Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Damage Dumper substitute

thanks! the update works again.

Found something odd in aoparser, or maybe it's just me not understanding it

why aren't the crit % the same in these two panels ?

this is after a half finished mish btw.

http://81.230.66.16:2500/oddcrit.png

using version 0.9.707.0 coz the latest randomly crashes on me
    Last edited by Gorgoth; Jul 23rd, 2004 at 17:20:27.

"why aren't the crit % the same in these two panels ?"

The crit % in the left pane tells how many hits --out of those that actually landed on target-- were critical hits. To some extent lets you see if your offensive abilities are up to date, if your crit-oriented gear and nanos do their work etc.

The number in right pane tells you how large part of total damage dealt to the targets was generated by critical hits.

In the example you posted it appears that just 15% of hits you landed on target which were crits (the left pane data) were 'big' enough to make 33% of damage you did on the whole. Hope it makes sense. ^^

Any details on those random crashes btw? :<

Planing on adding a feauture which shows how much SK you gain per hour?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

"Planing on adding a feauture which shows how much SK you gain per hour?"

Added; if more than a minute passed since stats for your character were reset, the experience info will be enhanced with estimate how much exp/sk you are likely to gain, if things keep rolling at current rate.

(it's based on total amount of xp gained/total time passed since reset sort of calculation, so might take it a few minutes of 'normal' fighting to give reliable value)

when I download the prog, there are 2 excutables. One refuses to run because it is missing some dll I can't find anywhere to download (I think it must be part of some MS-something package)and the other, way bigger. that one has the dll built in?
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Link for updated versions not working, so i'm stuck with the old bugged one
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

hmm.. i cant find my log.txt file

"when I download the prog, there are 2 excutables. One refuses to run because it is missing some dll I can't find anywhere to download (I think it must be part of some MS-something package)and the other, way bigger. that one has the dll built in?"

Aye, the big one with ".static" in the name has the .dll file included. If the smaller one doesn't launch, the bigger one hopefully should. Other than that they work just the same.

Hmm i just clicked on the last updated link and it worked for me. Maybe the site was down for a moment or something ^^;;;

"hmm.. i cant find my log.txt file"

Make sure the logging is enabled: in game, open the chat window config, right click on the name of window which receives the combat spam and enable "Log messages" option. To find the path to that file you can use "Show log window" command in the same right-click menu. The window which opens will have path to the log file shown at the top (it's in "Prefs" sub-folder in the directory where the game is installed)

Is there a readme file on instructions to how to use this program?

A couple of questions, haven't had time to test in game yet.

Does the window need to be open? Not sure if logging happens in a closed window. Of course i can just make it REALLY small and place it in a corner

Have you tested if it makes a significant difference in processor use wether damage channels are the only output to the window or we have other channels subscribed?

Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

but it doesnt show my dmg... is it not supposed to ?

"Is there a readme file on instructions to how to use this program?"

Not yet, didn't really have time to sit and make anything like that... he basic instructions are listed at he beginning of the thread, with some random additions here and there *..*

"Does the window need to be open?"

Can't remember for sure now, but i think you can have the window closed and still recording things to the file if logging for that window is enabled.

"Have you tested if it makes a significant difference in processor use wether damage channels are the only output to the window or we have other channels subscribed?"

If there's extra channels in the log then it will increase the processing slightly, because the parser has to compare the channel name with the ones it can process for the data... but the time increase should be minimal. It will be somewhat bigger if you also enable command recognition, as those extra lines are then parsed for possible program commands instead of just being ignored.

"but it doesnt show my dmg... is it not supposed to ?"

As long as you have it set up properly it should update your damage under "You" in the 'tree' pane, and in the report pane shall you actually make it to the top damage list. Some people have problem with the program not recognizing the log file was updated though. *..*

"Does the window need to be open?"

Can't remember for sure now, but i think you can have the window closed and still recording things to the file if logging for that window is enabled.
    No, you can close the window. There is no difference between open and closed for the dumper.
    .: Colonel Evelswoo :.
    .: Fighting for -= SEMPER FIDELIS =- on DNW :.

After I formatted my comp and downloaded this new version when I try hitting the "watch" button it doesn't happen anything, in previous versions it always came up a window where I could browse to it. Tried adding adress in upper right corner to the log, but it doesn't update damage automatically, would need to go there and hit enter every time I want to see it update.. any help on this or links to some older version that works?

Downloaded the last update from the link a few posts above:

The zip folder is invalid or corrupted.

Downloaded from http://freestate-graphics.neostrada....er20040724.zip and the file appears corrupted for me also

It's not corrupted
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Downloaded it again and discovered why it was corrupted, the size of file was 50kish while it should be 380kish.
    The server you hosting the file have some limitation on band or it could be some connections in a bad day? I downloaded something a bit ago from other site and it done ok.

Anyway, there's no problem with the file, only the download have some problems

Is this the parser with hidden keystroke logger?
    Nifertu - 220.17 Shade

Nanochamp - 210 gimp

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast