Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Damage Dumper substitute

Damage Dumper substitute

... available for download here.

still pretty much in progress. works by monitoring the log file rather than the in-game chat... but as long as the updates are real-time, who cares about the technicalities :s

how to set it up: in game client, open the chat config window. direct all combat messages to one window. right-click on the name of that window and enable the "Log messages" option. (btw, the exact path to that log file can be found by picking the "Show log window" option in the same menu)

Once that's done, you can run the damage parser and point it to the correct log file. Then either add manually players to watch, or use the automatic mode to collect stats for everything nearby....

(was only tested with winXP, no idea if it works on anything else ^^;;

nice!

now just polish it up

it didnt know what to do with my 44meg log file and decided to crash. fresh file worked but for how long?

_____
    HURJA
    WoW incoming!!
    Hurjakeeper (204)
    GMT/UTC+2
    Big Bad NOT a Sword
    Damage: alot-more(and then some)
    Atk. Skills: 2hEdged: 100%

(im tempted to tell you about the inadequacy of certain fabled sword here but i'll refrain myself)

"it didnt know what to do with my 44meg log file and decided to crash."

Might happen every now and then for the time being, there's still some forms of damage report i didn't see myself so they can throw the program off. (andlikely to occur in huge logs) ^^ worked stable for me for last couple of days though, so that shouldn't be happening too often. ^^;

Application failed to initialize

u.u
    Valea, RK2 Omni Eternalist - 2000+ Pharma Tech
    Sirrala, RK2 Omni MP

I do what I have to do...

nice work Joannah.

A few things:

1) (more for anyone else with the same problem) It needed MFC70.dll to run which doesnt have a COM interface so I just plonked a copy of the dll in the same folder as AOParser.exe

2) Any chance of being able to sort by damage etc?

3) Any chance of being able to pause/export the data?

(I know this is a very early release but just thought I would mention it anyway, your work is much appreciated )
    NT Motto: Veni, Vidi, Cucurri.
    Rahmorak, Clan Solitus NT
    How much damage are YOUR nukes doing?

1) included the mfc bits in the updated version, the program is now a bit bigger but should work without any external .dll's

2) put the 'top damage' report in the right pane, up to ten players are now listed there sorted by the overall damage done... i'll look later into adding option to sort the whole tree in the left pane if that's still needed. ^^;

3) the Copy option is now enabled if there's actually report available. Using it copies the report to the standard Windows clipboard, though dunno how useful that'll be -- didn't check how AO handles pasting multiple lines in its chat ^^;;

re: the application failed to initialize thing, i have no data to even try to reproduce that error so afraid there's nothing i can do right now to fix it. ^^;;;

apparently there is something you can do to fix it because your updated version works
    Valea, RK2 Omni Eternalist - 2000+ Pharma Tech
    Sirrala, RK2 Omni MP

I do what I have to do...

Originally posted by Valea
    apparently there is something you can do to fix it because your updated version works
    Then you prolly were missing the mfc. Worked fine on my system but with all the development junk I got loaded I'd be surprised if I couldn't run old win32 programs (aka 3.11 junk nobody remembers)
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

great work, just wnated to add a suggestion though.

Maybe you could add a delete player option in case someone enters the wrong name, or if someone leaves.

"Maybe you could add a delete player option in case someone enters the wrong name, or if someone leaves."

Added. ^^

(click on player/pet name in the tree view, and press Delete key or pick option from Edit menu to delete)

Also modified the Add Player/Pet window a bit to make the pet handling easier... you can now select already monitored players directly from the drop-down list, if selected player already has any pets they'll show in the dialog box fields. To add extra pets just enter their name(s) in the empty fields and click Add.

Very nice proggie, would really love to be able to list everyone (not just top 10) for raids :P

"Very nice proggie, would really love to be able to list everyone (not just top 10) for raids :P"

Added. -.^

Use "Generate Full Report" switch in the Tools menu to choose between short and full-sized damage list.

The other new switch, "Damage Breakdown" causes the program to include short damage analysis in the report, e.g:

Leet : 1166210 hp ( AimedShot 28% Regular 57% Critical 13% )
    Reet : 1153313 hp ( Damage Shield 1% Backstab 14% Brawl 5% FastAttack 12% Regular 59% Critical 7% )

which might be interesting for some ^^;; (the numbers usually won't add to full 100% due to rounding down and skipping entries smaller than 1% for brevity sake)

Great job! *applauds*

Finally, I've been waiting for someone to make a new damagedumper. Really great work.

Thanks!

Great Job

I just tested it today on a merc raid and your program was awesome. You did a great job.

I would like to request a feature if possible: could you add a pause button ?

Re: Great Job

Great to hear it's actually useful for something ^^

re: the pause button, it's very simple addition but how should the pause itself work? I.e, when the pause button is active, should the program still register the ongoing damage, just without updating the stats until the pause is disabled... or should everything happening when the pause is active, be ignored altogether?

If you had the desire to add both, you could add one as a "Freeze Frame" button which would keep reading/adding ongoing damage but not display the new totals until clicked off (to give people time to type results from a certain time instead of typing them one by one as damage is still incrementing), and a "Pause Damage Reading" button to make the program stop reading/adding damage until pressed again.

Best of both worlds? Make everybody happy?

Re: Re: Great Job

Originally posted by Joannah
    Great to hear it's actually useful for something ^^

re: the pause button, it's very simple addition but how should the pause itself work? I.e, when the pause button is active, should the program still register the ongoing damage, just without updating the stats until the pause is disabled... or should everything happening when the pause is active, be ignored altogether?
    Maybe add a "Pause" button and a "Stop/Start" button..

Another suggestion: It would be nice if you could parse out nanobot damage properly to separate perk damage from regular hits

Nice.

I've included a link to the programme in the MP Guide thread with a note that it's in Beta.

I've also subscribed to this thread to catch updates in future. Please make sure that any changes to url and or updates are posted into this thread - or post in here that you're moving such update notifications to another place.

Thanks again for the work on producing a much needed utility.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

updated version is available from the usual place

* added the Pause and Stop buttons, these will pause the view update and suspend parsing of the log, respectively.

* the nanobots damage and the perk specials damage is now split into two separate categories. Might be not 100% reliable as the game uses the same message type for both kinds of damage, though...

let me know if you spot any problems ^^;;

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast