even a dummy like me that went to publik skule might be able to do that. I'll keep in touch.
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

Lightbulb

On completely unrelated side note:

those of you who happen to have problem with the report pane and/or script staying empty or never updating... please make sure you have anything selected in the Tools > Include submenu (that menu defines which players, if any, should be listed n the report)

If no option is enabled in that submenu, the report wont' be drawn simply because you requested the program to pay no attention to any kind of player it has registered. ;s

Also, having all your players combined in a team while the parser is told to include just independent players in the report.. or setting it so only teams/team members should be included when none of the players in the tree pane is assigned to a team... etc... will result in empty report. The parser is dumb and will dutifully do what you tell it to, without even noticing the ordered settings might cause a problem ^^;

(will update the program later so there's some sort of feedback if it happens)
    Last edited by Joannah; Aug 3rd, 2004 at 20:17:23.

Joannah I've been very enthousiastic of this program from the very start.

However lately I notice that AOparser is getting more and more instable. Today was the absolute worse. I had the program crash on my 6 times within the hour. Losing all the stats in the proces.

Please try to make your program more stable so it doesn't crash anymore.
    Last edited by Dyna18; Aug 4th, 2004 at 00:38:24.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Hmm, the obvious problem here: if i don't know what causes the program crash, i can't fix it. If am not told in what conditions it crashes on you, it makes it far more difficult for me to replicate it and determine the cause. -.^

If possible, please check the version available here, and let me know if it crashes equally bad on you? Some secondary stats were removed from this build as i suspect they might be the cause. If it stops the crashing then i'll know better what to focus on. If not, then i'll know it's something else ... but either way i need some feedback to narrow it down. --;;

I've noticed that if your logfiles become too big, it crashes the parser. Granted I havent tested the lasted versions, but I thought it might be whats causeing Dyna18 problems.

Originally posted by Anualken
    That's probably what happened, Mer, people got sick of getting their damage getting destroyed by YOUR kind

I also looked through the AOParser directory, and saw nothing su****ious, not even a way for any keystroke logger to actually send anything out. Besides, if anything on my PC tried to sneak data out over the 'net, I'd find out about ten seconds before it happened...
    I saw the message on wtfnet as well, and the person who posted it is highly respected. I dont understand why he havent posted the proofs in this thread though.

Im sure there are ways to log keypresses without anti-virus software noticing it, but there is absolutely no way it (it being the AO parser software) could send that information over the net using its own ports etc. Any firewall would immediately notice it (and if you're smart, you have set your firewall to block outgoing transmissions containing your password(s) - or at least get a prompt asking for your permission). There is one way it could get out though, and that was through the AO chat system, to a php bot like helpbot. Just look how you could send item references to it then go to a website to retrieve the ready forum links. A bot could serve as a storage for information. Then again, it would have to be sent without the user knowing about it, and that would prove hard since you can see all chat messages in the chat window... no way to hide that, right?

I dont believe this proggie is sending out passwords, but I do see the potential risk of software like this doing it sometime in the future, if we arent carefull enough with what we use. We should always use caution when using 3rd party software. Remember that all ports AO uses are omst likely wide open on your system, and a clever software designer could probarbly easily piggyback that information out anywhere he wants it. Oh and posting source doesnt really matter. Even if the compiled version is as large as the AOParser is now, keylogger code could get replaced by dummie code before the source was posted, so the executables end up in the same size. Again, I dont think this program does this, I am just thinking out loud...

kudos to the coder for making this application, although I havent used it myself, its always highly amusing seeing damage stats during a long heckler day. Keeps everyone on their edge - for a while at least
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast