Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade jobe helmet/pads

Upgrade jobe helmet/pads

Well since the npc's have released the info can anybody post what you need for the helm/pads.
    In the land of the blind the one eye man rules.

Jokers glyph to upgrade helm/pads to advanced (ql160) then Glyph of the Arcana to upgrade to excellent (ql220).

Jokers glyph drops off Eradicus in an adonis dungeon near ergo and the Glyph of the Arcana i believe drops in Pen not sure what from though.
    Sigian 220 Supreme Creator Neutral Engineer - RK1 Gear
    Semiazas 132 Sorcerer Neutral Nano-Technician - RK1 Gear
    Juvart 147 Union Man Neutral Enforcer - RK1 Gear
    Malakaii 157 Adventurer Neutral Adventurer - RK1 Gear

Account Created:
    2002-11-05 02:09:15
    This account was cancelled at:
    2005-12-28 23:51:18

There are 2 eradicus mobs in adonis. One is at the bottom of a pantheon dungeon near the east incarnator. it's above 200. The other one is underwater somewhere, it's around 160. I have no idea where that one is.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Arcana glyph drops in Pande, not pen..
    And there are lots of Eradicus bosses in Adonis, just go to one of the dungeons underwater, marked with blue squares on Sphere map..

I cant find any information about how to make them profession items?
    Any help?

Pay a visit to your IPS and talk to them?
    2003-2004 full time addict
    2004-2005 full time testlive
    2005-2006 full time addict to another game
    2006 occasional testlive

I have 2 tier2 parts and rest is tier1. Shoulder pads and life support are uppgraded to exelent ..

In the database there is Tier1 and tier2 version for my pads so there seems to be possible to make it profession specific at that lvl.

So, how does these become profession specific? or are that at the Tier3 uppgrade. And why then the Tier1 and 2 refs in the db for pads. I know there exist items in db that aint in game.

I could specify mor to prevent more non-informative answers .. but plzz

yo

if its not in the db its not in the game, if its in the db it does not mean its in the game
    2003-2004 full time addict
    2004-2005 full time testlive
    2005-2006 full time addict to another game
    2006 occasional testlive

Replicantel
    I said that in my previous post to prevent that answer, thanks

So reading the missing info right: There are no profession versions of Advanced Jobe and Excelent Jobe and when uppgrading excelent jobe to Tier3 it becomes profession specific.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes

Yes I can confirm this. And it's TOTAL BULL. Ok first of all after you use the 2nd glyph it will turn to Excellent Jobe Life Support. then, you "right click" once and it turns profession specific. BUT, guess what? if you don't "right click" it once, and you do add the blue glyph-awakened-chosen/faithful..... well you are in for a surprise! You get the wrong profession. I'm crat, and got an agent chosen back piece. they WILL not reimburse u, u have to camp again (took me 3 months to even find 1 FRN) for the parts.

Now correct me if I'm wrong.... you should not even be able to make that mistake. if you do any other tradeskill wrong you get the "It is not possible to assemble those two items. Maybe the order was wrong?" message. but no..... in this case, if you miss one slight click you loose 120mil credits down the drain (if you paid for your upgrade parts) or all the time wasted camping.
    This should be fixed, I think the way they even let this happen is unnacceptable.
    .... back to camping....didn't funcom say they don't believe in camping? or was I dreaming?

I made the mistake off assuming the tradeskill process checked my profession when adding the Blue glyph to my Excellent Jobe Suit Life Support System, so ended up with Enforcer backpiece instead of Engi :/

Luckily this was before the totally LAME disclaimer appeared in the logon screen, so a nice GM unmade the item for me However, there is no excuse for such mediocre coding, the tradeskill process simply should NOT ALLOW mistakes like this. How hard would it be to add a profession check in the last step?

Bottom line: Fix the problem instead of dumping responsibility on the paying customers.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Re: Yes

Originally posted by Ceen
    Yes I can confirm this. And it's TOTAL BULL. Ok first of all after you use the 2nd glyph it will turn to Excellent Jobe Life Support. then, you "right click" once and it turns profession specific. BUT, guess what? if you don't "right click" it once, and you do add the blue glyph-awakened-chosen/faithful..... well you are in for a surprise! You get the wrong profession. I'm crat, and got an agent chosen back piece. they WILL not reimburse u, u have to camp again (took me 3 months to even find 1 FRN) for the parts.

Now correct me if I'm wrong.... you should not even be able to make that mistake. if you do any other tradeskill wrong you get the "It is not possible to assemble those two items. Maybe the order was wrong?" message. but no..... in this case, if you miss one slight click you loose 120mil credits down the drain (if you paid for your upgrade parts) or all the time wasted camping.
    This should be fixed, I think the way they even let this happen is unnacceptable.

Yes i fully agree with Ceen ,
    i too made the same mistake of adding the blue glyph of aban for my enf and ended up with a ma pad, an ark(yes i petitoned) refused to help me resolve this stating that its the policy blah blah blah
    tats an estimated 250mil ++ worth of credits gone down the drain ( t2=100mil, t3=100mil, frn=50mil)
    how can fc not help to resolve an item with such and expensive estimated worth ????
    not every single one of us has the time or credit to farm/buy jobe,t1,t2,t3 again (involving 24+ hours and more)
    and im really not happy to re-farm an item again when a gm could simply do some changes to resolve this in like a minute
    not all of us are trade skillers! some of us like the other aspects of the game and not be involved much with trade skilling
    imho FC should come up with a easier solution and not make ppl waste more time farming such an item with so low a drop rate

my sugestion is

1) place an npc in jobe who is able to exchange the wrong t3 for the correct profession

2) remove the NODROP of certain parts of T3 so we players can at least trade it with someone who made the same mistake,ect

3) STOP (yes stop!) the process of combining the glyph and tier2 part if it is not the correct process to combine for the specif profesion or a warning tat it will become a (example) ma or enf pad

and i do know of quite a no. of ppl who made the same mistake
    so i really do hope this can be resolved
    i understand tat the GM's r busy but there needs to be a perm solution to this that will make us noob tradeskillers happy

tks for taking the time to read this!

its unacceptable to dump the responsibility's of a faulty tradeskilling process on the shoulders of the paying customers.

period
    Iminay Field Marshall 218/17 ::: Imicrat Exp Totem 200/6
    "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and drama"

Brothers of Kai
    in memory of BoB

Sorry guys but im playing devils advocate here... its not FC's fault that you didnt do your research and do the tradeskill right... theres only one person who's fault that is. Yes it sucks, it even blows, but learn from your mistakes and don't do it again... the disclaimer at the startup screen should've given you a clue to talk to those guys at IPS for exact instructions, and if you did it before then they were replacing them (happened to a good friend of mine).

It sucks and im sorry to hear it happened, but its not FCs fault, its yours.
    Bonghigs - 210 MP Diety Equipment
    Sirmezzalot - 170 Crat
    Hurtyatrox - 162 Enf (retired)
    and a slew of others

"Do you have Mochies?" - "Yes, thanks for asking."

Mmmm, post count...

Originally posted by ~Bonghigs~
    Sorry guys but im playing devils advocate here... its not FC's fault that you didnt do your research and do the tradeskill right... theres only one person who's fault that is. Yes it sucks, it even blows, but learn from your mistakes and don't do it again... the disclaimer at the startup screen should've given you a clue to talk to those guys at IPS for exact instructions, and if you did it before then they were replacing them (happened to a good friend of mine).

I disagree, the process is poorly coded and leaves this problem for the customers to deal with. There will always be people who make mistakes, even know they should have known better... nobody's perfect So much simpler for all if it was impossible to create NODROP items through tradeskills that are unusable by your professsion. Happy customer = paying customer
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

ya, the only way you could have gotten the wrong parts is if you try to skip tier 2. If you're trying to skip an entire step and go straight to chosen i dont really think you can blame FC when you're essentially trying to cheat. When i heard people were getting their incorrect chosen/faithful switched i was a little upset since i made mine the legitimate way. True funcom could have improved the process, but i think its better now that people arent allowed to skip steps.

If your items exist in the database for tier armor, then they can be made. Everyone except soldiers, adventurers, and MAs have tier 2 shoulder pads and no tier 2 back item. Soldiers, adv and MAs have a back items and no shoulder pads. To get shoulder pads, helmet, or back armor to turn into tier two you need to upgrade the basic jobe with a jokers glyph, then apply your completed tier two glyph for your profession. Once you have the tier 2 you can upgrade it normally using a glyph for tier 3 (chosen/faithful). If you dont have a tier 2 version of a specific piece, you must use the jokers glyph, then the arcana glyph on that piece of jobe to upgrade it to ql 220, then apply the normal tier 3 glyph.
    Last edited by Raynefists; Jul 26th, 2004 at 21:04:30.
    President of Midnight Reveries

Thanks for the answers.

That must hurt alot when getting it wrong.

This info should be sticky all need this info.

Hum.

Some of you call it a 'faulty process', or 'poorly coded'.

True, it would be nice if there was a "It is not possible to combine these two items."

However.

The IPS guys now give -exact instructions-

Do not put the blame on Funcom since you didn't follow the instructions. Up until they added the -exact instructions-, you were able to exchange them if you did it wrong.
    Jenslove-165
    Born-July 3rd, 2001

Finally got me a naner suit...

Account Created - 2001-06-28 03:53:22

Jenslove is not, has never been, and will never be Ebayed. So stop harrassing me.

Originally posted by ~Bonghigs~

not true , i did my pads one day before the msg on screen
    when i petitioned , an ark told me tat they were no gonna do anything as gms already do not help peple who made the pads even before they posted the disclaimer on the login screen
    so how can fc place the blameon us players?

Originally posted by Raynefists
    ya, the only way you could have gotten the wrong parts is if you try to skip tier 2. If you're trying to skip an entire step and go straight to chosen i dont really think you can blame FC when you're essentially trying to cheat.
    I was referring to my back item, which as you point out for most professions aren't avavilable until Tier3. Ergo, I wasn't trying to 'cheat' as you put it When combining the Earth Glyph of the World with my twice upgraded Jobe suit back item, it came out as the Enforcer item simply becuase I didn't think to right-click it so it would change into my profession's back item first. Nobody had told me this was necessary, and I naturally assumed the process didn't need any extra steps. Yes, I might have been a little too eager, but who wouldnt be when they have just aqcuired their first Blue Glyph and FRN
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast